MX vs ATV Reflex Gameplay Videos

SMITH201
8/7/2009 5:12am Edited Date/Time 8/7/2009 5:27am
Looks like fun! but a couple things that need to be fixed, if you landed on someone else off a jump and the bike decided to do a front flip I seriously doubt that you would hold on to the bike the entire time while seated. Also, I dont think you would stand up with your foot out while turning.

Its almost like he is goon riding with the amount of time he has his leg stright out Laughing
SMITH201
8/7/2009 5:35am
I have to say though, the scrub whip going up into the stadium in the SX video was SICK!!!!!!Woohoo
axel57
8/7/2009 5:40am
A bit of the gameplay footage you guys have been asking for has been posted on GameTrailers. Check it out. Razorback national http://www.gametrailers.com/video/nationals-razorback-mx-vs-atv/53730 Sandwick National http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sandwick-gameplay-mx-vs-atv/53824...

A bit of the gameplay footage you guys have been asking for has been posted on GameTrailers. Check it out.

Razorback national

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/nationals-razorback-mx-vs-atv/53730

Sandwick National

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sandwick-gameplay-mx-vs-atv/53824

New Features Interview

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/new-features-mx-vs-atv/53826

SX Gameplay

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/supercross-gameplay-mx-vs-atv/53732
Your the one nit picking over on the community site you dickweed.

All we ask for is better bike sounds. If MOTOGP and Nascar and F1 can make their vehicles sound exactly like the real thing, why cant THQ?
seven11
8/7/2009 6:07am
The game looks fun as hell and way more realistic than last time! Can't wait for it to release!

The Shop

SMITH201
8/7/2009 6:09am
The only thing good about Freestyle was the course. You still have your mechanic with you and start your session like you on the gate of a race. Seems to be an issue with the way he is trying to grip his bars when starting the bike. Oh, and I cant tell you how many times he should have crashed during that vid!!!
JW381
8/7/2009 9:24am
SMITH201 wrote:
The only thing good about Freestyle was the course. You still have your mechanic with you and start your session like you on the gate of...
The only thing good about Freestyle was the course. You still have your mechanic with you and start your session like you on the gate of a race. Seems to be an issue with the way he is trying to grip his bars when starting the bike. Oh, and I cant tell you how many times he should have crashed during that vid!!!
" if you landed on someone else off a jump and the bike decided to do a front flip I seriously doubt that you would hold on to the bike the entire time while seated. Also, I dont think you would stand up with your foot out while turning.

Its almost like he is goon riding with the amount of time he has his leg stright out"

Wah Wah Wah. The game is not a perfect racing simulation, WAH. The intro scenes to freestyle and racing, IN THE DEMO I MIGHT ADD, are the same. What a waste of video game space. These things are soooo important, there's no way I can buy it now.

ferfuckssake man...
8/7/2009 9:46am
i dont think the sound is that big of a deal. sounds close enough for me. id rather then invest in having real copies of tracks like the motogp and nascar games do. and other more important parts of the game.
hell, in socom people lose their sound all together all the time. just cuts right out until they reset.
SPYGUY
Fantasy
885th
8/7/2009 10:24am
Seriously? Go re-watch the video, listen to the rider's brakes and how he's off the throttle coming into the corners. There is definitely nothing close to...
Seriously? Go re-watch the video, listen to the rider's brakes and how he's off the throttle coming into the corners. There is definitely nothing close to an 80mph turn in a SX.
Honestly, I watched it the first time without sound. You are right. He's letting off a little in the corners (turn your speakers off the it's impossible to tell, however), but what I'm getting at is that it looks like there still isn't much potential for block passing in the corners.

MX Unleashed had honest to goodness block passing. You could absolutely stuff someone in the corner just like in real life. Every game since then has been missing that. In the videos I just watched, any contact made in the corners is going make you blow the entire next section. In Unleashed you were able to bang bars in the corner and still get a rhythm in the following section.

Regardless of what you may think, I'm not afraid to give you guys props. Some of the things I see in the videos look pretty cool and I'll definitely be at the store buying this the day it comes out (just like every MX video game that's ever come out).

I do have to admit I'm already sick of the 30 second girl wiggling her hips and the "voice of satan" announcer dude. Both of those things have been WAY overplayed in our sport.
G Force
8/7/2009 10:51am
Sound is not a factor for me, I typically play with some music on, and the game on low.

Looks like a great game, I look forward to it..!
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
1704th
8/7/2009 10:52am
Seriously? Go re-watch the video, listen to the rider's brakes and how he's off the throttle coming into the corners. There is definitely nothing close to...
Seriously? Go re-watch the video, listen to the rider's brakes and how he's off the throttle coming into the corners. There is definitely nothing close to an 80mph turn in a SX.
SPYGUY wrote:
Honestly, I watched it the first time without sound. You are right. He's letting off a little in the corners (turn your speakers off the it's...
Honestly, I watched it the first time without sound. You are right. He's letting off a little in the corners (turn your speakers off the it's impossible to tell, however), but what I'm getting at is that it looks like there still isn't much potential for block passing in the corners.

MX Unleashed had honest to goodness block passing. You could absolutely stuff someone in the corner just like in real life. Every game since then has been missing that. In the videos I just watched, any contact made in the corners is going make you blow the entire next section. In Unleashed you were able to bang bars in the corner and still get a rhythm in the following section.

Regardless of what you may think, I'm not afraid to give you guys props. Some of the things I see in the videos look pretty cool and I'll definitely be at the store buying this the day it comes out (just like every MX video game that's ever come out).

I do have to admit I'm already sick of the 30 second girl wiggling her hips and the "voice of satan" announcer dude. Both of those things have been WAY overplayed in our sport.
I know the hours you've put into our games, as have most of us, and I know you're just wanting the best product that is possible.

Block passes are definitely possible. There is also a risk vs. reward with them. You can go in for the block pass, but you might not have the drive to triple into the next section. The good thing is, with ruts and our new physics making the corners more of an integral part of gameplay, we've planned our tracks to ride well if you only can double in. Keep in mind, that SX didn't show the rutted up corners, which completely change the dynamic (to use the rut, or to avoid it, is it too deep, is it going to help me rail) etc.
SMITH201
8/7/2009 11:18am
Still nothing has ever topped the PS1 game "Supercross Circuit"!

That game was awesome and I still pop it in and play it sometimes. No unrealistic jumping and the pace of the bikes was on point! All the actual tracks from the 1999 SX season and all the real Outdoor National tracks. Even better was you could do 2 player seasons!

That exact game with enhanced graphics would be off the friggin chain!!
rc4187
8/7/2009 11:27am
what is the duration of the rut memory? if I decided to go 100 laps on an sx and took the exact same line every lap... would it be a 6 foot deep hole ? Smile
SPYGUY
Fantasy
885th
8/7/2009 12:40pm
SMITH201 wrote:
Still nothing has ever topped the PS1 game "Supercross Circuit"! That game was awesome and I still pop it in and play it sometimes. No unrealistic...
Still nothing has ever topped the PS1 game "Supercross Circuit"!

That game was awesome and I still pop it in and play it sometimes. No unrealistic jumping and the pace of the bikes was on point! All the actual tracks from the 1999 SX season and all the real Outdoor National tracks. Even better was you could do 2 player seasons!

That exact game with enhanced graphics would be off the friggin chain!!
That game rocked.

And there was block passing, rider stuffing, bar banging action.
SPYGUY
Fantasy
885th
8/7/2009 12:42pm
I know the hours you've put into our games, as have most of us, and I know you're just wanting the best product that is possible...
I know the hours you've put into our games, as have most of us, and I know you're just wanting the best product that is possible.

Block passes are definitely possible. There is also a risk vs. reward with them. You can go in for the block pass, but you might not have the drive to triple into the next section. The good thing is, with ruts and our new physics making the corners more of an integral part of gameplay, we've planned our tracks to ride well if you only can double in. Keep in mind, that SX didn't show the rutted up corners, which completely change the dynamic (to use the rut, or to avoid it, is it too deep, is it going to help me rail) etc.
I'm definitely looking forward to trying it out.
SMITH201
8/7/2009 2:19pm
And remember how technical it was? You had to have the right speed, be just right with the goose button and pulling back to do a difficult triple or quad in a rythem section.
Bronson905
Fantasy
889th
8/7/2009 9:11pm
The link for the Razorback national gameplay isnt working for me. Can somebody post a new link!?
JW381
8/7/2009 9:13pm
just youtube it. it's still there.

Post a reply to: MX vs ATV Reflex Gameplay Videos

The Latest