MX tracks in Prescott Arizona ?

holeshot413
Fantasy
1759th
I'm here shopping around and thinking of retiring here, BUT riding racing is still important to me. Where do you race or ride out here?
|
Coyote
2/21/2017 5:41pm
I'm here shopping around and thinking of retiring here, BUT riding racing is still important to me. Where do you race or ride out here?
dunno about mx tracks but there is a great trail system throughout Prescott...great area!!
Dirt addict
2/21/2017 5:45pm
Save me some room.... Prescott is high on my list....
You could get some property and put in a Mx track... have it up in running in 5-6 years please....
Walter
2/21/2017 5:46pm
The used to be an MX track in the Verde Valley but I do not know if it is still operational. Jim George may know and can chime in...
Sully22
2/21/2017 6:02pm
I don't know much about up near Prescott, but there's canyon MX in Peoria, which is a little over an hour south from you, there's motoland MX park in casa grande...about 2.5 hours from you, and there's Arizona cycle park in buckeye...about 2.5 hours from you. Arizona cycle park is an awesome facility, a lot of the pros rode there during the week leading up to the Glendale SX round, when it was raing at all the practice tracks in SoCsl.

There was a thread not too long ago about a guy in AZ with a practice track that looked pretty bad ass, I think he was near where I40 and highway 93 meets, I think.

The Shop

RandyS
2/21/2017 8:27pm
I went to a 4 stroke national in 98 that was somewhere between Phoenix and Prescott. What track was that?
captmoto
2/21/2017 9:23pm
I'm thinking of Noerthern AZ too but I'm kinda spoiled where I am now. 15 minutes to Glen Helen, 25 to Milestone, 45 mins. to 1 hour to nearly everything else.
motomojo
2/21/2017 9:52pm
Thanks Kai hope the wrist is healed up riding Sun weather permitting hope you can make it.

Gopher Gulch MX about 2 hours from Prescott just south of 40 east of 93.
Some pics from today getting prepped for Thursday and hopefully the weekend if it doesn't rain again.
and a youtube GoPro from Dec.

There is another private track in Prescott FMC MX info here at Dirtcraft MX Tracks also located in Prescott FMC is listed right under my track on Dirtcrafts FB with lots of pics track looks much fun.
https://www.facebook.com/dirtcraftmxtracks/?ref=page_internal
If you are looking to have a track built i highly recommend Robert at Dirtcraft..

2/21/2017 9:52pm Edited Date/Time 2/21/2017 9:53pm
We are moving in a couple years. Been

looking at Estrella, above Goodyear. Bu heading up next month for Baseball, hockey and looking at houses in Prescott.
bvm111
2/21/2017 11:01pm
motomojo wrote:
Thanks Kai hope the wrist is healed up riding Sun weather permitting hope you can make it. Gopher Gulch MX about 2 hours from Prescott just...
Thanks Kai hope the wrist is healed up riding Sun weather permitting hope you can make it.

Some pics from today getting prepped for Thursday and hopefully the weekend if it doesn't rain again.

There is another private track in Prescott FMC MX info here at Dirtcraft MX Tracks also located in Prescott FMC is listed right under my track on Dirtcrafts FB with lots of pics track looks much fun.
If you are looking to have a track built i highly recommend Robert at Dirtcraft..

Joe, send me a text if you are riding Sunday... I haven't ridden in a year so I will be just cruising and and knocking the rust off, but, would love to finally check out the track!!!
aharper33
2/22/2017 5:01am
RandyS wrote:
I went to a 4 stroke national in 98 that was somewhere between Phoenix and Prescott. What track was that?
You are probably thinking of Speedworld in Surprise. It got closed down a few years ago. I could be wrong but I know they had a 4 stroke national there until the series ended.
Arkmx
2/22/2017 9:12am
RandyS wrote:
aharper33 wrote:
You are probably thinking of Speedworld in Surprise. It got closed down a few years ago. I could be wrong but I know they had a...
You are probably thinking of Speedworld in Surprise. It got closed down a few years ago. I could be wrong but I know they had a 4 stroke national there until the series ended.
Yes Speedworld. Now closed.... you are correct.
Arkmx
2/22/2017 9:18am
Kyle Krause does an event in Prescott Valley....

Arkmx
2/22/2017 9:19am
motomojo wrote:
Thanks Kai hope the wrist is healed up riding Sun weather permitting hope you can make it. Gopher Gulch MX about 2 hours from Prescott just...

Gopher Gulch MX looks cool, but we have not been there yet....
Arkmx
2/22/2017 9:23am
Walter wrote:
The used to be an MX track in the Verde Valley but I do not know if it is still operational. Jim George may know and...
The used to be an MX track in the Verde Valley but I do not know if it is still operational. Jim George may know and can chime in...
Thanks Walter.... I have chimed in on a few, as most of the Tracks have been covered for the central and northern part of the state.

Lave Havasu has an MX track too, looks cool.

Link.... http://www.928mx.com/

Arkmx
2/22/2017 9:38am
motomojo wrote:
Hi Jim would love to have you and some friends up to check it out.
motomojo3@gmail.com

Hello Joe, Thanks!

We will have to come up some time and check it out for sure. My boy Zach has emailed you last year about directions etc. Track looks good found it on Google Earth... not going to see it from the Hwy... LOL.

Doing some bike prep and have one recovering from a hard crash at ACP the other week, so no riding for another couple of weeks.

I will send you an email.

Cheers!
JayBraap19
2/22/2017 3:12pm
Prescott born and raised here.

I could point you in the direction of some pretty awesome secret moto trails and smaller hidden "tracks". If you have any questions feel free to PM me, I would be happy to help you out!

I should also mention that if you are looking for a legitimate maintained track, you're going to have to drive a couple hours in any direction (cottonwood/hayfeild draw/ phoenix).

buzzlight52
2/23/2017 7:01am
Buddy's got a freestyle compound in prescott valley with a nice track and some cool natural terrain stuff. Don't know about tracks up there is just say get a small front end loader and build something
2/23/2017 7:38am
I wouldn't make the treck down to havasu to ride the track it's deffinetly not worth it. Arizona cycle park is the best track around that area. The main tracks got some good sized jumps on it and the vet track is very basic.
DTHA70
2/23/2017 10:53am
all of you Cali dudes make sure to leave your states BS behind when you migrate to the great #state48

we welcome you with open arms and quite a few good tracks around the valley(ACP IN BUCKEYE IS THE BEST)

Prescott will be culture shock to most of you CA guys, its a true wild west town with a ton of history and killer bars!

Prescott and Prescott Valley is still full of real life farmers, ranchers, cowboys and LOTS of hunters and competitive shooters.

Shooting sports are big all over the state and more 2A manufacturers move to AZ every day.

I'd be glad to show some of you migrating folk around if and when you arrive.

Cheers,
Dave
AZ35
Fantasy
544th
2/23/2017 11:18am
RandyS wrote:
aharper33 wrote:
You are probably thinking of Speedworld in Surprise. It got closed down a few years ago. I could be wrong but I know they had a...
Arkmx wrote:
Yes Speedworld. Now closed.... you are correct.
Actually Verde Valley MX did host a 4 Stroke National in 1998. Track was located just off the highway between Camp Verde and Cottonwood. Track is still there, but long closed from what it looks like last time I was in the area.

I spectated, I recall Shawn Kalos and I think Lance Smail did well. Mike Healy I am pretty sure raced as well.

There used to be a track in Mayer in the 80's, and they had a public SX track at the Yavapai County Fairgrounds in the late 90's.

Prescott has a couple OHV areas but no public MX tracks that I am aware of- but some great trail riding spots.

Post a reply to: MX tracks in Prescott Arizona ?

The Latest