MX tracks in Florida.

3/12/2018 5:48am
So me and 10 of my friends are headed to Florida at the end of this week and are staying for just over a week. Were staying in Davenport which is close to Orlando. We’re looking for a few reccomendations on tracks to ride.

So far we know we’re going to hit:
Croom off-road park
Pax track
Florida tracks and trails
Waldo

Need one or two more places to go to. Was looking online and came across spyder mx? Sky top mx? Bartow?

If anyone can give us some insight on a few more places to go. Were expert woods riders so fast but not looking for insane big jumps.

Thanks in advance.
|
Renner153
Fantasy
3544th
3/12/2018 6:09am
For sure hit WW Ranch. You could easily skip over Pax or Waldo for that place. Orlando MX is a great place. Tampa MX is also a fun track to rip around on.
Rickyisms
3/12/2018 6:27am
Tampa MX is fun with great people, Spyder MX is my favorite, Dade city saturday night races are fun, WW for sure.

Florida tracks and trails SUCKS now, they lost their good workers when one of them opened up his own place a couple miles down the road.
3/12/2018 6:42am
Renner153 wrote:
For sure hit WW Ranch. You could easily skip over Pax or Waldo for that place. Orlando MX is a great place. Tampa MX is also...
For sure hit WW Ranch. You could easily skip over Pax or Waldo for that place. Orlando MX is a great place. Tampa MX is also a fun track to rip around on.
How are the jumps at ww ranch online it looks huge. Is it still fun if you don’t hit all of the jumps?
MX47
3/12/2018 6:46am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2018 6:51am
WW will be open for a race weekend the 17th and 18th, other than that I don't think they will be open. With 10 of you I would contact them and see if you can get a private ride day. Might end up being too expensive tho, If you need an extra rider for the money I am available any day of the week.

Bostwick Creek MX is a good fun track also.

Hope this helps

The Shop

MotoGuideApp
3/12/2018 6:48am
Check out the MotoGuide App. Features over 30 track listings in Florida with GPS enabled Google Maps for directions, interactive maps for searching, track contact info, racing schedules and more.

https://www.motoguideapp.com/
easydoesit
3/12/2018 6:49am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2018 6:50am
There is Florida Cycle Park near Lake Okeechobee.

Two tracks that are temporarily closed but could reopen at any time:
Miami MX Park
Mesa MX

Croom is awesome, plan to spend a few days there exploring the place. It is huge.
easydoesit
3/12/2018 6:53am
Rickyisms wrote:
Tampa MX is fun with great people, Spyder MX is my favorite, Dade city saturday night races are fun, WW for sure. Florida tracks and trails...
Tampa MX is fun with great people, Spyder MX is my favorite, Dade city saturday night races are fun, WW for sure.

Florida tracks and trails SUCKS now, they lost their good workers when one of them opened up his own place a couple miles down the road.
Did they open up a track? If so, what is the name?
sandman768
3/12/2018 7:05am
Orlando MX park... Great sand track with some big jumps, but you don't have to do the big gaps & can still get a good workout. Track is well maintained.
Croom has great single track, deep sand so you need to go after it rains, monitor the weather in Brooksville.
Rode Bartow a few days ago, fun, safe track with all table tops, sand but jumps hold up well, track was dry & dusty, appeared watering system was broke...? Price stayed the same...
kaptkaos
3/12/2018 7:45am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2018 8:10am
Rickyisms wrote:
Tampa MX is fun with great people, Spyder MX is my favorite, Dade city saturday night races are fun, WW for sure. Florida tracks and trails...

Whats the name of the place he opened up and is it open to the public?

I still recommend FTT, I was there 2 weeks and it was excellent. The trails were even groomed and they were the best they have ever been.
Rickyisms
3/12/2018 9:25am
Rickyisms wrote:

easydoesit wrote:
74 family fun park
easydoesit
3/12/2018 9:30am
Rickyisms wrote:

easydoesit wrote:
Rickyisms wrote:
74 family fun park
Thanks man. Definitely need to pay them a visit!
ti473
3/12/2018 9:34am
bostwick
motocr101
3/12/2018 10:33am
Boswick is the track to check out. Love that place. Small and big jumps and the jumps are safe and it's not super crowded LIKE Dade city and spider mx
sixfiftythree
Fantasy
61st
3/12/2018 12:36pm
We have done that trip every year for the last five years, we also stayed in davenport. On the way down we would hit Pax, WW always had a race going on so we couldn't go there. We also went to FTT, Orlando mx, Bartow and Hardrock. Bartow is pretty good because it's only 20mins away. Don't forget to spend some time at Club27!

You need to plan your week ahead of time because some places are only open certain days.
mark_swart
3/12/2018 12:45pm
While we are on the topic of Florida MX, just out of curiosity, how is the vintage scene down there? My family and I are considering moving somewhere (not sure where) in Florida in a few years. Would like to be near one of the coasts.

Yes, I am basing a major life decision on where I am able to race an 86 CR 500....but I also do modern : )!
aees
3/12/2018 2:20pm
Nordic Club Florida. Best soft track you can find in Florida. 3 tracks.
Neverclear
3/13/2018 6:15am
I spent a ton of time down there in years past during my touring days, and Dade City was always my favorite. Fairly easy drive from Orlando with practice Thursdays & Saturday night racing.

Besides a prepped Bremen in GA, Dade had the best racing surface I ever rode. Their clay/sand mix was really good.

Bithlo/Orlando MX was a fun place also. Whenever I was working down there, I'd always pack my bike in the truck with the gear. So many great riding options in FL.

Have fun
rryker
3/13/2018 9:28am
Nordic Club is pretty cool and is really close to Bostwick
3/13/2018 10:16am Edited Date/Time 3/13/2018 10:26am
Stop by North Florida MX. It's an all Georgia clay track with no scary jumps. There's one small double and one medium double that this 56-year-old can make on his YZ250.

Call Alan at 904-504-2310 and tell him Johnny D. sent you. He's open on Wednesday (groomed), Thursday (not groomed) and Saturday and Sunday (groomed). He will open the track for you on an off day if you tell him you're bringing ten paying customers and he's not busy doing something else. Just call and ask.

https://www.facebook.com/North-Florida-Motocross-197292513559/
JB 19
3/13/2018 4:04pm
Dad and I just did a trip like this last week. Started in Jacksonville at WW then got a room for two days in Daytona and rode Pax and Orlando MX, then drove to Tampa where you have Tampa MX and Dade City.

I think Florida Tracks and Trails is going to be a long drive from where you will be. In the Orlando area you have a lot of tracks within 1-2 hours of each other.
Rickyisms
3/13/2018 6:02pm
easydoesit wrote:
Rickyisms wrote:
74 family fun park
easydoesit wrote:
Thanks man. Definitely need to pay them a visit!
It's worth it, The sand track is a blast and the owner (Loren Lykins) is a super cool guy.
Rickyisms
3/13/2018 6:03pm
Dade city mx is racing Saturday night if you wanna stop by, I'll most likely be there.
Wade221
3/13/2018 6:06pm
Stop by North Florida MX. It's an all Georgia clay track with no scary jumps. There's one small double and one medium double that this 56-year-old...
Stop by North Florida MX. It's an all Georgia clay track with no scary jumps. There's one small double and one medium double that this 56-year-old can make on his YZ250.

Call Alan at 904-504-2310 and tell him Johnny D. sent you. He's open on Wednesday (groomed), Thursday (not groomed) and Saturday and Sunday (groomed). He will open the track for you on an off day if you tell him you're bringing ten paying customers and he's not busy doing something else. Just call and ask.

I have a long standing man love for AA? Haha
3/13/2018 6:23pm Edited Date/Time 3/13/2018 6:24pm
mark_swart wrote:
While we are on the topic of Florida MX, just out of curiosity, how is the vintage scene down there? My family and I are considering...
While we are on the topic of Florida MX, just out of curiosity, how is the vintage scene down there? My family and I are considering moving somewhere (not sure where) in Florida in a few years. Would like to be near one of the coasts.

Yes, I am basing a major life decision on where I am able to race an 86 CR 500....but I also do modern : )!
Vintage scene is very active and on the rise; Sunshine State Vintage Motocross Club. Check out their site, or find them on facebook. Great series, run pretty efficiently, and the mid 80s-early 90s racing is becoming strong.
3/13/2018 7:05pm
Stop by North Florida MX. It's an all Georgia clay track with no scary jumps. There's one small double and one medium double that this 56-year-old...

Wade221 wrote:
I have a long standing man love for AA? Haha
Haha! I remember you. When you coming back for a visit?
Wade221
3/13/2018 7:19pm
Haha! I remember you. When you coming back for a visit?
Don't want to hijack OPs thread. But, yeah I need to get back down there! I miss riding SE GA/FL

Good tracks, good dirt, great weather!
Markee
Fantasy
2006th
3/14/2018 12:41pm
Florida people, whats the frostproof area all about?? My work is building a new division there for some reason and I might consider moving. I commute 50 miles now so I'm curious about the surround areas, housing, MX, etc..

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Rickyisms
3/14/2018 3:54pm
mark_swart wrote:
While we are on the topic of Florida MX, just out of curiosity, how is the vintage scene down there? My family and I are considering...

FTR (Florida trail riders) Has a good pre modern (20+ years) and evo (20+ drum brakes and air cooled) classes on Saturdays too, if you're into hare scrambles.
3/20/2018 6:57am
Rode spyder mx Saturday. Then bostwick Sunday which was sick. Hitting croom today and pax tomorrow and then thinking of hitting Dade city on Thursday night and Waldo Friday. Having a sick time thanks for the input guys.

Post a reply to: MX tracks in Florida.

The Latest