MX team could possibly lose major sponsor

JW269
Edited Date/Time 12/10/2014 8:18pm
http://www.forbes.com/sites/abrambrown/2014/12/10/party-ending-rockstar…

For all who don't want to read the article:

-Rockstar energys sales are not good with the market being dominated by Red bull and monster.
-Their CEO has axed sponsorship dollars with athletes/companies on a whim.

My question is: what would happen to a team like rockstar husky if a company like rockstar dropped them, like they have done with other athletes? Could some of these teams survive without the energy drink companies?

I like what RCH and JGR are doing bringing out of the ordinary sponsors in. (jimmy johns/weinerschnitzel)

Just curious on everyone's thoughts about energy drinks and their impact on teams and the sport.
|
hvaughn88
12/10/2014 1:44pm
It just shows me how much these companies are selling a "lifestyle" instead of a product. Red Bull and Monster seem to target different demographics, but large demographics. I'm not sure who Rockstar targets. I don't ever see anyone purchasing their product or apparel. I see monster apparel, stickers, graphics everywhere. I see Red Bull cans being purchased, Red Bull Magazine being read, Red Bull one-off events. Not sure where Rockstar fit in the grand scheme of the energy drink world, as far as staying power.
motokawi818
12/10/2014 1:46pm
I'm thinking since the husky team is a factory effort they will be fine. Just like honda losing muscle milk. If it were a lower tier team they would have much more trouble.
JW269
12/10/2014 1:51pm
I completely agree on selling a "lifestyle", Redbull and monster have that down to a science. Redbull was smart to have brand exclusivity to only certain teams and making their graphics nearly impossible to find. It makes people want your brand more.

ML512
Fantasy
45th
12/10/2014 1:51pm
I'm thinking since the husky team is a factory effort they will be fine. Just like honda losing muscle milk. If it were a lower tier...
I'm thinking since the husky team is a factory effort they will be fine. Just like honda losing muscle milk. If it were a lower tier team they would have much more trouble.
Right now, Husqvarna is just getting started again and has a very tight budget when it comes to racing. They wouldn't just pull out the check book and flip the bill if the major sponsorship were to fall through. It would fall into Hewitt's lap to take care of.

The Shop

Kawaboy14
12/10/2014 1:54pm
I'm thinking since the husky team is a factory effort they will be fine. Just like honda losing muscle milk. If it were a lower tier...
ML512 wrote:
Right now, Husqvarna is just getting started again and has a very tight budget when it comes to racing. They wouldn't just pull out the check...
Right now, Husqvarna is just getting started again and has a very tight budget when it comes to racing. They wouldn't just pull out the check book and flip the bill if the major sponsorship were to fall through. It would fall into Hewitt's lap to take care of.
Husky a whole race team equals about 1.5 minutes of commercials during the Super Bowl. Husky is WAY bigger than you think.
Dragoo168
12/10/2014 1:57pm
Consider who owns Husky,...They would find another sponsor!
ML512
Fantasy
45th
12/10/2014 1:58pm
ML512 wrote:
Right now, Husqvarna is just getting started again and has a very tight budget when it comes to racing. They wouldn't just pull out the check...
Kawaboy14 wrote:
Husky a whole race team equals about 1.5 minutes of commercials during the Super Bowl. Husky is WAY bigger than you think.
I know they've had to turn down lately in some deals that were promised... the budget is tight right now. Also, the above comparison was a bit off as Honda's race team is owned by Honda. Rockstar Racing is owned by Bobby Hewitt. It's his organization's responsibility to ensure the race team budget, not Husqvarna's.
TeamGreen
12/10/2014 2:04pm
All the Editorial Input for this article comes from mid-summer 2014.

I'm jus' sayin'...
ML512
Fantasy
45th
12/10/2014 2:14pm
TeamGreen wrote:
All the Editorial Input for this article comes from mid-summer 2014.

I'm jus' sayin'...
Good catch there Manny. Laughing
oshow
12/10/2014 2:15pm
ML512 wrote:
Kawaboy14 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
I know they've had to turn down lately in some deals that were promised... the budget is tight right now. Also, the above comparison was a...
I know they've had to turn down lately in some deals that were promised... the budget is tight right now. Also, the above comparison was a bit off as Honda's race team is owned by Honda. Rockstar Racing is owned by Bobby Hewitt. It's his organization's responsibility to ensure the race team budget, not Husqvarna's.
Exactly. The grind will get real to keep the $$ because if sales are bad I the Rockstar CEO will cut the budget fast and first
moto282
12/10/2014 2:17pm
Reading that article it's hard to believe the Rockstar owner made it this far.
Gringoe
12/10/2014 2:18pm
I hope Anderson got payed up front heavily

12/10/2014 2:26pm Edited Date/Time 12/10/2014 2:26pm
Sounds like Wiener needs to stop whining and get his shit straight!!! Its time to give back and help out those that need it...sounds to me as this dude is a greedy whining SOB

He came correct when he was young, and now he is all high and mighty, I remember the deal going south with Rockstar factory Suzuki and the Rockstar team, too much money was being asked of Russ and he killed the deal!!!
Skippie
12/10/2014 2:29pm
Sounds like Wiener needs to stop whining and get his shit straight!!! Its time to give back and help out those that need it...sounds to me...
Sounds like Wiener needs to stop whining and get his shit straight!!! Its time to give back and help out those that need it...sounds to me as this dude is a greedy whining SOB

He came correct when he was young, and now he is all high and mighty, I remember the deal going south with Rockstar factory Suzuki and the Rockstar team, too much money was being asked of Russ and he killed the deal!!!
It's a business not a charity.
12/10/2014 2:35pm Edited Date/Time 12/10/2014 2:37pm
Sounds like Wiener needs to stop whining and get his shit straight!!! Its time to give back and help out those that need it...sounds to me...

Skippie wrote:
Hmmm? Interesting source of marketing...make billions and keep it all to yoursefl!!! People wonder why Rockstar is getting their butt kicked by Monster and Redbull!! Doesnt matter how good your product is, if you arent giving back you arent gonna last very long in business.

There is a reason why he hasnt gone public yet...no Ipo coming at anytime for rockstar, probably cause Russ is burning more bridges than he can sell Rockstar drinks
Crush
12/10/2014 2:42pm
Not for nothing, and not that I drink them, but Rockstar tastes like ass.

Yeah I know how it tastes. Deal with it.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
12/10/2014 3:44pm
Regarding the subject line. Welcome to every day of the week that ends in -day... Blink

TeamGreen
12/10/2014 3:46pm

Skippie wrote:
Hmmm? Interesting source of marketing...make billions and keep it all to yoursefl!!! People wonder why Rockstar is getting their butt kicked by Monster and Redbull!! Doesnt...
Hmmm? Interesting source of marketing...make billions and keep it all to yoursefl!!! People wonder why Rockstar is getting their butt kicked by Monster and Redbull!! Doesnt matter how good your product is, if you arent giving back you arent gonna last very long in business.

There is a reason why he hasnt gone public yet...no Ipo coming at anytime for rockstar, probably cause Russ is burning more bridges than he can sell Rockstar drinks
Bwahahahaha

He's said no to it every damn time.

Next uninformed analogy?
TeamGreen
12/10/2014 3:49pm
Rockstar is doing jus' fine and has a distribution deal that the article didn't discuss much...at all.
12/10/2014 3:53pm
Skippie wrote:
Hmmm? Interesting source of marketing...make billions and keep it all to yoursefl!!! People wonder why Rockstar is getting their butt kicked by Monster and Redbull!! Doesnt...

TeamGreen wrote:
Bwahahahaha

He's said no to it every damn time.

Next uninformed analogy?
Uninformed in what way?

Xeno
12/10/2014 5:09pm
GuyB wrote:
Regarding the subject line. Welcome to every day of the week that ends in -day... Blink

I would edit the subject line to say "MX or Off-Road team", but I'm not an admin! Silly
mark_swart
12/10/2014 5:16pm
Crush wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. Hate to say it but Rockstar is losing out because their product doesn't taste as good as the other two. Branding and lifestyles only get you so far. I love that they support the sport, but I can't make myself drink one.
jemcee
12/10/2014 5:45pm
Crush wrote:

It's a lot like a 9 volt battery you know you shouldn't put ya tongue on it but every now and again...
Skippie
12/10/2014 8:18pm

Oh how could I forget. If you make money you are required to give it away in order to be successful. You should teach business school man.

Post a reply to: MX team could possibly lose major sponsor

The Latest