MX on a Golf Course.

Related:
Create New Tag

6/9/2019 8:00 PM

Yesterday we had an organised race meeting on a Golf Course. The Golf club closed down last year and the land has recently been sold. The new owners allowed our local MX club to have a meeting on it before it is developed.

|

6/9/2019 8:03 PM

How awesome is that! Very cool of them to let you guys out there. 10 yr old me is incredibly jealous.

|

6/9/2019 8:10 PM

My dream!

|

6/9/2019 8:21 PM

Tell me I’m dreamin!

|

6/9/2019 8:30 PM

I’ve been dreaming of ripping up a golf course since I was about 5 years old!

|

6/9/2019 8:33 PM

As a golfer I cringe at the though of someone tearing up a course (obviously not in this case since it's closed down), but as a motocross rider. . .

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

6/9/2019 9:47 PM

That's cool you got to ride but I would prefer it stays a golf course than a housing development.

Few years back there was a golf course near Brisbane, AUS that got used for motocross/trail riding when it got closed for development.

|

6/9/2019 10:36 PM

So how was it?!

|

6/9/2019 11:43 PM

Tony that is pretty cool. What state?

|

6/9/2019 11:59 PM

RexEasely wrote:

Tony that is pretty cool. What state?

no state, it was in New Zealand.

|

6/10/2019 4:45 AM

There was a local golf course that closed down back when I was in my early 20's. We rode out there all the time. It was absolutely awesome! A couple of the elevated greens were perfect table tops.

|

6/10/2019 5:26 AM

I remember reading that a golf course was closed and Dave Coombs Sr. had a race there. If I remember correctly he sold chances to be the first one to hit the track for practice!

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

6/10/2019 5:34 AM

Holy Cow.. A dream come true!

|

Name withheld... Esquire

6/10/2019 5:37 AM

As a kid on the school bus I used to daydream about doubling the sand pits as our bus drove by the local golf course.

A dream come true to any MXer I'd imagine!

Props to the owner.

|

6/10/2019 6:00 AM

There is a sprint enduro in West Virgina that uses a golf course. It was held recently.

|

Shout out to: Fly Racing, X Brand Goggles, Kenda Tire, Nuetech Nitromousse, ProTune Suspension, Motool, Sunstar Sprockets, and Rehmerts Kawasaki KTM

6/10/2019 6:28 AM

Reminds me of the Renner video from a while back.

I think Deegan did something similar as well, but without permission haha
|

6/10/2019 6:30 AM

ADK MX just north of Albany New York, was a golf course, which was sold and turned into a moto track.

|

6/10/2019 6:43 AM

Good- I hate golf. All golf courses should be turned into motocross tracks.

|

6/10/2019 2:27 PM

|

KTM250SX YZ125 YZ85 PW80 ZX6 FZX700

6/10/2019 2:49 PM

Think about it. Young generation isn’t interested in golf, and to be honest who can blame them. You don’t have to play these days to get a good job lol.

Golf courses going broke. E-MX bikes are quiet. Watering systems already in place.

Could be the future? Dream on.

|

6/10/2019 6:58 PM

I'm in on this dream. Every golf course is an mx track waiting to happen.

|

6/10/2019 9:48 PM

Dropbear wrote:

Think about it. Young generation isn’t interested in golf, and to be honest who can blame them. You don’t have to play these days to get a good job lol.

Golf courses going broke. E-MX bikes are quiet. Watering systems already in place.

Could be the future? Dream on.

Actually, golf has one of the best programs going for getting youth involved. The First Tee organization allows members (kids up to 18 years old) to get significant discounts on range tokens and green fees, when I was growing up it only cost me $3 to play a round of golf and I don’t think it’s gone up in the last few years. The idea is to get kids involved in a game they can play their entire lives, and even if they take periodic breaks it’s very likely they will come back to the game at some point as adults. They also provide skills classes that touch on life skills and etiquette, as well as teaching the fundamentals about the game and basic swing coaching. It’s seriously a great program and makes a game that would be out of reach for many extremely affordable, the moto community should really look toward golf as a model for getting kids involved at a young age.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

6/10/2019 10:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/10/2019 11:01 PM

Anybody in the U.K. that has ridden at Arncott near Bicester has lived that dream too... it was an old golf course, it looked awesome when it first opened, I raced at the 1st meeting they ever had, we used to jump off the now long gone bridge over the pond and swim across it on hot summer Saturday evenings, it was 20 years ago though, it’s difficult to tell it was ever a golf course now...

|

6/10/2019 11:04 PM

|

6/10/2019 11:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/10/2019 11:22 PM

Belmont golf course about 5 minutes from me is a "national" caliber course... You can sneak on and play 3rd through 8th holes, you could easily ride those same fairways if you were a fuckwit.

|

6/11/2019 5:33 AM

|

6/11/2019 9:22 AM

I'm pretty sure a sprint enduro is held ona golf course

|

6/11/2019 2:13 PM

First time I ever caught air on a motorcycle I was on my Honda mini-trail 70 and sent it off the elevated tee for the fifth hole at the golf course next to the subdivision my parents lived in. I probably got two foot of air and felt like a champion! The groundskeeper was less than impressed though and was soon out there to chase me off the course.

|

6/11/2019 2:46 PM

OldYZRider1 wrote:

First time I ever caught air on a motorcycle I was on my Honda mini-trail 70 and sent it off the elevated tee for the fifth hole at the golf course next to the subdivision my parents lived in. I probably got two foot of air and felt like a champion! The groundskeeper was less than impressed though and was soon out there to chase me off the course.

Now that’s what I’m talking about!

|

6/11/2019 2:56 PM

How unbelievably cool that they allowed you guys to do that. Wow!

|