MX of Nations teams,

crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
8/10/2018 3:49pm
Herlings should race MX1 he has a chance of going 1-1 no matter what. Coldenhoff has a better chance of a top 10 score in mx2...
Herlings should race MX1 he has a chance of going 1-1 no matter what. Coldenhoff has a better chance of a top 10 score in mx2 vs mx3. No chance at that in mx1 vs mx3 imo
Sure he can get top 10 in any moto. As he has for 5 years at mxdn now
He is a regular 5-8th place guy in MXGP.
There are probably only 2 "new" guys on the line at MXdN that are probably better than him. The rest are the usual mxgp guys. And not even all of them will be there, e.g. Gajser probably not
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
8/10/2018 5:56pm
Herlings should race MX1 he has a chance of going 1-1 no matter what. Coldenhoff has a better chance of a top 10 score in mx2...
Herlings should race MX1 he has a chance of going 1-1 no matter what. Coldenhoff has a better chance of a top 10 score in mx2 vs mx3. No chance at that in mx1 vs mx3 imo
the MX3 rider has to race back to back, with only 45 min inbetween, with Coldenhoff's fitness it may be better to give him the bigger break,
make1go
8/10/2018 6:07pm Edited Date/Time 8/10/2018 6:08pm
His dad is dutch i thought ,so thats how he got his dual passport. Calvin has raced under dutch license and flag since he was 12...
His dad is dutch i thought ,so thats how he got his dual passport. Calvin has raced under dutch license and flag since he was 12 years old and was racing 85 cc in the netherlands , he raced the 125 youth worldchampionship for the netherlands in 2013 . Still racing with dutch license , dont know the reason why he switched for South African flag ( must be because he is also proud to be south african) in MX2 but that backfired as they were not so happy he didnt ask for permission to use it so now he switched it back and use the dutch one in MX2
i dont know the exact criteria , but as he raced for netherlands before its no problem in this case
he could fly the oz flag..

..."we" will give any body at a top level of sport, citizenship (fast tracked) and a scholarship and grants so desparate the australian gov
is to have presence on the world stage in sports..

prolly 1/4 of our olympic team will be recent immigrants..

8/10/2018 7:56pm
crusty_xx wrote:
Sure he can get top 10 in any moto. As he has for 5 years at mxdn now He is a regular 5-8th place guy in...
There are probably only 2 "new" guys on the line at MXdN that are probably better than him. The rest are the usual mxgp guys. And not even all of them will be there, e.g. Gajser probably not
Idk man, I could see more than one 250 guy beating coldenhoff. 1- pless 2- ferrandis 3- prado

The Shop

TDeath21
8/10/2018 10:25pm
joshflo wrote:
Does anyone know if they’re using the metal pads for the starts?? Could be a game changer for team USA. Eli’s starts are usually not very...
Does anyone know if they’re using the metal pads for the starts?? Could be a game changer for team USA. Eli’s starts are usually not very good on dirt but he holeshotted like more than half the races once they switched to metal for sx. On the other hand the mxgp guys might not be used to dirt starts
It’ll be a grate.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/10/2018 10:32pm
Team Venezuela

Lorenzo Locurcio
Anthony Rodriguez
Carlos Badiali

RG1
8/11/2018 1:03am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
[b]Team Venezuela[/b] Lorenzo Locurcio Anthony Rodriguez Carlos Badiali [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/08/10/279841/s1200_38030475_244257472963132_6881557134643822592_n.jpg[/img]
Team Venezuela

Lorenzo Locurcio
Anthony Rodriguez
Carlos Badiali

I know nothing about Badiali. But the way Locurcio and Rodriguez are riding this season they have a decent chance of making the main I think
8/11/2018 1:05am
crusty_xx wrote:
Sure he can get top 10 in any moto. As he has for 5 years at mxdn now He is a regular 5-8th place guy in...
Idk man, I could see more than one 250 guy beating coldenhoff. 1- pless 2- ferrandis 3- prado
in my memory he only got beaten once by a guy on a 250 , Musquin in 2015 ... Coldenhoff is solid in MXON
RG1
8/11/2018 1:06am Edited Date/Time 8/11/2018 1:13am
crusty_xx wrote:
What you're saying is possible, but people are sleeping on Coldenhoff a little bit. He hasn't really been getting the results his riding merits recently, due to bad starts. If he can get good starts he can be a real factor at MXdN. He went 8-11 last year in the mud which isn't his strong suit. But apart from that he went 6-7 at Maggiora, 7-10 at Ernee coming from nearly last to get 10th, and 7-8 in Latvia on an MX2 bike. He's actually pretty strong at MXdN
8/11/2018 1:27am
crusty_xx wrote:
RG1 wrote:
What you're saying is possible, but people are sleeping on Coldenhoff a little bit. He hasn't really been getting the results his riding merits recently, due...
What you're saying is possible, but people are sleeping on Coldenhoff a little bit. He hasn't really been getting the results his riding merits recently, due to bad starts. If he can get good starts he can be a real factor at MXdN. He went 8-11 last year in the mud which isn't his strong suit. But apart from that he went 6-7 at Maggiora, 7-10 at Ernee coming from nearly last to get 10th, and 7-8 in Latvia on an MX2 bike. He's actually pretty strong at MXdN
I like coldenhoff, just don’t think he’s riding his best this year. When he went 6-7 he was riding a lot better. Also that 7 would have been a 9 if Webb didn’t fall and Anderson was in the race (most likely)

8/11/2018 1:49am
I like coldenhoff, just don’t think he’s riding his best this year. When he went 6-7 he was riding a lot better. Also that 7 would...
I like coldenhoff, just don’t think he’s riding his best this year. When he went 6-7 he was riding a lot better. Also that 7 would have been a 9 if Webb didn’t fall and Anderson was in the race (most likely)

If Herlings wouldnt have made that mistake , he would have beat Andersson and we would have won MXON

IF doesnt count ..

but its all speculation , and agree with you Coldenhoff doesnt look at his best this season but i think its mainly because
he lost his good starts ...
his speed is still there and good , but MXGP is stacked and its not easy to come back from outside top 10
RG1
8/11/2018 1:53am
RG1 wrote:
What you're saying is possible, but people are sleeping on Coldenhoff a little bit. He hasn't really been getting the results his riding merits recently, due...
I like coldenhoff, just don’t think he’s riding his best this year. When he went 6-7 he was riding a lot better. Also that 7 would...

Like I said, I believe Coldenhoff's results are deceiving. I was at Loket and he impressed the hell out of me there, his starts were appalling but he never stopped charging and he caught people at the end of the races that I though he had no chance of getting to. Last season he got better and better towards the end of the season and I think he will do that this year too.
jemcee
8/11/2018 2:17am
RG1 wrote:
Like I said, I believe Coldenhoff's results are deceiving. I was at Loket and he impressed the hell out of me there, his starts were appalling...
Like I said, I believe Coldenhoff's results are deceiving. I was at Loket and he impressed the hell out of me there, his starts were appalling but he never stopped charging and he caught people at the end of the races that I though he had no chance of getting to. Last season he got better and better towards the end of the season and I think he will do that this year too.
Not exactly sure which moto this is but, yep

RG1
8/11/2018 2:54am
jemcee wrote:
Not exactly sure which moto this is but, yep [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/08/11/279854/s1200_07_1.jpg[/img]
Not exactly sure which moto this is but, yep

Believe that was Moto 1 he got to 9th and was less than 10 seconds down on Paulin and Lupino at the finish who you can see are the two directly behind Cairoli with top 5ish starts
Robgvx
8/11/2018 4:26am
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/08/09/279615/s1200_dooger.jpg[/img] Educated guess

Educated guess
Lol at “#doggereverywhere”.
Robgvx
8/11/2018 4:30am Edited Date/Time 8/11/2018 4:31am

If Herlings wouldnt have made that mistake , he would have beat Andersson and we would have won MXON IF doesnt count .. but its all...
If Herlings wouldnt have made that mistake , he would have beat Andersson and we would have won MXON

IF doesnt count ..

but its all speculation , and agree with you Coldenhoff doesnt look at his best this season but i think its mainly because
he lost his good starts ...
his speed is still there and good , but MXGP is stacked and its not easy to come back from outside top 10
IF doesn’t count

Words for Vitards to digest.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
8/11/2018 4:46am
crusty_xx wrote:
I don't think so on a fast American track.
Maybe on a tight Euro track with no traction it would be a different story.
Also at mxdn starts are really important and he's a great starter (one of the best bikes on the line)
Crunch
8/11/2018 6:08am
crusty_xx wrote:
Yes but as far as I know tonus is still up in the air. He's most probably going but if he can't go, they will have...
Yes but as far as I know tonus is still up in the air. He's most probably going but if he can't go, they will have a replacement. Andy Baumgartner.
Andy Baumgartner, really ? You haven't seen that Killian Auberson was also selected ? He's the best rider Switzerland have outside of the three GP guys, smoking everyone else at Nationals and making Top 15 in AMA Supercross...
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
8/11/2018 6:28am
crusty_xx wrote:
Yes but as far as I know tonus is still up in the air. He's most probably going but if he can't go, they will have...
Yes but as far as I know tonus is still up in the air. He's most probably going but if he can't go, they will have a replacement. Andy Baumgartner.
Crunch wrote:
Andy Baumgartner, really ? You haven't seen that Killian Auberson was also selected ? He's the best rider Switzerland have outside of the three GP guys...
Andy Baumgartner, really ? You haven't seen that Killian Auberson was also selected ? He's the best rider Switzerland have outside of the three GP guys, smoking everyone else at Nationals and making Top 15 in AMA Supercross...
I thought he was the OPEN/MXGP replacement and Auberson the MX2 one.
But I guess Auberson in Open would make sense as well, if he wants to race the 450.
colonel
8/11/2018 6:47am
yeah Calvin racing for team Orange looks like a done deal ...
DeStouwer wrote:
Vlaanderen has never been selected for South Africa before, so I don't know why they should select him now. Great opportunity for the Dutch team, but...
Vlaanderen has never been selected for South Africa before, so I don't know why they should select him now. Great opportunity for the Dutch team, but sour grapes for guys like Pootjes or Vaessen.
Aryen wrote:
He has a Dutch passport and his first HRC season has been very good. Clearly the best pick for MX2.
Its not that he wasn't selected by SA, he chose to ride for Dutch due to a few reasons and 1 he has the passport and will not go the SA route anymore. SA also is self funded with no help from federation so its not always the easiest to get over, a lot of the time is supported by private sponsors and other arrangements. As a Dutch rider he is the best pick for MX2 over any other riders so the fit is well deserved.
Crunch
8/11/2018 7:15am Edited Date/Time 8/11/2018 7:16am
crusty_xx wrote:
I thought he was the OPEN/MXGP replacement and Auberson the MX2 one. But I guess Auberson in Open would make sense as well, if he wants...
But I guess Auberson in Open would make sense as well, if he wants to race the 450.
Yeah Auberson is faster in 250 and 450 than anybody else (other than the 3 GP dudes) ;-)
He raced 2013 MXON on a stock 350, opportunity was great so he didn't denied it, this year is the same.
8/12/2018 3:47am
MXVice page mentioned :

Herlings MXGP
Coldenhoff Open
Vlaanderen MX2

Good to see Herlings in MXGP Wink
SJK
8/12/2018 6:34am
South Africa

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/12/2018 8:48am Edited Date/Time 8/12/2018 9:24am
Not confirmed yet but looks to be the following.

Team Russia

MXGP: Evgeny Bobryshev
MX2: Vsevolod Brylyakov
Open: Evgeny Mikhalov
RG1
8/12/2018 8:54am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Not confirmed yet but looks to be the following.

Team Russia

MXGP: Evgeny Bobryshev
MX2: Vsevolod Brylyakov
Open: Evgeny Mikhalov
Brylyakov will be back? That's good news for them. I always think it's such a shame that they never managed to get Bobryshev, Brylyakov and Tonkov together. One or two of them have always been injured
8/14/2018 11:12pm
Team GB
I read an interview with Jake Nicholls and apparently Watson in Mx2 is a given, but the rest is between him , Anstie and Searle.
It doesn't sound like Simpson is getting considered?
8/14/2018 11:56pm
scott_nz wrote:
the MX3 rider has to race back to back, with only 45 min inbetween, with Coldenhoff's fitness it may be better to give him the bigger...
the MX3 rider has to race back to back, with only 45 min inbetween, with Coldenhoff's fitness it may be better to give him the bigger break,
There is nothing wrong with Glenn's fitness. He is stronger and fitter than ever. Why would you think that?
The only thing missing is his starts at the moment, although he took his first holeshot of the season in Lommel.
RG1
8/15/2018 12:31am
Team GB I read an interview with Jake Nicholls and apparently Watson in Mx2 is a given, but the rest is between him , Anstie and...
Team GB
I read an interview with Jake Nicholls and apparently Watson in Mx2 is a given, but the rest is between him , Anstie and Searle.
It doesn't sound like Simpson is getting considered?
If Nicholls is being considered then Simpson definitely should be. For me Anstie and Watson should be in 100% then probably just Searle at the moment. No offense to Nicholls, but he stopped racing GP's and we have 3 guys racing 450 GP's who are all Top 10 worthy guys. I know Nicholls went to Red Bud, but he didn't do enough for me. I'd fancy Anstie, Tommy or Simpson to do better than 9-13 at Red Bud all day long
8/15/2018 12:49am
crusty_xx wrote:
I thought he was the OPEN/MXGP replacement and Auberson the MX2 one. But I guess Auberson in Open would make sense as well, if he wants...
Crunch wrote:
Yeah Auberson is faster in 250 and 450 than anybody else (other than the 3 GP dudes) ;-) He raced 2013 MXON on a stock 350...
Yeah Auberson is faster in 250 and 450 than anybody else (other than the 3 GP dudes) ;-)
He raced 2013 MXON on a stock 350, opportunity was great so he didn't denied it, this year is the same.
Saw Killian at my local race on Saturday and he was limping pretty good. He must have come off somewhere....

Did you guys see the website they've launched for raising money?There are some pretty sweet deals. It's cool to see and be a part of. You risk nothing anyways...if they don't meet the 40k budget target they won't go to Red Bud and your purchase won't be debited from your card. Annoyed their team shirts signed are gone already. Wouldve liked Tonus's wilvo shirt signed....

https://www.ibelieveinyou.ch/ibiy-ch/src/#!/projectdetail/17603/team-sw…
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/15/2018 6:39am
Team Czech Republic

MXGP: Václav Kovář
MX2: Martin Krč
OPEN: Martin Michek

Team Mexico

MXGP: Juliocésar Zambrano
MX2: Tre Fierro
OPEN: Félix Lopez