MX of Nations teams,

Related:
Create New Tag

7/25/2018 12:08 PM

HusqFan3 wrote:

Curious how often, if ever you see non-450 entries in the Open class?

I wondered about that too. Cairoli used to ride a 350, but that's eligible in MXGP and Open. So does anyone ever enter a 250 in the Open class?

One might think one of the smaller countries might have two hot-shot MX2 riders and keep them both on 250s. Hell, Covington might have been better off on a 250 last year.

|

F1. MotoGP. MXGP. Screw the rest.

7/25/2018 1:37 PM

VET176 wrote:

450, 250, 450

HusqFan3 wrote:

Brownstone322 wrote:

I wondered about that too. Cairoli used to ride a 350, but that's eligible in MXGP and Open. So does anyone ever enter a 250 ...more

Herlings did it at Lommel I think.

|

7/25/2018 1:50 PM

HusqFan3 wrote:

Brownstone322 wrote:

I wondered about that too. Cairoli used to ride a 350, but that's eligible in MXGP and Open. So does anyone ever enter a 250 ...more

shaffstall721 wrote:

Herlings did it at Lommel I think.

No he rode a 350.

|

7/25/2018 2:07 PM

Freddy wrote:

Wish they put Lieber on a 250, he was so fast when he was on.

Eurobrah wrote:

That's a very good point, I'd change Geerts to Lieber on a 250 on any given day. Geerts is a good rider, but I think Lieber ...more

Question wrote:

Actually JVH would probably be the fastest out of the 3. I don't know why, I don't know how, since he is quite tall and ...more

Everyone remembers Ken De Dyker kicking ass at Teuschenthal.. Desalle on the floor in turn 1 and out of it in Moto3, but JVH did the hard yards in the first 2 races coming from almost dead last in one race and way back in the other. If it was me, i'd be sticking the bloke riding for a job on the 250.

|

7/25/2018 6:08 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote: Team Canada

MXGP: Colton Facciotti #37
MX2: Jess Pettis #38
Open: Kaven Benoit #39

I'm pumped with our team.

You called it. I'm happy because if there are any injuries before the end of the year we have a few quality replacements to choose from. Pettis is the next rising star of Canadian moto and this will be a great opportunity for him on the world stage.Hopefully we can break top 10.Keys to the MXDN get a good start and don't crash.

|

7/25/2018 6:36 PM

Bermworm wrote:

You called it. I'm happy because if there are any injuries before the end of the year we have a few quality replacements to ...more

I think we have a chance to break into the top 10. Like you said, they'll need good starts and need to stay upright. If they can accomplish that I think we have a chance at our best ever finish at the MXdN.

Should be a good race. Hopefully it'll be sunny and not rain like last year.

In the meantime I hope they line up at Unadilla and/or Ironman.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

7/26/2018 9:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/26/2018 9:21 AM

Bermworm wrote:

You called it. I'm happy because if there are any injuries before the end of the year we have a few quality replacements to ...more

a or b group?

lol joking..

wish you guys the best just dont fck up aust chance of being top 10..knowing our luck its the best we can hope for..

|

7/27/2018 4:54 AM

I'm interested to see which way Belgium go with their team. I'm a firm believer in picking your best 3 guys for this event regardless of what class they ride. So I would probably go for Desalle and JvH on 450's and Lieber on a 250. Having said that, Lieber seems to have gone off the boil a little bit in the past month or so and Geerts is showing some really good speed. I think I'd still just go for Lieber as his ceiling is perhaps a bit higher, but it's an interesting and tough call

|

7/27/2018 4:56 AM

Bermworm wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

I think we have a chance to break into the top 10. Like you said, they'll need good starts and need to stay upright. If they ...more

Strong team. Canadians have rode well at last 2 MXdN's and being a bit closer to home I would think they can Top 10 for sure

|

7/30/2018 11:33 PM

Belgian team will be announced this Saturday evening in the tent at the GP of Lommel.

|

7/31/2018 12:27 AM

DeStouwer wrote:

Belgian team will be announced this Saturday evening in the tent at the GP of Lommel.

That will be an amazing partygrin

|

7/31/2018 12:46 AM

devindavisphoto wrote:

Brett Metcalfe ever considered for a spot on the Aussie team? Metty, Hunter Lawrence, then maybe like Kirk Gibbs?

jemcee wrote:

@ Scott that SX is actually on the same day (6th October)
Yep Metty has been riding really good lately (I mean he's always ...more

If Reed was serious about doing the Des Nations you’d thought he would of lined up for Red Bud and a handful of nationals to prepare.. to busy selling sh* smh
And I honestly can’t believe 1. Ferris is missing a great opportunity to race Red Bud and be a part of podium contention for a stupid Supercross series which he WILL lose to Justin Brayton (sorry not sorry) 2. I can’t believe Oz Supercross wouldn’t change the date of their stupid event so it doesn’t conflict with a major international event (sorry not sorry)
Wake up to yourselves Motorcycling Aus !

|

7/31/2018 3:03 AM

motonation24 wrote:

If Reed was serious about doing the Des Nations you’d thought he would of lined up for Red Bud and a handful of nationals to ...more

Yeah ya right there about Reed, I was just meaning cause he looks fitter than last year.. but that does seem like the only effort he's made..
Also agree with the rest it's all pretty strange haha
Maybe this is their way (MA) to not to send a team and save some money haha

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

8/4/2018 8:41 PM

Team Belgium

Clément Desalle
Jeremy van Horebeek
Jago Geerts

Backup Riders:

Kevin Strijbos
Julien Lieber
|

8/4/2018 8:57 PM

devindavisphoto wrote:

Dillan Epstein for Puerto Rico would be cool wink

Sully wrote:

Like DV said in another thread, I'd love to see PR as Bagget / AMart / Anderson. That's almost a guaranteed podium.

devindavisphoto wrote:

Would any of them even take pride in that? Especially since all of them have raced for Team USA.

If I was a wealthy man, I’d make it worth their while.

|

8/5/2018 1:13 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote: Team Belgium

Clément Desalle
Jeremy van Horebeek
Jago Geerts

Backup Riders:

Kevin Strijbos
Julien Lieber

Good team, probably the right choice. Lieber has gone off the boil a little bit recently and Geerts has been improving. They'll be in the hunt for a podium. They always are

|

8/7/2018 7:06 AM

Team France will be announced tomorrow.

|

8/7/2018 7:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/10/2018 3:06 AM

Here the list of the countries who competed last year at Matterley Basin, with the selected riders (as known so far).

Team France
1 Gautier Paulin (Husqvarna)
2 Dylan Ferrandis (Yamaha)
3 Romain Febvre (Yamaha)

Team The Netherlands
4 Jeffrey Herlings (KTM)
5 Calvin Vlaanderen (Honda)
6 Glenn Coldenhoff (KTM)

Team Great Britain
7 Tommy Searle (Kawasaki)
8 Ben Watson (Yamaha)
9 Max Anstie (Husqvarna)

Team Belgium
10 Clément Desalle (Kawasaki)
11 Jago Geerts (Yamaha)
12 Jeremy Van Horebeek (Yamaha)

Team Switzerland
13 Jeremy Seewer (Yamaha)
14 Valentin Guillod (KTM)
15 Arnaud Tonus (Yamaha)

Team Australia
16 Kirk Gibbs (KTM)
17 Hunter Lawrence (Honda)
18 Mitchell Evans (Yamaha)

Team Italy
19 Antonio Cairoli (KTM)
20 Michele Cervellin (Yamaha)
21 Alessandro Lupino (Kawasaki)

Team Estonia
22 Tanel Leok (Husqvarna)
23 Hardi Roosiorg (KTM)
24 Harri Kullas (Husqvarna)

Team USA
25 Eli Tomac (Kawasaki)
26 Aaron Plessinger (Yamaha)
27 Justin Barcia (Yamaha)

Team Sweden
28 Filip Bengtsson (Yamaha)
29 Alvin Östlund (Yamaha)
30 Anton Gole (Yamaha)

Team Canada
37 Colton Facciotti (Honda)
38 Jess Pettis (Yamaha)
39 Kaven Benoit (KTM)

Team Russia

Team Republic of Ireland
43 Graeme Irwin (KTM)
44 Martin Barr (Husqvarna)
45 Richard Bird (KTM)

Team Portugal

Team Puerto Rico
49 Ronnie Mac
50 Ryan Sipes
51 Travis Pastrana

Team Spain
52 José Butrón (KTM)
53 Jorge Prado (KTM)
54 Carlos Campano (Yamaha)

Team Germany
58 Ken Roczen (Honda)
59 Henry Jacobi (Husqvarna)
60 Maximilian Nagl (TM)

Team New Zealand
61 Cody Cooper (Honda)
62 Hamish Harwood (KTM)
63 Rhys Carter (Kawasaki)

Team Czech Republic
64 Václav Kovář (GasGas)
65 Martin Krč (KTM)
66 Martin Michek (KTM)

Team Brazil
67 Gustavo Pessoa (Kawasaki)
68 Enzo Lopes (Suzuki)
69 Fabio Santos (Yamaha)

Team Republic of South Africa
76 Michael Docherty (Husqvarna)
77 Bradley Lionnet (Kawasaki)
78 Caleb Tennant (Husqvarna)

Team Ukraine

Team Iceland
85 Ingvi Björn Birgisson
86 Andri Snær Guðmundsson
87 Einar Sigurðsson

Team Argentina

Team Greece

Team Lithuania

Team Venezuela
Lorenzo Locurcio (Honda)
Anthony Rodríguez (Yamaha)
Carlos Badiali (Yamaha)

Team Mexico
Julio César Zambrano (Husqvarna)
Tre Fierro (KTM)
Félix Lopez Guttiérez (KTM)

Team Japan
Toshiki Tomita (Honda)
Taiga Koga (Honda)
Yuki Yokoyama (Kawasaki)

|

8/7/2018 7:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/7/2018 7:36 AM

OP, can you copy/paste the list above in your first post and fill it out as more teams are announced?

Would also be a great idea to edit the thread title to 2018 MXdN Teams or something along those lines.

Easier to see it on page one than coming to page 3 all the time.

Thanks.

|

8/7/2018 4:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/7/2018 4:53 PM

DeStouwer wrote:

Please take it with a grain of salt, but just for information, an article yesterday on motoverte questioned if Musquin would be part of Team France due to the AMA Calendar vs the MXGP one, need a time off after a long season/so questioning the motivation, etc

https://moto-station.com/moto-verte/mx-sx/mxdn-lequipe-de-france-sans-marvin-musquin/399162

I wonder if they may have more info than what they can share. By even questioning if Musquin would be part of it makes me and quite a lot of french people think that they may already know the team will be: Paulin, Ferrandis, Febvre.

In the other hand Paulin is doing great but not greater than Herlings/Cairoli/Desalle/Gajser/Febvre, but usually overperforms in that event, never declined the selection and is the captain since 9 years. Apparently Paulin is also not secured for a ride in 2019 (I thought he was still under contrat until 2019 with Husky) so it is sure he will ride at 100% to help to sign a deserved contract.

On a side note: you all know I really like Ferrandis, but although it is a "out of the box" idea, actually I think the strongest team may be Paulin, Musquin, Febvre, as Musquin managed to score only 7 points over 2 motos the last time he was on the 250, and he improved a lot since 2015. He can also use "Osborne" engine, which may be even a little better than the also very powerful yam engine.

Anyway we will know tomorrow !

|

8/7/2018 5:06 PM

DeStouwer wrote:

Here the list of the countries who competed last year at Matterley Basin, with the selected riders (as known so far).

Team ...more

Dylan Walsh will be on 62, not sure who will ride MX1 and MX3 between Coops and Carter, but i would put Coops MX1 for now,

|

8/7/2018 8:55 PM

Question wrote:

Please take it with a grain of salt, but just for information, an article yesterday on motoverte questioned if Musquin would ...more

I always thought Musquin wanted the chance to ride for France in prior years where he had not gotten picked, and was upset he was not chosen? Now it is a more "local" event and there is a question about his motivation to race? Seems odd to me... I figured he would be there for sure if picked, and France would be insane to not pick him. He is clearly their best ride right now IMO

|

8/8/2018 3:20 AM

France:

MX1: Paulin
MX2: Ferrandis
Open: Febvre

|

8/8/2018 3:53 AM

Question wrote:

Please take it with a grain of salt, but just for information, an article yesterday on motoverte questioned if Musquin would ...more

looks like you called it already and were right ...
unreal but true , i quess thats also the end of Marvins career for France at MXON in future

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

8/8/2018 3:55 AM

is there any word about Cairoli racing MXON this year ?

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

8/8/2018 4:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/8/2018 4:07 AM

DeStouwer wrote:

Question wrote:

RichardLoots wrote:

looks like you called it already and were right ...
unreal but true , i quess thats also the end of Marvins career for France ...more

Yup, thanks ! It is not the prediction I was hoping for smile

I still think Musquin could have score 7 points on the 250 (quite similar to his expected score on a 450 with Herlings and Tomac actually) so that puts lots of pressure on Ferrandis, mainly on his starts as the speed is there, if team france really goes for the win.

|

8/8/2018 4:27 AM

RichardLoots wrote:

is there any word about Cairoli racing MXON this year ?

I think he will be there. He seems to make an effort for the events in the US. He came back especially for the USGP in '15 even though he was nowhere near fit. Italy should have a pretty strong team this year too

|

8/8/2018 4:37 AM

South Africa haven’t selected Vlaanderen because of a conflict so I’m 95% sure he’ll ride for NL.

|

8/8/2018 4:55 AM

Aryen wrote:

South Africa haven’t selected Vlaanderen because of a conflict so I’m 95% sure he’ll ride for NL.

yeah Calvin racing for team Orange looks like a done deal ...

|

8/8/2018 4:57 AM

Aryen wrote:

RichardLoots wrote:

yeah Calvin racing for team Orange looks like a done deal ...

Vlaanderen has never been selected for South Africa before, so I don't know why they should select him now. Great opportunity for the Dutch team, but sour grapes for guys like Pootjes or Vaessen.

|