MX gear in Vietnam

cole_111
Late next month I am going to Vietnam. Does anyone know if I can buy any gear there? Wandering if there’s any copy’s of jerseys, pants, goggles, gloves etc. if you do know where I can get some please reply! thanks!Silly
|
tvo314
5/18/2019 4:48am
I doubt it. I lived there for a few years and never came across anything in shops. Most things moto related were imported and much more expensive. But, I wasn't riding at the time, so wasn't actively looking either, so I could be wrong. I highly reccomend renting a bike in Hanoi and riding the Ha Giang loop. Such an amazing experience. Let me know if you have any questions.
cole_111
5/18/2019 5:23am
tvo314 wrote:
I doubt it. I lived there for a few years and never came across anything in shops. Most things moto related were imported and much more...
I doubt it. I lived there for a few years and never came across anything in shops. Most things moto related were imported and much more expensive. But, I wasn't riding at the time, so wasn't actively looking either, so I could be wrong. I highly reccomend renting a bike in Hanoi and riding the Ha Giang loop. Such an amazing experience. Let me know if you have any questions.
Ok thanks. I think there may be more know as some brands like fox are manufactured in Vietnam. Thanks for the reply
busaunit
5/18/2019 6:27am
Like tvo said. Getting riding gear is just luck. I did came across a few things but it would just be sample sizes .there are shops around in d1.chec out the bike markets in d5 china town. They sit under two abandoned unit blocks.(color pink from memory).once you see it you will now. Zero English out there.
We got our boots and gear from the paddock in Thailand. (They have great sales). I was in HCMC. Not sure about other parts. Get a bike and explore.its the only way.

But other then MX stuff. You can find everything else. Good hunting.
cole_111
5/20/2019 3:32am
busaunit wrote:
Like tvo said. Getting riding gear is just luck. I did came across a few things but it would just be sample sizes .there are shops...
Like tvo said. Getting riding gear is just luck. I did came across a few things but it would just be sample sizes .there are shops around in d1.chec out the bike markets in d5 china town. They sit under two abandoned unit blocks.(color pink from memory).once you see it you will now. Zero English out there.
We got our boots and gear from the paddock in Thailand. (They have great sales). I was in HCMC. Not sure about other parts. Get a bike and explore.its the only way.

But other then MX stuff. You can find everything else. Good hunting.
Thanks mate, hopefully I can try find them when I’m there.

The Shop

RexEasely
5/21/2019 8:39pm
tvo314 wrote:
I doubt it. I lived there for a few years and never came across anything in shops. Most things moto related were imported and much more...
That loop looks amazing. Beautiful country. Bucket list ride there.

Post a reply to: MX gear in Vietnam

The Latest