MX VS ATV SUPERCROSS

JW381
10/27/2014 5:52pm
I gotta say, this is the first time I'll be passing on an MVA game. I've owned MCM, MCM2, ATV Offroad Fury 1 & 2, MX Unleashed, MVA Unleashed, MVA Untamed, MVA Reflex, and MVA Alive. I don't think I'm missing any, I even had the SX game for iPod/iPhone. This game just doesn't look up to par. I'm not asking for perfection, but I would like to spend my money on something with some actual playable value. I preferred Alive over Reflex without a doubt, but this just looks like some lost arcade mashup.
zehn
10/27/2014 5:55pm Edited Date/Time 10/27/2014 5:55pm
JW381 wrote:
I gotta say, this is the first time I'll be passing on an MVA game. I've owned MCM, MCM2, ATV Offroad Fury 1 & 2, MX...
I gotta say, this is the first time I'll be passing on an MVA game. I've owned MCM, MCM2, ATV Offroad Fury 1 & 2, MX Unleashed, MVA Unleashed, MVA Untamed, MVA Reflex, and MVA Alive. I don't think I'm missing any, I even had the SX game for iPod/iPhone. This game just doesn't look up to par. I'm not asking for perfection, but I would like to spend my money on something with some actual playable value. I preferred Alive over Reflex without a doubt, but this just looks like some lost arcade mashup.
Your loss.

JW381
10/27/2014 5:57pm
JW381 wrote:
I gotta say, this is the first time I'll be passing on an MVA game. I've owned MCM, MCM2, ATV Offroad Fury 1 & 2, MX...
zehn wrote:
Your loss.

We'll see. I just don't see myself having fun playing that game. Might pull the trigger on MXGP, I like a lot of what it looks to offer.
bobby397
10/27/2014 6:01pm
JW381 wrote:
We'll see. I just don't see myself having fun playing that game. Might pull the trigger on MXGP, I like a lot of what it looks...
We'll see. I just don't see myself having fun playing that game. Might pull the trigger on MXGP, I like a lot of what it looks to offer.
I'll be doing the same, so far I've heard it's alive but with the dlc they never released.

The Shop

JW381
10/27/2014 6:04pm
JW381 wrote:
We'll see. I just don't see myself having fun playing that game. Might pull the trigger on MXGP, I like a lot of what it looks...
bobby397 wrote:
I'll be doing the same, so far I've heard it's alive but with the dlc they never released.
Looks worse than Alive, to me. The speeds are way up and the cornering is fucky.
zehn
10/27/2014 6:07pm Edited Date/Time 10/27/2014 6:09pm
JW381 wrote:
zehn wrote:
Your loss.

JW381 wrote:
I guess I don't see why you would get zero enjoyment at all from it. I'm more than willing to look beyond some shortcomings that this game may have as long as it means the series can continue.

I will also be picking up MXGP, already preordered it. I'm not gonna be a fan of the precanned whips and scrubs though. That's pretty lame if you ask me.

And to bobby, this isn't just the Alive SX DLC that we never got. I'm not sure why anybody believes that.
bobby397
10/27/2014 6:08pm Edited Date/Time 10/27/2014 6:09pm
Should had taking reflex and designed all new tracks, Do they have oem bikesin the new game?
-espionage-
Fantasy
1199th
10/27/2014 6:10pm
I'm assuming this game is following in Alive's footsteps with DLC since it only cost $30 initially? I heard that they have 60 or so industry company's supporting it but I haven't heard anything about future DLC. Will we see 2014/15 gear or official bike manufactures?
ky_savage
Fantasy
500th
I'll be listening to everyone's feedback and then decide. A friend plans to get it so I'll check with him also.
zehn
bobby397 wrote:
Should had taking reflex and designed all new tracks, Do they have oem bikesin the new game?
I would guess not, but in Alive they were offered as DLC if I remember correctly, so they might do the same for this game.
MX45
10/27/2014 6:14pm
I'm assuming this game is following in Alive's footsteps with DLC since it only cost $30 initially? I heard that they have 60 or so industry...
I'm assuming this game is following in Alive's footsteps with DLC since it only cost $30 initially? I heard that they have 60 or so industry company's supporting it but I haven't heard anything about future DLC. Will we see 2014/15 gear or official bike manufactures?
Yes.
JW381
10/27/2014 6:24pm
bobby397 wrote:
I disagree. Reflex was riddled with problems that made it unplayable. The weight and speed/scale in Alive were 100x better. That's why I'm bummed to see 60mph sweepers and 150ft triple jumps in this MVA Supercross.
Seb24
10/27/2014 6:27pm
what time will the game be available EST on xbox live??
zehn
10/27/2014 6:28pm
Seb24 wrote:
what time will the game be available EST on xbox live??
He said midnight PST which would be 3AM EST
Motodave15
10/27/2014 6:33pm
JW381 wrote:
Looks worse than Alive, to me. The speeds are way up and the cornering is fucky.
GrinningGrinningGrinningGrinning Fucky bahahhahaha great use of words
JW381
10/27/2014 6:34pm
JW381 wrote:
Motodave15 wrote:
GrinningGrinningGrinningGrinning Fucky bahahhahaha great use of words
Laughing
MX45
10/27/2014 6:45pm
bobby397 wrote:
Definitely not the DLC from Alive. All new tracks. The Alive DLC tracks were all mini arenacrosses.
SEE ARE125
10/27/2014 6:50pm
I loved the SX on Alive, just wish they were longer than 30 seconds. The speed/scale and everything really made it fun. Tuff blocks were still a PITA, though. I'm pumped to play it tomorrow night.
JW381
10/27/2014 7:07pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
I loved the SX on Alive, just wish they were longer than 30 seconds. The speed/scale and everything really made it fun. Tuff blocks were still...
I loved the SX on Alive, just wish they were longer than 30 seconds. The speed/scale and everything really made it fun. Tuff blocks were still a PITA, though. I'm pumped to play it tomorrow night.
SX in Alive was awesome! (I'm only talking about the Stewart tracks)
SEE ARE125
10/27/2014 7:22pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
I loved the SX on Alive, just wish they were longer than 30 seconds. The speed/scale and everything really made it fun. Tuff blocks were still...
JW381 wrote:
SX in Alive was awesome! (I'm only talking about the Stewart tracks)
Yeah the Stewart tracks, especially the red dirt one, were fun as hell. We held SX races on them. Had a room full of guys, 2 guys sitting on the tabletop by the start gate giving a play-by-play of the action. It was fun and funny as hell with some of the shit the announcers would say.
Crash82
Fantasy
1986th
10/27/2014 7:24pm Edited Date/Time 10/27/2014 7:31pm
MX45 wrote:
Walmart, Gamestop and Best Buy are your best options to buy it in stores. Target came to the party late and will not start stocking the...
Walmart, Gamestop and Best Buy are your best options to buy it in stores. Target came to the party late and will not start stocking the game until later (December, I think).

You will be able to purchase and download the game through Xbox Live or Playstation Network as of Midnight tonight (PST).

To touch on a few other comments, whips/scrubs are different from Reflex and Alive in that they do not "auto-correct". It is on the player to bring the whip/scrub back. Much like real life, try taking baby steps at first. It'll come around (no pun intended)

Whips are broken out into 3 axis. Roll, Pitch, and Yaw.
The right thumbstick controls Roll and Pitch. The left thumbstick controls Yaw.
You also have the gas and brake gyro as a tool to help manipulate the bike in air.

rmzrider91, sorry about the change to the controller presets where we removed the clutch from the throttle side. You are litterally the first person I've heard who played that way. So the choice was made to ditch it in favor of adding other presets and manual shifting.

Thank you all for the support of the series. See you online!
Target is saying folks will get it within one to five days, not disagreeing with you but I preordered it with Target because I have a card card there, just wondering if I will have to wait until December for sure? I guess I need to cancel if I have to wait until December? Thanks for putting some actual facts in this thread!

Maybe they won't have it at stores until December? Maybe since I ordered online they will ship it?
kawirider819
10/27/2014 7:42pm
I cringe everytime I see game play footage and the guy "preloads". Might as well be a rocket boost in my eyes but hey maybe they weren't able to take it out of the physics engine.
MX45
10/27/2014 8:16pm
Crash82 wrote:
Target is saying folks will get it within one to five days, not disagreeing with you but I preordered it with Target because I have a...
Target is saying folks will get it within one to five days, not disagreeing with you but I preordered it with Target because I have a card card there, just wondering if I will have to wait until December for sure? I guess I need to cancel if I have to wait until December? Thanks for putting some actual facts in this thread!

Maybe they won't have it at stores until December? Maybe since I ordered online they will ship it?
Well I have been wrong before. I'll check tomorrow for you, Crash.
Either way, I would bet that because you put in a custom order with them you will get your copy when they say.
10/27/2014 8:41pm
Some of you that haven't played it and are making assumptions via videos etc. are way off base. The main false comment. "Alive's DLC". The game does not feel like Alive at all. Slower pace. Corners can do some sliding. There is something wrong if you can't make some fun from this game.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
10/27/2014 8:48pm
Some of you that haven't played it and are making assumptions via videos etc. are way off base. The main false comment. "Alive's DLC". The game...
Some of you that haven't played it and are making assumptions via videos etc. are way off base. The main false comment. "Alive's DLC". The game does not feel like Alive at all. Slower pace. Corners can do some sliding. There is something wrong if you can't make some fun from this game.
I am hanging for it to arrive Benchracer, does not look like I am going to have it today, still a couple of hours before I will give up and renew my hope for delivery tomorrow Smile
bns99121
Fantasy
1128th
10/27/2014 9:16pm
Seb24 wrote:
scooterB wrote:
1 word for this mess

Awkward
Agreed. I have been looking forward to this game all year and I am considering not buying it now. That video was hard to watch. The rider is too big for the bike and he always look awkward. The turning and whips are atrocious. I just don't understand how they could release something that looks so bad. Even the rhythm sections look terrible because the rider goes so high it is impossible to judge where he is going to land.
10/27/2014 9:16pm
I can not wait to get this. I just dont get the hate towards the game. It may not be a simulator or have the best physics but it is a hell of a lot better than the alternative of no one making an MX game.
zehn
10/27/2014 9:21pm
bns99121 wrote:
Agreed. I have been looking forward to this game all year and I am considering not buying it now. That video was hard to watch. The...
Agreed. I have been looking forward to this game all year and I am considering not buying it now. That video was hard to watch. The rider is too big for the bike and he always look awkward. The turning and whips are atrocious. I just don't understand how they could release something that looks so bad. Even the rhythm sections look terrible because the rider goes so high it is impossible to judge where he is going to land.
That's exactly what people looked like the first time they played Alive.

Post a reply to: MX VS ATV SUPERCROSS

The Latest