zehn
10/26/2014 4:39pm
672_Seth wrote:
2 words only need to be said here...........MX Simulator
zehn wrote:
Get out
MotoMo165 wrote:
Funny cause it's so true WoohooLaughing
This thread is about MX vs. ATV Supercross, not MX Simulator. You MX Sim goons always try and derail these threads for reasons I can't understand beyond pure stupidity.
rmzrider91
10/26/2014 4:44pm
I just picked the game up. Called around to a few places, Best buy said it was in-stock but when I got there they said it wasn't released until Tuesday so they couldn't sell it. So next I went to meijer and they had it on the shelf already. Back of game had a bar-code saying hold tell 10/28 so I just went to the self checkout and scanned the games bar code. So anyways putting game in now to try er out.
zehn
10/26/2014 4:46pm Edited Date/Time 10/26/2014 4:54pm
rmzrider91 wrote:
I just picked the game up. Called around to a few places, Best buy said it was in-stock but when I got there they said it...
I just picked the game up. Called around to a few places, Best buy said it was in-stock but when I got there they said it wasn't released until Tuesday so they couldn't sell it. So next I went to meijer and they had it on the shelf already. Back of game had a bar-code saying hold tell 10/28 so I just went to the self checkout and scanned the games bar code. So anyways putting game in now to try er out.
Sweet, let us know how it goes. I'm guessing they kept the leveling system like they had in Alive? If so, it's hard to form a full judgement of the game until you reach level 50.
rmzrider91
10/26/2014 5:07pm
Haven't even played the game yet. Went into options to change the controller preset, and wasn't happy. I played the Reflex demo way to much and the controller wasn't changeable on the demo so got used to the clutch being on the throttle side. Ever since then that's how I've played both Reflex and Alive. On supercross its only on the brake side.. Ill get used to it just a little disappointed that it cant be customized.

The Shop

zehn
10/26/2014 5:09pm
rmzrider91 wrote:
Haven't even played the game yet. Went into options to change the controller preset, and wasn't happy. I played the Reflex demo way to much and...
Haven't even played the game yet. Went into options to change the controller preset, and wasn't happy. I played the Reflex demo way to much and the controller wasn't changeable on the demo so got used to the clutch being on the throttle side. Ever since then that's how I've played both Reflex and Alive. On supercross its only on the brake side.. Ill get used to it just a little disappointed that it cant be customized.
Middle finger on the brake, index on the clutch. You'll get used to it. I never used the clutch in Reflex though so I never had to relearn to use it on the left side.
SEE ARE125
10/26/2014 5:13pm
I'm assuming by brake side you mean the left side? Not sure if you're on XBOX and if XBOX is different than on PS3. I think you'll like it better on the brake side once you get accustomed to it. No way I could use it on the throttle side. It's hard to accelerate out of a corner and dab the clutch for a little boost with both on the same side. Plus having the clutch on the left side feels more natural to me because that's where it is on a real bike. Interested to hear your first impression on the game.
SEE ARE125
10/26/2014 5:14pm
zehn wrote:
Middle finger on the brake, index on the clutch. You'll get used to it. I never used the clutch in Reflex though so I never had...
Middle finger on the brake, index on the clutch. You'll get used to it. I never used the clutch in Reflex though so I never had to relearn to use it on the left side.
+1 that's how I do it, too.
rmzrider91
10/26/2014 5:28pm
zehn wrote:
Middle finger on the brake, index on the clutch. You'll get used to it. I never used the clutch in Reflex though so I never had...
SEE ARE125 wrote:
+1 that's how I do it, too.
I do that except opposite on the clutch side. I've played the first 3 tracks so far, and I haven't touched the brake more then 3 times if that tells you anything. Cant say much about game yet, I have the difficulty on Pro right now and haven't got better then 8th. I feel like there bikes are leveled up because they are hitting the triples and quads that I cant. I would call myself a very good player on both Reflex and Alive. So im just itching to get on a modded bike.. better play somemore!
rmzrider91
10/26/2014 9:44pm
Got my bike fully upgraded and have played all but the last track. Once you unlock the "factory" chassis the physics just get really weird. The controls are almost to touchy. You can go from a straight like to darting sideways in no time at all.
zehn
10/27/2014 10:04am
rmzrider91 wrote:
Got my bike fully upgraded and have played all but the last track. Once you unlock the "factory" chassis the physics just get really weird. The...
Got my bike fully upgraded and have played all but the last track. Once you unlock the "factory" chassis the physics just get really weird. The controls are almost to touchy. You can go from a straight like to darting sideways in no time at all.
Is there a way to turn down the sensitivity of the turning? In Reflex you could change how sensitive the bike is to turning.
Skippie
10/27/2014 2:31pm
But the most important question of all, can you throw some sick whips and scrubs?
10/27/2014 2:43pm
Cliffy615 wrote:
no noticable improvements over previous games apart from the following couple of points: couple of improvements i have seen that bikes bog a little out the...
no noticable improvements over previous games apart from the following couple of points:
couple of improvements i have seen that bikes bog a little out the corners especially on the 125 and a dab of the clutch is needed to regain speed which is cool, the only other improvement that they have changed is that you can battle with other riders without taping them and falling straight off.

Negatives: The general gameplay, handing, poor whips/scubs, no story to the career, short game, basic menus, from stand still releasing the clutch is like having NOS, they have bought back in the preload, but instead of it being a realistic seat bounce it's more like a pogo stick, it's very arcade like and hasn't progressed in anyway forward from a game that was released 5 years ago, if you don't finish 1st you don't get to finish the race it just stops when the leader has won, i was lined up next to Roczen who was wearing rainbow gear rather than fox lol.

Having played MXGP, other than the actual handing of the bike which is obviously very important they've got the rest of the game basically spot on, the gameplay also being better than SX, so to see where mx gaming can be.. As i said it was a disappointment.. Sorry if i've annoyed anyone who hasn't played it yet, just wanted to give my opinion and a heads up about what i thought, i'm sure many people will still enjoy it, i didn't not enjoy it. I was just dissapointed that i thought it would have progressed from reflex not gone backwards.
You hit the nail on the head in your first 2 paragraphs except for the part about not being able to finish the race. Maybe they changed it along the way but the version of the game that I've been playing still lets you finish the race regardless of the position you are in.

The thing I thought was interesting is that you can change the difficulty of the race during the career. One race can be easy and the next can be set to the hardest. I thought that was a little weird.

I'm aware that it is a SX only game and I think that's a bummer. SX is obviously much more technical than MX and consequently my 5 year old son doesn't like playing the game because it's too hard even when it's on the easiest setting. Whenever he wants to play we have to put Alive back in. Most people won't have this problem but I'm just throwing it out there.
tobz
10/27/2014 3:16pm
It's out in aus, sold my ps3 and bought a ps4 at the start of the year. Oh well.
Cliffy615
Fantasy
2903rd
10/27/2014 4:43pm
Skippie wrote:
But the most important question of all, can you throw some sick whips and scrubs?
Unfortunately not, this was the biggest disappointment of all to me! When watching gameplay vids before I got the game I was thinking, why aren't people throwing it sideways, the simple and sad answer is you basically can't Sad when you do get a scrub or whip, you under jump and can't get it back.
zehn
10/27/2014 4:45pm
Skippie wrote:
Cliffy615 wrote:
Unfortunately not, this was the biggest disappointment of all to me! When watching gameplay vids before I got the game I was thinking, why aren't people...
Unfortunately not, this was the biggest disappointment of all to me! When watching gameplay vids before I got the game I was thinking, why aren't people throwing it sideways, the simple and sad answer is you basically can't Sad when you do get a scrub or whip, you under jump and can't get it back.
Have you unlocked all the trick parts? Also, are there perks like in Alive?
rmzrider91
10/27/2014 4:51pm
Skippie wrote:
Cliffy615 wrote:
Unfortunately not, this was the biggest disappointment of all to me! When watching gameplay vids before I got the game I was thinking, why aren't people...
zehn wrote:
There is a reason none of the videos showed sick whips. Like said above cant be done. Throw it sideways and it just stays, and is very hard to come back. I have bikes fully upgraded and is still the same. There aren't any perks either
10/27/2014 4:51pm
Well I got mine yesterday in Australia. I read all the bad comments and really got ready for a bad game. When Alive came out and I had completed it all, I wrote 2 scalding emails to THQ on their destruction of the game. A coupe weeks later I liked the game a lot more, but no matter what it was not an improvement from Reflex.

I have not had to use the clutch in previous games, however right away found the clutch to be vital and quit easy to use. I started the game on the generic presets of easy and first race playing the game won by 40secs and lapped some people. Am I an elite gamer? No. The AI is just a little lacking on the lower difficulties. My 6 y/o has not finished off the podium and 8 y/o has only lost 1 race. Looking forward to cranking the difficulty up tonight.

There are some really cool things to this game. Cornering is a little more technical. Multiple fast rhythms. Some straights have 3 - 4 options, all very close in speed. Like I mentioned there are both some positive and negatives to the new game.

The negative that is going to bother me most is the near impossibility of crashing. When racing your buddies in past games you have to decide if you should huck the big quad (coming up short resulting in a crash and a loss of time) or take the conservative more consistent line. In this game you just huck, case, drop clutch preload and you have lost almost no time. The only real way to crash is coming up short with the front wheel to low.

I know this will lead to closer racing with friends. But I like to separate via skill. If I wanted a form of catch up, I would play Mario kart.

Lastly - Buy the game. You will enjoy it, even if it isn't long term. But this could help save the best moto franchise of all time. If they get enough sales in this game, than we know the next one will have lots more time and money put into it and it will be that perfect moto game we are seeking Tongue
Cliffy615
Fantasy
2903rd
10/27/2014 4:53pm
Skippie wrote:
Cliffy615 wrote:
zehn wrote:
Yes I've completed the game and unlocked all the factory sus/chassis exhaust etc for the Nordic 125, 250f and 450. No 250 smokes either Sad , there is a slight improvment with all the upgrades but not much, I can't comment on comparison with alive, my best mate had Alive which I played at his for about 10 races but wasn't that much of a fan so I never bothered to purchase it.
zehn
10/27/2014 4:59pm
Cliffy615 wrote:
zehn wrote:
rmzrider91 wrote:
There is a reason none of the videos showed sick whips. Like said above cant be done. Throw it sideways and it just stays, and is...
There is a reason none of the videos showed sick whips. Like said above cant be done. Throw it sideways and it just stays, and is very hard to come back. I have bikes fully upgraded and is still the same. There aren't any perks either
Damn Sad

Why wouldn't they let you do whips and scrubs? That's like half the fun of all of it.
rmzrider91
10/27/2014 5:06pm
rmzrider91 wrote:
Got my bike fully upgraded and have played all but the last track. Once you unlock the "factory" chassis the physics just get really weird. The...
zehn wrote:
Is there a way to turn down the sensitivity of the turning? In Reflex you could change how sensitive the bike is to turning.
I will take a look. It seems almost random tho. I will be going then it will just go one way or the other. Never had this problem before so I dont know whats causing it yet
10/27/2014 5:21pm
"In this game you just huck, case, drop clutch preload and you have lost almost no time. The only real way to crash is coming up short with the front wheel to low".

Do you lose less than 1.4 seconds when you case? James Stewart cased the quad in Seattle and lost only 1.4 seconds from his previous lap. Of course he was on roids, so...

https://youtu.be/Ua7u2Ib3gOY
Grieby54
10/27/2014 5:26pm
I've gone to Walmart, Target, and Game Stock. None of them are even going to stock it.
zehn
10/27/2014 5:27pm
Grieby54 wrote:
I've gone to Walmart, Target, and Game Stock. None of them are even going to stock it.
Best Buy has it
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
10/27/2014 5:28pm
Waiting for the postman to arrive, then BAM, write of the next couple of days Smile

Are the online servers up and running for this game, can we race online straight away, that is all I really care about.

These guys could have given me Reflex with 17 new tracks updated bike graphics and riding gear, the new championship formats and a option to race a full 17 round championship or shortened championship on line and I would have been happy.

Lets hope this all works out and we can have a all new game in 2016 with every AMA rider and team included, SX, MX and GNCC tracks included.
MX45
10/27/2014 5:39pm Edited Date/Time 10/27/2014 5:45pm
Walmart, Gamestop and Best Buy are your best options to buy it in stores. Target came to the party late and will not start stocking the game until later (December, I think).

You will be able to purchase and download the game through Xbox Live or Playstation Network as of Midnight tonight (PST).

To touch on a few other comments, whips/scrubs are different from Reflex and Alive in that they do not "auto-correct". It is on the player to bring the whip/scrub back. Much like real life, try taking baby steps at first. It'll come around (no pun intended)

Whips are broken out into 3 axis. Roll, Pitch, and Yaw.
The right thumbstick controls Roll and Pitch. The left thumbstick controls Yaw.
You also have the gas and brake gyro as a tool to help manipulate the bike in air.

rmzrider91, sorry about the change to the controller presets where we removed the clutch from the throttle side. You are litterally the first person I've heard who played that way. So the choice was made to ditch it in favor of adding other presets and manual shifting.

Thank you all for the support of the series. See you online!
redslush
10/27/2014 5:40pm Edited Date/Time 10/27/2014 6:00pm
EDIT: Nevermind. MX45 answered question before I hit post.
zehn
10/27/2014 5:48pm Edited Date/Time 10/27/2014 5:49pm
MX45 wrote:
Walmart, Gamestop and Best Buy are your best options to buy it in stores. Target came to the party late and will not start stocking the...
Walmart, Gamestop and Best Buy are your best options to buy it in stores. Target came to the party late and will not start stocking the game until later (December, I think).

You will be able to purchase and download the game through Xbox Live or Playstation Network as of Midnight tonight (PST).

To touch on a few other comments, whips/scrubs are different from Reflex and Alive in that they do not "auto-correct". It is on the player to bring the whip/scrub back. Much like real life, try taking baby steps at first. It'll come around (no pun intended)

Whips are broken out into 3 axis. Roll, Pitch, and Yaw.
The right thumbstick controls Roll and Pitch. The left thumbstick controls Yaw.
You also have the gas and brake gyro as a tool to help manipulate the bike in air.

rmzrider91, sorry about the change to the controller presets where we removed the clutch from the throttle side. You are litterally the first person I've heard who played that way. So the choice was made to ditch it in favor of adding other presets and manual shifting.

Thank you all for the support of the series. See you online!
Thanks a bunch for responding to this thread. Any idea how large the download will be if we buy it off XBox Live?

Also, it sounds like you've figured out how to do big whips?
SPYGUY
Fantasy
748th
10/27/2014 5:48pm
For whatever reason, the Rainbow / Former Rainbow guys can't seem to get it together and actually make any vast improvements.

The MXGP "series" improved more in two years (their first MX game was called Mud) than the MX vs ATV series has in the last ten. I just hope they keep producing games.

MX45
10/27/2014 5:52pm
zehn wrote:
Thanks a bunch for responding to this thread. Any idea how large the download will be if we buy it off XBox Live? Also, it sounds...
Thanks a bunch for responding to this thread. Any idea how large the download will be if we buy it off XBox Live?

Also, it sounds like you've figured out how to do big whips?
I think around 2.5 GB for the download.
And yes, I can throw out sick whips and scrubs. Smile

Post a reply to: MX VS ATV SUPERCROSS

The Latest