MX Tech discount code

Tuna
Do they do a discount code like Racetech and others?
Thinking about trying the Lucky Kit out.
|
10/31/2020 12:38pm Edited Date/Time 10/31/2020 12:39pm
Call him. Have an actual human conversation. Then try to do the same with a RaceTech tech. Your choice will be easy.
Toddler125
10/31/2020 1:13pm
Tuna wrote:
What bike are you thinking about doing the Lucky kit on?
Tuna
10/31/2020 2:50pm
Call him. Have an actual human conversation. Then try to do the same with a RaceTech tech. Your choice will be easy.
I don’t want anything from Racetech so why would I call them.
yzf162
10/31/2020 2:51pm
Give them a call. Talk to jeremy, great guy to talk to, tons of knowledge. It's like talking to Ross over at enzo. I have a lucky kit on my 03 kx125 after dialing in the sag and clickers it felt like riding on a ktm125 i rode with cone valves on it. Reacted very similar. Super predictable, i always know exactly what the forks are going to do. Pretty hard to bottom them hard with the huck valve. Uncle has a 18 450sx with them huge improvement over the aer.

The Shop

Tuna
10/31/2020 2:52pm
Tuna wrote:
Toddler125 wrote:
21 TX300
Tuna
10/31/2020 3:01pm
yzf162 wrote:
Give them a call. Talk to jeremy, great guy to talk to, tons of knowledge. It's like talking to Ross over at enzo. I have a...
Give them a call. Talk to jeremy, great guy to talk to, tons of knowledge. It's like talking to Ross over at enzo. I have a lucky kit on my 03 kx125 after dialing in the sag and clickers it felt like riding on a ktm125 i rode with cone valves on it. Reacted very similar. Super predictable, i always know exactly what the forks are going to do. Pretty hard to bottom them hard with the huck valve. Uncle has a 18 450sx with them huge improvement over the aer.
Thanks. I don’t really need much more info on the kit. I’ve researched it pretty well. Just looking at options. I’m In Canada so it becomes a fairly expensive part by the time I pay exchange, tax, shipping and customs fees. Most likely at least $1500. I can get a set of Ohlins Carts for $2k CDN.
I guess it must be taboo to ask a simple question if a vendor offers a discount code judging by the downvotes. Pulp MX codes had me spend cash with vendors I would not normally many times.
10/31/2020 3:17pm
Sorry I am not aware of any discount codes for MX Tech but I'm wondering your thoughts on the overall performance of the '21 AERs? Considering all the updates they received this year and the early reviews seem quite positive, I was hoping the performance improvements were substantial enough not to need these conversions. I'm in the market for '21 FC250 but I'm hesitant as the forks on my '18 250SXF were less than ideal.
Tuna
10/31/2020 3:20pm
Sorry I am not aware of any discount codes for MX Tech but I'm wondering your thoughts on the overall performance of the '21 AERs? Considering...
Sorry I am not aware of any discount codes for MX Tech but I'm wondering your thoughts on the overall performance of the '21 AERs? Considering all the updates they received this year and the early reviews seem quite positive, I was hoping the performance improvements were substantial enough not to need these conversions. I'm in the market for '21 FC250 but I'm hesitant as the forks on my '18 250SXF were less than ideal.
I’d love to give you a good review but my bike is at the dealer to test the air side fork for a bad cartridge. It’s been like that since new. I had high hopes the 21 was much better and it’s the reason I bought a 21 vs a 20. I found they were really harsh on anything square edge over an inch and a half. Played with pressures from 120 to 155.
10/31/2020 3:36pm
Sorry I am not aware of any discount codes for MX Tech but I'm wondering your thoughts on the overall performance of the '21 AERs? Considering...
Tuna wrote:
I’d love to give you a good review but my bike is at the dealer to test the air side fork for a bad cartridge. It’s...
I’d love to give you a good review but my bike is at the dealer to test the air side fork for a bad cartridge. It’s been like that since new. I had high hopes the 21 was much better and it’s the reason I bought a 21 vs a 20. I found they were really harsh on anything square edge over an inch and a half. Played with pressures from 120 to 155.
Same.

I ended on moving on from the bike due to the inconsistency and harshness over small chop. Sorry to hear about the failed cartridge. Would love to hear your feedback on the new forks when it's possible. Thanks.
yzf162
10/31/2020 3:43pm
If it makes the sale for you i might be able to get you 50-100 off of it.
Tuna
10/31/2020 4:14pm
yzf162 wrote:
If it makes the sale for you i might be able to get you 50-100 off of it.
Thanks, appreciate the offer if I end up going that route.
10/31/2020 4:30pm
Tuna wrote:
I have a 2021 350 SX-F. I just ordered a National shock and the Lucky Carbons. There is a wait list on the shock due to some parts on back order. But I believe they should be in or be in soon. There is also a couple weeks wait on the forks - built to order. With as busy as they are I doubt they are offering a discount but if you don’t ask you never know.

Personally, I think the 2021 forks and shock are really really good. But the forks do have a different feel and it sucks checking air pressure throughout the day.
omalley
11/1/2020 6:27am
I’m all for paying less, but what ever happened to establishing a rapport with a company, then EARNING a discount by virtue of being a loyal customer and promoting their products?

mxb2
11/1/2020 6:48am
omalley wrote:
I’m all for paying less, but what ever happened to establishing a rapport with a company, then EARNING a discount by virtue of being a loyal...
I’m all for paying less, but what ever happened to establishing a rapport with a company, then EARNING a discount by virtue of being a loyal customer and promoting their products?

Entitled society thinking. Totally agree with you , be a loyal customer then discounts will come.
Tuna
11/1/2020 9:30am
omalley wrote:
I’m all for paying less, but what ever happened to establishing a rapport with a company, then EARNING a discount by virtue of being a loyal...

mxb2 wrote:
Entitled society thinking. Totally agree with you , be a loyal customer then discounts will come.
I don’t think there is anything entitled about inquiring about a 10 to 15% discount, it’s pretty common in the industry and sometimes that’s all it takes to gain a new customer. I lost my job a couple months ago because of Covid so anything I can save as I explained above really helps. I make sure to promote any of my sponsors or supporters and do my best to promote their business. I have FXR athlete support and you’d be surprised how many gearsets I have sold to friends, fellow racers and my students. I’ve sold at least 5 of my tuners suspension kits to friends just from them riding my bike and connecting the dots for them.
It goes both ways, that’s good business.
Toddler125
11/1/2020 9:50am
Tuna wrote:
Toddler125 wrote:
Tuna wrote:
21 TX300
Tuna,

I did the MX Tech Lucky Carbon kit in my 2019 KTM 300XC. It was worth every cent I spent on it. It is like riding a totally different bike. All the little chop and garbage that used to either go straight through to my hands or make the front end deflect is gone. The forks now pick up the bumps that they never would before. I'm in Canada too but have a mailbox over in Detroit to drop ship all my stuff too. It helps keep the cost down a little not having to pay UPS or FedEx to do the customs paperwork. If you have any questions, let me know.
mxb2
11/1/2020 9:58am
omalley wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
Tuna wrote:
I don’t think there is anything entitled about inquiring about a 10 to 15% discount, it’s pretty common in the industry and sometimes that’s all it...
I don’t think there is anything entitled about inquiring about a 10 to 15% discount, it’s pretty common in the industry and sometimes that’s all it takes to gain a new customer. I lost my job a couple months ago because of Covid so anything I can save as I explained above really helps. I make sure to promote any of my sponsors or supporters and do my best to promote their business. I have FXR athlete support and you’d be surprised how many gearsets I have sold to friends, fellow racers and my students. I’ve sold at least 5 of my tuners suspension kits to friends just from them riding my bike and connecting the dots for them.
It goes both ways, that’s good business.
I wasnt pointing you out, read some social media. Alot of riders feel they entitled for discounts. For what. ,do a resume, be loyal and call them on the phone. But some dont want to do all that, just gimme, gimme. Same as the sx, mx, mxgp packsges wanting free streams. A phone call is a better look than. Going on random sites looking for discounts.
Tuna
11/1/2020 10:39am
Toddler125 wrote:
Tuna wrote:
21 TX300
Toddler125 wrote:
Tuna, I did the MX Tech Lucky Carbon kit in my 2019 KTM 300XC. It was worth every cent I spent on it. It is like...
Tuna,

I did the MX Tech Lucky Carbon kit in my 2019 KTM 300XC. It was worth every cent I spent on it. It is like riding a totally different bike. All the little chop and garbage that used to either go straight through to my hands or make the front end deflect is gone. The forks now pick up the bumps that they never would before. I'm in Canada too but have a mailbox over in Detroit to drop ship all my stuff too. It helps keep the cost down a little not having to pay UPS or FedEx to do the customs paperwork. If you have any questions, let me know.
Thanks for the feedback. I live in NB 45 min from the border and also have a box. Normally I’d be there every couple of weeks but unfortunately the border here is closed to non essential travel. Shipping to Canada from the US is nuts right now, it’s cheaper for me to buy stuff in Europe.
agn5009
11/1/2020 10:56am
Tuna, I dont have an answer for you. All I can say is I dont understand why people feel the need to be such dicks. Leave it to vital I suppose.
Hcallz5
11/1/2020 11:28am
Call and see if they do some sort of black friday deal, it never hurts to ask. Seems like MX Tech has gotten super popular lately, they're probably not hurting in the financial department.
Tuna
11/1/2020 11:41am
Hcallz5 wrote:
Call and see if they do some sort of black friday deal, it never hurts to ask. Seems like MX Tech has gotten super popular lately...
Call and see if they do some sort of black friday deal, it never hurts to ask. Seems like MX Tech has gotten super popular lately, they're probably not hurting in the financial department.
Yeah no doubt they don’t need to discount either versions of the Lucky Kit. They seem to be selling like hot cakes and often back ordered. I’m still waiting to see what SPI was planning on for kits. The KYB set up he did on my FX was as good as any Cone Valve or Ohlins set up I have ridden other than a factory Husky race bike. Waiting on his quote. Knowing Dave I could be waiting for a while😂🤦‍♂️
STLSharky
11/2/2020 7:35am
omalley wrote:

Millennials, participation trophies, cancel culture, riots in Portland etc...
yzf162
11/2/2020 10:50am
Hcallz5 wrote:
Call and see if they do some sort of black friday deal, it never hurts to ask. Seems like MX Tech has gotten super popular lately...
Tuna wrote:
Yeah no doubt they don’t need to discount either versions of the Lucky Kit. They seem to be selling like hot cakes and often back ordered...
Yeah no doubt they don’t need to discount either versions of the Lucky Kit. They seem to be selling like hot cakes and often back ordered. I’m still waiting to see what SPI was planning on for kits. The KYB set up he did on my FX was as good as any Cone Valve or Ohlins set up I have ridden other than a factory Husky race bike. Waiting on his quote. Knowing Dave I could be waiting for a while😂🤦‍♂️
Spi Dave j does good work but i think you will like the lucky set up better. I really liked spi with kyb suspension but could never get the small chatter and mid size breaking bumps tuned out with the showa's he did. Just my opinion.
TeamGreen
11/2/2020 3:40pm
Hcallz5 wrote:
Tuna wrote:
Yeah no doubt they don’t need to discount either versions of the Lucky Kit. They seem to be selling like hot cakes and often back ordered...
yzf162 wrote:
Spi Dave j does good work but i think you will like the lucky set up better. I really liked spi with kyb suspension but could...
Spi Dave j does good work but i think you will like the lucky set up better. I really liked spi with kyb suspension but could never get the small chatter and mid size breaking bumps tuned out with the showa's he did. Just my opinion.
After reading all of this and then riding on a set of CVs today?
I’d get the CVs and just be done.
Tuna
11/2/2020 3:56pm
Hcallz5 wrote:
Tuna wrote:
yzf162 wrote:
Spi Dave j does good work but i think you will like the lucky set up better. I really liked spi with kyb suspension but could...
Thanks for the feedback, it’s appreciated.
Tuna
11/2/2020 4:00pm
Tuna wrote:
yzf162 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
It’s out of my budget. Over $4k in Canada for a set of forks. My bike is at the dealer and they could not replicate the pressure loss and symptoms of a bad cartridge seal. I asked them to keep it, put it outside for a while at different temps. The Husky rep/tech guy is going to call WP about it. It’s been ganked since they delivered the bike. If they don’t go good and fix it I’m pretty sure I will bite the bullet and order the original Lucky Kit.
Monk
11/3/2020 7:45am
yzf162 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
Tuna wrote:
It’s out of my budget. Over $4k in Canada for a set of forks. My bike is at the dealer and they could not replicate the...
It’s out of my budget. Over $4k in Canada for a set of forks. My bike is at the dealer and they could not replicate the pressure loss and symptoms of a bad cartridge seal. I asked them to keep it, put it outside for a while at different temps. The Husky rep/tech guy is going to call WP about it. It’s been ganked since they delivered the bike. If they don’t go good and fix it I’m pretty sure I will bite the bullet and order the original Lucky Kit.
Where in Canada you live?
11/3/2020 8:02am
If you are not super set on going spring. Give Kreft a call the customer service is amazing and I love the suspension on my 350 now.
Tuna
11/3/2020 10:42am
TeamGreen wrote:
Tuna wrote:
It’s out of my budget. Over $4k in Canada for a set of forks. My bike is at the dealer and they could not replicate the...
Monk wrote:
Where in Canada you live?
NB Hans. You have a hook up for me?
Tuna
11/3/2020 10:43am
If you are not super set on going spring. Give Kreft a call the customer service is amazing and I love the suspension on my 350...
If you are not super set on going spring. Give Kreft a call the customer service is amazing and I love the suspension on my 350 now.
Kreft does nice work but for the money I would go spring.

Post a reply to: MX Tech discount code

The Latest