MX Sports (AMA) vs Youthstream (FIM) developments

colorado2day
Edited Date/Time 1/16/2017 4:51am
First the GP's get a 125 class and now equal displacement. And don't forget world wide web live race streaming..

Damn we are falling behind here.
|
Motofinne
1/16/2017 5:40am Edited Date/Time 1/16/2017 5:41am
Well YS is on the front foot at the moment. Combine that with SMX cup, their involvement with Lille/Bercy SX and a possibility of Feld bringing the SX series worldwide are signs that things are developing nicely for YS.

Edit: And i'm sure that Monster are happy too. Having the 2 biggest series of the MX/SX world.
F.B
1/16/2017 5:42am
Geoff, you need to stop pretending you're some guy from Colorado. You're not fooling anyone.
jamma10
1/16/2017 5:58am
F.B wrote:
Geoff, you need to stop pretending you're some guy from Colorado. You're not fooling anyone.
Smile

The Shop

yak651
Fantasy
192nd
1/16/2017 6:21am
Don't know if it's true or not (equal displacement), but are the OEM's threatening to pull out like Davey said what happen if they did it over here?
mmcmx
1/16/2017 6:26am
I also read somewere(talking from memory) that the FIM(or the euro one can't remember) has opened a bid for promoters interested in runing an euro SX series. I wonder If anyone has heard the same in other countries?
DonM
1/16/2017 6:35am
Motofinne wrote:
Well YS is on the front foot at the moment. Combine that with SMX cup, their involvement with Lille/Bercy SX and a possibility of Feld bringing...
Well YS is on the front foot at the moment. Combine that with SMX cup, their involvement with Lille/Bercy SX and a possibility of Feld bringing the SX series worldwide are signs that things are developing nicely for YS.

Edit: And i'm sure that Monster are happy too. Having the 2 biggest series of the MX/SX world.
The SMX was a total failure and what does YS have to do with Lille?
Motofinne
1/16/2017 6:41am Edited Date/Time 1/16/2017 6:51am
Motofinne wrote:
Well YS is on the front foot at the moment. Combine that with SMX cup, their involvement with Lille/Bercy SX and a possibility of Feld bringing...

DonM wrote:
What i meant with SMX cup was the actual concept of it and YS organizing an indoor event, not the race that didn't attract any attenders.

YS was actually promoting Lille in 2016. http://www.mxgp.com/news/youthstream-assist-bercy-lille-supercross

It's not too difficult to use a bit of imagination and put some pieces together what YS are trying to do(together with Monster, maybe Feld).
colorado2day
1/16/2017 6:49am
DonM wrote:
SMX 2016 was a total failure only because Ken Sauce was not there. If Kenny would say he was going to the SMX this year like he just did for the MXdN, SMX would be a success in 2017.

Afterall, SMX is in Germany and after Kenny spanks Herlings and Gasjer at the MXdN Euro fans of Kenny would flock to see him.

Youthstream supposedly helped out with Lille ?
ML512
Fantasy
54th
1/16/2017 6:56am
DonM wrote:
SMX 2016 was a total failure only because Ken Sauce was not there. If Kenny would say he was going to the SMX this year like...
SMX 2016 was a total failure only because Ken Sauce was not there. If Kenny would say he was going to the SMX this year like he just did for the MXdN, SMX would be a success in 2017.

Afterall, SMX is in Germany and after Kenny spanks Herlings and Gasjer at the MXdN Euro fans of Kenny would flock to see him.

It's on the wrong end of Germany, a side of the country that doesn't have much of an interest in moto (farther from Holland and other moto-centers). If Ken was there, it wouldn't have really made a difference.
colorado2day
1/16/2017 6:59am Edited Date/Time 1/16/2017 7:46am
yak651 wrote:
Don't know if it's true or not (equal displacement), but are the OEM's threatening to pull out like Davey said what happen if they did it...
Don't know if it's true or not (equal displacement), but are the OEM's threatening to pull out like Davey said what happen if they did it over here?
Sure. Honda will pull out and dump Kenny. Yamaha and KTM & Husqvarna will be very upset. (Sarcasm) And Suzuki won't release a new 2 strokes then for sure.
DonM
1/16/2017 6:59am
DonM wrote:
SMX 2016 was a total failure only because Ken Sauce was not there. If Kenny would say he was going to the SMX this year like...

Kenny couldn't have saved that turd of an event...If one rider is the make or break of an event then its a failure.
Wasn't aware that YS was assisting in the promotion....if YS takes over the promotion you will see a drop in US based riders involvement because more than likely won't pay for them to show up.
Motofinne
1/16/2017 7:00am
Well the rumor about Suzuki releasing a 125 in 2018 is pretty legit. We might even see it at the EMX125 rounds.
colorado2day
1/16/2017 7:02am
ML512 wrote:
It's on the wrong end of Germany, a side of the country that doesn't have much of an interest in moto (farther from Holland and other...
It's on the wrong end of Germany, a side of the country that doesn't have much of an interest in moto (farther from Holland and other moto-centers). If Ken was there, it wouldn't have really made a difference.
And I never drove 4 hours to watch the USGP at Carslbad.

ML512
Fantasy
54th
1/16/2017 7:05am
ML512 wrote:
It's on the wrong end of Germany, a side of the country that doesn't have much of an interest in moto (farther from Holland and other...
And I never drove 4 hours to watch the USGP at Carslbad.[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/01/16/169514/s1200_tmp_476_MXoNstart3_MXoN_F_2015_1_832896791.jpg[/img]

I was in Germany on the same week/weekend as that event but on the other side of the country for an expo. Literally every person I talked to there (vendors and atheletes from across Europe) all stated the event is in a poor place, that's not easy to get to, and not in area that has an interest in Motocross. The actual interest in the event layout wasn't very high as well.
Motofinne
1/16/2017 7:05am Edited Date/Time 1/16/2017 7:08am
ML512 wrote:
And I never drove 4 hours to watch the USGP at Carslbad.[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/01/16/169514/s1200_tmp_476_MXoNstart3_MXoN_F_2015_1_832896791.jpg[/img]

You can't compare MXdN to the SMX cup. We'll see if they decide to do the race in 2017 or not.

To have riders like Dungey, Gajser, Febvre and Herlings racing and not attract more people was weird, something went sideways in the promotion of the event. Maybe too expensive tickets, Gelsenkirchen isn't the wealthiest region in Germany.
1/16/2017 7:10am
ML512 wrote:

4 hours to Carlsbad from Colorado? You must have a jet?
colorado2day
1/16/2017 7:17am
DonM wrote:
Kenny couldn't have saved that turd of an event...If one rider is the make or break of an event then its a failure. Wasn't aware that...
Kenny couldn't have saved that turd of an event...If one rider is the make or break of an event then its a failure.
Wasn't aware that YS was assisting in the promotion....if YS takes over the promotion you will see a drop in US based riders involvement because more than likely won't pay for them to show up.
Feld pays so well , maybe now that they are dropping the Circus Jendeo will have more money to boost the purse ?

ride-motox.com
/2017/anaheim-1-payouts/

Foxnews_ Feld_Circus-plans-to-shut-down-greatest-show-on-earth-after-146-years
colorado2day
1/16/2017 7:25am
4 hours to Carlsbad from Colorado? You must have a jet?

I lived in Cali at the time. Buck in driveway in Colorado
DonM
1/16/2017 7:30am
DonM wrote:
Kenny couldn't have saved that turd of an event...If one rider is the make or break of an event then its a failure. Wasn't aware that...
Feld pays so well , maybe now that they are dropping the Circus Jendeo will have more money to boost the purse ? [url=http://www.ride-motox.com/2017/01/09/anaheim-1-payouts/]ride-motox.com /2017/anaheim-1-payouts/[/url] [url=http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/01/15/ringling-bros-circus-plans-to-shut-down-greatest-show-on-earth-after-146-years.html]Foxnews_...
Feld pays so well , maybe now that they are dropping the Circus Jendeo will have more money to boost the purse ?

ride-motox.com
/2017/anaheim-1-payouts/

Foxnews_ Feld_Circus-plans-to-shut-down-greatest-show-on-earth-after-146-years
Lille and all the off season races pay money plus travel expenses to show up....nothing to do with purse money.....Loufatso pays virtually zero for MXGP and MXDN so you can pretty much count on him not paying anything for any off season Euro SX as far as start money is concerned...
colorado2day
1/16/2017 7:42am
In keeping with the 2017 Vitard guidelines of staying on subject this was supposed to be about;

MX Sports Vs.Youthstream and promotion of 2 strokes.

125 class and Equal displacement ?

SKlein
1/16/2017 7:51am
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/01/16/169517/s1200_1022161354.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/01/16/169518/s1200_1101161128a.jpg[/img] I lived in Cali at the time. Buck in driveway in Colorado

I lived in Cali at the time. Buck in driveway in Colorado
Bear in driveway somewhere.
RG1
1/16/2017 7:53am
I do like the MXGP stream service, are there any options like that for SX/MX US?
The PPV for international viewers for Supercross is very good actually. I purchased it for San Diego and it was very good quality and it never froze or skipped at any point all night. It's a little more expensive than MXGP-TV in terms of how much racing you get for your money, but $99 is not too bad for a season pass
colorado2day
1/16/2017 8:11am
I do like the MXGP stream service, are there any options like that for SX/MX US?
RG1 wrote:
The PPV for international viewers for Supercross is very good actually. I purchased it for San Diego and it was very good quality and it never...
The PPV for international viewers for Supercross is very good actually. I purchased it for San Diego and it was very good quality and it never froze or skipped at any point all night. It's a little more expensive than MXGP-TV in terms of how much racing you get for your money, but $99 is not too bad for a season pass
$99 USD for 17 or 16 rounds (Daytona included?) is only $6.18 a race from Feld.

Cheaper than Youthstream ?

MX Sports is supposed to stream the outdoor Nationals Live worldwide in 2017 for 12 rounds ?

What will that price point be ?

ML512
Fantasy
54th
1/16/2017 8:14am
$99 USD for 17 or 16 rounds (Daytona included?) is only $6.18 a race from Feld. Cheaper than Youthstream ? MX Sports is supposed to stream...

MX Sports is supposed to stream the outdoor Nationals Live worldwide in 2017 for 12 rounds ?

Youthstream's MXGP price is around $3 per race, if I remember right.
RG1
1/16/2017 8:24am
RG1 wrote:
The PPV for international viewers for Supercross is very good actually. I purchased it for San Diego and it was very good quality and it never...
$99 USD for 17 or 16 rounds (Daytona included?) is only $6.18 a race from Feld. Cheaper than Youthstream ? MX Sports is supposed to stream...

If you're just looking at the number of rounds then maybe it works out cheaper, per round. But with the MXGP-TV pass you get to watch the qualifying races and all the EMX races too, so some weekends you get 12 races to watch
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2362nd
1/16/2017 8:24am
First the GP's get a 125 class and now equal displacement. And don't forget world wide web live race streaming..

I have to agree, on the basis of forming legitimate developmental classes FIM is hitting the mark

but the screw riders anywhere else they can.

They organize a show with you performing, but they dont pay you

You compete against professionals, all the same relative speed, unless you're too old.

they organize a show, Where no one cares or shows up

they implement every single idea stemming from the 'good idea fairy'
Alex
1/16/2017 9:05am Edited Date/Time 1/16/2017 9:06am
The show is almost always good both sides of the pond. IMO The best and worst races are run by YS. Qatar, Thailand, Mexico etc are not particularly impressive, but they're hitting it out the park with the Nations races right now. It just gets better every year....

https://youtu.be/fYfPAMlEVfI
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
1/16/2017 10:42am

the AMA has the equal displacement, and a 125 class, they just run as part of the amateur programme, which EMX is the europe's version, just run on some GP weekends, EMX is a cash making machine for youthstream, all those entry fees and extra passes sold,

as for equal displacement in EMX250, i can't find anything on MXGp.com about it, or youthstreams other PR site MXlarge, so is it happening, or is it just a rumour?
PEPE001
1/16/2017 11:07am
ML512 wrote:
I was in Germany on the same week/weekend as that event but on the other side of the country for an expo. Literally every person I...
I was in Germany on the same week/weekend as that event but on the other side of the country for an expo. Literally every person I talked to there (vendors and atheletes from across Europe) all stated the event is in a poor place, that's not easy to get to, and not in area that has an interest in Motocross. The actual interest in the event layout wasn't very high as well.
Thats not totally true!

I know the Area lived there for more than 40 years.

If you see SX Dortmund ok a better Arenacross they do it for 30 something years and the Saturday Event is always sold out.

The event was in the right place but wrong timing and bad promotion what friends told me.
If you can held an good SX event the only Venue which make sense is that Stadium. (Roof can be closed)
Its not true that it is difficult to get there, the entire Area has 8 Major cities almost close to each other.

There are more MX driver in the Netherlands, France and Belgium than in Germany.
Means the Area was good and close to those Areas.
Yes MXGP is in the eastern part of Germany but that doesnt mean anything.
People are going there from all over and to get there is a nightmare.

Driving was not an issue though!

What it needs:
Get the big boys lets say the top 10 450SX to Europe.
Better Timing
Better promotion
AND make it a real SX not a MX Trial race looked crazy to me.

People want to be entertained and not going to races on the first place!

Post a reply to: MX Sports (AMA) vs Youthstream (FIM) developments

The Latest