MX Sports and Youthstream Announce Partnership for USGP & US MXdN in 2018.

3/12/2017 6:59pm Edited Date/Time 3/12/2017 7:03pm
This is exactly correct. The end-of-season date will probably never attract a good turnout. Personally, I'd take an MXGP event over an AMA National any time...
This is exactly correct. The end-of-season date will probably never attract a good turnout. Personally, I'd take an MXGP event over an AMA National any time of year, but I'm in the minority in the US.

They need to evolve to a combined AMA/FIM event during the summer (either separate Saturday/Sunday races or combined motos), and you know they're kicking that idea around right now.
I really think they just need to make it worth it for Americans to show up and then you'd have a pretty good crowd, but they...
I really think they just need to make it worth it for Americans to show up and then you'd have a pretty good crowd, but they need multiple top guys like Dungey, Tomac and Roczen. I'd bet Tomac was the only American to get anything from those GP's in September, maybe Webb too, I don't know. I would personally love to see the GP guy's ride a track like Glen Helen, but in reality most fans in the US don't even know they exist.
Yep wrote:
They rode Glen Helen last season
You're right, the GPs have been in Glen Helen two years straight, but there wasn't much AMA participation, unfortunately.

Roczen and Dungey didn't run the GPs; almost no one did. Tomac did (brilliantly), but I think that was only because the Kawasaki team is sponsored by Monster Energy. Barcia ran Charlotte, but I suspect that was only because JGR is based there. I think we all agree that a Labor Day event isn't gonna change any of this.

chrisg19
Fantasy
4437th
3/12/2017 7:51pm
Push the start of the Nationals back a week or two, and run the USGP in late May. You'd probably get the US guys eager to try out their outdoor setups in real competition before the Nationals get going, and the Euro guys are still early in their season and wouldn't want to lose points so they'd show too. Seems like the only time you'd have a chance of getting participation from both series.
robkinuk
3/12/2017 8:00pm
Think back to where the last successful MXDN was in the US???
Makes sense, proven venue close to capital, that can pull in a 40,000 + crowd!
He'll, even RV might come out of retirement??????WoohooWoohoo
Mr. Info
3/12/2017 8:07pm
I think it's realistic to say the GP's and the MXON are done for Southern California. The best geographical place to draw spectators from Europe is So Cal because before and after there is so much more for a family or adults to do. Disneyland, Knotts, Magic Mountain and Hollywood plus the beaches. Vegas only 4 hours away. And don't take my word for it ask any European. I wish them luck cause been there don't that and we will never draw the crowds Europe does. Saw it first hand in Maggiora last year. Europe fans are for real.

The Shop

etccb
3/12/2017 8:22pm
What will they do with the works vs production bike rules if they combine them for a round? There are a lot of differences that are not easily changed for one weekend to sort through for a combined ama national/mxgp.
Fat Fingers
3/12/2017 8:50pm
etccb wrote:
What will they do with the works vs production bike rules if they combine them for a round? There are a lot of differences that are...
What will they do with the works vs production bike rules if they combine them for a round? There are a lot of differences that are not easily changed for one weekend to sort through for a combined ama national/mxgp.
If that is the only barrier to a race like this, I imagine it might take 10 minutes for both parties to come to a solution.
RG1
3/13/2017 2:39am
agn5009 wrote:
I wish they would do a co sanctioned event. Points pay out for both series. That would be amazing.
I kind of agree, they shouldn't mix the races though. If they could organise a weekend where they have a national and a GP on the same weekend though that would be sick
DeStouwer
3/13/2017 2:40am
chrisg19 wrote:
Push the start of the Nationals back a week or two, and run the USGP in late May. You'd probably get the US guys eager to...
Push the start of the Nationals back a week or two, and run the USGP in late May. You'd probably get the US guys eager to try out their outdoor setups in real competition before the Nationals get going, and the Euro guys are still early in their season and wouldn't want to lose points so they'd show too. Seems like the only time you'd have a chance of getting participation from both series.
This is doubtful. In 2011 the USGP was held in Glen Helen, on May 15th. Biggest names from US-side were Christian Craig and Weston Peick. In MX2 Scott Champion and Travis Baker.

In 2010 it was held in the last weekend of May. Townley, Alessi and Chisholm raced MX1, Decotis and Baker MX2.

Putting the USGP in May doesn't guarantee guys like Dungey and Tomac I'm afraid. But nonetheless, this is positive news!
ehr400
3/13/2017 4:58am
Just waiting for the venue change announcment or cancellation update in about 3-4 months.
Crush
3/13/2017 5:01am
ehr400 wrote:
Just waiting for the venue change announcment or cancellation update in about 3-4 months.
hahaha
Team Ideal
3/13/2017 5:12am
ML512 wrote:
It wasn't annnounced but the US MXGP this year will be Southeast (possibly Gatorback) and the MXdN in 18 might be at Red Bud.
MX Culture wrote:
think a little farther south in the midwest
So Ironman it is. I'd really love to see it at Red Bud but Ironman is closer to home so I guess it'll do. unless your talking Motoland, that would be epic. I know that would never happen but it would still be cool.
ehr400
3/13/2017 5:16am
ML512 wrote:
It wasn't annnounced but the US MXGP this year will be Southeast (possibly Gatorback) and the MXdN in 18 might be at Red Bud.
MX Culture wrote:
think a little farther south in the midwest
Team Ideal wrote:
So Ironman it is. I'd really love to see it at Red Bud but Ironman is closer to home so I guess it'll do. unless your...
So Ironman it is. I'd really love to see it at Red Bud but Ironman is closer to home so I guess it'll do. unless your talking Motoland, that would be epic. I know that would never happen but it would still be cool.
Yeah I would assume if MXSports is doing deals with the devil it would be at a MxSports track aka Ironman/ High Point/ or Muddy Creek. I can't see Red Bud, as much as I would love to, hosting a GP or MXDN.
Yep
3/13/2017 7:02pm
Mr. Info wrote:
I think it's realistic to say the GP's and the MXON are done for Southern California. The best geographical place to draw spectators from Europe is...
I think it's realistic to say the GP's and the MXON are done for Southern California. The best geographical place to draw spectators from Europe is So Cal because before and after there is so much more for a family or adults to do. Disneyland, Knotts, Magic Mountain and Hollywood plus the beaches. Vegas only 4 hours away. And don't take my word for it ask any European. I wish them luck cause been there don't that and we will never draw the crowds Europe does. Saw it first hand in Maggiora last year. Europe fans are for real.

Glen Helen, there was more people practicing at Comp Edge than at the GP that weekend, lame SoCal
Mr. Info
3/13/2017 7:29pm
Not lame at all yep. America has fake fans. Glen Helen has real fans. Mans track.
rrjr
3/13/2017 7:47pm
You might be a little biased don't you think?
zookrider62!
Fantasy
719th
3/13/2017 8:32pm
Mr. Info wrote:
Not lame at all yep. America has fake fans. Glen Helen has real fans. Mans track.
All 5,000 of them
aeffertz
3/14/2017 4:16am
Mr. Info wrote:
Since when is Glen Helen not in the US?
DC
3/14/2017 5:49am
Mr. Info: "Not lame at all yep. America has fake fans. Glen Helen has real fans. Mans track."

I think we are all legit. And real.

DC

Post a reply to: MX Sports and Youthstream Announce Partnership for USGP & US MXdN in 2018.

The Latest