MX Sports Introduces the 125cc All Star Series to AMA Pro Motocross for 2018

bsharkey
4/17/2018 8:54pm
smit9722 wrote:
Is Joey no longer involved?
Looks like some guys close to joey know what happened but havent said everything but implied what happened. I think they are hoping he might come out and tell us his side
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
4/17/2018 9:08pm
smit9722 wrote:
bsharkey wrote:
Looks like some guys close to joey know what happened but havent said everything but implied what happened. I think they are hoping he might come...
Looks like some guys close to joey know what happened but havent said everything but implied what happened. I think they are hoping he might come out and tell us his side
I am sure that MX sports will come in here with a perfectly logical reason why Joey is not running it anymore. Whistling
bsharkey
4/17/2018 9:19pm
smit9722 wrote:
bsharkey wrote:
Looks like some guys close to joey know what happened but havent said everything but implied what happened. I think they are hoping he might come...
lostboy819 wrote:
I am sure that MX sports will come in here with a perfectly logical reason why Joey is not running it anymore. Whistling
Theres a good thread on facebook. They said he pretty much got screwed. They know the details but are hoping he will come out and say it so they're not saying too much right now

The Shop

bvm111
4/17/2018 10:03pm
Did you read the press release?
racerx317
4/17/2018 10:11pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2018 10:12pm
chillrich wrote:
Does this supersede/replace the Dream Race?
No, the Dream Race is not associated with the 125 All Star races. My understanding is that the Dream race is still happening and then there will be a 125 All Star Race as part of the Pro National as well.
jeffro503
4/17/2018 10:18pm
smit9722 wrote:
bsharkey wrote:
There's no mention of him anywhere which is crazy considering he started this thing
It's like an addictive drug thing here......I want this 125 class to thrive like no other!! And 7 rounds is pretty damn cool. I do hope they take it more serious , with full on 30min ( or at least 20 min !! ) .....and eventually we see a 12 round series.

On the drug thing......it's something I've been wanting to come back for a long time , and Joey made that dream possible for us up here. To hear ( I don't know the full details yet ) ....that he got shut out. Just kind of smears this " gift from god! " that we all just got.

DC......if you see this , could you please shed some light on the subject? Think it would be better to get out front on this , instead of letting people jump to conclusions.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
4/17/2018 10:21pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2018 10:22pm
racerx317 wrote:
I signed my son up for Southwick and Budds Creek on our new TM!! We’ll see if he’s accepted or not. I’m not sure when they...
I signed my son up for Southwick and Budds Creek on our new TM!! We’ll see if he’s accepted or not. I’m not sure when they will get back to us to see if they will accept him.

The rider has to be 16 and a minimum of a B level rider. You also have to list relevant races to kind of sell them the idea that the rider will be worthy of lining up as well as a sponsor list and AMA info so they can look up all the Racer info.

Hopefully we’ll get in for 1 or 2... they are limiting each event to only 30 riders so it might be tough.
Do they state why they limit it to 30 riders? I mean there's 40 gates. They're leaving 70 entries out. That's $3500.
Motofinne
4/17/2018 10:25pm
TheLsho wrote:
How come minimum age is 16? Doesn't that sort of defeat it as a feeder class in a way? Most people will have already have transitioned...
How come minimum age is 16? Doesn't that sort of defeat it as a feeder class in a way? Most people will have already have transitioned into big bike 4 strokes at that point. That was one of the only parts I am not that stoked on. Is it because it will be a "pro" race that they have to go by minimum pro age?
I would guess that this is just the first step and the end goal is to have a similar series to EMX125(13-17 year old kids)?
4/17/2018 10:28pm
BRB. Going to the garage to start my 125 and rev the shit out of it, for the benefit of my neighbours.
Tracktor
4/17/2018 10:52pm
Need to change thread title as Mx Sports didn't introduce shit . Like previously mentioned this is plagurism at it's finest. And this is why we can't have nice things......look at it this way if it doesn't make money they will drop it and steal another idea. The real reason the Dream Race thrived is Joey did it for the passion instead of $$ which is what built MX in the beginning.......
Bearuno
4/18/2018 12:29am Edited Date/Time 4/18/2018 12:36am
The way I read the PR, it doesn't seem to be a Series as such, with it being described as 6 'Qualifiers' leading to a Final.

It's still a Good Thing, even if my interpretation is correct. Baby Steps, perhaps towards a full series, one hopes.

I wonder how things will go for the TMs , Betas and Shercos.Will they be allowed in? Yes, I know the Betas and Shercos are Enduro bikes, but they should still be quite competitive bikes, with mods. Well, that was shown by a 1:1 by a Sherco at the 125 Gold Cup races at Newry this last weekend - I truly hope the headlight that was still fitted was functional, and blazing away! Then also, I wonder if blokes / blokettes can use 'AF' type bikes - as in, the older, '3 last years' engines in modern Chassis. It doesn't seem likely, which would be a bummer.
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3717th
4/18/2018 2:39am
You guys have been begging for this for years. They give it to you and you have a million complaints. Justifiable or not, shut up.

This is awesome. This is going to be incredible. Great start to something that will likely grow Into something bigger and better.
ajv#26
4/18/2018 2:49am
Why they don't do two motos per race?
Frank
4/18/2018 2:49am
Best news of the year so far. No Red Bud or Millville unfortunately. Guess we are going have to add Iron Man to the vacation schedule this year.
KMC440
4/18/2018 4:05am Edited Date/Time 4/18/2018 4:06am
yak651 wrote:
Pretty cool.
Not sure why in Colorado, those things are going to look slooooow!
My brain went a bit sideways when I saw Colorado on the schedule as well.

Lot of 144 kits being sold in Denver bout now. Whistling
bsharkey
4/18/2018 5:04am
I think we can all agree this is a great thing. For quite a while we heard from Joey about how the series was going to expand possibly to even 12 races then wintertime came everything went dead and there's been nothing but silence sense from him. If I had to guess I'm guessing he's afraid to say what happened because he has a job in the Moto industry if you know what I mean hopefully his friends will let the real truth about but it's pretty obvious from what I've seen posted that's something definitely happened and it wasn't good
DC
4/18/2018 6:26am Edited Date/Time 4/18/2018 6:34am
Gang, I am sorry that there is no budget to hire Joey Lancaster to go to all of these other races. He promotes and organizes his own 125 Dream Race and it's an excellent event from what I understand (and what we've covered in the magazine). He will continue to help out at the Washougal round -- he's the contact on the entry there. He does a great job, and while I wish we could afford to hire him to do all of the events, we don't have any budget for a 125cc series manager at this time.

The 125 All-Star races will be organized by each national promoter, not MX Sports. In the past each promoter has had the option of doing another "support" race when the schedule allows for it. Glen Helen has been doing a Two-Stroke National for years. Muddy Creek had the Cody Gragg Memorial 2-Stroke Challenge. Ironman had a Legends race. There have also been WMX races, CRF150 races, a Legends race at RedBud and more. Now, for 2018, seven of the 12 want to do 125cc races and we simply tied them together and hope we get a bunch of fast guys to show up at the series finale.

There is no sponsor, there is no budget, they are supposed to be a fun intermission and maybe get more people to buy 125cc motorcycles for their kids and themselves. If it grows into something Joey will be the first person called. We give him full credit for the work he's done at Washougal and with his own successful, stand-alone Dream Race in September, which I hope will continue to grow and expand.

I really don't know how this turned into some kind of conflict or disrespect to Joey in adding some more 125cc races, but hey, it's the internet.

DC
Racer X
Melicar
4/18/2018 6:36am
^^^ Perfectly reasonable explanation.
mxb2
4/18/2018 7:38am
You guys have been begging for this for years. They give it to you and you have a million complaints. Justifiable or not, shut up. This...
You guys have been begging for this for years. They give it to you and you have a million complaints. Justifiable or not, shut up.

This is awesome. This is going to be incredible. Great start to something that will likely grow Into something bigger and better.
X2, some people are never happy. Lets see how many complainers actually show up and support this?
tprice07
4/18/2018 7:48am
kb228 wrote:
RV won them all already
Stew just put his shirt back on...
jeffro503
4/18/2018 7:55am
DC wrote:
Gang, I am sorry that there is no budget to hire Joey Lancaster to go to all of these other races. He promotes and organizes his...
Gang, I am sorry that there is no budget to hire Joey Lancaster to go to all of these other races. He promotes and organizes his own 125 Dream Race and it's an excellent event from what I understand (and what we've covered in the magazine). He will continue to help out at the Washougal round -- he's the contact on the entry there. He does a great job, and while I wish we could afford to hire him to do all of the events, we don't have any budget for a 125cc series manager at this time.

The 125 All-Star races will be organized by each national promoter, not MX Sports. In the past each promoter has had the option of doing another "support" race when the schedule allows for it. Glen Helen has been doing a Two-Stroke National for years. Muddy Creek had the Cody Gragg Memorial 2-Stroke Challenge. Ironman had a Legends race. There have also been WMX races, CRF150 races, a Legends race at RedBud and more. Now, for 2018, seven of the 12 want to do 125cc races and we simply tied them together and hope we get a bunch of fast guys to show up at the series finale.

There is no sponsor, there is no budget, they are supposed to be a fun intermission and maybe get more people to buy 125cc motorcycles for their kids and themselves. If it grows into something Joey will be the first person called. We give him full credit for the work he's done at Washougal and with his own successful, stand-alone Dream Race in September, which I hope will continue to grow and expand.

I really don't know how this turned into some kind of conflict or disrespect to Joey in adding some more 125cc races, but hey, it's the internet.

DC
Racer X
Thanks for the explanation Davey. I do hope this class grows more then anyone expects. I've been one of the biggest advocates of this class for a long time , so it's nice to see it get a chance to prove itself. It is extremely strong over in the GP scene , and for good reason. I don't know why our whole structure is so much different then the GP's. We put way to much focus on the Supercross series. I truly wish you could grow your series to more rounds , more classes ect , but I also know Supercross , MEC and other events make a huge dent in the way things are scheduled.

I tend to think it's the way our society is......they want " easy ". And mean while , the GP's are doing 20 full rounds , with like 8 classes , spread over a 2 day format. WE ALL buy motocross bikes.......NOT supercross bikes!

As far as the 125 class goes , I hope you , MxSports ( Hopefully Joey can come on board ) , and many sponsors can get this class back to where it's suppose to be....on the big stage.
Forty
4/18/2018 7:56am
Should generate additional interest. I’ll be in Colo and Washington now that I know this. Some good local talent mixed with a few x pros. Arvee/ Hot Sauce/ maybe even RD. Last years Thunder Valley race was great!
BroFoSho
4/18/2018 10:10am
yak651 wrote:
Pretty cool.
Right!? They are going to be sooooo slow at elevation. hahaha.
4/18/2018 10:29am
yak651 wrote:
Pretty cool.
BroFoSho wrote:
Right!? They are going to be sooooo slow at elevation. hahaha.
I did the dream race last year, they were so unbelievably slow but at the same time it was fun because you had to ride it that much harder! I remember up shifting twice coming down the hills. I already signed up for this years race, I raced 450 and the dream race last year. I had so much fun I said screw the pro class and just signed up for the 125 race.
4/18/2018 10:38am
DC wrote:
Gang, I am sorry that there is no budget to hire Joey Lancaster to go to all of these other races. He promotes and organizes his...

DC
Racer X
I think this is what everyone needed. Thank you.
MotoX85
4/18/2018 1:39pm
Should be an open 2 stroke class. More people who would actually race this own 250 2 strokes.

But at least it's a start

Post a reply to: MX Sports Introduces the 125cc All Star Series to AMA Pro Motocross for 2018

The Latest