MX Simulator tips?

Marty1028
Fantasy
1394th
7/16/2018 5:24pm
Just picked up a copy of it, never really got interested until now. is there anything i should know regarding setup, dlc and other things to get good?
|
Trevor91
7/16/2018 6:09pm
I've been playing for about 2 years and im a decent level amateur racer. i would say either go full out on playing everyday or dont start playing at all. its not like a console game that u can play once in awhile and be alright at the game. There are plenty of setups posted on the mx sim forums but you really need to change ur setup as u get better with the game
rmoto003
7/16/2018 6:37pm
Step 1) Be fast

Step 2) Dont be slow

Step 3) ???
7/16/2018 6:45pm
If you need assistance, raise your special dampening and the special dampening factor in advanced settings. It's basically the James Stewart slider in MX Sim

Don't be afraid to try new settings and lower your sensitivity in the roll angle and leveling. Really though, just keep playing.

In chat, type /writesetup 'setupname here' to save a setup, and /readsetup 'setupnamehere' to load those settings back in. With that go crazy!

Try the fork spring rate at 100 just to see how different it feels maxed out. See how the bike handles when you slow down the damping on the shock and the fork, and then just the shock. Compare and contrast. Do it with every slider so you see what they are for. Small changes can make huge differences. If you ever need help with a basic setup, PM me I'll send you a basic one that is easy but not pure arcade mode.

Also highly recommend playing with a controller.
MR. X
7/16/2018 6:59pm
rmoto003 wrote:
Step 1) Be fast

Step 2) Dont be slow

Step 3) ???
Step 3 ) Profit

The Shop

Marty1028
Fantasy
1394th
7/16/2018 7:14pm
If you need assistance, raise your special dampening and the special dampening factor in advanced settings. It's basically the James Stewart slider in MX Sim Don't...
If you need assistance, raise your special dampening and the special dampening factor in advanced settings. It's basically the James Stewart slider in MX Sim

Don't be afraid to try new settings and lower your sensitivity in the roll angle and leveling. Really though, just keep playing.

In chat, type /writesetup 'setupname here' to save a setup, and /readsetup 'setupnamehere' to load those settings back in. With that go crazy!

Try the fork spring rate at 100 just to see how different it feels maxed out. See how the bike handles when you slow down the damping on the shock and the fork, and then just the shock. Compare and contrast. Do it with every slider so you see what they are for. Small changes can make huge differences. If you ever need help with a basic setup, PM me I'll send you a basic one that is easy but not pure arcade mode.

Also highly recommend playing with a controller.
I used tylyns set up off youtube and tweaked it a little for myself, and i got my controller already setup. Ive been playing for a good 2 hours and i just now stopped floppin like a fish and actually can get around the trackLaughing
Loganbd
7/16/2018 7:17pm Edited Date/Time 7/16/2018 7:23pm
1. Don’t play arcade mode
2. Obviously use a controller
3. Download other tracks the stock ones are ehh
4. Ride on the lowest stability setting you can (I.e. I ride mine at 12). Increasingly go lower as your skill goes up.
5. Make it a habit to sit in corners, but don’t use sticky sit/dab
6. Gotta play consistently just like real life
7. Look up everything u don’t understand.
8. If U wanna get tracks or skins go to the mx sim forums on line.
9. You’ll need winrar to unzip skins/tracks.
If u install a track and it doesn’t work hit me up.
Have fun
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1062nd
7/16/2018 7:19pm Edited Date/Time 7/16/2018 7:21pm
My mate's been playing for less than a year and is actually pretty decent. He started off trying other peoples settings and just went with his own in the end. He plays in 3rd person. I had a go and pretty much had to let the bike go where ever it wanted to.Laughing

The SIM community seems pretty unfriendly and unwilling to help new people out.
7/16/2018 7:25pm
Marty1028 wrote:
I used tylyns set up off youtube and tweaked it a little for myself, and i got my controller already setup. Ive been playing for a...
I used tylyns set up off youtube and tweaked it a little for myself, and i got my controller already setup. Ive been playing for a good 2 hours and i just now stopped floppin like a fish and actually can get around the trackLaughing
Lol nice. Enjoy the learning curve, the 'breakthroughs' in the beginning are pretty amazing when you learn how to do something sweet like a wheel tap or an oppo Grinning
cappelmans
7/17/2018 5:59am
Get a controller and use this setup:

It has great stability and makes the game a bit less hard to learn.

Most important is to keep trying, it's not a game you learn in a week like MX vs ATV or MXGP. It took me a couple of months to be able to do a lap without crashing.

disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
7/17/2018 6:20am
It's easier to ride an actual motorcycle
Donovan759
7/17/2018 6:37am
disbanded wrote:
It's easier to ride an actual motorcycle
100% I'd rather go out and ride. I don't have time for that BS.
kb228
7/17/2018 6:53am
When i get home ill post my setup. Been playing since 2012. Get an xbox 1 elite controller. By far the best one.

Best tip is to start on a 250f and play the default tracks till its easy. Id stay away from the tracks that the pros race on. Its really difficult.

rongi#401
7/17/2018 7:44am
Once you get good, you can pick it up and mess around, I don't play much anymore but when I do I pick up right back to the same speed (slow)
aeffertz
7/17/2018 7:46am
Bind the front and rear brakes to their own separate buttons. I wish I had done that from the start rather than having to get use to using two fingers for brakes.

You have way more control over the bike that way, especially in the air.
dboivin
7/17/2018 7:55am
i double bound my left stick forward as lean forward and sit/dab. and i run sticky dab off.

when i did this it substantially changed my game.

grab someones settings to start out. adjust each setting individually to max and min until you see the reactions u get for each change and slowly learn how to play. been playing casually for 5-6 years...I play in 1st person mode (probably a rarity i'm guessing). Still the best mx game to date...has a HUGE learning curve IMO....and thats what made it great. I'm casual A rider in game.

i try to download each national/sx each week and race my ghost to get the track down. don't race much anymore but still enjoy learning each new track during seasons.

Barrington (who is here on vital) makes a lot of the tracks. His tracks nowadays are awesome IMO.
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3807th
7/17/2018 10:39am
cappelmans wrote:
Get a controller and use this setup: [embed] https://youtu.be/SdbfaYnYGoQ [/embed] It has great stability and makes the game a bit less hard to learn. Most important...
Get a controller and use this setup:

It has great stability and makes the game a bit less hard to learn.

Most important is to keep trying, it's not a game you learn in a week like MX vs ATV or MXGP. It took me a couple of months to be able to do a lap without crashing.

Go to Kellen's Youtube channel and watch all of his tutorial videos. Very helpful, even for an experienced cat like me!
SKlein
7/17/2018 12:25pm
Marty1028 wrote:
Just picked up a copy of it, never really got interested until now. is there anything i should know regarding setup, dlc and other things to...
Just picked up a copy of it, never really got interested until now. is there anything i should know regarding setup, dlc and other things to get good?
Patience is essential.

TM's site is a good starting place for downloading whatever needed (top right corner).
WW444
2/28/2022 9:50pm
I just downloaded MX Sim and I can not for the life of me get the bikes to download. I have followed every YouTube video and followed every step but they are not showing up in my bikes. I downloaded Winrar and have followed those steps as well. I downloaded gear the same way and it went in no problem. Can anyone shed some light or tell me what I am doing wrong.

Post a reply to: MX Simulator tips?

The Latest