Shutting the Doors... : MX for Children. $700,000 and much, much more.

Snoqualmie
Edited Date/Time 3/6/2018 5:39am
One thing I have learned in business is that all good teams eventually come to an end... Please read Brett Wise's heartfelt post on MX for Children. A sad day but also a day to be happy and very proud of as the charity did a lot of tremendous work over the past 10 years.

Founded and led by Paul Gross, MX4C was a 100% volunteer army. Brett and myself were Paul's 'feet on the ground' so to speak. All of us leveraged our unique skills to together help our cause. More importantly 100's of people, as Brett rightfully points out, contributed to the cause with self-less contributions. Too many to name here...

Tons of activities: Ride Days, The Inside Line Experience @ select SX races (the *original* SX VIP experience BTW), helmet auctions, autograph auctions, photograph auctions, etc...

Check out the face book site for the memories... Thank you Paul, thank you Brett for the memories. MX4C was one of the best things I have ever done.

Rex Backman

MX for Children

They say all good things come to an end, and this is a post I have been dreading for a while. We have made the decision to shutter the windows on MX for Children. Please read this entire post because I have a lot of people I need to thank. We have been able to do a lot of really cool things since 2006:

-Raised over $700,000 for hydrocephalus research. This has helped tremendously, specifically the hiring of a researcher at Seattle Children's Hospital.

-Completely remodeled the bedroom of an awesome little girl in 2014 with a Supercross theme, including a "starting gate" style bunk bed and an autographed jersey from her favorite rider, James Stewart.

-Hosted many children's hospital visits. I will always remember the stories of Tim Ferry reading to the kids in Toronto, and Ken Roczen handing out posters in St. Louis with his mom.

We can not thank the motorcycle industry enough for their support. It has been truly amazing, highlighted by being named "Humanitarians of the Year" in 2011. From gear reps, to team PR folks, to the riders themselves, everyone has been so, so great. I want to highlight a couple:

-Paul Gross: The "godfather" of this program. Who could have ever imagined what your baby would grow in to. So glad you wandered in to the dealership to chat that one day.

-Rex Backman: Thank you for heading to the great white north without questions and handling those crazy Canadians! The work you did for our program was fantastic.

- Denny Hartwig: Thank you for believing in Paul and getting this thing off the ground. It really wouldn't have happened without you.

-Dave Prater: Thank you for believing in us as well, and never saying no to anything we asked for. You are one of the greatest people in
the sport.

-Brian Rog, Brandon Short, and Ashley Schiermeyer: Thank you for your help and connections, and I'm glad we got to know each other. You are great people and will do great things in wherever life leads you.

-Mandie Fonteyn: We had support from many team PR folks, but nothing like what you gave us. Thank you for the last minute rig tours and loads of gear you hooked us up with to auction off. You rock!

-Brian Barnes: Thank you for being the voice of our auctions, and helping out however you could at the Washougal National. You are a saint.

-Our over 200 fundraisers: We were just the organizers, you made the engine run. Thank you for getting out there and doing the work! Hope you enjoyed every reward you earned.

There are people I forgot, but thank you to everyone who even "liked" this page. YOU ARE AWESOME!

Brett
|

Post a reply to: Shutting the Doors... : MX for Children. $700,000 and much, much more.

The Latest