MX SPORTS

mxnick
11/28/2012 6:13pm
Mr. Info wrote:
Ok Einstien, I never said 95 % of the fans come to watch women. But maybe someone is not trying to market the women the right...
Ok Einstien, I never said 95 % of the fans come to watch women. But maybe someone is not trying to market the women the right way to also bring in the money. And yes I am crazy and everyone I know will tell you that but your so smart you got it right off the bat. If you can't see where this sport or I guess I should say business is going, start looking around and see where all the other sports or businesses are going. Because the people at the top want all the money its now costing them the people who paid their bills. Yep you and me. Well at least me. From MX Nationals to Supercross to Baseball to Basketball to Football they are all down because it cost more than the pleasure of being there live is worth. Just watch it from home. What they want is just big TV contracts and sponsers to pay the bills and they would not care if anyone came. And taking the best talent has not sold more tickets this year because its Motocross not Nascar. Do you even ride a motorcycle or are you just a finger jockey. From what I have been told by people up north was that you don't ride. You just like hanging on. Thats ok sport hang on.
Mr. Misinfo, since you are not willing to share all the great things that Glen Helen has done for Women, why dont you share what your marketing vision is, and since you state "maybe someone is not trying to market the women the right way to also bring in the money"....

How would you do it? And I dont want to hear that your plan is so good you cant tell me!
11/28/2012 7:01pm
DC wrote:
Mr. Info, I am DC, and it's "you're" not "your," as in you're starting to scare me...

Actually, I'm kidding.

DC
MX Sports
so i guess that 6 round developmental 125 class is out of the question?
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
11/28/2012 7:24pm
twosmoke30 wrote:
If there's no time in the day for a WMX class, there would magically be enough time in the day for the class that you want?
newmann
11/28/2012 7:40pm
twosmoke30 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
If there's no time in the day for a WMX class, there would magically be enough time in the day for the class that you want?
As boring as the 450 class got this year, I can think of a spot where the 125 class would fit in well.....Tongue

The Shop

TeamGreen
11/28/2012 7:58pm
Wow, between this & a certain #1's Dad's thinly veiled Bitchfest...

I think we have a few WMX "Race Dads" that make Tony Alessi look REALLY GOOD.

Seriously, you Whinny lil fcks are always complaining, when, in the end...all you're really pointing out is that you're pissed about your Huge Misconception regarding "Sponosors/Sponsorship".

You DO see that JWR, Langston...hell SUZUKI & YAMAHA have closed up shop & are no longer Racing, right?

Taken a look at WHO DOESN'T have a ride this year?

Here's a reality check: Ashley was at the right place at the right time; and, the Economy will be in a "Much better place" before you see another deal like that in WMX.

So, until then, you guys can go buy your daughters a bike & gear for the only damn reason that matters: To Have FUN.

Got it?
SunComfort
11/28/2012 8:44pm
Mr. Info wrote:
You know whats the best part is that I can dance you around like a puppet. Because you have that spot where you can't control yourself...
You know whats the best part is that I can dance you around like a puppet. Because you have that spot where you can't control yourself and someone else can. You are all to easy. Really easy.
SunComfort
11/28/2012 8:49pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Wow, between this & a certain #1's Dad's thinly veiled Bitchfest... I think we have a few WMX "Race Dads" that make Tony Alessi look REALLY...
Wow, between this & a certain #1's Dad's thinly veiled Bitchfest...

I think we have a few WMX "Race Dads" that make Tony Alessi look REALLY GOOD.

Seriously, you Whinny lil fcks are always complaining, when, in the end...all you're really pointing out is that you're pissed about your Huge Misconception regarding "Sponosors/Sponsorship".

You DO see that JWR, Langston...hell SUZUKI & YAMAHA have closed up shop & are no longer Racing, right?

Taken a look at WHO DOESN'T have a ride this year?

Here's a reality check: Ashley was at the right place at the right time; and, the Economy will be in a "Much better place" before you see another deal like that in WMX.

So, until then, you guys can go buy your daughters a bike & gear for the only damn reason that matters: To Have FUN.

Got it?
Very well put Manny, but ur gonna hurt some feelings, you in need
of sensitivity class's?! LMMFAO
burrito913
11/28/2012 10:30pm
how many of you commenting have actually put money into supporting a WMX Rider ? I have - Lindsey Scheltema / Jacqueline Strong / Nicole Madsen / Ayla Cabus / Alyssa Fitch / Kristine Wright / Heather Lockwood .. those are some of the riderS I have helped .. so maybe until you actually put your money where your mouth is maybe you can spare us the BS

Burrito
Fist City MX
SunComfort
11/29/2012 3:53am Edited Date/Time 11/29/2012 3:55am
burrito913 wrote:
how many of you commenting have actually put money into supporting a WMX Rider ? I have - Lindsey Scheltema / Jacqueline Strong / Nicole Madsen...
how many of you commenting have actually put money into supporting a WMX Rider ? I have - Lindsey Scheltema / Jacqueline Strong / Nicole Madsen / Ayla Cabus / Alyssa Fitch / Kristine Wright / Heather Lockwood .. those are some of the riderS I have helped .. so maybe until you actually put your money where your mouth is maybe you can spare us the BS

Burrito
Fist City MX
why, unless you have copious amounts of coin, would you put
your money into WMX? Have you seen a direct income from sponsoring
said female riders? Sponsorship is about trying to reap some benfits
by marketing, and the numbers are not there, its a LROI, and a bad bizz
decision. i know u mean well David, and i give u props, but telling people
to invest their hard earned $ into a sport that is still so far in its infancy
that few people are going really embrace it.?!
Hell, i get pissed that there are people on every moto site in the world begging for someone to "Help them out"!
The main reason many people do not live their dreams is becuase they don't have the coin to support their hobby/ hmm hmm Profession. It's a form of pan handling and no different than the guy on the corner begging for change for a cup of warm Joe.
if i had the time and $, i could have been Pro!! wel, thats a far stretch, but bottomline if u cant afford something, what makes you think someone else should pay for your damn way? gets me everytime.
Mr. Info
11/29/2012 6:01am
Let me make this simple reply so you all understand. I don't speak for Glen Helen or Bud Feldkamp. I speak only of the things I have knowlage about. I speak from the facts. Yes things have changed, some good some bad. The WMX is not getting a good deal and I chose to speak up about it. The tracks are losing money and this is from facts and I chose to speak up about it. The privateers are not making any money and I chose to speak up about it. There is a purse issue at the races, something MX Sports should look into to helping the riders earn more chasing a dream, maybe a purse sponser they can promote their name on TV and that takes it out of money the tracks having to put up the purse. Thats how they do it in Nascar. Glen Helen is not how I make a living, I have a M-F job to pay my bills and support my hobby riding and racing motorcycles. I am paying for a child going thru college and one heading there in a few years. I have no dream of working full time in the industry because people who speak the truth and don't kiss ass don't last long in it. Look you guys on here are all to smart for simple me. It tough banging heads with you all. Lets just say if speaking the truth on what I know is being a fool I will never change. I have nothing to lose on this battle because in my life you guys don't mean a thing. But I like stiring up the shit and will keep at it. Enjoy riding and racing and keep your passion alive and mine, motorcycles. But one last thing, Have a nice day.
ns503
11/29/2012 6:07am
Mr. Info wrote:
Let me make this simple reply so you all understand. I don't speak for Glen Helen or Bud Feldkamp. I speak only of the things I...
Let me make this simple reply so you all understand. I don't speak for Glen Helen or Bud Feldkamp. I speak only of the things I have knowlage about. I speak from the facts. Yes things have changed, some good some bad. The WMX is not getting a good deal and I chose to speak up about it. The tracks are losing money and this is from facts and I chose to speak up about it. The privateers are not making any money and I chose to speak up about it. There is a purse issue at the races, something MX Sports should look into to helping the riders earn more chasing a dream, maybe a purse sponser they can promote their name on TV and that takes it out of money the tracks having to put up the purse. Thats how they do it in Nascar. Glen Helen is not how I make a living, I have a M-F job to pay my bills and support my hobby riding and racing motorcycles. I am paying for a child going thru college and one heading there in a few years. I have no dream of working full time in the industry because people who speak the truth and don't kiss ass don't last long in it. Look you guys on here are all to smart for simple me. It tough banging heads with you all. Lets just say if speaking the truth on what I know is being a fool I will never change. I have nothing to lose on this battle because in my life you guys don't mean a thing. But I like stiring up the shit and will keep at it. Enjoy riding and racing and keep your passion alive and mine, motorcycles. But one last thing, Have a nice day.
But yet FTE does the same thing, and he's DC?

OK....
JLong
11/29/2012 6:22am
Mr. Info wrote:
Let me make this simple reply so you all understand. I don't speak for Glen Helen or Bud Feldkamp. I speak only of the things I...
Repairing the moto industry one post at a time....
DC
11/29/2012 6:36am Edited Date/Time 11/29/2012 6:40am
Mark, you don't speak from fact, you speak from your own opinion and what Mr. Feldkamp said.

I happen to know that none of the tracks are losing money on their nationals but you keep throwing this smear out there, and then saying you don't kiss ass, and it's the truth... Mark, it's not.

You have a very misinformed, biased version of what happened to Glen Helen's race, and as a result you keep trying to make me and MX Sports look bad. Not one track other than Glen Helen has canceled their event since MX Sports obtained the series, which speaks volumes for their belief in what we're doing -- and through a recession to boot.

You keep throwing this garbage out and then saying stupid shit like, 'If the promoters don't want me saying that, they can email me.' That's like me saying, Mark, do you still beat your wife?

I am a national event promoter too and I am telling you here that you have your facts wrong. Period. No one should have to email you and say "quit lying about my event." I just did it for all of them. And if you don't think races on TV are a good thing, you are even dumber than you make yourself look here.

Once again, I am really sorry that I didn't see you at the AMA Hall of Fame thing and come over and say hello.

DC
MX Sports
11/29/2012 7:24am
burrito913 wrote:
how many of you commenting have actually put money into supporting a WMX Rider ? I have - Lindsey Scheltema / Jacqueline Strong / Nicole Madsen...

Burrito
Fist City MX
If people are not interested in watching women race mx, then it doesn't work. It is clear that womens MX is not interesting to the general MX public.
bents
Fantasy
694th
11/29/2012 7:40am
The problem with WMX is that they are seen on the same day as the guys, and that makes it look very bad by comparison-not saying they aren't motoring,but in comparison....could you imagine the WNBA playing right after a NBA game? Mx sports has done everything possible but the reality is this is the best they can do
burrito913
11/29/2012 7:52am
Why did I put money into the WMX girls ? A few years ago they had their own 1/2 hour show and received exposure . My dollars went into getting my biz exposure .. for me it was a win win .. more bang for the buck . I don't look at the girls like it seems the majority of those on Vital do - as slow riders who have no need to be on the track as the guys .. Girls spend money .. girls are buying bikes ( or their Daddy's are Wink . They are important to this sport . Maybe their should be a separate series for them .. but with the " stay in the kitchen " mentality that is pretty much prevalent in the industry I doubt it will happen
DC
11/29/2012 8:34am
If someone started up a new series for the girls I would support it 100%. I believe in women's motocross and I think they have a great deal of potential, but there is not enough time in the one-day program to incorporate them into this series anymore than three races right now. I have already spoken to a couple of non-national promoters who do have some interest, so maybe that would be an opportunity for someone to pursue....

DC
MX Sports
mxcat62
11/29/2012 10:37am
ATV pro mx has a 10 round national series that races at many of the same tracks as the mx nationals. They also have a tv package (racertv) shown on NBCSP. Maybe they should look into being a part of that series. Sure they are going to get to race on smoother tracks with the dirt brushed off, but if they want to race it's worth looking into.
426Hemi
Fantasy
2729th
11/29/2012 10:48am
Mr Info. How ironic.

How about just Mr. Opinion.
thumpinberry
11/29/2012 11:36am Edited Date/Time 11/29/2012 11:37am
Why not have the wmx at regionals,they get 3 motos with full gates lots of people there to watch(maybee pull in some that would not have shown up)and they have the option of lorrettas to boot.
jmx411
11/29/2012 11:49am
Usually the people that claim successful people are the ones who "kiss ass" to get where they were are the ones that aren't talented enough, to lazy, or to dumb to do it themselves. Not calling any names but I think you know who I'm talking about. Every other thread I get on he's claiming industry people "kiss ass" to get there.

On a lighter note how about a lingerie motocross series? Wink
jmx411
11/29/2012 11:50am
jmx411 wrote:
Usually the people that claim successful people are the ones who "kiss ass" to get where they were are the ones that aren't talented enough, to...
Usually the people that claim successful people are the ones who "kiss ass" to get where they were are the ones that aren't talented enough, to lazy, or to dumb to do it themselves. Not calling any names but I think you know who I'm talking about. Every other thread I get on he's claiming industry people "kiss ass" to get there.

On a lighter note how about a lingerie motocross series? Wink
Where I'm from in Hickville South Carolina we call those people "White Trash" or Redneck. I don't know what they call them in Cali
NeWskoolmxer
11/29/2012 11:59am
DC wrote:
If someone started up a new series for the girls I would support it 100%. I believe in women's motocross and I think they have a...
If someone started up a new series for the girls I would support it 100%. I believe in women's motocross and I think they have a great deal of potential, but there is not enough time in the one-day program to incorporate them into this series anymore than three races right now. I have already spoken to a couple of non-national promoters who do have some interest, so maybe that would be an opportunity for someone to pursue....

DC
MX Sports
Hey DC, Off topic here but I was at Steel City this year and wanted one of those event stickers but couldn't find them. Anywhere I could buy one?
yosmithy
11/29/2012 12:10pm
DC wrote:
If someone started up a new series for the girls I would support it 100%. I believe in women's motocross and I think they have a...

DC
MX Sports
Is it true, that motocross used to be a two day event? I mean, back in the olden times??
Torco1
11/29/2012 12:17pm
Mr. Info wrote:
You know whats the best part is that I can dance you around like a puppet. Because you have that spot where you can't control yourself...
You know whats the best part is that I can dance you around like a puppet. Because you have that spot where you can't control yourself and someone else can. You are all to easy. Really easy.
GrapeApe wrote:
This sounds like something someone says when they come to the realization that everyone is laughing at them, not with them. I say this with all...
This sounds like something someone says when they come to the realization that everyone is laughing at them, not with them. I say this with all due respect - your idiocy knows no bounds.

No, I am not DC.
He has mind control.......

https://youtu.be/qAcqFcRcHmM
burn1986
Fantasy
3280th
11/29/2012 12:29pm
twosmoke30 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Why pick this one topic to reply to in the midst of all the others? We all know DC isn't going to allow any of these type races, so why not crusade for him on something else?
SunComfort
11/29/2012 12:36pm
Mr. Info wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:
This sounds like something someone says when they come to the realization that everyone is laughing at them, not with them. I say this with all...
This sounds like something someone says when they come to the realization that everyone is laughing at them, not with them. I say this with all due respect - your idiocy knows no bounds.

No, I am not DC.
Torco1 wrote:
He has mind control.......

https://youtu.be/qAcqFcRcHmM
kinda beat ya to it, but couldnt get it to imbed lol

SunComfort

15 hours ago
Mr. Info wrote: You know whats the best part is that I can dance you around like a puppet. Because you have that spot where you can't control yourself and someone else can. You are all to easy. Really easy.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=5&ved=0CD8QtwIwBA&url=http…;
Its Whatever
Edit post
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
11/29/2012 12:36pm Edited Date/Time 11/29/2012 12:36pm
burn1986 wrote:
Why pick this one topic to reply to in the midst of all the others? We all know DC isn't going to allow any of these...
Why pick this one topic to reply to in the midst of all the others? We all know DC isn't going to allow any of these type races, so why not crusade for him on something else?
Because I can't believe how myopic some people are, and how they lack common sense when replying.

I'm sure that somewhere there are a handful of people who own motocross sidecars that are pissed that there won't be a series for them. When they show up, I'll laugh at them, too.
burn1986
Fantasy
3280th
11/29/2012 12:46pm Edited Date/Time 11/29/2012 1:08pm
GuyB wrote:
Because I can't believe how myopic some people are, and how they lack common sense when replying. I'm sure that somewhere there are a handful of...
Because I can't believe how myopic some people are, and how they lack common sense when replying.

I'm sure that somewhere there are a handful of people who own motocross sidecars that are pissed that there won't be a series for them. When they show up, I'll laugh at them, too.
I think this is a little different. The elimination of 2-strokes was a monumental shift in the sport, with more poeple involved than just a handful. Seems kind of odd, that comments about them are shot down so quickly, when they really do no harm at all.

Pretty soon it won't matter, though. Since the races are becoming tighter an tighter on funds, it will soon morph into the Luongo format - 250s and 450s together in 2 motos.
adub274
11/29/2012 1:06pm
mxcat62 wrote:
ATV pro mx has a 10 round national series that races at many of the same tracks as the mx nationals. They also have a tv...
ATV pro mx has a 10 round national series that races at many of the same tracks as the mx nationals. They also have a tv package (racertv) shown on NBCSP. Maybe they should look into being a part of that series. Sure they are going to get to race on smoother tracks with the dirt brushed off, but if they want to race it's worth looking into.
I think if all you can do on pro day at the MX nationals is 3 rounds than that is that but if you own the WMX give them a series withthe other rounds filled in with other big venue races . WMA cup maybe some rounds of their own at tracks like Glen Helen , Thunder valley on different days . Sounds like all the girls won't agree to this . 2-3 options should be presented and let the girls vote on what way they want it .

Post a reply to: MX SPORTS

The Latest