MX SCISSOR LIFTS

Sixeightone
Edited Date/Time 6/7/2019 9:59am
Looking on some insight on a scissor lift. I run a normal lift now "table style" but it takes up too much room in the shop. Looking for the scissor lift style but not sure which one to get. MOTOSPORT makes a really nice one but I'm not a big fan of how it locks the foot pegs in. But I like how you lower it with a pedal over a dial. The pit posse one is much less and seems to be as good of quality.

Has anyone used either, pros and cons of both?

Should I get one with caster wheels? Is it sturdy enough?

Thanks in advanced

John!

|
KHI Guy
2/28/2019 11:19am
I have one that is similar to the Pit Posse in your pic. It works well for my intended purposes. I did not get the optional castors, as I figured I would want the added stability of the solid feet. However, there have been times where it would have been nice to just wheel the bike/stand out of the way when I needed room in the garage. I'd buy another one for sure.
MXVet261
Fantasy
4078th
2/28/2019 11:48am Edited Date/Time 2/28/2019 11:49am
Casters are awesome.

I find myself spinning the bike around a lot when I'm working on it, that way I can always see the TV in the background when I'm working. #FirstWorldProblems
SBD
2/28/2019 11:51am
I have the Pit Posse with caster wheels. It is very stable, and you will be happy that it has wheels.
This is the best tool I have ever bought, what a back saver ! Wish I had bought it a long time ago.
Infamous
Fantasy
2499th
2/28/2019 12:27pm
I have the Pit Posse one and the jack died. Its been sitting in corner of garage for too long now. Has anyone fixed or replaced the jack in one of these? Love having the ability to lift bike up and roll it around the shop, but its been out of commission for awhile now. This post reminded me that I need to figure out how to repair this thing.

The Shop

2/28/2019 12:32pm
We have the Pit Posse version w/o the wheels since its for shop bay use only. Best purchase I ever made.
Bruce372
2/28/2019 12:41pm
i had the pit posse one with wheels delivered yesterday for $177 from amazon... will update shortly.
SBD
2/28/2019 12:51pm
Infamous wrote:
I have the Pit Posse one and the jack died. Its been sitting in corner of garage for too long now. Has anyone fixed or replaced...
I have the Pit Posse one and the jack died. Its been sitting in corner of garage for too long now. Has anyone fixed or replaced the jack in one of these? Love having the ability to lift bike up and roll it around the shop, but its been out of commission for awhile now. This post reminded me that I need to figure out how to repair this thing.
I think this happens when you leave the valve open. Either way, I think its just a cheap bottle jack, have you tried harbor freight ? I would just replace the jack vs rebuilding it, probably $20 bucks for a new jack.

Please let us know what you end up doing to fix it, I have heard this is not uncommon.
Infamous
Fantasy
2499th
2/28/2019 1:31pm
Infamous wrote:
I have the Pit Posse one and the jack died. Its been sitting in corner of garage for too long now. Has anyone fixed or replaced...
SBD wrote:
I think this happens when you leave the valve open. Either way, I think its just a cheap bottle jack, have you tried harbor freight...
I think this happens when you leave the valve open. Either way, I think its just a cheap bottle jack, have you tried harbor freight ? I would just replace the jack vs rebuilding it, probably $20 bucks for a new jack.

Please let us know what you end up doing to fix it, I have heard this is not uncommon.
Yessir, good call. And guilty. I did leave the valve open. Wasn't sure if I could resurrect existing jack or just replace with a new jack. Will pull jack from stand and take to Harbor Freight to see if I can find a direct replacement. It does look like a run of the mill bottle jack, so should be easy to replace. Thanks for the feedback.
Spergen
2/28/2019 1:36pm
I bought the cheapest Chinese one on eBay with the wheels, very stable and perfect for the money, just go over it with a spanner etc. Thinking of getting another to throw the trials bike on.
SBD
2/28/2019 1:59pm
Infamous wrote:
SBD wrote:
I think this happens when you leave the valve open. Either way, I think its just a cheap bottle jack, have you tried harbor freight...

Infamous wrote:
Yessir, good call. And guilty. I did leave the valve open. Wasn't sure if I could resurrect existing jack or just replace with a new jack...
Yessir, good call. And guilty. I did leave the valve open. Wasn't sure if I could resurrect existing jack or just replace with a new jack. Will pull jack from stand and take to Harbor Freight to see if I can find a direct replacement. It does look like a run of the mill bottle jack, so should be easy to replace. Thanks for the feedback.
Please let us know how it works out. Good luck
YZDAD
Fantasy
1814th
2/28/2019 2:07pm
I bought a Pit Posse lift about 5 years ago. Without casters.
Haven't had a single problem with it. Other than I should have bought the one with casters.
Like others have said, best purchase made for working on bikes.
If you are going to get one, get it with the casters.
Sc2
2/28/2019 2:15pm
I bought one with wheels , £80 and it's one of the best £80 I have spent ,
It can tend to nose dive when moving it around if it's fully extended , but no problem if it's about a foot of the deck .
If I was you I would defo get the the one with wheels.

I had to replace the jack, so just bought £20 bottle jack form a auto shop, no problems
RJMX834
2/28/2019 3:20pm
I have the first one you have pictured. I love it. Sturdy, fastens to pegs well. I did wish it had casters however. Im looking to put some on it myself
RCF
2/28/2019 4:03pm
I got two of these from eBay one with wheels one without. without the wheels there a little cheaper and it seems like the one without the wheels goes a little higher.

swedishfishmx
Fantasy
3811th
2/28/2019 4:54pm
My parents have a harbor freight version without wheels. He's had it for several years and it has worked great for us.
scrubbin
2/28/2019 5:11pm
Infamous wrote:
Pit Posse sells a replacement jack for $41.95.+ around $8.00 for shipping.
https://www.pitposse.com/pit-posse-replacement-pump-scissor-lift.html
Phildo
2/28/2019 5:57pm
I bought one years ago with the castor wheels.

With the wheels it’s a bit tall and bikes have to be lifted up on to it.

I’m guessing that without the wheels it would just slide under the bike.

However, with the castor wheels I can move the whole lot around.

It makes washing bikes a heap easier - aside from being able to rotate both wheels you also get access to under the mudguards and can see all areas of the bike.

Absolutely, definitely worth having. Get one.

Infamous
Fantasy
2499th
6/6/2019 4:27pm
Infamous wrote:
scrubbin wrote:
Pit Posse sells a replacement jack for $41.95.+ around $8.00 for shipping.
https://www.pitposse.com/pit-posse-replacement-pump-scissor-lift.html
Thanks brother! Ordered the Pit Posse replacement.
crusher773
6/6/2019 5:40pm
I have one without casters and wish I had got the one with them. Great to have either way.
Manbearpig
6/6/2019 7:04pm
I have the motorsport one and really like it. Great quality but I wish it had castors.
22Ryann
Fantasy
4098th
6/6/2019 9:34pm
I bought a plain one from ebay and added casters.

Honestly, stability on the casters has never been a concern unless of course you try and push it up a large notch in a concrete slab, other than that it's been awesome I love mine.

6/7/2019 9:59am
22Ryann wrote:
I bought a plain one from ebay and added casters. Honestly, stability on the casters has never been a concern unless of course you try and...
I bought a plain one from ebay and added casters.

Honestly, stability on the casters has never been a concern unless of course you try and push it up a large notch in a concrete slab, other than that it's been awesome I love mine.

Do you have to lift your bike up onto it? Mine I bought with casters and I have to lift up on the rear fender to roll it under
piscokid
6/7/2019 10:43am Edited Date/Time 6/7/2019 10:43am
Pit Posse with casters here. I love working on the bike when it is on it. Casters are awesome to roll around in the shop if needed.
6/7/2019 11:01am
I've been eyeing the Pit Posse one with casters on Amazon for probably two years now. I need to just pull the trigger and get it.
22Ryann
Fantasy
4098th
6/7/2019 8:12pm
Do you have to lift your bike up onto it? Mine I bought with casters and I have to lift up on the rear fender to...
Do you have to lift your bike up onto it? Mine I bought with casters and I have to lift up on the rear fender to roll it under
Yea, so I have too also. I get the bike beside it with bars turned towards it then lift the rear wheel and mudguard across onto it. It's no different really to a normal stand, the platform is a bit bigger so you have to watch for the linkage.

Post a reply to: MX SCISSOR LIFTS

The Latest