Best MX/Off-road riders of NorCal

Related:
Create New Tag

5/6/2018 3:27 PM

Who are they? Some of you old timers must have opinions. Lackey? Magoo? How about locals? I haven't been here long enough to really know.

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

5/6/2018 4:59 PM

Lamson

|

5/6/2018 5:12 PM

Darryl Shultz was the fastest guy to come out of Norcal followed closley by Slippy Dog

|

5/6/2018 6:27 PM

Rodney Smith for off-road. Magoo, Lammy, Lackey, and the Vohland bros for mx. Ryan Morais and Daniel Blair as an honorable mentions.

|

5/6/2018 6:28 PM

Off-roaders? Rodney Smith without a doubt.

|

5/6/2018 7:59 PM

Cool. I am thinking between Lamson, Shultz, Lackey, Magoo...Personally I'd put Magoo at the top of the list, if you include fan appeal. Followed by Lackey for his pioneering exploits, then Lamson for speed and amazing consistency. Shultz next- was one of the greats but maybe not the legends the other guys are.
All these dudes were tough as nails. I think Shultz once checked out of the hospital and raced with a lung pump or something when he won his championship.

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

5/6/2018 8:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/6/2018 8:01 PM

MX-Magoo

Off Road-Rodney Smith

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

5/6/2018 8:07 PM

UpTiTe wrote:

Darryl Shultz was the fastest guy to come out of Norcal followed closley by Slippy Dog

Kinda makes you wonder what could have been, if Shu's knees hadn't been so wrecked.

|

5/6/2018 8:14 PM

Photo

Photo
|

5/6/2018 8:23 PM

A little more local but the Garrahan brothers are some bad dudes on a bike, and still are.

|

5/6/2018 11:03 PM

RockyRider wrote:

A little more local but the Garrahan brothers are some bad dudes on a bike, and still are.

I'll second that. They were like folk legends on the Norcal scene when I was coming up.

|