MX National update... (5/19/20)

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
Edited Date/Time 5/21/2020 8:40pm
Update from the Race Leadership Team

Lucas Oil Pro Motocross:

The Pro Motocross schedule continues to be dynamic. It is the intent of organizers to conduct the events with fans, which requires elevated social distancing protocols. The phase-in plans for the resumption of large gatherings continues to evolve from state-to-state, with some states having clear guidelines and others not so much. Event organizers continue to work with their local and state officials to develop a suitable timetable for their national event, but the situation is changing rapidly. The current plan is to start the series in July, but to date no exact start date or location has been determined. What has been determined is that RedBud will not be held on July 4th, nor will it be the opening round. The Series will release a month-to-month schedule starting with July in the coming weeks. This roll-out schedule will allow events to be moved as organizers obtain approval from state to state. Although this approach may be unorthodox, it is necessary under the circumstances, and event organizers and series managers appreciate the patience of the riders, teams and fans as we maneuver through these challenging times.

Monster Energy AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship:

Yesterday MX Sports announced the Regional Schedule for the 2020 season. Regional Championships will be held in 8 different regions nationwide from the first weekend in June through the first weekend in July. Details are available HERE.
|
T-Fish
Fantasy
173rd
5/19/2020 9:29pm
Not that it’s super important, but I wonder if they’ll have amateur day for the rounds held.
NV825
Fantasy
2730th
5/19/2020 9:35pm
Really hoping it all comes together for a successful series. I can only imagine the juggling of everything going on behind the scenes by DC and MX Sports crew to make this happen with fans allowed.
MX304
Fantasy
3753rd
5/19/2020 9:53pm
T-Fish wrote:
Not that it’s super important, but I wonder if they’ll have amateur day for the rounds held.
I think they would almost have to. Especially for the rounds held without spectators (if that happens). Otherwise they will lose massive amounts of $$$$.

The Shop

downard254
5/20/2020 4:31am
Pick tracks in states that don’t have as strict of social distancing policies. Even if you have to revisit a previous state/track. I just want to see some racing.
FuzzyLogic
5/20/2020 7:57am
CR250Rider wrote:
No fans = no money
There is still TV money to be had, right? no fans = significantly lower costs as well.
troymoto2
Fantasy
74th
5/20/2020 8:12am
CR250Rider wrote:
No fans = no money
FuzzyLogic wrote:
There is still TV money to be had, right? no fans = significantly lower costs as well.
I don't think there's a whole lot of TV money for outdoors, hence part of the reason they're on Saturday's not Sunday's anymore. Not sure if the track owners get a piece of the TV money, but I doubt it.
tingo
5/20/2020 8:32am
FloridaMan (DeSantis, our governor) says open ‘er up at WW in Jacksonville. Stay as long as you’d like. I’d be there.
mxrider641
5/20/2020 10:06am
NY may never open up - Our governor believe the entire state is exactly like NYC...thinking no Dilla this year.
mikec265
5/20/2020 10:17am
mxrider641 wrote:
NY may never open up - Our governor believe the entire state is exactly like NYC...thinking no Dilla this year.
Pretty much the same in PA. High Point had a practice and the Facebook comments were a real shit show. Not looking good for the 3 closest to me which would be High Point, Unadilla, and Red Bud.
Maybe we will see some old tracks return, or new ones become part of the series.
mwssquad827
5/20/2020 11:09am
What you guys think about washougal having amateur days?? Is WA strict or no? I was looking forward to racing there...
Tracktor
5/20/2020 11:28am
What you guys think about washougal having amateur days?? Is WA strict or no? I was looking forward to racing there...
Washington is a joke especially Clark & Cowlitz Counties considering there has never been any type of outbreak of Covid here. ER's built tent cities that were never used. Hospitals cutting hours & laying off staff. But shut everything down to keep from overloading the system right?...........Snapping springs on the stupid scale......
mb60
5/20/2020 11:48am
tingo wrote:
FloridaMan (DeSantis, our governor) says open ‘er up at WW in Jacksonville. Stay as long as you’d like. I’d be there.
Jacksonville in July and August. I bet the riders would love that. Lol
5/20/2020 11:50am
Tracktor wrote:
Washington is a joke especially Clark & Cowlitz Counties considering there has never been any type of outbreak of Covid here. ER's built tent cities that...
Washington is a joke especially Clark & Cowlitz Counties considering there has never been any type of outbreak of Covid here. ER's built tent cities that were never used. Hospitals cutting hours & laying off staff. But shut everything down to keep from overloading the system right?...........Snapping springs on the stupid scale......
Better to be safe than to be New York.
It's easy to comment now, 20/20.
Tracktor
5/20/2020 12:19pm
Tracktor wrote:
Washington is a joke especially Clark & Cowlitz Counties considering there has never been any type of outbreak of Covid here. ER's built tent cities that...
Better to be safe than to be New York.
It's easy to comment now, 20/20.
Not really. I have held this belief since the beginning. Remember, Seattle had some of the first reported cases. However, even New York's numbers (as a state) don't add up to what the response was. There was never any real data even in the beginning that pointed to such a totalitarian response. This is all easily backed up by data?........
Bike Rat
5/20/2020 12:41pm
Hopefully Thunder Valley is in the mix
brocster
5/20/2020 12:53pm
Could this be the time that either SWAN MX in Tyler, Tx or Monster Mountain in Alabama get to host a national?

Hope its not just current or ex national tracks that are being considered now that the facility and town wouldn’t have to support the fans of the event as I have heard in the past the parking and logistics are what ruled some tracks out of getting on the schedule.

troymoto2
Fantasy
74th
5/20/2020 1:13pm
mxrider641 wrote:
Dilla will happen. My guess is if they don't start accelerating the opening process in central and upstate NY soon, the torches and pitchforks are gonna start coming out. It's like that self righteous piece of shit Cuomo is making everyone do pushups because they found a jelly donut in NYC's foot locker.
twotwosix
5/20/2020 1:22pm Edited Date/Time 5/20/2020 1:26pm
I see Muddy Creek being a viable option based on Governor Lee's announcement today. Somebody call the Gammons and lets get a round again please!

NorCal1975
5/20/2020 2:23pm Edited Date/Time 5/20/2020 2:29pm
I am hoping they can figure it out and get the guys, teams, etc. our there racing somehow. I imagine a small organization like MX sports can't afford to skip a whole outdoor season, ATV season, lose out on Lorettas, etc. and still be financially viable. (At least I am guessing that is the case). Do they have other material revenue $s coming in besides magazine subscriptions? Does MX sports run the GNCC series too? I was not sure...

This is not the NFL here that makes billions off of TV. Between racing organizations and sponsors, I think the races need to happen to make sure these entities can survive to see a 2021 season.
Sparkey
5/20/2020 2:28pm
Ca is not going to work this year. Newsom has Ca locked up tighter then a ducks ass
brocster
5/20/2020 3:00pm Edited Date/Time 5/20/2020 3:02pm
Sparkey wrote:
Ca is not going to work this year. Newsom has Ca locked up tighter then a ducks ass
Yeah we’re caught in the no “live sporting event” ring. These buffoons think nothing but stick and ball when you mention “sport”

BTW beaches and beach parking here in HB been open all week thus far.
mb60
5/20/2020 6:57pm
Texas, Colorado , Oklahoma would be great spots along with Tenn and Florida.
twotwosix
5/21/2020 4:47am
Sparkey wrote:
brocster wrote:
Yeah we’re caught in the no “live sporting event” ring. These buffoons think nothing but stick and ball when you mention “sport” BTW beaches and beach...
Yeah we’re caught in the no “live sporting event” ring. These buffoons think nothing but stick and ball when you mention “sport”

BTW beaches and beach parking here in HB been open all week thus far.
Crazy.
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3717th
5/21/2020 5:09am Edited Date/Time 5/21/2020 5:10am
Admin. Why do you clip posts anytime someone says something to back up strict restrictions, but allow people to post their very specific opinions opposing the data on the same matter?

Is it because you agree that this is a hoax and therefore those comments are fine? You’re creating a political vacuum on a motorcycle website.

aeffertz
5/21/2020 9:01am
I guessing multiple rounds at whatever tracks that were originally on the schedule and can host the events. Highly Doubt they would venture out to unknown/unproven tracks during this whole fiasco.
ts.p311
5/21/2020 4:07pm
Admin. Why do you clip posts anytime someone says something to back up strict restrictions, but allow people to post their very specific opinions opposing the...
Admin. Why do you clip posts anytime someone says something to back up strict restrictions, but allow people to post their very specific opinions opposing the data on the same matter?

Is it because you agree that this is a hoax and therefore those comments are fine? You’re creating a political vacuum on a motorcycle website.

They always say fb is the biggest dumpster fire of social media. However with the three social media sites I visit, this is where I see the most ignorance. Now I know with fb, I choose who I'm friends with, so I get that their opinions are likely to along the same as mine, but wow I can't believe all the people on here acting like they've been stripped of their freedoms because of a suggested quarantine. It does suck they people are facing financial hardships, it really does and I feel for them. But nothing sucks more than losing a loved one. You can recover from financial hardship, death is final though. Quit being so selfish people, if we miss some racing that's a bummer, but the world can get through this, we just need to do our part
Racerman967
5/21/2020 5:59pm
Bike Rat wrote:
Hopefully Thunder Valley is in the mix
It is open as of 2 weeks ago when I went by. Not sure about fans but I can see them racing there.
logan_140
5/21/2020 7:32pm
mb60 wrote:
Texas, Colorado , Oklahoma would be great spots along with Tenn and Florida.
What about club mx in South Carolina?

Post a reply to: MX National update... (5/19/20)

The Latest