MX Gear

Ricky_G
9/22/2012 1:34pm Edited Date/Time 9/23/2012 6:15pm
Hi Guys,

I'm new to posting on VitalMx but have followed this forum for many years. I am doing a motocross market research paper for my marketing class. I hope you can help a fellow MXer!

- What gear do you wear? Why?
- What helmet brand? Why?
- Where did you buy it, local shop or online? Why?
- What brand of bike do you ride?

Thanks guys and I look forward to reading your replies!!

Ricky_G
|
Ricky_G
9/22/2012 1:56pm Edited Date/Time 9/22/2012 1:56pm
It doesn't need to be a long response, something like this will work;

Fox 180 - the fit is awesome and good colors
Fox V4 helmet - matches my gear
BTO Sports - good price and fast shipping
Yamaha

thanks guys!
Switch
9/22/2012 2:22pm Edited Date/Time 9/22/2012 2:23pm
Fox/Thor/One - Whatever is on sale/clearance at the internet sites that I like and think will fit good.
TLD - Comfortable and I like the look. Always a white one.
Motosport and BTO - Where ever the deals are when I feel the need to buy gear
KTM, Kawasaki, Honda and Suzuki

Good luck.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1958th
9/22/2012 2:33pm
TLD gear and No Fear was on clearance
TLD helmet - comfy and looks cool
BTO Sports - get the matthes discount plus ships right to me
Kawasaki - maybe Honda next year
siezethecarp
9/22/2012 3:03pm
Answer/One/Thor - Unhappy with the durability of fox gear and prefer the fit of these
Shoei vfx-w - Why cheap out on the most important piece of gear, looks great
No preference
KTM

The Shop

pitbike502
9/22/2012 3:19pm
- ONE ind/TLD - It fit my son the best
- ONE ind has the best youth helmets period. Seems like they are the only company to bring technology and style to the line
- Local shop if possible. Buy local, stay local.
- KTM SX 50 but switching to Cobra's
TeamGreen
9/22/2012 3:24pm
TLD & Fly
TLD Air/Fly Formula
TLD/WPS
Honda Off-Road/Kawasaki MX...I dabble in Suzuki, Yamaha and KTM at the track...

The reasons for all answers...because that's the way I like it.

Oh, and, even tho you didn't ask...I wear Dragons. Period.
crusher773
9/22/2012 7:32pm
AXO, high quality and got a sponsorship
EVS, high quality and got a sponsorship
bought direct from them through sponsorship
KTM
Slow450
9/22/2012 9:41pm
-Thor core and flux, it fits me well. Gaerne boots, good deal, but going back to Astars.
-Bell Moto 9, I feel it's high quality, looks good and comfortable and I got a good deal from BTOsports.com.
-See above, plus they support the sport, regionally as well as nationally. Good people.
-Kawasaki race bike, a couple Honda two strokes for fun practice days every once in a while.
Ricky_G
9/22/2012 10:27pm
Thanks guys, keep'em coming!!
ocscottie
9/22/2012 10:32pm
I slept in a Fox jersey last night Laughing
worcsracer808
9/22/2012 10:40pm
Gear: I like quality and look of it, have been using One Industries the last couple years holds up nicely but just got some SE Pro TLD gear, clean look and awesome venting.

Helmet: Arai and Shoei Helmets, can't skimp on the head gear, plus these two are the most comfy in my opinion.

Where I Buy: Depends on what it is, I have bought from both, depends on the type of deal that is going on, and/or if i need it right away. Usually online has the better blowouts, but some stores have good clearance and its nice to get the gear right away too.

Bike Brand: I have an 06 Suzuki RMZ 450, it's alright, I prefer my bro's 09 CRF450 though
Braaap14
9/23/2012 1:00am
Overalls
Garden gloves
Bultaco 375.5cc....
mx_563
9/23/2012 7:18am Edited Date/Time 9/23/2012 7:21am
Ricky_G wrote:
Hi Guys, I'm new to posting on VitalMx but have followed this forum for many years. I am doing a motocross market research paper for my...
Hi Guys,

I'm new to posting on VitalMx but have followed this forum for many years. I am doing a motocross market research paper for my marketing class. I hope you can help a fellow MXer!

Ricky_G
Alpinestars Gear - because I like how it looks. It fits well too but I didn't know that when I bought it - I took a chance.
Shoei - of the "top-shelf" helmets, it fits my head best. I like how it looks too.
Online - that's the only place I could get the A-stars gear. As for the helemt, it was the price.
Honda and Suzuki (one thumper and one smoker)

note: I also own a KTM and GasGas for off-road excursions.
mx757
9/23/2012 11:02am
Fly gear. Great stuff and my Grandpa was a WPS Dealer, so I got everything at cost
Fly helmets. Same as above.
Online or through my grandpa
Yamaha
Oh, and Steel MX Goggles, Gaerne boots.
The Oracle
Fantasy
4134th
9/23/2012 12:22pm Edited Date/Time 9/23/2012 12:23pm
No Fear gear. Amazing quality and feels comfortable. All my sets have laster way longer than my previous Alpinestars/Fly/Thor gears, especially the Thor gear wore down quickly. I used to wear Gaerne boots, but I got two pairs of No Fear boots for a very cheap price, and they have been nothing but great to me! They just never tore down, lol.
Spy Optic goggles. I get a good price on them from my sponsor, and they are ok. Nothing I can complain about on them.

Shoei VFX-W helmets. Looks great, feels great, and most importantly, I feel safe wearing one. (I also use an Alpinestars BNS neckbrace.)

Bought my first set at Chaparral when I was in Calfornia, the rest I've bought online because there are no dealers in Norway.

I ride a Honda CRF450R/CRF250R.
mark_swart
9/23/2012 1:04pm
- What gear do you wear? Why? O'Neal -- I had a support deal with them in '99 and although the deal is long gone I like the gear and have stayed loyal.

- What helmet brand? Why? MSR -- it was available locally.

- Where did you buy it, local shop or online? Why? Local shop because I wanted to try it on first.

- What brand of bike do you ride? Suzuki
langhammx
Fantasy
311th
9/23/2012 2:44pm
O'Neal gear - good fit and quality
Shoei Helmet - best one IMO for pretection
Motorcycle superstore.com - good deal and local shops don't stock them
KTM EXC 530 - Honda CRF 450
bd
9/23/2012 2:53pm
Ricky_G wrote:
Hi Guys, I'm new to posting on VitalMx but have followed this forum for many years. I am doing a motocross market research paper for my...
Hi Guys,

Ricky_G
- What gear do you wear? Why? THOR, I like the fit. However, next season plan switching to JT Racing due to style and innovation.
- What helmet brand? Why? Bell Moto 9. Quality, innovation and Price
- Where did you buy it, local shop or online? Why? I shop local, Motosport, and BTO. I am a deal hunter.
- What brand of bike do you ride? YZ 125 and Brand New YZ 250
Justin314
9/23/2012 4:44pm Edited Date/Time 9/23/2012 4:47pm
TLD gear- durable, comfortable, vents well and I like the designs
Von Zipper goggles- same reasons as above
Gaerne SG-10 boots- great protection and support, lightweight, comfortable, virtually no break-in time
Leatt brace- for the extra protection. I was wearing it when I broke my lower back, and feel that it helped prevent additional injury, considering the way that I fell
Shoei VFX-W helmet- One of the safest helmets you can buy, have "crash tested" one (see reason for Leatt), it seems to fit my head the best, comfortable, vents well, and it doesn't hurt that they look nice too

I bought the gear, boots and helmet through a local shop. They help me out, and I try to do as much business as I can locally. The Leatt was purchased online with my original Shoei a couple years back..figured I'd get them both at the same time.

I ride a KTM.
kzizok
Fantasy
1876th
9/23/2012 6:15pm
We are using AXO gear. They were a top company in the 80's and really waned for a long time. However, their new stuff is great in fit, style and quality. HIGHLY recommend considering AXO to those wanting a change. Usually run Shoei's but as of late really like the Fly helmet for fit, quality and price. Finally, Alpinestar boots are hard to beat, however, with a son that outgrows boots we are using AXO boots. The price is way better and they are great quality wise. Right now we are switiching back and forth between the Leatt and Alpinestars neck brace. The Leatt seems to fit better though.

Post a reply to: MX Gear

The Latest