MX Files?

RACERX69
Edited Date/Time 9/25/2012 7:36pm
Anyone know the status of this show? Heard there was another season in the works, but that was 3-4 years ago.
|
Bigshow
8/15/2012 6:42pm Edited Date/Time 8/15/2012 6:48pm
If you go to their website it shows multiple seasons. But they are on a channel hardly anyone gets, its Tufftv. They haven't been on Speed in along time. They want $30 an episode, I was going to buy some until I seen the price. I really like watching them, and they have done a J McGrath episode I really wanna watch. Bailey, Omara, Decoster, and Barnett are on youtube. Here is the web address http://motocrossfiles.com/tv-schedule just copy and paste it to your address bar. They have a list of what areas get Tufftv.
level
8/15/2012 7:06pm
I hope so. It's the best MX show there is.
MX-Files
8/17/2012 7:36am
Thanks for asking about the status of the show (and the kudos Level!). I think no one is more anxious to get the series back on the air other than myself. Not because of all the money to be made (their isn't) but because it is a passion project and the industry seems to appreciate it and their are a few of my friends and legends we still have to do a show on.

It seems like years since we started the series (2005) and finished it (2008). Oh, yeah is has been. I guess time has gone by and other projects that pay the bills have come up like our work for Lucas Oil (commercials), Feld Motor Sports (Legends of Supercross) and now the two web series for AlliSports (Young Guns and Orange Assault).

To give you a little info on how a show like this gets on the air and stays on the air. Speed picked the show up in 2005 as a "barter" deal. We give them the show for FREE and they give us some commercials for sponsors that we sell to try and pay for production. For a tidbit of mx sponsor trivia. This was Lucas Oil's first major MX sponsorship project.

We did this for the first three seasons making 5,7, and then 9 shows totaling 21. But, it was always a push with Speed that we had to practically beg to keep the show on because the ratings weren't there (they have never had much luck with ANY motorcycle programming).

So since 2008 we have been constantly looking for a network that will take the show without us having to do a "time buy". That's where we pay to produce the show AND pay them to put it on. There is just not the sponsor dollars to do that.

But there may be good news around the corner as we are "discussing" with a network to put the show back on for 2013. With this will come 9-13 new episodes and possibly the re-air of Season 3 since those are in HD. Plus on-going film "passion projects" like our John Penton project and yes...the 1981 MXdN we hope to have in 2013. (Sheesh!-I do want to ride my Yamaha Super Tenere once in a while!)

It will take sponsors to make it happen so if anyone out there knows of some companies that would like to be associated with "The Motocross Files" please let me know.

In the meantime, we will be revamping the web site/store as well as setting up a download program for the other 21 archived shows so stay tuned and always...THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT.
OW38B
Fantasy
181st
8/17/2012 8:51am
Cool Todd, best of luck getting the deal done for some more shows.

The Shop

level
8/17/2012 10:16am
Nice. Good luck getting some more episodes.

Who does Moto: Inside the Outdoors?

That freaking show is incredible. Love, love, love. Are you guys affiliated with that at all?

Post a reply to: MX Files?

The Latest