EngIceDave wrote:
DeReuver is a bad ass in sand

Remember the MXoN Lierop? He was flying, and was on a 125 if I remember right
Bidirella wrote:
250 2 stroke
I was there, but couldn't remember if 125 or 250
dimetime
4/9/2020 1:35pm
An oldie but goodie, the Jammer running a paddle tire at the sandy ass Oakland SX back in 79?

Won the main and then the AMA promptly outlawed paddle tires.
newmann
4/9/2020 1:40pm Edited Date/Time 4/9/2020 1:42pm
dimetime wrote:
An oldie but goodie, the Jammer running a paddle tire at the sandy ass Oakland SX back in 79? Won the main and then the AMA...
An oldie but goodie, the Jammer running a paddle tire at the sandy ass Oakland SX back in 79?

But they didn't outlaw riding with a broken neck and homemade neck brace until much later...Laughing

How bad was the Jammer's neck jacked up that day?

edit to add: Whiplash or psych job?
https://racerxonline.com/2011/01/27/this-week-in-kawasaki-sx-history-oa…

The Shop

Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
4/9/2020 1:41pm Edited Date/Time 4/9/2020 1:41pm
Remember when one rider got picked up over another that had much better results?
And paid the team Manager a hefty bonus under the table..

just kidding but there are probably some much more juicy stories behind the scenes that we aren't hearing about come on fella's spill the beans even if you have to make a fake screen name..
dimetime
4/9/2020 1:59pm
dimetime wrote:
An oldie but goodie, the Jammer running a paddle tire at the sandy ass Oakland SX back in 79? Won the main and then the AMA...

newmann wrote:
But they didn't outlaw riding with a broken neck and homemade neck brace until much later...:laugh: How bad was the Jammer's neck jacked up that day...
But they didn't outlaw riding with a broken neck and homemade neck brace until much later...Laughing

How bad was the Jammer's neck jacked up that day?

edit to add: Whiplash or psych job?
https://racerxonline.com/2011/01/27/this-week-in-kawasaki-sx-history-oa…

Ahhhhahahahaaaa. Totally forgot about that gigantic neck brace! It's like he's the fraudster on the Brady Bunch, now we just Papa Mike to drop a briefcase!
Johnny Ringo
4/9/2020 2:20pm
I love how all the Dunge fans are still butthurt about the bunching. He won the title! It’s been 3 years!
BobbyM
4/9/2020 2:21pm
JN137 wrote:
What are some of the more interesting conflicts you guys remember in our sport over the years? Whether it be professional racing or just industry related...
What are some of the more interesting conflicts you guys remember in our sport over the years? Whether it be professional racing or just industry related.

Off the top of my head - laser-gate, RC’s points with the gas situation
2 strokes gone from the scene. 1000 dollar plus exhaust system for a dirt bike.
Johnny Ringo
4/9/2020 2:25pm
Was it the 96 des nations that the promoters flooded the track to try to make the Americans lose? Spain maybe?
D_L118
4/9/2020 2:28pm
Was it the 96 des nations that the promoters flooded the track to try to make the Americans lose? Spain maybe?
97, nismes Belgium
I wouldn’t use the word flooded after rewatching the races
levimx22
Fantasy
2108th
4/9/2020 3:46pm
McDuff wrote:
When Andrea cut her hair and pretended to be her brother Andy after he crashed and got injured. That was wrong on so many levels
pretty damn unsportsmanlike if you ask meGrinning
Helda3
4/9/2020 4:04pm
ajk423 wrote:
I like both guys, I'm an mx fan not a individual r ider fan. While I agree he had all season to make the points up...
I like both guys, I'm an mx fan not a individual r
ider fan. While I agree he had all season to make the points up on the flip side dungey had all season to create a gap. If at the last race you're leading by your logic should they just not race? Because by bunching them up he had a fighting chance and don't do anything dirty. Just because dungey is "nice" is irrelevant. im sure Tomac is also "nice." Zach cleaned out savatgy, were you ok with that? Same race same circumstance. Like I said I don't like one guy better than the other so my judgement isnt clouded with emotions in this case like a lot of guys
agn5009 wrote:
Yep I'm a huge Dungey fan. Hes my favorite of all time. I dont dislike Tomac but hes not the guy I currently root for. Tomac...
Yep I'm a huge Dungey fan. Hes my favorite of all time. I dont dislike Tomac but hes not the guy I currently root for. Tomac bunching guys up was a solid game plan to win the title. He wasnt trying to hurt Dungey or anyone else so why would anyone have a problem with it.
TDeath21 wrote:
He continuously slowed up and ran Dungey off the track in attempts to take him out. That’s beyond just bunching them up.
Absolute rubbish, have you even need raced, if he wanted to take him down he would of...
Helda3
4/9/2020 4:08pm
ajk423 wrote:
I like both guys, I'm an mx fan not a individual r ider fan. While I agree he had all season to make the points up...
I like both guys, I'm an mx fan not a individual r
ider fan. While I agree he had all season to make the points up on the flip side dungey had all season to create a gap. If at the last race you're leading by your logic should they just not race? Because by bunching them up he had a fighting chance and don't do anything dirty. Just because dungey is "nice" is irrelevant. im sure Tomac is also "nice." Zach cleaned out savatgy, were you ok with that? Same race same circumstance. Like I said I don't like one guy better than the other so my judgement isnt clouded with emotions in this case like a lot of guys
agn5009 wrote:
Yep I'm a huge Dungey fan. Hes my favorite of all time. I dont dislike Tomac but hes not the guy I currently root for. Tomac...
Yep I'm a huge Dungey fan. Hes my favorite of all time. I dont dislike Tomac but hes not the guy I currently root for. Tomac bunching guys up was a solid game plan to win the title. He wasnt trying to hurt Dungey or anyone else so why would anyone have a problem with it.
TDeath21 wrote:
He continuously slowed up and ran Dungey off the track in attempts to take him out. That’s beyond just bunching them up.
Absolute rubbish, have you even ever raced, if he wanted to take him down he would of...
scott_nz
Fantasy
597th
4/9/2020 4:09pm
agn5009 wrote:
TDeath21 wrote:
Helda3 wrote:
Absolute rubbish, have you even need raced, if he wanted to take him down he would of...
agreed, the only person to actually take anyone out in that race was Anderson on Reed when he took advantage of the bunching up of the top 5,
4/9/2020 4:23pm
Jason Thomas taking out Mike Picone on the way back to the pits at Dade City!!! Laughing
newmann
4/9/2020 4:54pm
JN137 wrote:
What are some of the more interesting conflicts you guys remember in our sport over the years? Whether it be professional racing or just industry related...
What are some of the more interesting conflicts you guys remember in our sport over the years? Whether it be professional racing or just industry related.

Off the top of my head - laser-gate, RC’s points with the gas situation
BobbyM wrote:
2 strokes gone from the scene. 1000 dollar plus exhaust system for a dirt bike.
Preach it Bobby M!
ts.p311
4/9/2020 5:00pm
Kyle Chisholm taking Reed wide when Reed was lapping him.
4/9/2020 5:22pm
Was moving to Saturday Nations really such a bad thing for you all?
It was a great thing to allow us Aussies to watch mx early on Sunday mornings!
JN137
Fantasy
576th
4/9/2020 5:42pm
Was moving to Saturday Nations really such a bad thing for you all? It was a great thing to allow us Aussies to watch mx early...
No, people just like to complain!
Dust601
4/9/2020 5:58pm
Was moving to Saturday Nations really such a bad thing for you all? It was a great thing to allow us Aussies to watch mx early...
I love them being on Saturday, especially for the ones I’ve gone to. I live about 3 hours give, or take from 3 different nationals. It’s nice not being in any sorta rush afterwards to get back home, because of work the next day
Adam43
4/9/2020 10:28pm
There was a great ‘Electronic Ping’ column where he chronicled all the EPO in rider’s fridges and their typical cycle regimen.

It was quickly scrubbed!

Boomslang
Fantasy
657th
4/9/2020 11:12pm
newmann wrote:
Biggest Pussy Move Of The Sport Ever award goes to Josh Grant for the take out of Mike Alessi's freshly repaired knee.
Biggest Pussy Move Of The Sport Ever award goes to Josh Grant for the take out of Mike Alessi's freshly repaired knee.

That did not look intentional by Grant and Alessi should not have run the risk so soon after a major knee op. Just my two cents.
Boomslang
Fantasy
657th
4/9/2020 11:15pm
Jdawggg wrote:
Mike Goodwin and Micky Thompson...2 people murdered and a man in prison for the rest of his life
That is movie material right there...
jemcee
4/9/2020 11:35pm
newmann wrote:

Boomslang wrote:
That did not look intentional by Grant and Alessi should not have run the risk so soon after a major knee op. Just my two cents.
I agree 100%
If you can't withstand contact you shouldn't be out there
TKL965
4/10/2020 1:01am
this is a great thread, this wasnt a controversy but always laughed how preston was steaming on camera

4/10/2020 5:12am
scott_nz wrote:
the 800's take out and go for the kill switch on Tedesco 05, was pretty big stuff at the time, probably the most un-sportsman like thing...
the 800's take out and go for the kill switch on Tedesco 05, was pretty big stuff at the time, probably the most un-sportsman like thing i have ever seen in moto,

Boomslang wrote:
That was a pretty shit move and I'm guessing Mike regrets it to this day.

Tomac trying to “bunch Dungey up” at Vegas in 17 was pretty damn unsportsmanlike. I know this place is full of Tomac fans and they don’t...
Tomac trying to “bunch Dungey up” at Vegas in 17 was pretty damn unsportsmanlike.

I know this place is full of Tomac fans and they don’t like to admit it, but he had all season to make up the points with consistent finishes but he waited until the last race to pull several attempts at crashing one of the nicest dudes in the sport.

The thumbs down on this speaks for itself.
If your good enough to bunch the field and it’s your only shot at a 450 SX title you go for it.
I don’t understand people’s problem with it.
As a fan it was great! More bunching I say lol.

Post a reply to: MX Controversies

The Latest