MX Controversies

newmann
4/9/2020 7:02am
Biggest Pussy Move Of The Sport Ever award goes to Josh Grant for the take out of Mike Alessi's freshly repaired knee.

greenmx5
4/9/2020 7:08am
scott_nz wrote:
the 800's take out and go for the kill switch on Tedesco 05, was pretty big stuff at the time, probably the most un-sportsman like thing...
the 800's take out and go for the kill switch on Tedesco 05, was pretty big stuff at the time, probably the most un-sportsman like thing i have ever seen in moto,

GIwasB4
4/9/2020 7:08am
alphado wrote:
When the Weege brought his band of RacerX goons to the Pitbike Supermoto series at The Lube in Sharon to take me out! [img]https://yamaboy.com/gallery/albums/userpics/alphadocrashcheaters5B15D.gif[/img]
When the Weege brought his band of RacerX goons to the Pitbike Supermoto series at The Lube in Sharon to take me out!

Considering the amount of "MX journalists" that were involved in it, that has to be the most under rated, under reported conspiracy in this thread.
spimx
4/9/2020 7:33am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Toradol with no prescription.
Boomslang wrote:
Thanks Maverick...so basically pain meds with no prescription. Contract terminated because of that? They could have handled it differently as in getting help for him. Pain...
Thanks Maverick...so basically pain meds with no prescription. Contract terminated because of that?

They could have handled it differently as in getting help for him. Pain tabs are a common problem with mx athletes.

Toradol is not an opiate, it's just like a stronger version of ibuprofen. It's not addictive at all.

The Shop

ga_pike
4/9/2020 7:33am
Didn't Ron Lechien punch Ricky Johnson in the pits one year?
ATKpilot99
4/9/2020 7:38am
Jeff Ward going the wrong way on the track in the last event of the 85 SX season. I think it was during a heat and if he was disqualified he would not have gone to the main and Glover would have won the title. Glover's appeal was denied and Ward was officially awarded the championship later.
nealb129
4/9/2020 8:01am
newmann wrote:
Biggest Pussy Move Of The Sport Ever award goes to Josh Grant for the take out of Mike Alessi's freshly repaired knee.

Relax.. the “universe” got him back
stremme12
Fantasy
3693rd
4/9/2020 8:05am
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/64/photos/9530/s600_003122907dirtydozen.jpg[/img]
newmann wrote:
That right there was f'n beautiful. JLaw writing checks with his mouth that his ass couldn't cover. Villo and Dungey both showed him how it gets...
That right there was f'n beautiful. JLaw writing checks with his mouth that his ass couldn't cover. Villo and Dungey both showed him how it gets done. Damn shame too because Jason could beat both of them. He tried to mindfuck Villo and Dungey but it can never work when they are both living rent free in your head. LaughingLaughingLaughing
Well he did win a Lites championship against Dungey in 08 so you can't say it never worked. It for sure worked at least once.
foreman52
Fantasy
3178th
4/9/2020 8:07am
JLaw versus Dungey both on the track and for gear companies.
Stewart coming back on the track and not looking and Preston smashing into him
250 Osborne Vegas chanpionship win - that whole moto was insane - best race I’ve ever watched.
Anything with JLaw
EngIceDave
4/9/2020 8:09am
Alex Snow, friend of Chatfield, is who won the truck in AZ
D_L118
4/9/2020 8:12am
Boomslang wrote:
I remember and I stand to be corrected over the location but I think it was Mount Morris in 99. There was major drama involving Michael...
I remember and I stand to be corrected over the location but I think it was Mount Morris in 99.

There was major drama involving Michael Pichon and his dad over parking in the the pits. Such a minor issue turned bad real quick.

A notable mention - there was a team semi driver who went all nuts and quit during race day....
D_L118 wrote:
I also remember some drama with pichon’s dad at tve grobbendonk gp. Hit a flagger or something lije that? Can’t exactly remember, was really young at...
I also remember some drama with pichon’s dad at tve grobbendonk gp. Hit a flagger or something lije that? Can’t exactly remember, was really young at the time
Boomslang wrote:
There was also drama between Pichon and Everts at the South African GP. Pichon waited for Everts to come around before he made his move. Ill...
There was also drama between Pichon and Everts at the South African GP. Pichon waited for Everts to come around before he made his move. Ill try find the exact story to post here.

Didn’t Everts crash? Walked on the track and threw his goggles to Pichon?
feelit2morrow
Fantasy
500th
4/9/2020 8:45am
I forgot about the Alessi incident. If that happened to a title contender these days the instigator would be crucified.
TDeath21
4/9/2020 8:59am
Tomac trying to “bunch Dungey up” at Vegas in 17 was pretty damn unsportsmanlike. I know this place is full of Tomac fans and they don’t...
Tomac trying to “bunch Dungey up” at Vegas in 17 was pretty damn unsportsmanlike.

I know this place is full of Tomac fans and they don’t like to admit it, but he had all season to make up the points with consistent finishes but he waited until the last race to pull several attempts at crashing one of the nicest dudes in the sport.

ajk423 wrote:
I like both guys, I'm an mx fan not a individual r ider fan. While I agree he had all season to make the points up...
I like both guys, I'm an mx fan not a individual r
ider fan. While I agree he had all season to make the points up on the flip side dungey had all season to create a gap. If at the last race you're leading by your logic should they just not race? Because by bunching them up he had a fighting chance and don't do anything dirty. Just because dungey is "nice" is irrelevant. im sure Tomac is also "nice." Zach cleaned out savatgy, were you ok with that? Same race same circumstance. Like I said I don't like one guy better than the other so my judgement isnt clouded with emotions in this case like a lot of guys
agn5009 wrote:
Yep I'm a huge Dungey fan. Hes my favorite of all time. I dont dislike Tomac but hes not the guy I currently root for. Tomac...
Yep I'm a huge Dungey fan. Hes my favorite of all time. I dont dislike Tomac but hes not the guy I currently root for. Tomac bunching guys up was a solid game plan to win the title. He wasnt trying to hurt Dungey or anyone else so why would anyone have a problem with it.
He continuously slowed up and ran Dungey off the track in attempts to take him out. That’s beyond just bunching them up.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
4/9/2020 9:01am
'04 MXDN: It was supposed to be in the United States, and for some reason, the FIM awarded the track location to promoters in San Jacinto, CA at a little-known track called Competition Park. (I rode there a lot; great track. Not International Race Caliber.)
The promoters were planning to build an all-new track on a nearby Indian reservation, but delays in permits and internal squabbling made it a fiasco. About two weeks before the race there was still no track, no facilities and no permission; the Indians basically locked the gates to the property and said, "No races here. Go away."
I don't remember if an official MXDN was ever held elsewhere, but Glen Helen set up a hasty "International Cup" race for the teams who were already here and wanted to race. It was a cool race (I attended; Chad Reed smoked everyone,) but wasn't a full-fledged team event.
EngIceDave
4/9/2020 9:06am Edited Date/Time 4/9/2020 9:07am
Falcon wrote:
'04 MXDN: It was supposed to be in the United States, and for some reason, the FIM awarded the track location to promoters in San Jacinto...
'04 MXDN: It was supposed to be in the United States, and for some reason, the FIM awarded the track location to promoters in San Jacinto, CA at a little-known track called Competition Park. (I rode there a lot; great track. Not International Race Caliber.)
The promoters were planning to build an all-new track on a nearby Indian reservation, but delays in permits and internal squabbling made it a fiasco. About two weeks before the race there was still no track, no facilities and no permission; the Indians basically locked the gates to the property and said, "No races here. Go away."
I don't remember if an official MXDN was ever held elsewhere, but Glen Helen set up a hasty "International Cup" race for the teams who were already here and wanted to race. It was a cool race (I attended; Chad Reed smoked everyone,) but wasn't a full-fledged team event.
No joke, I got a phone call, the day of, and one hour before, it was cancelled

I had already heard rumor, and all the roads pointed to failure, so when I got a phone call from some sales guy going "oh np, it's fine, we'll race",. and in my mind, I knew it was bullshit

This was for sponsor and/or vendor space

One hour later, news broke the event was toast
Bidirella
4/9/2020 9:26am
From the GP side

-Everts trowing goggles on track to Pichon at the South African GP
-Cairoli and Guarneri crashing together at the French GP, Cairoli starts to kick Guarneri who is still on the ground.
-Herlings vs Searle got intense and wild between those and the fans
-Herlings cleaning out Tonus at the French GP
-Herlings screams and tells some bad words to Poccok on live TV just after the moto.
-Cairoli vs Herlings starts (Cairoli always came straight over to Herlings)
-Cairoli vs Herlings battles
-De Reuver podium and winning last GP moto of the year on the factory Rinaldi Yamaha at Lierop,while the whole year he didn’t do anything. Talks of used PEDS at that time.
-De Reuver having issues with the Rinaldi team, failing on purpose to qualified for the GP of Namur.
ATKpilot99
4/9/2020 9:27am
Falcon wrote:
'04 MXDN: It was supposed to be in the United States, and for some reason, the FIM awarded the track location to promoters in San Jacinto...
Wasn't that 02 ? The 04 MXDN was at Leirop and we didn't send a team because no one but RC wanted to go . Not sure he even wanted to.
EngIceDave
4/9/2020 9:31am
DeReuver is a bad ass in sand

Remember the MXoN Lierop? He was flying, and was on a 125 if I remember right
ATKpilot99
4/9/2020 9:37am
EngIceDave wrote:

He was flying. May have been a 125 not sure. 2 stroke for sure.
Harry_Gray
4/9/2020 9:48am
Silas444 wrote:
These are all interesting tales, but they pale in comparison to Czechoslovakian rider Jaroslav Fanta being robbed of the world championship by Russian riders operating under...
These are all interesting tales, but they pale in comparison to Czechoslovakian rider Jaroslav Fanta being robbed of the world championship by Russian riders operating under Russian State orders. That particular year (mid-70s, can't remember the exact year), the championship had come down to the last moto, and in the most outrageous act of team tactics ever, Guennady Moisseev's teammates slowed down enough to be lapped by Falta, and when he tried to pass them, they set him up, T-boned him, and ran over him - and that was that. Moisseev was crowned the victor of both the race and the championship, and because Russia had nothing resembling and honest media, no one in Russia knew anything peculiar had happened; and because the F.I.M. was scared of the Russian government, no real retribution ever happened either. I remember reading all about it in MXA. I was just a kid, and I remember it being so upsetting my stomach hurt. The worst part of all this was: Moisseev wasn't a bad guy, but from that day on, he was certainly seen as one.
Didn't some of the GP regulars like Sylvian Geobers and a few other racers tried to wedge themselves between the Russian "racers" so Falta could have a chance? I honestly think that situation was way worse than the "let broc bye" mess.
newmann
4/9/2020 9:54am
Falcon wrote:
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Wasn't that 02 ? The 04 MXDN was at Leirop and we didn't send a team because no one but RC wanted to go . Not...
Wasn't that 02 ? The 04 MXDN was at Leirop and we didn't send a team because no one but RC wanted to go . Not sure he even wanted to.
Yep, it was 2002. Anyone remember Rick Doughty of Vintage Iron jumping in at the last minute and seeing to it that a race actually took place.
500guy
4/9/2020 10:28am
Anyone remember when Langston landed on Some Lady that was riding Practice day at Glen Helen?

That was a melt down

Baby arm track Lawsuit

AMA selling AMA Pro Racing and Youthstream trying to take over

CrossX Yamaha Team that was a Scam, Yamaha seems to get taken advantage of a lot.

Bigfoot
4/9/2020 10:36am
Jake-247 wrote:
Whatever was in davi’s locker?
Boomslang wrote:
Ya, would be interesting to know what was in the locker.
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Toradol with no prescription.
Nah. It was...
Jdawggg
4/9/2020 10:48am
Mike Goodwin and Micky Thompson...2 people murdered and a man in prison for the rest of his life
cz2crf2wc
4/9/2020 10:55am
Brad Lackey not being able to race a GP in Italy because of timing issues in practice.
Bidirella
4/9/2020 11:26am
EngIceDave wrote:

250 2 stroke
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
4/9/2020 11:29am
Tomac trying to “bunch Dungey up” at Vegas in 17 was pretty damn unsportsmanlike. I know this place is full of Tomac fans and they don’t...
Tomac trying to “bunch Dungey up” at Vegas in 17 was pretty damn unsportsmanlike.

I know this place is full of Tomac fans and they don’t like to admit it, but he had all season to make up the points with consistent finishes but he waited until the last race to pull several attempts at crashing one of the nicest dudes in the sport.

You have to add all the Ktm and husky riders not passing dung and even taking out reed to help dungey.

If anyone says this is not a real sport. They Need to watch the last few rounds of they series
McDuff
4/9/2020 11:44am
When Andrea cut her hair and pretended to be her brother Andy after he crashed and got injured. That was wrong on so many levels

Post a reply to: MX Controversies

The Latest