MTF Statement re Carter Luck

mtfmx
Edited Date/Time 5/20/2015 10:36pm
The following is a statement by Colleen Millsaps in response to the revelation that Carter Luck, a full time rider at MTF from 2008-2010 and a 2014 summer intern, has been sanctioned by USADA for use of illegal performance enhancing drugs.

Millsaps Training Facility (MTF) is surprised and saddened by the news that Carter Luck, a former amateur rider and one-time fitness trainer intern, has admitted to the use of performance enhancing drugs. We do however commend his honesty and cooperation with law enforcement.

Carter trained at MTF from 2008-2010, until an injury at Loretta Lynn’s in 2010 ended his motocross career.Additionally, Carter was at MTF for two months during the summer of 2014 as an intern fitness trainer.

Carter has provided the following statement: "It is with great regret and sadness to have to address my sanction during this difficult time for my family. I have fully accepted the USADA sanction for the use of PEDs during the six-week period beginning August 2013. I am ashamed of my actions and will forever regret my poor choice. Millsaps Training Facility was unaware of this incident until I came forward. I never used drugs during my time at MTF. The MTF athletes had no knowledge or involvement in my use of PEDs”.

At no time was the management of MTF aware of Carter Luck’s use of performance enhancing drugs. MTF has been, and remains, 100% committed to training programs that are free of performance enhancing drugs. In addition, we routinely screen for recreational drug use and transgressors are immediately dismissed from the training program.

Colleen Millsaps
|
kawasa84
5/20/2015 9:24am
At least their trying to be upfront about this.
They could have taken the approach of, "we hear nothing".
hvaughn88
5/20/2015 9:27am
This whole thing is just odd. It almost seems like both sides have created more questions than answers by their statements.
FALCON70
5/20/2015 9:35am
He must have gotten busted with something super heavy or large amounts of it. And the first thing any organization do is distance themselves from that person.
this has nothing to do with MTF as most cases it's the individual. Like when a pro player gets busted with large amounts of drugs or a murder. It has nothing to do with the team they are on.

there is something fishy going on in our sport. We are not Hollywood we are motocross racers.

Jason
North Carolina
The guy with a pickup truck and a bike in the back simple as that.

The Shop

Motofinne
5/20/2015 9:36am
kawasa84 wrote:
At least their trying to be upfront about this.
They could have taken the approach of, "we hear nothing".
"We hear nothing" would't have been possible in a situation like this. The statement above is the one and only statement that is possible in a situation like this.

But i hope more people start taking these things more seriously and i'm certain that WADA will start monitoring MX/SX around the world more frequently if they notice an pattern of "doping" cases in our sport.
RPM68
5/20/2015 10:32am
This in addition to Davi's trouble, seems very interesting. Makes me wonder...
Darryl916
5/20/2015 10:42am
"There is a drug ring inside MXSports"

-Tony Alessi
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
5/20/2015 10:45am
RPM68 wrote:
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest there's zero connection between the two.

I'm actually happy to see MTF respond. Frankly, Davi's response in Santa Clara, "I've got nothing for you," was pretty bad. I hear that's pretty much the same response he gave to other teams asking why he was let go...which might explain why he's putting together his own program at the moment.
RPM68
5/20/2015 10:50am
RPM68 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest there's zero connection between the two. I'm actually happy to see MTF respond. Frankly, Davi's response...
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest there's zero connection between the two.

I'm actually happy to see MTF respond. Frankly, Davi's response in Santa Clara, "I've got nothing for you," was pretty bad. I hear that's pretty much the same response he gave to other teams asking why he was let go...which might explain why he's putting together his own program at the moment.
Thanks for clearing that up, you gotta admit its fishy!

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
5/20/2015 10:51am Edited Date/Time 5/20/2015 10:51am
RPM68 wrote:
Thanks for clearing that up, you gotta admit its fishy!

I think it's coincidental...and unfortunate.
huck
5/20/2015 12:03pm
Darryl916 wrote:

-Tony Alessi
hillbilly wrote:
Wtf?
Did you miss the whole "there's a drug ring inside MXSports" from Tony Alessi a year or two ago? It was some good stuff....
pb465
5/20/2015 12:12pm
RPM68 wrote:
You have to remember Davi hasn't ridden or trained with MTF in over 10 years. Having been there from 2005-2010 I can assure you this is not part of their program.
ridge
5/20/2015 12:55pm
Am I the only one who thinks this Luck guy is a bit of an attention whore?
5/20/2015 1:21pm
ridge wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks this Luck guy is a bit of an attention whore?
...yes...

Haha...LOL...Tongue
Darryl916
5/20/2015 1:49pm
Darryl916 wrote:

-Tony Alessi
hillbilly wrote:
Wtf?
huck wrote:
Did you miss the whole "there's a drug ring inside MXSports" from Tony Alessi a year or two ago? It was some good stuff....
Someone doesn't listen to Pulpmx.

Hillbilly, go download the app and listen to the sound bites. Pretty funny. Better yet go in the archives and listen to that whole episode. I assure you it will make Vital make a lot more sense.
Dissident
5/20/2015 4:24pm Edited Date/Time 5/20/2015 4:25pm
Darryl916 wrote:

-Tony Alessi
I think there is more truth to this than others may believe.

You'll see Davi do some damage control and try to chime in here once in awhile, but ultimately I think hes shaking in his boots trying to figure out how to diffuse this sort of thing becsuse it's going to damage the sport..and it can't really afford to be damaged.

I think alot of people that are "in the know" are sick of a certain few riders training with certain trainers getting away with it and it can only go on for so long

RV going to europe isn't some kind of bucket list thing for him..it's damage control Wink
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
5/20/2015 4:33pm
Dissident wrote:
I think there is more truth to this than others may believe. You'll see Davi do some damage control and try to chime in here once...

You'll see Davi do some damage control and try to chime in here once in awhile, but ultimately I think hes shaking in his boots trying to figure out how to diffuse this sort of thing becsuse it's going to damage the sport..and it can't really afford to be damaged.

I think alot of people that are "in the know" are sick of a certain few riders training with certain trainers getting away with it and it can only go on for so long

RV going to europe isn't some kind of bucket list thing for him..it's damage control Wink
Nice tinfoil hat, bro.
dboivin
5/20/2015 4:50pm
Dissident wrote:
I think there is more truth to this than others may believe. You'll see Davi do some damage control and try to chime in here once...

GuyB wrote:
Nice tinfoil hat, bro.
evidently the drug testing in the GP's aren't as good...lmao

i swear this board sometimes. its amazing how the internet gives certain types a license to be very retarded.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
5/20/2015 4:57pm
dboivin wrote:
evidently the drug testing in the GP's aren't as good...lmao i swear this board sometimes. its amazing how the internet gives certain types a license to...
evidently the drug testing in the GP's aren't as good...lmao

i swear this board sometimes. its amazing how the internet gives certain types a license to be very retarded.
We could experiment with a breathalyzer, where you have to be under the legal limit to post. I swear, sometimes I think that would explain Saturday nights.

But then there's the rest of the week.
k_mill
5/20/2015 6:02pm Edited Date/Time 5/20/2015 6:03pm
A key part of this whole thing is that Carter voluntarily admitted to using hGH and testosterone, for a 6 week period in 2013, to USADA. He did so with a specific goal in mind, get USADA more involved in amateur and professional motocross. Drugs are becoming much more prevalent in our sport, especially in the amateur ranks whether you want to believe it or not. Frankly it makes sense, so much pressure is put on these kids to be the next JS or RC that they will look for any way to get ahead. He did the right thing in coming forward and he's moving on with his life. Though unfortunately it seems as though he jumped on this grenade for nothing, as USADA seems to have little interest in implementing drug testing into amateur racing.

I can't say as much for MTF and Davi, but I highly doubt there's a connection there. The people who are supplying these drugs are of a 3rd party.

A. DLeary
5/20/2015 6:43pm
My opinion on the thing.
The only sport to have a true epidemic on their hands was Olympic running. They basically created the worlds fastest man in a science lab.

From studies I've seen the other sports have a pretty similar percentage of their population using PED's, as well as illegal street drugs etc etc.

The people that feel nobody in this sport is using PED's will claim this guy is an attention whore and look away. People that feel all the top riders are using PEDs will use this as "evidence" we have a major epidemic in this sport. At the end of the day the truth is similar to that of other sports IMO. Some will use and some won't.
Excaliburbmx
5/20/2015 6:49pm
Dissident wrote:

GuyB wrote:
Nice tinfoil hat, bro.
X10000000000
JMR1976
5/20/2015 7:17pm
Why was this guy even tested?
ridge
5/20/2015 7:59pm
A. DLeary wrote:
My opinion on the thing. The only sport to have a true epidemic on their hands was Olympic running. They basically created the worlds fastest man...
My opinion on the thing.
The only sport to have a true epidemic on their hands was Olympic running. They basically created the worlds fastest man in a science lab.

From studies I've seen the other sports have a pretty similar percentage of their population using PED's, as well as illegal street drugs etc etc.

The people that feel nobody in this sport is using PED's will claim this guy is an attention whore and look away. People that feel all the top riders are using PEDs will use this as "evidence" we have a major epidemic in this sport. At the end of the day the truth is similar to that of other sports IMO. Some will use and some won't.
Nobody has ever heard of Carter Luck, he was never tested, nor under any kind of investigation, and he voluntarily admits to using PEDS...that has "look at me" written all over it. That is an attention whore.

Please explain how "the same percentage as other sports" are getting away with it (if they are using). And, I'm not totally disagreeing with you. I thought more guys would have busted by now.

Since USADA has become a part of motocross, the exact same guys are winning, the exact same guys are still finishing 4th-10th.

So, either pro motocrossers (sans 1) are smarter than USADA, or not many racers are using. It has to be one or the other.
ridge
5/20/2015 8:00pm
JMR1976 wrote:
Why was this guy even tested?
He wasn't tested. He is bringing this all on himself for some reason.

Maybe more to the story that hasn't come out yet...but who knows?
500guy
5/20/2015 8:04pm
ridge wrote:
Nobody has ever heard of Carter Luck, he was never tested, nor under any kind of investigation, and he voluntarily admits to using PEDS...that has "look...
Nobody has ever heard of Carter Luck, he was never tested, nor under any kind of investigation, and he voluntarily admits to using PEDS...that has "look at me" written all over it. That is an attention whore.

Please explain how "the same percentage as other sports" are getting away with it (if they are using). And, I'm not totally disagreeing with you. I thought more guys would have busted by now.

Since USADA has become a part of motocross, the exact same guys are winning, the exact same guys are still finishing 4th-10th.

So, either pro motocrossers (sans 1) are smarter than USADA, or not many racers are using. It has to be one or the other.
The whole thing reads to me like a guy who feels wronged by MTF and finds a way to screw them while pretending to be the guy on a white horse.
Xracerdone
5/20/2015 8:07pm
He's a pro motocross racer who hasn't been in a normal classroom for a very long time. We need to consider the possibility that he is just really dumb.
500guy
5/20/2015 8:09pm
Xracerdone wrote:
He's a pro motocross racer who hasn't been in a normal classroom for a very long time. We need to consider the possibility that he is...
He's a pro motocross racer who hasn't been in a normal classroom for a very long time. We need to consider the possibility that he is just really dumb.
Well there's always that if you throw out the theory that fast riders are exceptionally Smart like famous Actors.
k_mill
5/20/2015 8:16pm
Xracerdone wrote:
He's a pro motocross racer who hasn't been in a normal classroom for a very long time. We need to consider the possibility that he is...
500guy wrote:
Well there's always that if you throw out the theory that fast riders are exceptionally Smart like famous Actors.
He just graduated college...

Post a reply to: MTF Statement re Carter Luck

The Latest