MSR Axxis gear question

MXD
Edited Date/Time 7/7/2014 10:58am
I like the new MSR Axxis gear and I'm going to order a set but before I do, I wanted to hear from some guys who have it already about the fit. Most 36 pants and most XL jerseys fit me perfect but some are a little tight in the thighs and shoulders. Does the Axxis stuff have leg room or is more like Fox which runs a bit tight and small in my experience?

Thanks
|
FGR01
Fantasy
1327th
7/4/2014 5:39am
The Axxis stuff has pretty much room in the thighs and knees. The problem I did have with it was not having the waist band adjusters. They were loose on my waist and would slide down. If they fit you snug this probably wouldn't be a problem.
MXD
7/4/2014 6:11am
FGR01 wrote:
The Axxis stuff has pretty much room in the thighs and knees. The problem I did have with it was not having the waist band adjusters...
The Axxis stuff has pretty much room in the thighs and knees. The problem I did have with it was not having the waist band adjusters. They were loose on my waist and would slide down. If they fit you snug this probably wouldn't be a problem.
So it sounds like if anything, they might run a bit big. When you say no waist band adjusters are you referring to the plastic belt clip above the zipper or are there other adjustments on the sides that are missing?
FGR01
Fantasy
1327th
7/4/2014 6:52am
The higher end MSR pants have the velcro size adjuster tabs on both sides. 34's are snug on me so I run 36's and then crank the adjusters all the way tight. With the Axxis, you don't have this option.
danzig138
Fantasy
4080th
7/4/2014 1:06pm
MXD wrote:
I like the new MSR Axxis gear and I'm going to order a set but before I do, I wanted to hear from some guys who...
I like the new MSR Axxis gear and I'm going to order a set but before I do, I wanted to hear from some guys who have it already about the fit. Most 36 pants and most XL jerseys fit me perfect but some are a little tight in the thighs and shoulders. Does the Axxis stuff have leg room or is more like Fox which runs a bit tight and small in my experience?

Thanks
If you have the option, maybe run to your local shop that carries Axxis and try on a few pairs and see what fits the best.

I feel like our whole MSR line should have Velcro adjusters - i'll push the idea for future releases

Hope you guys enjoy the new line!

-D

The Shop

MXD
7/4/2014 1:11pm
MXD wrote:
I like the new MSR Axxis gear and I'm going to order a set but before I do, I wanted to hear from some guys who...

Thanks
danzig138 wrote:
If you have the option, maybe run to your local shop that carries Axxis and try on a few pairs and see what fits the best...
If you have the option, maybe run to your local shop that carries Axxis and try on a few pairs and see what fits the best.

I feel like our whole MSR line should have Velcro adjusters - i'll push the idea for future releases

-D
Unfortunately, my local dealer only stocks Fox so that's not an option for me. I need to take a best guess and cross my fingers that when it shows up it fits. It makes it difficult to support a particular brand when it's not on the shelves. That's not MSR's fault, I blame the local dealer for that which is why I'm willing to take a chance and order without trying it on.
danzig138
Fantasy
4080th
7/4/2014 1:17pm
MXD wrote:

Thanks
danzig138 wrote:
If you have the option, maybe run to your local shop that carries Axxis and try on a few pairs and see what fits the best...

-D
MXD wrote:
Unfortunately, my local dealer only stocks Fox so that's not an option for me. I need to take a best guess and cross my fingers that...
Unfortunately, my local dealer only stocks Fox so that's not an option for me. I need to take a best guess and cross my fingers that when it shows up it fits. It makes it difficult to support a particular brand when it's not on the shelves. That's not MSR's fault, I blame the local dealer for that which is why I'm willing to take a chance and order without trying it on.
I'll get you dialed in, if you have any problems just message me!

MXD
7/4/2014 1:22pm Edited Date/Time 7/4/2014 1:23pm
danzig138 wrote:

-D
MXD wrote:
Unfortunately, my local dealer only stocks Fox so that's not an option for me. I need to take a best guess and cross my fingers that...
danzig138 wrote:

Thank you! Customer service like that will make people run through brick walls to support a company. I'll swing into my local dealer tomorrow and let you know what they say. Typically, if they don't stock it, I can't return it if it's a special order and that's my big reservation.
scooterB
7/4/2014 2:40pm
i got some of the new axxis stuff in green/yellow - really like it.

the fit is pretty close to regular pant size in the waist..but like said before they are just missing adjusters

a little more spacious than normal in the crotch/thigh area in my opinion, which is nice. not like the Scott stuff id been sporting

ordered my jersey one size bigger than my tshirts, but i prefer a baggier fit
MXD
7/7/2014 6:57am
danzig138 wrote:

I have no idea if I did it right or not so I'm not sure if you received it but I sent you a PM over the weekend. Let me know if you didn't get it. Thanks.
danzig138
Fantasy
4080th
7/7/2014 10:58am
danzig138 wrote:

MXD wrote:
I have no idea if I did it right or not so I'm not sure if you received it but I sent you a PM over...
I have no idea if I did it right or not so I'm not sure if you received it but I sent you a PM over the weekend. Let me know if you didn't get it. Thanks.
Got it! Check your email / inbox

Post a reply to: MSR Axxis gear question

The Latest