MSO for Bike Company No Longer in Business

lukaitis9
Edited Date/Time 8/8/2013 5:59am
Help-

Is there a way to get an MSO for a bike company that is no longer in business?

Or how do I sell it and transfer ownership?

Thanks
|
newmann
8/7/2013 9:05am
What is it? Do you really need one? MSO doesn't do you much good in Texas.
TeamGreen
8/7/2013 9:08am
lukaitis9 wrote:
Help- Is there a way to get an MSO for a bike company that is no longer in business? Or how do I sell it and...
Help-

Is there a way to get an MSO for a bike company that is no longer in business?

Or how do I sell it and transfer ownership?

Thanks
In Cali...the DMV will create a title for a vehicle if one doesn't already exist. This applies only if you want it legally titled and/or registered.
lukaitis9
8/7/2013 11:41am
Thanks guys.
It's for a VOR Supermoto.
The problem is it might actually be street legal and getting it registered will be difficult.
500guy
8/7/2013 12:20pm
lukaitis9 wrote:
Thanks guys.
It's for a VOR Supermoto.
The problem is it might actually be street legal and getting it registered will be difficult.
You might need to get a title Bond , then they will issue a certificate of Title.

The Shop

SEE ARE125
8/7/2013 12:42pm Edited Date/Time 8/7/2013 12:55pm
As far as transferring ownership, a notarized bill of sale should work. But for getting it registered for use on the street may be a different story. Was it ever registered? Whoever it was registered to last should be able to file for a lost title. Not familiar with NJ, but maybe this will help?

http://www.nj.gov/mvc/Vehicle/Motorcycles.htm

Just from reading that site, it doesn't appear VOR is on their approved list to "meet the minimum safety standards" which means you need this:

If the manufacturer does not appear on the approved list, you must also provide: A color photo of the NHTSA label
A color photo of the EPA Noise Emissions label**
A color photo of the EPA Exhaust Emissions label**
A color photo of the side of the motorcycle
Proof of insurance and pay the title and registration fee

There's also a link to register motorcycles that are missing MCO and/or have never been titled. Hope that helps, good luck.
8/7/2013 1:10pm
Scott. If the company is kaput ur not gonna get an MSO / CO
If its street legal & was never titled your Jersey DMV will have no record of it. Non street legal scoots Jersey doesn't title.but I'm sure u knew that
Bill of sale means nothing. Anyone can print one up in their bedroom.
The dealer should have a copy of the MSO ur DMV might be able to work off that if the VIN comes back clean. The other issue is Jersey doesn't recognize some smaller company's. I had issues with my Jersey customers trying to title certain Kymco & q-Link scooters
lukaitis9
8/7/2013 1:50pm
Thanks everyone.

It's weird, I think the VOR might have actually come form the OEM as part of our agreement years ago for testing purposes only.

That being the case I don't think it will ever be registered in the US.
jmb227
8/7/2013 2:01pm
Sell it to someone in a state like Oklahoma. They can take the bill of sale and file a title 42(lost title) on it and if nothing comes back they will issue a title for it. Sometimes it comes back as a Custom construction vehicle but its still a title and at the tag agency they will do a visual inspection and if it has lights and blinkers and 1 mirror they will issue a tag for it.
E-man811
8/7/2013 2:40pm
I feel for you.

I have nothing constructive to offer as a solution for your predicament. I hope that it works out for you with as little pain as possible.

WARNING / RANT The biggest reason why I no longer live in Jersey and never will again is because it has the second most (next only to Komifornia) regulations, restrictions, hoops to jump through and fees for EVERYTHING and even higher taxes than Kali. Just an extra jab, it has the worst designed and maintained roads in the country. Fuck that place.

That said, I just returned from vacationing in Jersey for 17 days. haha.
newmann
8/7/2013 3:32pm
VOR had some sweet trickness. How about some pics??
coolhand
8/7/2013 4:38pm
Had the same issue with bike I brought back from the UK...it is now a 99 KTM via frame I bought from scrap yard...
resetjet
8/7/2013 7:02pm
IF it is 300CC or less, send a bill of sale and $42 to vermont with their downloaded form. You will get a registration and plate back. If more, then you need a title. There are tons of loopholes in other states, but I don't think that bike is on the approved list in NJ anyway.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4434th
8/7/2013 8:37pm
As these posts reveal, it depends on the state. The Feds haven't trashed this corner of state's rights. Find the one closest to you that works (you can live in or know someone who does) and work the deal.
resetjet
8/8/2013 5:59am
You don't need to live in a state to register a vehicle there. You may or may not need to provide an address though, usually not. Vermont does not require an address.

Post a reply to: MSO for Bike Company No Longer in Business

The Latest