MPS Does it Again!

Related:
Create New Tag

2/23/2013 7:46 PM

|

2/23/2013 7:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/23/2013 7:49 PM

at first i didnt get it...then it sunk in 3 seconds later. LOL

i want to see a picture with the side panel off

|

2/23/2013 7:50 PM

I don't, I may not be able to stop laughing.

I know my ribs hurt when I saw the pipes they "Design" for the 500...Just welded random cones in until it fit...

|

2/23/2013 7:56 PM

Looks like a photoshop to me?

|

You're trying to use logic in your post and 4stroke doesn't appreciate logic! (FACT)


2/23/2013 8:20 PM

Photo
|

Powerband in every gear !

2/23/2013 8:46 PM

Should meet sound checks for decades to come

|

2/23/2013 8:52 PM

Photo

Another MPS bike.
|

3/13/2013 5:39 PM

FGR01 wrote: Photo

At least they could have cleaned the motor.

|

3/13/2013 7:34 PM

See, Fanelli does not really give a rat's ass what we say, because he has a wealthy group of customers in Italy that pump him big bucks to turn out these poop chariots.

|

I'm just here for the MxGeoff meltdowns.

3/13/2013 8:37 PM

I'm a two stroke guy I guess... I have a 125, a 250 and even a big bore 250 (295cc).

I've ridden a home-built conversion ('02 CR250R with a 500 engine). That was a fun bike, but I can put in a more aggressive, faster lap on a bone stock YZ250 even at a big track like Pala Raceway.

I can relate to the guy who builds this at home from a blown up CRF250R he found for $600 on craigslist and a $1500 CR500R. It's a "cool" project.

What I don't understand is the guy who pays $11k-$16k to have someone rip up a brand new 450 and swap in a used two stroke engine.

I ride two strokes because they handle great and they're relatively cheap. If money were no object, I'd drop about $5k on lightweight parts and run a 450F with a bone stock engine and some A-Kit suspension.

|

3/13/2013 8:48 PM

Thomas Jefferson wrote:

See, Fanelli does not really give a rat's ass what we say, because he has a wealthy group of customers in Italy that pump him ...more

Poop Chariots!!laughing

|

3/13/2013 9:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/13/2013 9:33 PM

After seeing his intake tract "fabrication" I thought it wasn't possible to choke anymore power from a 500. I was wrong.

|

1998 Honda Z50
1994 Honda CR125
1996 Honda CR250
2000 Honda CR500

3/13/2013 10:42 PM

CR500Rider wrote:

After seeing his intake tract "fabrication" I thought it wasn't possible to choke anymore power from a 500. I was wrong.

You mean the Fernco sewer pipe fitting he uses?

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Chuck Norris is 1/8th Scottish. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Scotsman!

3/14/2013 5:16 AM

Fernco??? Really?? Sounds like my buddies ATC 200X turned MX200X, which is home built with whatever we could find that would work around my shop! Not a AF500 that I pay someone to build for sure!

|

3/14/2013 5:51 AM

cwtoyota wrote:

I'm a two stroke guy I guess... I have a 125, a 250 and even a big bore 250 (295cc).

I've ridden a home-built conversion ('02 ...more

Agree, the 450 was probably a couple of seconds faster per lap before they ruined it too.

|

#1
KX125

3/14/2013 5:54 AM

CR500Rider wrote:

After seeing his intake tract "fabrication" I thought it wasn't possible to choke anymore power from a 500. I was wrong.

TerryK wrote:

You mean the Fernco sewer pipe fitting he uses?

You boys laugh, but I literally put my hand on that pipe fitting. To me, it looked like the upper radiator hose from a Chevy Silverado.

It laid down a whopping 48hp on the dyno in that configuration.

|

I'm just here for the MxGeoff meltdowns.

3/14/2013 6:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/14/2013 6:42 AM

mxracer816 wrote:

Fernco??? Really?? Sounds like my buddies ATC 200X turned MX200X, which is home built with whatever we could find that would ...more

Really. I own one. Too bad I didn't take another pic, from a different angle. It shows how Fanelli cut it with a carpet knife, or something similar. I looked at it yesterday in my shop, just shook my head. Awesome engineering.

Photo

|

3/14/2013 6:49 AM

That is like a small coupling.

The entire intake tract on his 09-12 personal bike is a piece of hose. Not a boot. A hose. about 5-6 inches long.

I had to hold back my body language until I walked away. I literally couldnt believe what I was looking at. This, in addition to the Home depot headstay with indoubtedly twists under the 500s torque.

|

I'm just here for the MxGeoff meltdowns.

3/14/2013 7:00 AM

Hack. Plain and simple. Even on that latest version, you can see the gobs of birdshit weld he piles up on the frame. Too fuckin stupid to actually put some effort into having some mounts milled up. On a bike he ass rapes someone for the kind of money he does. Be interesting to know how much that dual muffler setup alters the power characteristics of the 500. Sochiro is probably rolling over in his grave.

|

3/14/2013 7:06 AM

mxracer816 wrote:

Fernco??? Really?? Sounds like my buddies ATC 200X turned MX200X, which is home built with whatever we could find that would ...more

Perhaps your buddy and George are related. In case you missed it the first time, feast your eyes on the craftsmanship that is.............MPS. Don't worry about reading every page. Just the first should be enough.

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Since-it-needs-no-further-introduction-I-give-you-the-MPS-masterpiece,1248283

|

3/14/2013 7:25 AM

CR500Rider wrote:

After seeing his intake tract "fabrication" I thought it wasn't possible to choke anymore power from a 500. I was wrong.

TerryK wrote:

You mean the Fernco sewer pipe fitting he uses?

Correct

|

1998 Honda Z50
1994 Honda CR125
1996 Honda CR250
2000 Honda CR500

3/14/2013 8:34 AM

i've read through the other thread so i know this question just seems silly anyway...

but why in the world would any sane person put two silencers on a 500 2-stroke? wtf?

and that Fernco sewer fitting is downright blasphemy.

|

3/14/2013 8:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/14/2013 9:08 AM

Edited

|

3/14/2013 9:45 AM

peelout wrote:

i've read through the other thread so i know this question just seems silly anyway...

but why in the world would any sane ...more

Key word being sane. If you look at his welds and his headstays, you'd see he doesn't have a clue.

As human men, we tend to exaggerate to get our point across, and I am no different. But I do not think I am exaggerating when I say that I would not feel safe on one of this 500AFs at race pace on a legitmate MX track. But that's the beauty of 500 conversions. 99.9% of them go to non-serious old guys who ride them in fields.

For fuck's sake he doesn't even clock the motors right. The "Honda" logo on the clutch cover is usually going uphill.

|

I'm just here for the MxGeoff meltdowns.

3/14/2013 10:01 AM

You can put lipstick on a pig and.........................................................it's still a goddamn pig. Just sayin

|

You're trying to use logic in your post and 4stroke doesn't appreciate logic! (FACT)


3/14/2013 11:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/14/2013 11:25 AM

4stroke4DWIN wrote:

You can put lipstick on a pig and.........................................................it's still a goddamn pig. Just sayin ...more

You're sayin the 4-strokes are pigs? I don't know if pigs is the best word.

|

3/14/2013 11:32 AM

peelout wrote:

i've read through the other thread so i know this question just seems silly anyway...

but why in the world would any sane ...more

One for each stroke.

|

man who runs in front of bus gets tired. man who runs behind bus gets exhausted

3/14/2013 12:11 PM

4stroke4DWIN wrote:

You can put lipstick on a pig and.........................................................it's still a goddamn pig. Just sayin ...more

burn1986 wrote:

You're sayin the 4-strokes are pigs? I don't know if pigs is the best word.

No not at all lol, it was a dig that it's just a 2 stroke in a aluminium frame, just with lip stick wink

|

You're trying to use logic in your post and 4stroke doesn't appreciate logic! (FACT)


3/14/2013 12:12 PM

cwtoyota wrote:

I'm a two stroke guy I guess... I have a 125, a 250 and even a big bore 250 (295cc).

I've ridden a home-built conversion ('02 ...more

I don't think there's a place for common sense in motocross what so ever, the whole approach, to ride a motorcycle in circles over fabricated obstacles is just insane to start with. Then we dress up in clown suits, crave for black rims and spend hundreds on sticker to promote companies we have no benefit from what so over. Spice that with some GoPro filming the madness, put the shit up on forums and get applauds for being somewhat mentally challenged. silly

Sure we can discuss being less crazy etc. Apply logic in bike buy, but I think the whole approach if you don't race professionally is all about feeling/passion. No logic applies here. I love this madness of course, but I would newer try to apply logic in converting a good dirt bike to something less. I mean just the sound of 500 is worth the trouble, and most people sux as riders anyway!

Meanwhile I totally get your point though. grin

|

3/14/2013 12:35 PM

Thomas Jefferson wrote:

Key word being sane. If you look at his welds and his headstays, you'd see he doesn't have a clue.

As human men, we tend to ...more

When working with aluminum the area next to a weld is give or take abuot 50% as strong due to heat effect and stress risers.

Butt welding aluminum with 90 degree cut-joints is not strong. Just about every conversion I've seen is done in this way.

If you look at any stock bike you'll see they cut the tubing and components at big angles to increase the length of the weld and thus spread the stress out over a larger area. Most of those conversions just look sketchy to me.

This:

======||=======


is nowhere near as strong as this:

======//=======


Some places on the production bike frames even have a V cutline or diamond cut-line at the welds:

======>>======

|