MOTO 9 VS FOX V4

mx98wfo
Edited Date/Time 12/2/2012 11:30am
LOOKING AT BOTH WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ?
|
Pryda
12/1/2012 11:14am
Fox got the luuks, but thats not what counts, its how it fits!
Bell is more like a Shoei helmet when it comes to fit, so its more oval shaped.
Therefore I personally dont like Fox, as they dont fit my head.
uxcryno
12/1/2012 11:18am
spend the money on a shoei...... the bell didnt fit my big head too well so thats what I went with..... money well spent and it will be shoei from here on out!!
12/1/2012 11:22am
mx98wfo wrote:
Both are rad helmets, Id go with the one that fits your head the best.

The Shop

12/1/2012 11:29am
kongols wrote:
Arai.
For sure one of the best, if not the best. I went from a Arai to a Airoh Aviator. Loved everything about the Arai, but I just loved how light the Airoh Helmet is.
activeMX
12/1/2012 11:49am
Fox. The mouth guard on the Moto 9 sits to close to my face for comfort and I don't find the liner all the comfy either.
ktm212
12/1/2012 12:16pm
if your gonna spend the money go shoei or arai, the arai is rounder and the shoei is more oval shaped
lilbulld
12/1/2012 12:32pm
Been wearing shoei for a few years now which I always thought was the best there was, cartwheeled & cracked it recently so I've been looking at and tried on nearly every other helmet out there including the moto9 & v4... That being said the new one is Fly F2, thing is crazy light and comfy and didn't have to break the bank
sb317
12/1/2012 1:00pm
I've worn Shoei since 91 and still do. I've put on a Moto 9 and it didn't fit my head as good. A few pressure points and the mouth guard did seem to set closer than Shoei. I've also put on a V4 and was really surprised and impressed by how good it felt. I haven't ridden in either though. Just tried them on in the store. My next helmet will either be a Shoei again, or the V4.
activeMX
12/1/2012 1:14pm
Despite the stigma of Fox for going into mass retail, I think the gear has always been great and they are now really stepping up the quality and innovation on boots and helmets.

Funny how the OP asked about 2 specific brands and most people have just commented on how they would only trust Shoei or Arai. I've yet to see a $500+ moto helmet that wasn't worth the price because of inferior safety or quality. I always go high-end on boots and helmets and make the final decision based on fit, then looks.
Coyote
12/1/2012 1:29pm
activeMX wrote:
Despite the stigma of Fox for going into mass retail, I think the gear has always been great and they are now really stepping up the...
Despite the stigma of Fox for going into mass retail, I think the gear has always been great and they are now really stepping up the quality and innovation on boots and helmets.

Funny how the OP asked about 2 specific brands and most people have just commented on how they would only trust Shoei or Arai. I've yet to see a $500+ moto helmet that wasn't worth the price because of inferior safety or quality. I always go high-end on boots and helmets and make the final decision based on fit, then looks.
lot of merit in the old cliche, "you get what you pay for"!!
Indy mxer
12/1/2012 2:02pm
Have a Moto 9 and love it. Had a Shoei and it just didn't fit right.
Actually I think all the high end helmets are very good. Just get the one that fits the best.
gfmoto
12/1/2012 2:20pm
if I had to choose between the fox and bell I would see which one fit better, However I only wear Shoei
mmcmx
12/1/2012 2:22pm
Both are good helmets in my book. You should try themto decide. I used FOX for a long time and last year I almost bought another V3. Once in the shop I tried the Shoei on and couldn't believe it, It felt like a glove for my head.
Crush
12/1/2012 4:32pm
Get a 6D!

i'm almost for certain that will be my next helmet!!!
mx317
12/1/2012 6:22pm
Moto 9 seems to run small. I wear an XL Arai and the XXL Moto9 was very tight at the cheek pads and they were the thinnest Bell had. My friend wears a Large in other helmets and the XXL Bell fit him fine.
nytsmaC
12/1/2012 7:21pm
Shoei or arai if they fit your melon. As said before shoei = oval and arai = round.
Gabriel J
12/1/2012 7:32pm
mx317 wrote:
Moto 9 seems to run small. I wear an XL Arai and the XXL Moto9 was very tight at the cheek pads and they were the...
Moto 9 seems to run small. I wear an XL Arai and the XXL Moto9 was very tight at the cheek pads and they were the thinnest Bell had. My friend wears a Large in other helmets and the XXL Bell fit him fine.
I have a moto-9 and the cheek pads were much thicker than my moto-8, and of course they didn't come with spares. I had to order the thinner cheek pads from Bell to get the same fit, however I still wear a size medium helmet. I love the moto-9 over the moto-8.

My friend who works for a shop chose the the moto-9 over the Fox v4 and he had a choice of either..Best way to decide is try both on if possible and see what you like best!
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
12/1/2012 11:13pm
mx98wfo wrote:
I have both at the moment, had the V4 pretty much since the day they hit Australia (5-6 Months), and only just got the Moto 9 two weeks again and have only worn it twice.

Was actually planning to run them back to back today, mainly just to get some footage with the Go Pro without sticking a mount on the brand new lid. Then left the Fox at home!

Only early Days in the Moto 9, but.

The V4 fits MY head better and is probably a little more comfortable to put on initially, that in its self surprised me, V3s never fitted me well.

Venting in Both is very good, though achieved in different ways. the Fox lets a lot of air into the helmets and flows through, while Bell's works more on a vacuum effect, still well vented up front, but designed to pull the air out the back of the helmet, both achieve what they are after.

Bell feels lighter

Bell helmet cuts out a lot of noise, first ride in it I thought something was wrong with my bike, could barley hear it! got used to it pretty quickly

Goggle eye port I would say is larger on the V4. I have been running the new Draggon NFX framless goggle, I can run the goggle with the nose piece on while wearing the Fox V4, but have to either take the goggle nose piece or Bell nose Piece off to run the goggles.

While the fox liner is easy to take out, the magnetic system in the Bell is better and even easier to use, also the Bell as the provision in the top of the helmet for the Air bag auto release to be installed.

Sorry have not crashed tested either yet!

To early to for me to call which one a prefer over the other, I would suggest trying them both on and running with which ever one fits you the best.
exsarg
12/2/2012 9:58am
i have a small oval head. i have an hjc carbon, shoei , and a shift. got the shift for 88 bucks on a big sale. the hjc is the most comfy on my head. money is no object for me when it comes to helmets. the shoei is ok but the least comfy of the 3 for my head. i m quite certain the guys who are sponsored by helmet companys have custom made foam and padding.
12/2/2012 10:39am
exsarg wrote:
i have a small oval head. i have an hjc carbon, shoei , and a shift. got the shift for 88 bucks on a big sale...
i have a small oval head. i have an hjc carbon, shoei , and a shift. got the shift for 88 bucks on a big sale. the hjc is the most comfy on my head. money is no object for me when it comes to helmets. the shoei is ok but the least comfy of the 3 for my head. i m quite certain the guys who are sponsored by helmet companys have custom made foam and padding.
Dont listen to sarg, he has concrete for brains. Doesn't matter what helmet he wears.

Post a reply to: MOTO 9 VS FOX V4

The Latest