MONSTER what if ???

Related:
Create New Tag

4/23/2018 11:52 AM

monster what if monster didn't sponsor Sx ??? where would SX be ????
monster what if monster didn't sponsor so many riders / teams , who would ???
just for opinions not trying to start an interweb war

|

4/23/2018 11:55 AM

Roll your calendar back to 1980s. That's what it would be like.

|

Ride like a girl!!!
2016 KTM 500 EXC-F
Current project: 2007 Kawasaki KX250-R7 retro build
Current project #2: 1987 Kawasaki KX250-E1 rider/racer resto
1989 KX125 resto
1987 RM250 resto

4/23/2018 12:03 PM

queen of spodes wrote:

Roll your calendar back to 1980s. That's what it would be like.

camel supercross ?.

|

4/23/2018 12:12 PM

Another brand

|

4/23/2018 12:13 PM

We can only dream..

|

4/23/2018 12:19 PM

I just can't believe they sell enough of that stuff to afford all the sponsorship they do. That green claw is everywhere.

|

4/23/2018 12:41 PM

DEMONDAVE wrote:

monster what if monster didn't sponsor Sx ??? where would SX be ????
monster what if monster didn't sponsor so many riders / ...more

I don't know, or care, who would replace Monster...but it would be a step forward.

|

4/23/2018 1:04 PM

How would it be a step forward?

Look at Indy car no beer or energy drink sponsorship and little to no presence at all.

|

4/23/2018 1:30 PM

Excaliburbmx wrote:

Look at Indy car no beer or energy drink sponsorship and little to no presence at all.

You have it backwards. They had terrible ratings and attendance so the big sponsors went away. People did not stop watching IndyCar because sponsors left the sport.

|

4/23/2018 1:46 PM

It would be RedBull or Rockstar Supercross. Energy drinks seem to be the only brands interested in alt sports

|

4/23/2018 1:59 PM

Excaliburbmx wrote:

Because Monsters image is the opposite of what a serious, professional motorsport actually is. It doesn't represent the hard work and dedication the athletes at teams put it to compete at the highest level...it dumbs the sport down to the level of two wheeled monster trucks, red neck mud bogs, and demolition derby's.

Red Bull would even be a step forward....

Rockstar would be a step sideways.

|

4/23/2018 2:01 PM

zookrider62! wrote:

It would be RedBull or Rockstar Supercross. Energy drinks seem to be the only brands interested in alt sports

What about Lucas Oil, you drink that stuff?

|

4/23/2018 2:04 PM

Titan1 wrote:

Because Monsters image is the opposite of what a serious, professional motorsport actually is. It doesn't represent the hard ...more

I agree with this. Red Bull would be an upgrade. I feel like they make a good attempt to understand and present sports as they should be.

|

James

4/23/2018 2:13 PM

I don’t understand what the problem is??? Monster puts a lot of money into a lot of alternative/action sports... Nobody ever said Valentino Rossi or Lewis Hamilton were not professional athletes and both are Monster athletes, with signature drinks... they sponsor the Isle of Man TT Races... again pretty serious stuff, Speedway GPs and a lot of speedway riders, MXGP, I could go on. Would you rather they put there corporate money else where??? Soccer??? Athletics??? Horse Racing... I think some of you need to lighten up, stick a big green M on the back of your truck... wear a Pro Circuit Kawasaki Tee shirt next time you go shopping and enjoy what ARE the golden years that people will rave about in 20-30 years time... Damn electric bikes plastered in their vegan beard wax graphics...

|

4/23/2018 2:14 PM

Grizzly chewing tobacco

|

4/23/2018 2:28 PM

Where would we be? With another sponsor in its place. Would it be at the same level as where we're at now? I'm not sure.

I may not like everything Monster does, but I do like what Monster does for the sport.

At least we're not in the same boat as NASCAR, where they just did another one-year deal with Monster...after a long wait.

|

4/23/2018 2:32 PM

A step forward? You all are acting like MX is some upper class sport. Be glad it has a title sponsor... Don't like it don't drink it but don;t be salty because Monster knows a white trash demographic when they see one........

|

4/23/2018 2:37 PM

Tracktor wrote:

A step forward? You all are acting like MX is some upper class sport. Be glad it has a title sponsor... Don't like it don't ...more

Idiot

|

4/23/2018 3:05 PM

Why bag on Monster? All they do is spend money and provide semi hot chics. Whats so wrong with that?

|

4/23/2018 3:07 PM

Excaliburbmx wrote:

Holigan wrote:

You have it backwards. They had terrible ratings and attendance so the big sponsors went away. People did not stop watching ...more

People stopped watching Indy cars because they lost all the personalities, went to mostly non American drivers paying for rides and went ovals!

|

4/23/2018 3:13 PM

I just wish they would use the different flavors on different teams. Yamaha gets the blue claw or zero flavor look etc. green everywhere loses its appeal. I think yzfs would look sooo much better with silver and blue claws. hell they have every color in the rainbow. mix it up .

|

If I'm healthy enough to complain. I shouldn't be complaining.

4/23/2018 3:27 PM

zookrider62! wrote:

HD1200 wrote:

What about Lucas Oil, you drink that stuff?

Yes they are on the exact same level sponsorship-wise, with monster...

|

4/23/2018 3:53 PM

What if Monster said they are pulling their sponsorship of the series if Marvin isn't penalized? Doubt it would ever happen, but almost a conflict of interest to have the title sponsor also have a team that's competing for that title?

|

4/23/2018 4:17 PM

yak651 wrote:

What if Monster said they are pulling their sponsorship of the series if Marvin isn't penalized? Doubt it would ever happen, ...more

There's no conflict of interest in unless you could prove that sponsorship somehow gives their riders a distinct competitive advantage.

|

4/23/2018 4:27 PM

Excaliburbmx wrote:

Titan1 wrote:

Because Monsters image is the opposite of what a serious, professional motorsport actually is. It doesn't represent the hard ...more

This 100%. Red bull events are way more professional and enjoyable. Straight rhythm, Erzberg, etc. They all have a "legit" sports type feeling. They show clips from previous years, add in excitement, and hardly ruin anything by "dumbing down" everything for _____(I have no idea who the target audience is. Most of the time they sound like idiots to everyone around me). Supercross is pretty much just a Monstertruck event with bikes now. The flamethrower sh!t is over the top ridiculous. It also adds that jumped the shark feeling. It doesn't matter who takes the series at this point, I too believe it would be a step in the right direction.

|

4/23/2018 4:39 PM

GuyB wrote:

Where would we be? With another sponsor in its place. Would it be at the same level as where we're at now? I'm not sure.

I ...more

Nail on the head. Well said.

|

4/23/2018 5:00 PM

GuyB wrote:

I ...more

Steadman wrote:

Nail on the head. Well said.

Photo
|

Born in Prague,living in LA,so if you don't like my spelling,blow me!

21 CRF450R
16 Yamaha YXZ 1000R
17 Yamaha MT-10 FZ-10 165 Hp RWP
06 CRF450X street legal supermoto
96 CR250R smoker
2012 CR500AF
2003 KLX110 mod

4/23/2018 5:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/23/2018 5:11 PM

Unfortunately we can thanks the energy drinks companies for supporting most of the Moto sports and the athletes. With out of them there will be not much left. Since cigarettes and alcohol sponsors are banned in most places.
What other sponsors got money like that ??

|

Born in Prague,living in LA,so if you don't like my spelling,blow me!

21 CRF450R
16 Yamaha YXZ 1000R
17 Yamaha MT-10 FZ-10 165 Hp RWP
06 CRF450X street legal supermoto
96 CR250R smoker
2012 CR500AF
2003 KLX110 mod

4/23/2018 5:06 PM

Does anyone know where the Monster money goes and how it helps the sport?

|

4/23/2018 5:10 PM

Track and Trail wrote:

Does anyone know where the Monster money goes and how it helps the sport?

Walk into basically any gas station/convenience store in America. Who do you see a big cardboard cutout of?

|