MN, an SX/MX hotbed?

USMCMXer
Edited Date/Time 4/4/2016 12:21pm
So with the success of RD and J-Mart recently, let's name other past, present and future riders from this obvious hotbed of SX/MX talent (yes, that is sarcasm), but really, for a place that is wintry and not ideal for MX, they are pumping out the talent at a huge rate.

Tommy Benolkin - Past
Donny Schmit - Past
Cory Keeney - Past
Jim Povolny - Past
Ryan Dungey - Current
Alex Martin - "
Jeremy Martin - "
Jesse Wentland - "
Mitch Oldenburg - "

Just to name a few. Throw out some more. I'm not up to speed on fast, younger kids there, as I've lived away for many years, but D23 MX is alive and well. Also throw in some IA names (Pedersen, Brayton, Faith), and the list grows...

A change of pace thread here...
|
DownSouth
4/4/2016 9:34am Edited Date/Time 4/4/2016 9:36am
Gannon Audette
Tucker Hibbert still races some moto along with dominating snowcross.
mx836
4/4/2016 9:36am
MN has been a great state for MX for a long time. Every time I've gone there to race, the comp has been pretty stiff.
mx836
4/4/2016 9:40am
Isn't Shawn Rife from MN also? I know I raced Craig Decker at Millville about 10 years ago now. Don't think he lives there now, but he was around for awhile.
USMCMXer
4/4/2016 9:55am
mx836 wrote:
Isn't Shawn Rife from MN also? I know I raced Craig Decker at Millville about 10 years ago now. Don't think he lives there now, but...
Isn't Shawn Rife from MN also? I know I raced Craig Decker at Millville about 10 years ago now. Don't think he lives there now, but he was around for awhile.
I think Shawn Rife was from Ohio area??? Craig Decker moved to MN after retiring from pro racing and has a suspension company there, or his dad does and he helps him out. Chad (Swap) Pedersen owns a Godfathers Pizza joint in MN these days as well...

The Shop

mx836
4/4/2016 10:11am
Yeah, I think you are correct about Rife being from Ohio. Haven't heard too much about him lately. I think I recently heard Decker is down in Texas now.
SKIDLID
Fantasy
805th
4/4/2016 10:56am Edited Date/Time 4/4/2016 10:57am
mx836 wrote:
Yeah, I think you are correct about Rife being from Ohio. Haven't heard too much about him lately. I think I recently heard Decker is down...
Yeah, I think you are correct about Rife being from Ohio. Haven't heard too much about him lately. I think I recently heard Decker is down in Texas now.
Decker lives in MN during the summer and runs an ENZO shop. I see Pederson in the winter his girls play hockey Chad does race on occasion in the summer. I guess you could also add Jerry Robins to the list?
tprice07
4/4/2016 11:27am
USMCMXer wrote:
So with the success of RD and J-Mart recently, let's name other past, present and future riders from this obvious hotbed of SX/MX talent (yes, that...
So with the success of RD and J-Mart recently, let's name other past, present and future riders from this obvious hotbed of SX/MX talent (yes, that is sarcasm), but really, for a place that is wintry and not ideal for MX, they are pumping out the talent at a huge rate.

Tommy Benolkin - Past
Donny Schmit - Past
Cory Keeney - Past
Jim Povolny - Past
Ryan Dungey - Current
Alex Martin - "
Jeremy Martin - "
Jesse Wentland - "
Mitch Oldenburg - "

Just to name a few. Throw out some more. I'm not up to speed on fast, younger kids there, as I've lived away for many years, but D23 MX is alive and well. Also throw in some IA names (Pedersen, Brayton, Faith), and the list grows...

A change of pace thread here...
..also from Iowa Teddy Maier and Cody Gilmore.

He won a Canadian championship as well. Teddy's place in Fort Dodge has been the breeding ground for a lot of the fast guys out of our dinky little town. This mx videos doesn't do it justice, the jumps are peaky and crazy when you launch off of them.

DA498
4/4/2016 12:21pm
Heath Voss?

Post a reply to: MN, an SX/MX hotbed?

The Latest