MM25 fortitude

ktmwoods
Edited Date/Time 3/20/2019 4:27pm
I was super impressed by Musquin’s ability to gut that one out. He had the deepeat field ever breathing down his neck, yo-yo between .25 and 2 seconds back. Feeling like this will be a big confidence boost for him and the best possible tight racing field for the balance of the season. By far the best SX series battle in many seasons, good for everyone.
|
thorns
3/17/2019 11:49am
Yeah impressed as well, thought it was all over when Blake cruised up the back of him. Good to see some fight in him, hopefully he can keep it up and run this thing to the wire even though I'm more of a Webb fan the Marv.
Red Crawford
3/17/2019 12:49pm
It's been said many times, but Marv just seems to float on the bike when he is "on." Textbook form...

The Shop

500 Mike
3/17/2019 12:58pm
I think Marvin gets too worried about keeping it smooth versus pushing it. He pushed it last night and that is what it takes. Needs to get more comfortable riding on the edge. Hopefully last night gives him that confidence. Nice ride!!
Kyle_McNab
3/17/2019 1:08pm
Yup baggets been flying this year. Charges all the way to the finish. He could snag another win too. He’s got to be really excited for outdoors. Savagty has been riding good too. I could see him maybe land on the podium. I think he earned his spot for a couple years. Everyone wants to throw in AC but I don’t know if he’s better than Joey. Speed wise they are pretty similar
3/17/2019 1:10pm
At different points in the race I thought Webb and/or Baggett would get him but he held on and rode damn well. Was cool to see Marvin back to his old self, hope he can make these last few interesting.
3/17/2019 1:13pm
he has had the speed for wins but too many little mistakes cost him a win in previous races ...
but the dude is almost as consistant as Dungey , only first 2 races with injury didnt look that good ..

8 podiums in last 9 races ... a win was a matter of time

still think he will be runner up again, dont see Webb throwing it away

deluxeman
3/17/2019 1:17pm Edited Date/Time 3/17/2019 1:18pm
Kyle_McNab wrote:
Yup baggets been flying this year. Charges all the way to the finish. He could snag another win too. He’s got to be really excited for...
Yup baggets been flying this year. Charges all the way to the finish. He could snag another win too. He’s got to be really excited for outdoors. Savagty has been riding good too. I could see him maybe land on the podium. I think he earned his spot for a couple years. Everyone wants to throw in AC but I don’t know if he’s better than Joey. Speed wise they are pretty similar
Savatgy has shown speed, but makes stupid mistakes that cost him big. He was clearly faster than Tomac today but a dumb mistake cost him a very possible podium........Unless he waves Tomac by........
ktmwoods
3/17/2019 3:59pm
Kyle_McNab wrote:
Yup baggets been flying this year. Charges all the way to the finish. He could snag another win too. He’s got to be really excited for...
Yep, Bagget was railing. Reminds me of the year he had RJ training him (before injury). He was and now is again crushing it. Expected Tomac to charge a bit more aggressively but as others have said the passing was limited - unless you count the drama around a certain‘skimming tuff blocks’ section ?
KiwiJack
3/18/2019 8:39am
Definitely a much needed confidence booster, especially since now his knee might finally be back to full strength.
milliebays
3/18/2019 8:43am
something about the French - universally have almost impeccable form - same in MTB ENduro and Downhill too. really uncanny.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
3/18/2019 8:51am
Something I think is rad with Marvin is when he lands a jump perfectly on downside and it looks like he does a combo of compressing his bike down into the landing and going wide open. Sometimes it looks like he is rocketing forward and you could see him pull away doing that at Indy. Really cool to see him get a win.
STLSharky
3/18/2019 8:57am
ktmwoods wrote:
I was super impressed by Musquin’s ability to gut that one out. He had the deepeat field ever breathing down his neck, yo-yo between .25 and...
I was super impressed by Musquin’s ability to gut that one out. He had the deepeat field ever breathing down his neck, yo-yo between .25 and 2 seconds back. Feeling like this will be a big confidence boost for him and the best possible tight racing field for the balance of the season. By far the best SX series battle in many seasons, good for everyone.
#DEEPESTFIELDEVER #DROPTHEGATE #WHOSNEXT Hah
just James
3/18/2019 9:03am
To me, Marvin's bike looked like a rocket when he was accelerating in that race. I don't know if it was the camera angle, or some other factor. Bike seemed to be getting the power to the ground really well. Maybe KTM has come up with something that is helping in that department.
3/18/2019 11:25am
Well done Marvin, another great race in one of the better seasons yet, Also a great ride by Blake to push all the way home. Eli was in position to pick up the pieces just in case the two in front faltered.
I was on the edge of my seat.
aeffertz
3/18/2019 11:29am
he has had the speed for wins but too many little mistakes cost him a win in previous races ... but the dude is almost as...
he has had the speed for wins but too many little mistakes cost him a win in previous races ...
but the dude is almost as consistant as Dungey , only first 2 races with injury didnt look that good ..

8 podiums in last 9 races ... a win was a matter of time

still think he will be runner up again, dont see Webb throwing it away

Marvin has more experience. This is the first time Webb has had real success in the 450 class. Wouldn't be surprised if Webb lets the pressure get to him.

Looks like it’ll be an Exciting end to the season, though. I’m pumped!
mac3-d
3/18/2019 11:31am
With two sets of woods Whistling what's going on ?
mac3-d
3/18/2019 11:32am
Anyone else sense that Cooper is starting to manage his championship , settling for a podium ?
YZ-MTB
3/18/2019 11:41am
milliebays wrote:
something about the French - universally have almost impeccable form - same in MTB ENduro and Downhill too. really uncanny.
I've often had the same thought about French MX/SX riders and French mountain bikers. And it isn't just good form, it's also that "crafty Frenchman" approach of finding creative lines and using every inch of the track.
3/18/2019 12:13pm Edited Date/Time 3/18/2019 12:13pm
What was most impressive to me though, was that he kept it up with the others in the long whoops section, even during the heat race when they all were blitzing them. I’ve never seen him that fast blitzing whoops before!
drt410
3/18/2019 12:22pm
Webb gets 3rd and ppl are saying he may be caving under pressure.... lolll.
aeffertz
3/18/2019 12:47pm
drt410 wrote:
Webb gets 3rd and ppl are saying he may be caving under pressure.... lolll.
That’s not what I said at all.
philG
3/18/2019 1:04pm
Marv had every chance to crack and didnt, and Baggett has really stepped up this season, but Webb has been the crafty one with lines, he is always doing something else, Tomac just follows the ruts and thats why he goes nowhere when the tracks are like Indy. And props to Savatgy too, speed is there,and although he has had a couple of silly tip offs, he has been far better than Plessinger , which i didnt expect at all.
3/18/2019 1:36pm
ktmwoods wrote:
I was super impressed by Musquin’s ability to gut that one out. He had the deepeat field ever breathing down his neck, yo-yo between .25 and...
I think you might like my column this week... Givng Marvin his due.
mirramaxx
3/18/2019 1:39pm
Was a great ride for sure! To me Marv is like Kdub 2.0 just something about his riding style !
endurox
3/18/2019 1:58pm
just James wrote:
To me, Marvin's bike looked like a rocket when he was accelerating in that race. I don't know if it was the camera angle, or some...
To me, Marvin's bike looked like a rocket when he was accelerating in that race. I don't know if it was the camera angle, or some other factor. Bike seemed to be getting the power to the ground really well. Maybe KTM has come up with something that is helping in that department.
And or he learned technique early in his riding days on a trials bike.
ktmwoods
3/18/2019 8:14pm Edited Date/Time 3/20/2019 2:28pm
ktmwoods wrote:
I think you might like my column this week... Givng Marvin his due.
Well written and good observations. Time will tell if he can keep the charge going.
davistld01
3/18/2019 9:25pm
I believe the DV connection is a good one for Marvin this year.

Post a reply to: MM25 fortitude

The Latest