MM25

davistld01
Edited Date/Time 2/28/2016 5:24pm
Look...I'm a James Stewart fan AND a Marvin Musquin fan...and I personally don't think Stewart was the culprit in causing MM25 to biff the triple & get all out of shape so that he threw the win away last night. I don't. From every given camera angle, it showed MM coming up short on the triple and getting completely out of control. Heck, Dungey was scary-close to landing on him! Stewart didn't pull over to the side of the triple & kill his engine to watch those two go by, like some think he should've all but done...he was trying to stay the heck out of trouble.

But last night I see Marvin posting over and over, and over on Twitter how Stewart cost him the win, and "if Stewart would have moved over". I know Marvins upset & disappointed...and that Frankie was too...but wtf? Get over it! Racing happens! Marvin is coming off like a girly crybaby in this, and he needs to take it on the chin (like Stewart did at A1 when RD center punched him) and be a professional.
|
philG
2/28/2016 5:24am
If Stewart had been professional, Marvin wouldn't have had to spend 1/3 of a lap wondering which way he would go.. If that had gone as badly wrong as the short crash Stewart would have been fully responsible. Racing incidents should happen between people on different laps.
Grieby54
2/28/2016 5:24am
Glad you started a whole new thread for this. There definitely wasn't one (or five) threads on the first page you could have posted this in.
davistld01
2/28/2016 5:26am
Grieby54 wrote:
Glad you started a whole new thread for this. There definitely wasn't one (or five) threads on the first page you could have posted this in.
Glad you took the time to post that comment too, bro. You can tell that took a lot of thought.
moto0852
2/28/2016 5:31am Edited Date/Time 2/28/2016 5:35am
davistld01 wrote:
Look...I'm a James Stewart fan AND a Marvin Musquin fan...and I personally don't think Stewart was the culprit in causing MM25 to biff the triple &...
Look...I'm a James Stewart fan AND a Marvin Musquin fan...and I personally don't think Stewart was the culprit in causing MM25 to biff the triple & get all out of shape so that he threw the win away last night. I don't. From every given camera angle, it showed MM coming up short on the triple and getting completely out of control. Heck, Dungey was scary-close to landing on him! Stewart didn't pull over to the side of the triple & kill his engine to watch those two go by, like some think he should've all but done...he was trying to stay the heck out of trouble.

But last night I see Marvin posting over and over, and over on Twitter how Stewart cost him the win, and "if Stewart would have moved over". I know Marvins upset & disappointed...and that Frankie was too...but wtf? Get over it! Racing happens! Marvin is coming off like a girly crybaby in this, and he needs to take it on the chin (like Stewart did at A1 when RD center punched him) and be a professional.
Not saying your right or wrong but I will point out several inconsistencies in your own post.
"I personally don't think Stewart was the culprit in causing MM25 to biff the triple & get all out of shape so that he threw the win away last night. I don't. From every given camera angle, it showed MM coming up short on the triple and getting completely out of control." He did get out of control. No question. The reason he states is because of Stewart racing him and not obeying the blue flag. Are you calling Marvin a liar then?

"Stewart didn't pull over to the side of the triple & kill his engine to watch those two go by, like some think he should've all but done" I haven't seen anyone say Stewart should have hit his kill switch. Maybe you could direct me to those posts? He should have obeyed the blue flag though which he did not. (By definition, if you pass the leader on the blue flag you disobeyed it) You can not agree with it as you clearly don't but...that's the rule as it currently sits.

The Shop

TerryB
2/28/2016 5:35am
The place Stewart was obligated to get out of the way, and didn't, was the turn. That's what caused the problem.

Hold your line, and get out of the way when possible. He didn't.
davistld01
2/28/2016 5:37am
davistld01 wrote:
Look...I'm a James Stewart fan AND a Marvin Musquin fan...and I personally don't think Stewart was the culprit in causing MM25 to biff the triple &...

moto0852 wrote:
Not saying your right or wrong but I will point out several inconsistencies in your own post. [i]"I personally don't think Stewart was the culprit in...
Not saying your right or wrong but I will point out several inconsistencies in your own post.
"I personally don't think Stewart was the culprit in causing MM25 to biff the triple & get all out of shape so that he threw the win away last night. I don't. From every given camera angle, it showed MM coming up short on the triple and getting completely out of control." He did get out of control. No question. The reason he states is because of Stewart racing him and not obeying the blue flag. Are you calling Marvin a liar then?

"Stewart didn't pull over to the side of the triple & kill his engine to watch those two go by, like some think he should've all but done" I haven't seen anyone say Stewart should have hit his kill switch. Maybe you could direct me to those posts? He should have obeyed the blue flag though which he did not. (By definition, if you pass the leader on the blue flag you disobeyed it) You can not agree with it as you clearly don't but...that's the rule as it currently sits.
1. Stewart wasn't racing Marvin. He knew where he was...getting lapped by the leaders. Maybe he's not used to that, and maybe he didn't handle that like a perpetual back marker would have out of experience, but he wasn't racing Marvin. He just didn't do exactly what Marvin thought he would do.

2. I guess sarcasm didn't translate well to print. And, I'm well aware of the blue flag rule. Once again...Stewart did not race or pass Marvin, but he did hold his line. Unfortunately for Musquin...it wasn't the line he expected him to take.
2/28/2016 5:39am
So you don't think the lapped rider who refused to get out of racing line was the cause of him casing the triple. Okay...

And crybaby? I thought Marvin took it well. I'm guessing if any other rider had their first 450SX win screwed by a lapper on the final lap they probably would have threw a tantrum and tried to start shit with them.
fgb729
2/28/2016 6:39am
How can you say he wasn't racing Marvin? He literally looked over at them on the start straight and pinned it to the corner, then tried to triple past them in the rhythm MM screwed up in. When has a lapper ever tried either of those moves? Normally the corner before that rhythm they stop dead and let the leaders go by. The holding your line shit is for IN the rhythm, not the corner as well. He had many chances to back it down and let them go and did not do it.
mmcmx
2/28/2016 6:41am
He cost him the win.
agn5009
2/28/2016 6:51am
Grieby54 wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
Glad you took the time to post that comment too, bro. You can tell that took a lot of thought.
X2
Starcrossed
2/28/2016 7:03am Edited Date/Time 2/28/2016 7:05am
I think James may have wanted to finish on the lead lap and thus the extra effort when maybe he could have given the leaders more racing room. If Marvin wants to blame his mistake on Stewart, that's on him...only he knows, but stop whining and get 'em next week. Not like Marvin has been sniffing a win all season and got denied by James. Dungey was going to let him win this one. Another victory will be sweeter...he'll get it this season.

The money...that's another story.

LoudLove
2/28/2016 7:46am
As MM approached the yellow #7 he's likely thinking "what is this guy going to do?". Stewart is not your typical lapper, as he can flick a switch and run a blistering pace. When James decided to "race" the leaders earlier in the lap, it called into question when/if the lapper will concede the racing line.

Slowing and hugging the inside line is the "right" thing to do, but it doesn't make James' decision "wrong". Perhaps not the greatest judgment call, and it definitely impacted the race, but #7 wasn't blocking the leaders; he simply did not act in a measured, predictable fashion. Which basically surmises Stewart's entire career.
jeffro503
2/28/2016 10:41am
Can we just move past this shit? We have a bunch of racing left. Stewart's fault , Marvin's fault.....who cares , it's done. I don't want to throw either one of them under the bus. I've said my opinion on the matter....but it is what it is.

Bring on next week!
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
2/28/2016 10:44am
davistld01 wrote:

You'e re a blind fool if you don't think Stewy had anything to do with Marvin's mistake.

What caused James to crash in Colorado in 2012?
moore433
2/28/2016 10:53am
If james was racing for the win and mm had done the same thing, James would have been over chewing him out at the finish line , just sayin !!
cayman
2/28/2016 10:55am
davistld01 wrote:

Couldn't agree more.
Musquin rode like a man.
And spoke like a crying little boy whose 4 o'clock snack has been stolen by a classmate...
He did great on the track and ends up sounding like a whiner and a sore loser...
Once again.
RG1
2/28/2016 11:03am
Stewart was getting blue flags for half a lap, he had plenty of opportunity to get well out of the way, he didn't. Marvin did make a mistake, but if you think Stewart played no part at all in him making that mistake then you are delusional. He could have easily pulled out of the way on the start straight, or in any of the 4/5 corners/sections that he passed after he first got the blue flag but he just completely ignored them and showed poor race awareness, which to be fair, is hardly surprising with Stewart
Big Lenny
2/28/2016 11:18am
UpTiTe wrote:
You'e re a blind fool if you don't think Stewy had anything to do with Marvin's mistake.

What caused James to crash in Colorado in 2012?
2012?...Laughing
2/28/2016 11:20am Edited Date/Time 2/28/2016 11:26am
Who the hell cares anymore. Marvin didnt crash, dungey didn't crash and Stewart made it a full race. Marvin took the same linexpensive the last lap as he did the laps before too. Racongrats incident. Bring on Daytona. I'm still waiting for this Eli Tomac guy to show up.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
2/28/2016 11:26am
cayman wrote:
Couldn't agree more. Musquin rode like a man. And spoke like a crying little boy whose 4 o'clock snack has been stolen by a classmate... He...
Couldn't agree more.
Musquin rode like a man.
And spoke like a crying little boy whose 4 o'clock snack has been stolen by a classmate...
He did great on the track and ends up sounding like a whiner and a sore loser...
Once again.
comeon...
even is he was completely wrong about Stewart which he wasnt, ofcourse your disappointed and everything after losing your first every 450 win in the last lap. It's easy to call someone a sore loser from the couch, really
Big Lenny
RG1 wrote:
Stewart was getting blue flags for half a lap, he had plenty of opportunity to get well out of the way, he didn't. Marvin did make...
Stewart was getting blue flags for half a lap, he had plenty of opportunity to get well out of the way, he didn't. Marvin did make a mistake, but if you think Stewart played no part at all in him making that mistake then you are delusional. He could have easily pulled out of the way on the start straight, or in any of the 4/5 corners/sections that he passed after he first got the blue flag but he just completely ignored them and showed poor race awareness, which to be fair, is hardly surprising with Stewart
A 1/2 lap?..did you have on your TV glasses?..MM was making mistakes long before James came into the picture, he almost went over the bars at the wall jump...
RG1
Who the hell cares anymore. Marvin didnt crash, dungey didn't crash and Stewart made it a full race. Marvin took the same linexpensive the last lap...
Who the hell cares anymore. Marvin didnt crash, dungey didn't crash and Stewart made it a full race. Marvin took the same linexpensive the last lap as he did the laps before too. Racongrats incident. Bring on Daytona. I'm still waiting for this Eli Tomac guy to show up.
Might have a long wait
stewie94
2/28/2016 11:27am Edited Date/Time 2/28/2016 11:29am
i was on the other side so i couldnt see , saw a glimpse the replay of it on the jumbotron but didnt fully see wht happened , so i waited till i got to the house to see wht the tv gather &it kinda did look like stew fucked musquin up but idk man , im just glad musquin was iight , cause it couldve been worse
stewie94
2/28/2016 11:30am
dont matter who its is if the blue flag is waived , u gotta move over man or hold ur line , its as simple as tht
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
2/28/2016 11:33am
davistld01 wrote:

maybe you can post some of the "over and over" posts he did on twitter that make him look like a crybaby or anything unprofessional.
For those of us who only see one where he says he wishes js would have let them by earlier and one where he says he made a mistake himself and changed the line because he was afraid to have dungey land on him
Can't seem to find all those whiny posts everyone is talking about
newmann
2/28/2016 11:57am
I saw Stewart run both the leaders high in that turn when he should have been hugging the inside of the turn at a snails pace to let them by. In other words, move the f' over. They both had to have been thinking WTF.

Enough of that, who saw Malcolm pull that holey in his heat race??? Impressive.
BobPA
2/28/2016 12:16pm
newmann wrote:
I saw Stewart run both the leaders high in that turn when he should have been hugging the inside of the turn at a snails pace...
I saw Stewart run both the leaders high in that turn when he should have been hugging the inside of the turn at a snails pace to let them by. In other words, move the f' over. They both had to have been thinking WTF.

Enough of that, who saw Malcolm pull that holey in his heat race??? Impressive.
This
RG1
2/28/2016 1:39pm
RG1 wrote:
Stewart was getting blue flags for half a lap, he had plenty of opportunity to get well out of the way, he didn't. Marvin did make...
Big Lenny wrote:
A 1/2 lap?..did you have on your TV glasses?..MM was making mistakes long before James came into the picture, he almost went over the bars at...
A 1/2 lap?..did you have on your TV glasses?..MM was making mistakes long before James came into the picture, he almost went over the bars at the wall jump...
What on earth does that have to do with anything? That was the only slight bobble he made in 19 laps. Stewart had plenty of opportunity to get well out of the way, he didn't and he messed with the leaders. There was a great race going on and he wasn't in it, all he had to do was move over and slow a bit on the start straight and they would've been through. It wouldn't have cost him much time. It was just really poor from Stewart
HenryA
2/28/2016 3:52pm
Well at least he didn't roost the Asterisk medical crew and then cry on the podium. Whistling

Post a reply to: MM25

The Latest