ML512 A KIT suspension shootout?

ben5020
12/29/2017 7:53am
Any word on when that a kit suspension shootout is going to be released?
|
ML512
Fantasy
36th
12/29/2017 7:57am
ben5020 wrote:
It’s an ongoing project but I’m awaiting some parts to test...there’s no scheduled date for it’s release.
Acidreamer
12/29/2017 7:59am
Rumor has it hes just collecting kits upon kits for himself and not sharing any of it lol
ben5020
12/29/2017 8:00am
ben5020 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
It’s an ongoing project but I’m awaiting some parts to test...there’s no scheduled date for it’s release.
Can you post the original link for this topic? Instead of asking a million questions about how it's going to work I'll just read over that thread.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
12/29/2017 8:01am
ben5020 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
ben5020 wrote:
Can you post the original link for this topic? Instead of asking a million questions about how it's going to work I'll just read over that...
Can you post the original link for this topic? Instead of asking a million questions about how it's going to work I'll just read over that thread.
The original thread doesn’t have any real info to it. I just asked how interested people were in it.

The Shop

ben5020
12/29/2017 8:04am
So are you getting different kit suspension for each bike? Ktm/husky, kawi,Honda,Suzuki,yamaha kyb,ohlins,cone valves etc?
endurox
12/29/2017 8:43am
A shoot out for best 500$ fork upgrade would be great also. Not everyone has big buckets to throw at forks.
bd
12/29/2017 11:14am
Who did the test on the CRF 450? I could of sworn there was a test — maybe a Dirt Rider magazine. I’ll look though my old mags.
Johnny Depp
12/29/2017 11:14am
Shhh, let it die, it's most likely never going to happen.

Cool idea, anyone spending $5k + on a fork and shock would like to have some idea from a suspension guru. It is a wish list fantasy for most of us, and truthfully to get the most out of the kits you have to have a full support program on site with springs and the ability to revalve. The complexity of doing it like that is enormous.

Vital has a reputation for telling it like it is. It would cost them too much most likely.
Jbulz
Fantasy
3981st
12/29/2017 11:19am
ML, send those A kits my way and I'll tell you which one is best
AS64
Fantasy
2062nd
12/29/2017 11:38am
ML512 wrote:
KYB Factory Kit? Spring and Air?
12/29/2017 11:50am
ML512 wrote:
AS64 wrote:
He already stated that all kits in the shootout were spring. KYB Factory kit was included, as well as Showa A-kit, WP CV/Trax, and Ohlins. Here's the original thread: http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Starting-up-a-kit-suspens…
AS64
Fantasy
2062nd
12/29/2017 12:04pm
ML512 wrote:
AS64 wrote:
Sheriff245 wrote:
He already stated that all kits in the shootout were spring. KYB Factory kit was included, as well as Showa A-kit, WP CV/Trax, and Ohlins. Here's...
He already stated that all kits in the shootout were spring. KYB Factory kit was included, as well as Showa A-kit, WP CV/Trax, and Ohlins. Here's the original thread: http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Starting-up-a-kit-suspens…
Ahh alright, thank you.
305FC250
12/29/2017 12:54pm
endurox wrote:
A shoot out for best 500$ fork upgrade would be great also. Not everyone has big buckets to throw at forks.
I'd prefer to see something like this. Put companies like Racetech, Factory Connection, Pro Circuit, and Enzo against each other to see who does the best for $500 (or under $1000 even). Something that would be relevant to a much much larger crowd of riders.
slipdog
12/29/2017 1:22pm
bd wrote:
Who did the test on the CRF 450? I could of sworn there was a test — maybe a Dirt Rider magazine. I’ll look though my...
Who did the test on the CRF 450? I could of sworn there was a test — maybe a Dirt Rider magazine. I’ll look though my old mags.
Pretty sure it was Dirt Rider because it popped up in my FB news feed last week. Their consensus was, paraphrasing, The Cone Valves where had a nice plush feel for regular Joe's and they preferred the Trax turned off. The Showa and KYB had a rigid feel and you better be riding them hard.
305FC250
12/29/2017 1:50pm
bd wrote:
Who did the test on the CRF 450? I could of sworn there was a test — maybe a Dirt Rider magazine. I’ll look though my...
slipdog wrote:
Pretty sure it was Dirt Rider because it popped up in my FB news feed last week. Their consensus was, paraphrasing, The Cone Valves where had...
Pretty sure it was Dirt Rider because it popped up in my FB news feed last week. Their consensus was, paraphrasing, The Cone Valves where had a nice plush feel for regular Joe's and they preferred the Trax turned off. The Showa and KYB had a rigid feel and you better be riding them hard.
Lol did you even read it or did you just make that up? Cause that's not at all how their article went lol especially in regards to the KYBs.
slipdog
12/29/2017 3:14pm
bd wrote:
slipdog wrote:
Pretty sure it was Dirt Rider because it popped up in my FB news feed last week. Their consensus was, paraphrasing, The Cone Valves where had...
305FC250 wrote:
Lol did you even read it or did you just make that up? Cause that's not at all how their article went lol especially in regards...
Lol did you even read it or did you just make that up? Cause that's not at all how their article went lol especially in regards to the KYBs.
I stand by my highly "paraphrased" Review of their suspension review! Wink

I will admit to just skimming it, hence the "paraphrased", but pretty sure I recall he liked the WP and thought the Showa was firm and had them re do it a few times. Don't recall his opinion on the KYB stuff so I'll give you that one for sure. I wasn't meaning to giving a play by play of the review and sometimes forget my sarcasm doesn't always shine through on the internet.
NeedMoto
12/29/2017 3:16pm
bd wrote:
slipdog wrote:
305FC250 wrote:
Lol did you even read it or did you just make that up? Cause that's not at all how their article went lol especially in regards...
From the article...

What is unique about the KYB kit fork is that with the other two brands of kit forks you are losing a little comfort to gain performance, but with the KYB kit fork it feels like the advantages in performance and comfort are equally matched.
Myke
Fantasy
2861st
12/29/2017 3:26pm
I would just like to see how each one compares to how they are built.

I would assume you could get any of them to work awesome depending on who was setting them up.
MikeyB35
12/29/2017 6:24pm
Best suspension i ever felt was stock kyb sss fork and kyb shock on the 07 yz450f. Ti springs. Call me silly if you would like.
bd
12/30/2017 3:13am
slipdog wrote:
305FC250 wrote:
NeedMoto wrote:
From the article... What is unique about the KYB kit fork is that with the other two brands of kit forks you are losing a little...
From the article...

What is unique about the KYB kit fork is that with the other two brands of kit forks you are losing a little comfort to gain performance, but with the KYB kit fork it feels like the advantages in performance and comfort are equally matched.
12/30/2017 4:13am
305FC250 wrote:
I'd prefer to see something like this. Put companies like Racetech, Factory Connection, Pro Circuit, and Enzo against each other to see who does the best...
I'd prefer to see something like this. Put companies like Racetech, Factory Connection, Pro Circuit, and Enzo against each other to see who does the best for $500 (or under $1000 even). Something that would be relevant to a much much larger crowd of riders.
It would be cool but no suspension buisness is thr world would partake in that. To many variables with the potential for bad press/opinions
305FC250
12/30/2017 4:41am
305FC250 wrote:
I'd prefer to see something like this. Put companies like Racetech, Factory Connection, Pro Circuit, and Enzo against each other to see who does the best...
It would be cool but no suspension buisness is thr world would partake in that. To many variables with the potential for bad press/opinions
No doubt that would be the case. Just wishful thinking.
endurox
12/30/2017 10:10am
305FC250 wrote:
305FC250 wrote:
No doubt that would be the case. Just wishful thinking.
I have a great set up for the xplor fork for the KTM 150 xc-w. Kit costs 300$ Dal Soggio XP-One Kit and I charge 175$ labor which includes some revalving this kit. Add oil to this and one is at 500$.

Post a reply to: ML512 A KIT suspension shootout?

The Latest