ML512
Fantasy
54th
5/8/2022 10:40am
Big Lenny wrote:
Any idea what Malcolm said to Barcia after the race?....Huh
No clue.
5/8/2022 10:43am
And he’s the only one to do every single lap or whatever the statistic was…still got that ass smacked
byke
5/8/2022 10:43am
There would have been zero point in saying something to him. It's like telling someone to pick up trash they threw on the ground. If you have to tell them, there's no point in telling them.
APLMAN99
5/8/2022 10:54am
I can’t believe that there weren’t at least a few people staying close to either of them for the chance to record any interaction……

Even the crowd knew that it was a potential powder keg.

The Shop

mb60
5/8/2022 10:55am
Hope Mookie keeps the message silent until it's time to get even.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
5/8/2022 11:02am
APLMAN99 wrote:
I can’t believe that there weren’t at least a few people staying close to either of them for the chance to record any interaction…… Even the...
I can’t believe that there weren’t at least a few people staying close to either of them for the chance to record any interaction……

Most of the media guys were up in press box as the press conference area was up there. Photo guys would’ve been down at podium. We watched for abit to see what would happen but I never even saw them speak. But I eventually had to move on so may have missed it.
APLMAN99
5/8/2022 11:05am
APLMAN99 wrote:
I can’t believe that there weren’t at least a few people staying close to either of them for the chance to record any interaction…… Even the...

ML512 wrote:
Most of the media guys were up in press box as the press conference area was up there. Photo guys would’ve been down at podium. We...
Most of the media guys were up in press box as the press conference area was up there. Photo guys would’ve been down at podium. We watched for abit to see what would happen but I never even saw them speak. But I eventually had to move on so may have missed it.
Yeah, that makes sense for you guys who are actual pros, I was actually thinking more of regular Joes with cell phone cameras and stuff. Seems like everything is somehow recorded by someone today……
Titan1
5/8/2022 12:33pm
During his podium interview Malcom said they were going to have words, but when he walked off the podium he walked right past Barcia and didn’t even look at him…I think it’s all talk…and feeding the fans…

If it wasn’t for those two, and Marvin’s “I’m better than him” comment about webb after his heat race and then battles during the main, it would have been a snoozer of a race…way to many 90 degree corners for good racing.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
5/8/2022 12:52pm
Just like AC during his commentary about Barcia's move. Every rider out there on the track could literally make that same move that Barcia made EVERY SINGLE RACE and take out another rider. They make choices when racing, and 99% of the riders choose not to ride that way. Only one rider does (well, maybe two adding in Friese), and does so in a way that is always retaliation for getting passed (usually after getting passed cleanly).

And some of you dumbasses that think this is "good racing" and "what would Hannah do" is actually a good thing. You act all tough behind a keyboard. Might as well say screw it, lets turn the sport into something that resembles roller derby and WWE. Fuck it, I think every team should hire an "enforcer/goon" rider to do nothing but ride around targeting top riders of the other teams. I'm sure Bob Hannah would be all over that. Ya, that'll really make the sport grow.....

I'm all good with aggressive RACING. Some contact is going to happen, and its ok when they are racing forward and not trying to blatantly take other riders out. What Barcia did was over the line. He was penalized and fined. He should stay on probation and if it continues to happen, each penalty and fine should be more severe until it changes his behavior.
wreckitrandy
5/8/2022 2:05pm
TbonesPop wrote:
Just like AC during his commentary about Barcia's move. Every rider out there on the track could literally make that same move that Barcia made EVERY...
Just like AC during his commentary about Barcia's move. Every rider out there on the track could literally make that same move that Barcia made EVERY SINGLE RACE and take out another rider. They make choices when racing, and 99% of the riders choose not to ride that way. Only one rider does (well, maybe two adding in Friese), and does so in a way that is always retaliation for getting passed (usually after getting passed cleanly).

And some of you dumbasses that think this is "good racing" and "what would Hannah do" is actually a good thing. You act all tough behind a keyboard. Might as well say screw it, lets turn the sport into something that resembles roller derby and WWE. Fuck it, I think every team should hire an "enforcer/goon" rider to do nothing but ride around targeting top riders of the other teams. I'm sure Bob Hannah would be all over that. Ya, that'll really make the sport grow.....

I'm all good with aggressive RACING. Some contact is going to happen, and its ok when they are racing forward and not trying to blatantly take other riders out. What Barcia did was over the line. He was penalized and fined. He should stay on probation and if it continues to happen, each penalty and fine should be more severe until it changes his behavior.
Words and probation and fines have proven ineffective with Barcia. As bad as I hate to condone violence, it appears to be time for Malcom to move Justin's nose over a few millimeters. "There's two kinds of pain in this world. The kind that hurts. And the kind that alters." Denzel
ShipLap
5/8/2022 4:19pm
Big Lenny wrote:
Any idea what Malcolm said to Barcia after the race?....Huh
He said "Ouch."
luke11
Fantasy
2280th
5/9/2022 2:39am
TbonesPop wrote:
Just like AC during his commentary about Barcia's move. Every rider out there on the track could literally make that same move that Barcia made EVERY...

Words and probation and fines have proven ineffective with Barcia. As bad as I hate to condone violence, it appears to be time for Malcom to...
Words and probation and fines have proven ineffective with Barcia. As bad as I hate to condone violence, it appears to be time for Malcom to move Justin's nose over a few millimeters. "There's two kinds of pain in this world. The kind that hurts. And the kind that alters." Denzel
It’s not on Malcolm to have to change Barcias behaviour though, it’s on the AMA.
They’re too vague with the rules for a start. They need to get their shut together themselves, agree on the rules and how to differentiate between a T-Bone and a hard pass. Then they need to have a rider conference to clearly pass this information onto the riders. They then need to make the punishment a deterrent, at the end of the day, a few thou to bam bam is just the cost of doing business. Finally they have to be consistent across the board. Weather it’s a pass for 3rd or 13th.
All that is just too much work and too professional for the AMA though…
davistld01
5/9/2022 7:29am
I'd take $500 on Malcolm any day of the week.
wreckitrandy
5/9/2022 7:51am
TbonesPop wrote:

Words and probation and fines have proven ineffective with Barcia. As bad as I hate to condone violence, it appears to be time for Malcom to...
luke11 wrote:
It’s not on Malcolm to have to change Barcias behaviour though, it’s on the AMA. They’re too vague with the rules for a start. They need...
It’s not on Malcolm to have to change Barcias behaviour though, it’s on the AMA.
They’re too vague with the rules for a start. They need to get their shut together themselves, agree on the rules and how to differentiate between a T-Bone and a hard pass. Then they need to have a rider conference to clearly pass this information onto the riders. They then need to make the punishment a deterrent, at the end of the day, a few thou to bam bam is just the cost of doing business. Finally they have to be consistent across the board. Weather it’s a pass for 3rd or 13th.
All that is just too much work and too professional for the AMA though…
That's the thing though. The people responsible for corrective measures are failing the victims and essentially promoting the behavior. Punishment has to hurt bad enough to change an aggressor's mind. If traditional methods fail, a person has a right to defend himself. At least he should have a right.

Post a reply to: ML512?..

The Latest