MEC the new MXDN?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/28/2019 12:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/28/2019 1:53 PM

Edit: creating an event all top riders can participate in without schedule conflicts with a huge prize pool to make it worth going is a dumb idea according to vital. /thread



Something way out in left field..

What if over time monster cup evolved into a MXDN. Where people from all over come and actually have a lot of money to win. The track being a motocross and supercross mix suits both gp and ama guys.

Clearly theres interest from the GP guys to race it. Why not?

Obviously the format can change. 3 short motos isnt good enough for MXDN racing.

How cool would it be for a country to race to be the best in the world and for a million dollars?

|

8/28/2019 12:02 PM

How many guys from the GP's are racing it?

|

8/28/2019 12:04 PM

crowe176 wrote:

How many guys from the GP's are racing it?

Seems like more race it every year

|

8/28/2019 12:04 PM

Photo
|

- Filthy Euro
- Silly prankster
- Life-long Zook fan
- Rooting for all privateers on this rotating ball of carbon, hydrogen, silicon and poop

8/28/2019 12:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/28/2019 12:09 PM

The track in Assen is more of a MX/SX hybrid track than the MEC. The MEC is just a tame SX track with a long sweeping corner. I’ve never understood when people say the MEC track is a SX/MX hybrid... Daytona is the only thing close to that and even now it’s become more and more SX based.

|

8/28/2019 12:05 PM

crowe176 wrote:

How many guys from the GP's are racing it?

kb228 wrote:

Seems like more race it every year

How many raced it last year?

|

8/28/2019 12:05 PM

Nihilists ? Fuck me.

|

8/28/2019 12:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/28/2019 12:11 PM

ATKpilot99 wrote:

Nihilists ? Fuck me.

They care about nothing.

|

8/28/2019 12:13 PM

crowe176 wrote:

How many guys from the GP's are racing it?

kb228 wrote:

Seems like more race it every year

crowe176 wrote:

How many raced it last year?

I'll just answer myself. Zero GP guys raced MEC last year. /thread

|

8/28/2019 12:14 PM

aeffertz wrote:

The track in Assen is more of a MX/SX hybrid track than the MEC. The MEC is just a tame SX track with a long sweeping corner. I’ve never understood when people say the MEC track is a SX/MX hybrid... Daytona is the only thing close to that and even now it’s become more and more SX based.

Sure, why not build tracks like that?

Main point here, why not combine both events. We get a MXDN ALL riders can part take in AND $1,000,000 prize pool to make it worth going.

|

8/28/2019 12:18 PM

kb228 wrote:

Seems like more race it every year

crowe176 wrote:

How many raced it last year?

crowe176 wrote:

I'll just answer myself. Zero GP guys raced MEC last year. /thread

Theres still interest. And theres 2 of them racing this year. Yet theres an entire brand of motorcycles that pulled out of mxdn and more industry people frustrated with the schedule.

Why not explore ways to make it worth going?

|

8/28/2019 12:21 PM

Sxdn

|

why does Kermit's fingers always smell like pork?

8/28/2019 12:21 PM

crowe176 wrote:

How many guys from the GP's are racing it?

That's a direct correlation to them sucking at SX, so

|

8/28/2019 12:21 PM

It'll never happen. A lot of privateers count on MEC for offseason cash.

|

8/28/2019 12:42 PM

Not even close

|

8/28/2019 12:43 PM

Just for fun, lets relate this to Rock and Roll.......

MXDN = The Beatles
MEC = The New Kids on the Block

For Clarity:
The Beatles = The real deal, a real band, rock & roll legends, skill musicians and song writers....
The New Kids on the Block = a put together band, fabricated, marketed to groupies and fans,gimmicks,ect.

The answer to your question is No, MEC will never replace MXDN any more than the New Kids could ever do anything more than hold the Beatles jackets!

|

8/28/2019 12:53 PM

kb228 wrote:

Theres still interest. And theres 2 of them racing this year. Yet theres an entire brand of motorcycles that pulled out of mxdn and more industry people frustrated with the schedule.

Why not explore ways to make it worth going?

Not an entire brand pulled out of MXoN, one US based team did. And the only industry people frustrated are from the US.

|

8/28/2019 12:53 PM

ATKpilot99 wrote:

Nihilists ? Fuck me.

Nihilists! Fuck me. I mean, say what you want about the tenets of National Socialism, Dude, at least it's an ethos

|

8/28/2019 12:57 PM

2 European riders racing a Supercross does not make it an MXdN. There’s nothing wrong with the current MXdN. The day an event like the MEC replaces the MXdN is the day I find another sport to watch

|

8/28/2019 12:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/28/2019 1:00 PM

kb228 wrote:

Theres still interest. And theres 2 of them racing this year. Yet theres an entire brand of motorcycles that pulled out of mxdn and more industry people frustrated with the schedule.

Why not explore ways to make it worth going?

so you are saying not a single Kawasaki at startgate of MXON Assen ? thats new ...when did Kawasaki decide to pull out all bikes for this race and why ? ?

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

8/28/2019 1:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/28/2019 1:06 PM

There's no way OP is actually this dumb

|

8/28/2019 1:07 PM

Ray_MXS wrote:

There's no way OP is actually this dumb

we might need to start a poll

Is OP really...
a) that dumb
b) just a slut for clicks
c) member of union

|

- Filthy Euro
- Silly prankster
- Life-long Zook fan
- Rooting for all privateers on this rotating ball of carbon, hydrogen, silicon and poop

8/28/2019 1:09 PM

Last Braaap wrote:

we might need to start a poll

Is OP really...
a) that dumb
b) just a slut for clicks
c) member of union

d) all of the above

|

8/28/2019 1:10 PM

Don't do drugs kids

|

8/28/2019 1:18 PM

Ray_MXS wrote:

There's no way OP is actually this dumb

Well, sometimes, it's a cathartic.

|

8/28/2019 1:22 PM

NITRODOG wrote:

Just for fun, lets relate this to Rock and Roll.......

MXDN = The Beatles
MEC = The New Kids on the Block

For Clarity:
The Beatles = The real deal, a real band, rock & roll legends, skill musicians and song writers....
The New Kids on the Block = a put together band, fabricated, marketed to groupies and fans,gimmicks,ect.

The answer to your question is No, MEC will never replace MXDN any more than the New Kids could ever do anything more than hold the Beatles jackets!

This year, MXoN is on a temporary Fairgrounds-style track. The Beatles are lip-synching.

|