MEC in Orlando next year?

mxrider225
Fantasy
2876th
Edited Date/Time 10/23/2018 9:17am
Did anyone else hear this on the Pulpmx show last week? I was wondering if there’s any more details behind this rumor.
|
JTM5427
10/21/2018 4:59pm
I've heard that UNLV the owners of Sam Boyd Stadium wanted FELD to sign a multi-year lease for the facility, FELD decided they want to go to the new Raiders stadium that is under construction for MEC and Vegas Finals when it opens in 2020. Apparently, there was almost a chance that the 2019 finals would not have been in Vegas this upcoming year but it looks as if they worked that out.
mxrider225
Fantasy
2876th
10/21/2018 7:31pm
JTM5427 wrote:
I've heard that UNLV the owners of Sam Boyd Stadium wanted FELD to sign a multi-year lease for the facility, FELD decided they want to go...
I've heard that UNLV the owners of Sam Boyd Stadium wanted FELD to sign a multi-year lease for the facility, FELD decided they want to go to the new Raiders stadium that is under construction for MEC and Vegas Finals when it opens in 2020. Apparently, there was almost a chance that the 2019 finals would not have been in Vegas this upcoming year but it looks as if they worked that out.
So I wonder if the MEC has a spot in Sam Boyd in 2019 or if that’s where the Orlando rumor comes from.
bvm111
10/21/2018 10:03pm
I worked at UNLV for a couple years as the executive officer for the Army ROTC program a few years ago and managed to get to know the San Boyd people pretty well (box seats for free we’re AWESOME.) My understanding from conversations with them is that they will move both the MEC and SX finals to the Raiders stadium when it opens. That was two years ago and could have changed since my conversations with them at that time.

That being said, MEC in different cities every year might be a pretty cool idea!
MW19
10/21/2018 11:10pm
Yeah I wouldnt mind MEC being in a different city every year. Different types of tracks/dirt would be rad.

The Shop

Sully
10/21/2018 11:49pm Edited Date/Time 10/21/2018 11:50pm
MW19 wrote:
Yeah I wouldnt mind MEC being in a different city every year. Different types of tracks/dirt would be rad.
I like this idea. Only problem I see with doing it in different cities every year, is that both baseball and football are going on at this time of year, so it might be more difficult to get a stadium scheduled.
mxbrian15
10/22/2018 5:35am
Citrus Bowl would be perfect for this event! Bring it on!
10/22/2018 5:38am Edited Date/Time 10/22/2018 5:43am
Charlotte held a GP should handle MEC no problem. To bad it doesnt bring the big money the facility wants.

Might have worked with the NHRA nationals next door at Z-max on the same weekend. Thats a whole group of potential ticket sales.
jasonward73
10/22/2018 5:53am
biscuit11 wrote:
Daytona?? Why not??
Cause Daytona sucks as a destination city. Vegas has tons to offer besides the MEC so traveling their for a one off race is more justifiable.

This is coming from a lifelong FL resident that has been to more Bike Weeks than I can remember.
Preston412
10/22/2018 6:15am
biscuit11 wrote:
Daytona?? Why not??
Supercross during bike week and RBSR during biketoberfest. Sounds great
10/22/2018 6:18am Edited Date/Time 10/22/2018 6:20am
Charlotte held a GP should handle MEC no problem. To bad it doesnt bring the big money the facility wants. Might have worked with the NHRA...
Charlotte held a GP should handle MEC no problem. To bad it doesnt bring the big money the facility wants.

Might have worked with the NHRA nationals next door at Z-max on the same weekend. Thats a whole group of potential ticket sales.
Negative. The dirt track oval is 0.4mi around. That's a loop length of 2,112ft. This year's RBSR was 2,225ft, in a straight line.

Only place in Charlotte where this could make sense would be on zMax Drag Strip.... which quickly got the kabosh put on it when they first announced the GP would be held there. (but how sick would 4 wide straight rhythm be?!) but again, no way anything dirt related takes place there; nor should it.
Renner153
Fantasy
3578th
10/22/2018 9:10am
Charlotte held a GP should handle MEC no problem. To bad it doesnt bring the big money the facility wants. Might have worked with the NHRA...

Negative. The dirt track oval is 0.4mi around. That's a loop length of 2,112ft. This year's RBSR was 2,225ft, in a straight line. Only place in...
Negative. The dirt track oval is 0.4mi around. That's a loop length of 2,112ft. This year's RBSR was 2,225ft, in a straight line.

Only place in Charlotte where this could make sense would be on zMax Drag Strip.... which quickly got the kabosh put on it when they first announced the GP would be held there. (but how sick would 4 wide straight rhythm be?!) but again, no way anything dirt related takes place there; nor should it.
Ummm....MEC isnt in a straight line....
10/22/2018 9:16am Edited Date/Time 10/22/2018 9:23am

Negative. The dirt track oval is 0.4mi around. That's a loop length of 2,112ft. This year's RBSR was 2,225ft, in a straight line. Only place in...

Renner153 wrote:
Ummm....MEC isnt in a straight line....
Wow. Nice. Sure is Monday morning isn't it..... "My bad!" (won't let me downvote my own post haha)

10/22/2018 11:04am
It would be cool to see MEC move around to different cities, but Vegas has so much to offer during the weekend besides going to the race. Good weather all year is a good incentive too.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
10/23/2018 7:10am
I doubt it's coming to Orlando after the bad reviews it gets each time supercross has been there. I would love it being so close but Vegas seems a better fit.
10/23/2018 9:14am Edited Date/Time 10/23/2018 9:16am

Was it a long weekend lol.
There is the speedway that could host MEC as well.
I pass by the tracks all the time and just look at the mountains of dirt they are moving around behind it and think someday...........
One of the parking lots has some major dirt moving going on that could host an extreme enduro.
There is enough space and venues to have a whole dirt bike week.

I think that is just a dream though since the GP was axed for a second year. Was so pissed they didn't cone back for the second year cause i was in TX during the first one.

Post a reply to: MEC in Orlando next year?

The Latest