MEC has lost its luster

Phantom 661
10/23/2019 8:10am
Not every race night will be memorable. There was some good racing though. Not time to pull the plug just yet. If I've learned anything here it's that the Vital prophets never know ahead of time which race will produce spectacular viewing pleasure and which ones will fall a bit short. I'm gonna keep watching.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
10/23/2019 11:01am Edited Date/Time 10/23/2019 11:02am
I think the only reason it lost its luster a little is because
So many weren't there.
Also maybe time to try a different format imo
Like 2 ,15 minutes main event races , and maybe add something
Like a 125 two stroke class!
ATKpilot99
10/23/2019 11:06am
Tarz483 wrote:
I think the only reason it lost its luster a little is because So many weren't there. Also maybe time to try a different format imo...
So many weren't there.
Keep it 3 races 10 , 12, and 15 laps but lose the joker lane . Let them just race. I like how fast the track was this year though.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
10/23/2019 11:09am
Tarz483 wrote:
I think the only reason it lost its luster a little is because So many weren't there. Also maybe time to try a different format imo...
So many weren't there.
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Keep it 3 races 10 , 12, and 15 laps but lose the joker lane . Let them just race. I like how fast the track...
Keep it 3 races 10 , 12, and 15 laps but lose the joker lane . Let them just race. I like how fast the track was this year though.
I like the joker lane this year I wish that would have been just included as part of the track and every one had to go that way every lap.

The Shop

avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
10/23/2019 11:10am
haydos25 wrote:
Was it near capacity? Looked pretty empty when AC was doing his victory lap or did everyone leave before the final race? Matthes was also mentioning...
Was it near capacity? Looked pretty empty when AC was doing his victory lap or did everyone leave before the final race? Matthes was also mentioning attendance was pretty light on his wrap up podcast.
Definitely nowhere near capacity. I would guess 60-70% in the stadium itself. There were plenty of empty seats all over.
And has been mentioned, a 1/3rd of the seating was tarp'd off. I'd call that poor attendance.
Press516
Fantasy
126th
10/23/2019 11:17am
I was expecting a dud... It wasn't. The few things I wanted to see, Mookie, Gajser and AC on the 450 all turned out to be highlights. It was good racing.... Would it have been better with the other 12 contenders? Hell yeah. But the show didn't disappoint.

I love the support races too...
10/23/2019 5:28pm

I hang for this race , between may & January with minimal sx races this is unreal to see
10/24/2019 5:29am
I have attended the race once. We went to the stadium early, there is a lot to see and do before the races start. Overall it was a great experience and I will go again. When the idea of the first race was announced it was pitched as an Open Class race for up to a million dollars. I envisioned a field of bad ass bikes with both known and unknown riders. I was thinking built 500 two strokes and big bore kit four strokes. It turned out to be just another supercross event with some different classes and formats. With that said I do enjoy watching the event and I hope it continues. This year's 3rd moto was just fantastic.
I hope we see more contenders next year. With the popularity of two strokes coming back, it would be nice to see more participation. Alessi riding the YZ250 was not even talked about, that I heard. It would have been nice to see some 300SX and bikes like were used in straight rhythm. A exclusive open two stroke race would be awsome.
mxb2
10/25/2019 6:04am
I have attended the race once. We went to the stadium early, there is a lot to see and do before the races start. Overall it...
I have attended the race once. We went to the stadium early, there is a lot to see and do before the races start. Overall it was a great experience and I will go again. When the idea of the first race was announced it was pitched as an Open Class race for up to a million dollars. I envisioned a field of bad ass bikes with both known and unknown riders. I was thinking built 500 two strokes and big bore kit four strokes. It turned out to be just another supercross event with some different classes and formats. With that said I do enjoy watching the event and I hope it continues. This year's 3rd moto was just fantastic.
I hope we see more contenders next year. With the popularity of two strokes coming back, it would be nice to see more participation. Alessi riding the YZ250 was not even talked about, that I heard. It would have been nice to see some 300SX and bikes like were used in straight rhythm. A exclusive open two stroke race would be awsome.
Rbsr was all 2 strokes, mec had race what ya want.

Post a reply to: MEC has lost its luster

The Latest