MEC 2019 track

Related:
Create New Tag

8/6/2019 8:12 AM

2 different starting positions and 1 race backwards, looks like no joker lane, cool to try something different.
Photo

|

8/6/2019 8:15 AM

There is a joker lane. I just watched all three tracks over at racer x.

|

if you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough

8/6/2019 8:16 AM

Am I the only one who thinks this is not a great idea?

|

8/6/2019 8:17 AM

sleeve1 wrote:

Sand section next to start straight?

|

8/6/2019 8:18 AM

sleeve1 wrote:

early wrote:

Sand section next to start straight?

yep

|

8/6/2019 8:21 AM

Great, completely amateur style rolled rhythms to allow reverse track. Just what everyone wants to see.

|

8/6/2019 8:35 AM

Do they get drug tested by FIM? If not they should.

|

8/6/2019 8:39 AM

Track Design 1

Track Design 2

Track Design 3

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

8/6/2019 8:40 AM

Tracks gonna be so easy. Can’t have any SX style jumps with the track going backwards

|

8/6/2019 8:48 AM

I feel both ways about it, on one hand I am worried it would be TOO easy for these guys and am concerned about it being boring. On the other hand, I think it will be interesting to see something different. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. at least they're trying to change things up. Also, I haven't watched the videos yet, but don't see from the pics where the joker lane is...is that it to the left of the inside start?

|

8/6/2019 8:49 AM

I'm really not looking forward to this layout..

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

8/6/2019 8:51 AM

Interesting... I guess. Maybe it works, maybe not, something different. how are they doing qualifying times tho?

|

8/6/2019 8:55 AM

I like the overall concept. Who cares if the rhythm lanes aren't as technical as normal SX tracks. It's an off-season race: no need for riders to get hurt just as they are starting prep for 2020 SX or MXGP. Hope this further encourages Gajser to come.

|

8/6/2019 8:57 AM

Going to be a lot harder for someone to win the million with an even easier track than usual.

|

8/6/2019 9:01 AM

Turning more and more into a Monster truck event.

|

8/6/2019 9:18 AM

As long as the top guys get a good start, the racing is usually better on an easier track. Also, just because the faces are mellow does not mean there won't be anything to separate the riders. I give them credit for trying new things and keeping it interesting. Can't wait.

|

8/6/2019 9:41 AM

sandtrack315 wrote:

As long as the top guys get a good start, the racing is usually better on an easier track. Also, just because the faces are ...more

Yep. Anybody remember Glendale 2017 where Reed finished 2nd? That track was easy as hell compared to the average SX track yet produced probably some of the best racing in years

|

8/6/2019 10:24 AM

The jumps might not be as technical, but the ruts, breaking bumps, and acceleration bumps are gonna be crazy. I reckon there'll be some good racing as everyone struggles to stay smooth.

|

8/6/2019 11:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/6/2019 11:26 AM

Rumor has it that 2021 SX triple crown events will run with 3 layouts per race 😂

|

8/6/2019 11:16 AM

Amazing how people want to poo poo different ideas. What's the harm in trying something different? I seem to remember when people were skeptical of straight rhythm and we see how that has done. If the track is in fact "easier", maybe we won't see top guys wading themselves. But doing this isn't really a new concept... plenty of tracks have reversed direction (maybe not in the same event per say) and how many of us have gone out and ridden our practice track backwards? I even remember that some hare scramble events would run portions of the MX track backwards... where was the outrage then?

|

8/6/2019 11:26 AM

You have to respect them trying something different. I just worry one of these guys are going to have a brain fart and go the wrong way or something.

|

8/6/2019 11:39 AM

BAD BAD BAD idea across the board.

|

8/6/2019 11:45 AM

Aren't the MEC tracks always really tame? I thought they always kept the jumps small and had no whoops because of the Futures and Super Mini classes that also race.

Anyway, I like the new idea!

|

8/6/2019 11:51 AM

How will they do practice for all 3 versions?

|

8/6/2019 12:25 PM

As long as the track is prepped accordingly for each race I'm cool with it. To me this looks like a good way of hurting yourself during the off season IMO. I'll be pumped to watch it though!

|

8/6/2019 12:40 PM

Cool to try something different. Uncool that this is more important to Kawasaki than the 'des nations.

|

8/6/2019 12:40 PM

I looked at the first design and tought “shit, looks dangerous”. 2nd and 3rd cant be worst than this.
NEVERMIND. jesus ahah seriously? It will be super funny but dangerous as fuck.

|

rarararaataatatatata

8/6/2019 2:06 PM

Ya know, the guys building these tracks have been doing this a long, long time. I’m pretty sure there will we some serous booters. I’m betting the track will be typical MEC “Fast and High”.

I hope Trey shows up on his “RCF Test Bike”.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

8/6/2019 2:28 PM

MotoMan12345 wrote:

Tracks gonna be so easy. Can’t have any SX style jumps with the track going backwards

Should allow for super tight, close action packed racing then, right?

I'm seeing a lot of comments from people hating this design. Aren't some of you the same ones who refer to SX as "Death-cross"??? Saying the jumps are too big and how quads are killing the sport, etc? If the track design is mellow to allow for it being ran backwards, that could really set up some close bar to bar racing across the board.

|

MCM2 name - RXR_ProKawi24
PS4 Gamertag "Rocko24" - Add me for MES2 (soon to be MES3)

8/6/2019 2:36 PM

AUS X Open will be better off with the looks of this track.

|