MCR medical insurance?

Tony said on the pulp show that all of the riders have health insurance? Are any other private teams doing this?
|
MelonFan123
12/3/2018 10:45am
Doubt it. Hell, some factory teams don't even do that and have team members as private contractors, not employees.

I remember hearing that in their Pulp interview as well and it caught my attention. MCR and Genova should be applauded for that gesture. I'm sure he runs their policy through his parent company so the extra costs to him are minimal, but still very cool that they offer it.
kb228
12/3/2018 10:50am
The oems could do that for the riders. Make them ktm employees or whatevee
YZed250
12/3/2018 1:11pm Edited Date/Time 12/3/2018 1:11pm

The Shop

jhansen510
Fantasy
3595th
12/3/2018 4:29pm
captmoto wrote:
They are probably showing as Smart Top employees. This would be the easy way to do it.
https://smartopspacover.com/
If I was guessing I imagine it is setup something as follow.

The MCR team is setup as its own entity.
Leisure concepts which I believe is the parent company of Smartop signs on as a sponsor of the race team. The race team operates at an annual loss. Smartop gets to deduct the sponsorship. The loss is used to offset profits from other entities.

If Genova is putting health insurance in place for his riders, kudos to him. Highly unlikely that he has them listed as employees of Smartop/Leisure concepts.
rdrurypi
12/3/2018 4:34pm
Doubt it. Hell, some factory teams don't even do that and have team members as private contractors, not employees. I remember hearing that in their Pulp...
Doubt it. Hell, some factory teams don't even do that and have team members as private contractors, not employees.

I remember hearing that in their Pulp interview as well and it caught my attention. MCR and Genova should be applauded for that gesture. I'm sure he runs their policy through his parent company so the extra costs to him are minimal, but still very cool that they offer it.
Define "minimal'? He probably puts out around $400-$500 for the rider alone per month. It would still add up to around 6K a year and would be a really nice benefit.
tcannon521
Fantasy
1417th
12/4/2018 6:51pm
kb228 wrote:
The oems could do that for the riders. Make them ktm employees or whatevee
If they make them employees would they qualify for workers comp, unemployment and all the other benefits?

I bet that’s a bigger rabbit hole to go down than just giving them insurance or a monthly reimbursement.

Post a reply to: MCR medical insurance?

The Latest