MCM2 Vet - New to Vital

AMA_King
11/14/2019 8:25am Edited Date/Time 11/14/2019 10:51am
AMA_King here...

Long time no race, but I see a lot of old friends & familiar names here.

AMA_Whymee told me that MCM2 was making a comeback!

I'll catch up on the thread & see if I can get into it again.

BobbyM
11/14/2019 9:17am
ProKawi24 wrote:
What's up, For those that raced MCM2 online, you may remember me as ProKawi24 or the team I was on RXR_ProKawi24. Real name is Carl, 29...
What's up,
For those that raced MCM2 online, you may remember me as ProKawi24 or the team I was on RXR_ProKawi24.
Real name is Carl, 29 years old now but started racing at age 4. I've been a lurker here for a while, decided to finally join now with the new SX game which is the first decent game since the MCM days. Would love to get tournaments and teams going again if possible. I used to make some tracks too with that b*tch of a program Dillo & using photoshop for the actual layouts. I remember seeing one of my last tracks on mcmfactory not too long ago from a contest I was in soon before everything kind of folder. I think it got 3rd place. I saw Spodeboy on here somewhere, I was a huge fan of his replica SX tracks.

There seems to be a lot of guys on here from NorCal. For those who really knew me you'll remember I was paralyzed waist-down during a race in 2001 when I was 12. I'm from NorCal, my usual tracks were Hangtown, Marysville Riverfront & E Street, Argyll Park, Mammoth Bar, & Livermore. I had the #4 KX80 PC/Splitfire bike and also a KX85 during the last year I rode when they first came out. We used to pit out of a big white box van.

Anyways, hoping these damn bugs get fixed with a patch soon. I was able to play the game for a few days on PS4 but then got all the nasty glitches and error messages a lot of other guys seem to be getting. I'll join the Vital community on PS online soon but wanted to join here so people would know who the hell I am lol.

Any old buds hit me up, been a real long time since I've been involved with the online MX community Smile
Right on, from one norcaler to another. Welcome friend.
rekless3
4/3/2020 2:31pm
WOW! Great thread. OCR_rekless here. Good times with guys that became great friends. Shoutout to my brothers from OCR. scottie, kaze, snap, scottaka, green, smokingreen, dirtfool, IOU, and RIP DanHalen RIP fuff_Goose.

Still a huge MX fan and follow this site closely. Great to see MCM guys that posted to this thread. I remember all of you. GGS fellas. I still actually play shooter games with some of the old timers. YBS_Dino and Superrat. ATA_rail.

definitely remember the flatout nights LC! LOL classic

rek
DCL36
4/3/2020 3:53pm
Practically a who's who of MCM2 everyone's come out of the woodwork, time sure does fly hard to believe its been 20+ years. I sure did get addicted the zone racing and recording times on Gekko's TTM recorder. But the real time burglar was track making and all the learning processes with PS, 3DS Max, dillo, dillo too and all the content forums I had a great time building these for everyone to use. I wasn't ever going to release a half assed track with my name on it I spent months in my spare time on quite a few different tracks getting them to ride the way I felt they should and look as best I could get them to look . I really felt like the last track I finished and released I had finally got the tracks to where I had them where I wanted them visually and as close to a proper simulation as I could get it to with the existing physics engine . This Cahuilla map from BITD has terragen based textures and sky cube and is most likely my best work in my opinion .
With modern hardware I suspect I could really make a fun displacement at 512 that could be run at a decent frame rate.

The Shop

AUS_Twisted
5/26/2020 4:53pm Edited Date/Time 5/26/2020 4:54pm
Happy 20th birthday for Motocross Madness 2 today released on May 26th 2000 I believe Shocked 20 years for a person is young but in the gaming / tech world it's pretty old haha. MCM2 one of my all time top 5 online racing games ever made.

BTW great to see more replies to this thread since I last checked from some familiar names Smile
KAYTOI
5/26/2020 6:56pm
20 years, wow. I used to be a kid under the tag 'FreestylerMX". Glory years of online gaming that's for sure! Those AUS_Rocket tracks were such a blast and Twisted you were always a perfectionist and never seemed to make a single mistake while racing, your consistency was crazy, some epic battles between you and GHETTOxFAB.

Funny looking back remembering you giving the zone room live typed updates on the AMA SX races. Back when Byrne was racing and Reed just came onto the scene. Glad you had the optus cable when 95% of us were on 56k!

Luckily now i can watch it all live on TV ! Hopefully Reedy can go out with a bang and Jett and Hunter can keep the aussie flame burning.

Cheers to all those skilled individuals that made tracks/skins for giving their time and effort to make such an awesome community.

876moto
5/27/2020 1:08pm
SPODEBOY wrote:
Great times [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/05/27/429708/s1200_SPODES_2003SX_ROUND5.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/05/27/429709/s1200_SPODES_2003SX_ROUND6.jpg[/img]
Great times

Oh man I downloaded all your tracks as a kid. So crazy that 20 years later people would still be talking about this game.
SPODEBOY
5/27/2020 3:06pm
SPODEBOY wrote:
Great times [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/05/27/429708/s1200_SPODES_2003SX_ROUND5.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/05/27/429709/s1200_SPODES_2003SX_ROUND6.jpg[/img]
Great times

876moto wrote:
Oh man I downloaded all your tracks as a kid. So crazy that 20 years later people would still be talking about this game.

Thanks for the kind words.
Yeah I LOVED making them from scratch like that. I Wish I could get a real editor for MES3.

Post a reply to: MCM2 Vet - New to Vital

The Latest