MCM2 Vet - New to Vital

AUS_Twisted
9/12/2019 1:58am
Noobs Tongue

Almost 20 years since MCM2 came out Shocked crazy when thinking about it.
22Ryann
Fantasy
4080th
9/12/2019 5:12am
Noobs Tongue

Still no mx gaming community / game has been close to competing. Smile
ocscottie
9/12/2019 6:27am Edited Date/Time 9/12/2019 6:33am
Noobs Tongue

TwittyCunt! Hows is going mate? Man i just read through this whole thread...damn i miss those days.

Remember this: http://ocscottie.com/finish/

...and this is still on my server: http://mcmlinks.ocscottie.com/

I wonder how many of these team sites are still up? http://mcmlinks.ocscottie.com/teams.htm

9/12/2019 8:21am
ProKawi24 wrote:
Dude those tracks were amazing! I would also sit for hours and hours with that little recording program thing (was it TXR???) that recorded everyone's lap...
Dude those tracks were amazing! I would also sit for hours and hours with that little recording program thing (was it TXR???) that recorded everyone's lap times and posted to their site. Slingshot was like the most raced on track in MCM2 history lol.
Hey man! It was TTM RAcing haha

RXR_Banjo here !!!

The Shop

ocscottie
9/12/2019 7:54pm
Just found an old track by Crucify, some major WFO shit! Preload park!

AUS_Twisted
9/12/2019 8:50pm
22Ryann wrote:
Still no mx gaming community / game has been close to competing. Smile
Yep the whole feeling of being in the Zone with the various websites with forums and tracks was so awesome back then.
AUS_Twisted
9/12/2019 9:05pm
ocscottie wrote:
TwittyCunt! Hows is going mate? Man i just read through this whole thread...damn i miss those days. Remember this: http://ocscottie.com/finish/ ...and this is still on my...
TwittyCunt! Hows is going mate? Man i just read through this whole thread...damn i miss those days.

Remember this: http://ocscottie.com/finish/

...and this is still on my server: http://mcmlinks.ocscottie.com/

I wonder how many of these team sites are still up? http://mcmlinks.ocscottie.com/teams.htm

Hey OC thought ya might see this thread I brought back up Wink

Been doing a bit of iRacing lately with a good set of wheel and pedals to finally retire the sidewinder stick earlier this year Smile And yeah I do remember your website, wish MCM2 was updated with a DX9 or 11 patch to make it properly compatible with modern software and hardware as the dgVoodoo emulator thing is not that ideal with 50 FPS when I tried.

Good to see you still post here and I still have that screenshot also haha
Denn700
9/13/2019 6:59am
Hey OC thought ya might see this thread I brought back up ;) Been doing a bit of iRacing lately with a good set of wheel...
Hey OC thought ya might see this thread I brought back up Wink

Been doing a bit of iRacing lately with a good set of wheel and pedals to finally retire the sidewinder stick earlier this year Smile And yeah I do remember your website, wish MCM2 was updated with a DX9 or 11 patch to make it properly compatible with modern software and hardware as the dgVoodoo emulator thing is not that ideal with 50 FPS when I tried.

Good to see you still post here and I still have that screenshot also haha
I wish modern MX games would be made centered around a flight stick. The Precision pro is still to this day the best mx sim type experience I have had in an mx game.
I have moved on to the car sims also. I used to play IRacing a bunch but have been hitting up Raceroom lately.
9/13/2019 12:06pm
22Ryann wrote:
Just dug up this old video i made for VurbMotoGamers [embed] https://youtu.be/bwJ-vlYsu1o [/embed]
Just dug up this old video i made for VurbMotoGamers

how is it that everyone loved gameplay like this but All Out gets so much flack? i really don’t understand....any opinion?
ProKawi24
9/13/2019 12:36pm
ProKawi24 wrote:
Dude those tracks were amazing! I would also sit for hours and hours with that little recording program thing (was it TXR???) that recorded everyone's lap...
Dude those tracks were amazing! I would also sit for hours and hours with that little recording program thing (was it TXR???) that recorded everyone's lap times and posted to their site. Slingshot was like the most raced on track in MCM2 history lol.
Hey man! It was TTM RAcing haha

RXR_Banjo here !!!
Banjo!!! What's up buddy?!?

You're right it was TTM. That recorder gave a whole new life to the game and competition. Nothing has come very close to the old MSNZone setup and the way that game played, the tournaments we'd have, the track building competitions. Loved those days.
Denn700
9/13/2019 2:36pm
22Ryann wrote:
Just dug up this old video i made for VurbMotoGamers [embed] https://youtu.be/bwJ-vlYsu1o [/embed]
Just dug up this old video i made for VurbMotoGamers

how is it that everyone loved gameplay like this but All Out gets so much flack? i really don’t understand....any opinion?
Graphics wise All Out is better but I like the Physics of MCM2 better. I was a hater of All Out but the new tracks have changed my mind. I still don’t like the barrel rolls and flips air physics though. MCM felt more natural rolling the joystick to whip. I think if rainbow would have kept making improvements to MCM instead of reinventing the wheel so many times we would have a phenomenal game.
9/13/2019 3:00pm
ProKawi24 wrote:
What's up, For those that raced MCM2 online, you may remember me as ProKawi24 or the team I was on RXR_ProKawi24. Real name is Carl, 29...
What's up,
For those that raced MCM2 online, you may remember me as ProKawi24 or the team I was on RXR_ProKawi24.
Real name is Carl, 29 years old now but started racing at age 4. I've been a lurker here for a while, decided to finally join now with the new SX game which is the first decent game since the MCM days. Would love to get tournaments and teams going again if possible. I used to make some tracks too with that b*tch of a program Dillo & using photoshop for the actual layouts. I remember seeing one of my last tracks on mcmfactory not too long ago from a contest I was in soon before everything kind of folder. I think it got 3rd place. I saw Spodeboy on here somewhere, I was a huge fan of his replica SX tracks.

There seems to be a lot of guys on here from NorCal. For those who really knew me you'll remember I was paralyzed waist-down during a race in 2001 when I was 12. I'm from NorCal, my usual tracks were Hangtown, Marysville Riverfront & E Street, Argyll Park, Mammoth Bar, & Livermore. I had the #4 KX80 PC/Splitfire bike and also a KX85 during the last year I rode when they first came out. We used to pit out of a big white box van.

Anyways, hoping these damn bugs get fixed with a patch soon. I was able to play the game for a few days on PS4 but then got all the nasty glitches and error messages a lot of other guys seem to be getting. I'll join the Vital community on PS online soon but wanted to join here so people would know who the hell I am lol.

Any old buds hit me up, been a real long time since I've been involved with the online MX community Smile
hell yea dude whats up its XcalendartX.
9/13/2019 3:02pm
the times
9/13/2019 3:02pm
Denn700 wrote:
Graphics wise All Out is better but I like the Physics of MCM2 better. I was a hater of All Out but the new tracks have...
Graphics wise All Out is better but I like the Physics of MCM2 better. I was a hater of All Out but the new tracks have changed my mind. I still don’t like the barrel rolls and flips air physics though. MCM felt more natural rolling the joystick to whip. I think if rainbow would have kept making improvements to MCM instead of reinventing the wheel so many times we would have a phenomenal game.
when All Out came out, i thought oh shit, it’s new age MCM. ie the gravity and turning.

but to your comment, see that’s where i just have to say....that is the silliest and most rediculous opinion lol. respectfully. i for the life of me cannot fathom how someone can like the physics of mcm better. when it comes to the barrel rolls and flips in air, i mean, i can’t remeber the last time my rider did either because it’s all user input, meaning i just don’t make the rider do that. it sounds to me like you didn’t give the controls enough time to really get the feel of since you’re making your rider do 360s and barrel rolls. you’re putting extreme input to the sticks cause that’s what you could do in old games. if you gave all out the time it requires, you wouldn’t be doing weird stuff in the air. i guess that’s what i’m saying.

people love mcm, and reflex for that matter, for many reasons...but one reason that is overlooked is nostalgia. back when we didn’t have games to choose from and graphics were shit, we played what we got. we learned to play what we were given. nowadays, and it’s interesting how our society has become in general, no one wants to learn how to make the game do what they want it to do. i think people have had such an impact from old games that (myself included) it’s hard to get that same nostalgic feeling from newer games despite, as OP mentioned, killer graphics and let’s be honest....better physics. so what’s the deal? i don’t think it’s very hard to argue that games out now are better than these games. do people like the old games more? maybe, but that doesn’t mean the newer games...when aspects are listed as pros and cons...aren’t better. i really believe they are. for whatever reason, All Out has not gotten the love i think it deserves from people like you guys, the old school true arcade motocross fans. to each their own of course. and i haven’t watched gameplay of MCM in a while, but i just did, and i think to myself, you guys loved this game religiously but you complain about say the turning in all out? check out the turning in mcm lol. i guess i’ll never understand lol. i guess nostalgia is hard to beat. i digress
9/13/2019 3:17pm Edited Date/Time 9/13/2019 3:19pm
What Mcm2 had was not realistic airtime , but more feeling of air time and you had to time landings to be fast

Also you could create following in mcm2

Your own team gear
Your own Bike graphics or bikes.

Your own National/Supercross or FMX tracks

Make up your own Fmx trics

Since we shared our work it helped to make a big community whit online racing on user created track.
9/13/2019 3:57pm
The biggest thing I miss about MCM2 was the community and endless content.

All Out is my favorite mx game since MCM2, I think it feels similar as well.
AUS_Twisted
9/14/2019 4:12am
Yep, it was also a time where things were still pretty new for online racing plus it was a PC only game and the limitations for console stuff back then was pretty annoying compared to PC titles which MX vs ATV Unleashed showed with the console to PC port. Was a bummer as that game had a lot of potential, even MCM2 had more potential then it did but Microsoft stopped support for development after release or whatever happened to make the game even better with patches.
I think it was about 2 weeks after MCM2 launched on the Zone and people were modifying bike power curves to race in the rated rooms Angry
22Ryann
Fantasy
4080th
9/14/2019 9:07am Edited Date/Time 9/14/2019 9:33am
I think there was a culmination of things that played into it.

There was only one other dope ass MX game that existed before this and it was mcm1, So when the sequel was in production there was a lot of hype about it. Especially since mcm1 had such a massive online following. It generated a lot of attention.

This was in the early years of online gaming as well, so people were getting into this and experiencing online gaming for the first time too. It had great support with MSN Gaming zone, and I would consider is mostly better than today's experience. I know it sounds hard to believe but it truly was that good especially considering how fucking old it was and the 56k speeds lol kinda insane.

Then to go along with those things were was an amazing platform built by the community for sharing content, tracks, and skins. MCM2Central was a hive of content and MCMEmpire before that. These were the days were it was organic stuff being made and given away for free online. People don't really get it but all this could be possible today it's just that they keep it all in house so it can be sold to the customers.

Back in the day this wasn't even close to a consideration, They were in it for the one time purchase, MCM2 had it's own stand-alone .exe file for building tracks it was incredible.

The gameplay in the video seems unbearable nowadays but it was the latest tech back then, coupled with the community of content made it so damn fucking good, met a lot of good dudes playing that game I still speak too today.

I used to come home from school, log in immediately to mcmempire to look at any tracks released, i grabbed a screenshot below.. this was right at the end of the site's existence, it wouldn't be uncommon to see 4-8 tracks a day.

There was a full review system, people would judge and give constructive criticisms on there work. It was pretty incredible, stuff we still don't see today.

Here is some memories from mcm2central.com, this was the list i would check every single day, downloading new content.

This sidebar had the top tracks, everyone wanted to be on there, there was also a Track of the Week also which was a bitchin download guaranteed. This is the amount of content this game had, lightyears more than anything nowadays!

They had this concept of recognized creators, people who built high quality content became one, it was very sought after and really brought the quality of content up because everyone wanted on this list. I was lucky enough to get on the list.

They ranked all time classic tracks

You could upload times to each track and compete, man it was bitchin

All these things made the game so much more than the game. What a trip down memory lane dang.

TAKE ME BACK TO 2000

And for some context, it shows one of my tracks 'Grass Track Sx' - "This track has been downloaded: 10904 times.", most of them are around 3-4k. Pretty crazy for back in 2000.

ProKawi24
9/14/2019 3:36pm
I think my favorite track ever was done by a guy named Whiteboy and was called something like Whiteboy SX, it won the track builders contest I was in. The jumps were super crisp, whoops peaked out, the flow was perfect. You had to slow down to go faster and really focus on timing. When you ran the track with full graphics it was a thing of beauty. It was the only track where running a 125 or 250 was the fastest option and most fun.
22Ryann
Fantasy
4080th
9/14/2019 5:38pm
WhiteBoy crushed it your right, his stuff was always rad.
dsmith
Fantasy
1485th
9/14/2019 6:15pm Edited Date/Time 9/14/2019 9:08pm
I lived on mcm2 too..
My name was "skinned"
Made tracks, zoned, up til 3am..
Had a dream about that n-graf-x Garfield cat track once.
garagedog
Fantasy
687th
9/14/2019 7:52pm Edited Date/Time 9/14/2019 9:10pm
dsmith wrote:
I lived on mcm2 too..
My name was "skinned"
I remember you and your tracks. Always had a blood/horror theme.
OC_Scotty had the fast team and one of them was a great track maker. I remember DaveU tracks being good. I'm 50 now so memory is a little fuzzy on the details from 20+ years ago.

HoppinGator from ORN and theMaskedChicken who help make X-times website sure did a lot to get things going.

I wonder what budderbeans is up to now?

And where is thekdxkid?

-gd
22Ryann
Fantasy
4080th
9/14/2019 8:59pm
dsmith wrote:
I lived on mcm2 too..
My name was "skinned"
A somber note but perhaps some guys in here would like to know that "n-graf-x" actually lived close by to me, and passed away very recently after losing a long battle with cancer.

He was an incredible guy and took me under his wing at some MX events he went too when I was younger, I met Noel through mcm & was by chance we lived close by to each other. He was loved by the community and would help absolutely anyone that needed it. He had a great heart. rip Noel.

22Ryann
Fantasy
4080th
9/14/2019 9:04pm
Cheers Green, Definitely remember OCR_GREEN around the community mate. OCR was a respected org.

Post a reply to: MCM2 Vet - New to Vital

The Latest