MCM2 Vet - New to Vital

Related:
Create New Tag

2/20/2018 2:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/20/2018 3:01 PM

What's up,
For those that raced MCM2 online, you may remember me as ProKawi24 or the team I was on RXR_ProKawi24.
Real name is Carl, 29 years old now but started racing at age 4. I've been a lurker here for a while, decided to finally join now with the new SX game which is the first decent game since the MCM days. Would love to get tournaments and teams going again if possible. I used to make some tracks too with that b*tch of a program Dillo & using photoshop for the actual layouts. I remember seeing one of my last tracks on mcmfactory not too long ago from a contest I was in soon before everything kind of folder. I think it got 3rd place. I saw Spodeboy on here somewhere, I was a huge fan of his replica SX tracks.

There seems to be a lot of guys on here from NorCal. For those who really knew me you'll remember I was paralyzed waist-down during a race in 2001 when I was 12. I'm from NorCal, my usual tracks were Hangtown, Marysville Riverfront & E Street, Argyll Park, Mammoth Bar, & Livermore. I had the #4 KX80 PC/Splitfire bike and also a KX85 during the last year I rode when they first came out. We used to pit out of a big white box van.

Anyways, hoping these damn bugs get fixed with a patch soon. I was able to play the game for a few days on PS4 but then got all the nasty glitches and error messages a lot of other guys seem to be getting. I'll join the Vital community on PS online soon but wanted to join here so people would know who the hell I am lol.

Any old buds hit me up, been a real long time since I've been involved with the online MX community

|

PS4 Gamertag "Rocko24" - Add me for MES2

2/20/2018 3:11 PM

Glad to have you around. Cool to see some of the MCM guys coming out of the woods!

|

2/20/2018 3:25 PM

Welcome! What were you racing in 1998?

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, O'Neal, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

2/20/2018 3:34 PM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Welcome! What were you racing in 1998?

Thanks. Back in 98 I was on a KX80 in the 7-11 class. Around that time I was racing at Sacramento Raceway a lot, they had Friday night SX and for a little bit had Sunday morning races.

I actually got a support ride from PC/Splitfire in 99 after racing Arenacross in the 7-11 & Supermini class. Went into home school, traveled to races, but had my accident soon after in 01. Actually this Sunday, 2/25 will make it 17 years to the day.

Were you a local back then? I haven't been to any of the local tracks since then, I've only gone to see SX in Oakland and San Fran.

|

PS4 Gamertag "Rocko24" - Add me for MES2

2/20/2018 3:34 PM

I remember you. Long time Ron Ron user.

Welcome!

|

2/20/2018 3:46 PM

Welcome to vital. I too used to race back in the glory days of MCM2 on the zone. Do you still play MCM2? I recently got back into it and downloaded some tracks.

|

2/20/2018 3:56 PM

Fellow Mcm2 Player/Track maker says hi.

You should check this site out for mcm2 stuff also Mcm2 Revival

|

2/20/2018 4:38 PM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Welcome! What were you racing in 1998?

ProKawi24 wrote:

Thanks. Back in 98 I was on a KX80 in the 7-11 class. Around that time I was racing at Sacramento Raceway a lot, they had Friday night SX and for a little bit had Sunday morning races.

I actually got a support ride from PC/Splitfire in 99 after racing Arenacross in the 7-11 & Supermini class. Went into home school, traveled to races, but had my accident soon after in 01. Actually this Sunday, 2/25 will make it 17 years to the day.

Were you a local back then? I haven't been to any of the local tracks since then, I've only gone to see SX in Oakland and San Fran.

Sorry to hear about your accident man... I actually rode 60's then(I'm 27 now) and even though I've live in So-Cal my whole life, we raced every northern gfi series throughout 98 and 99. I spent a lot of time at Marysville, Hollister, Carnegie and Oatfield. I was excited to race La Grange for the first time at a GFI winter series until we got there and it was a mud hole. Unfortunately they canceled it and I never got another chance to ride or race there.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, O'Neal, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

2/20/2018 4:57 PM

metal_miracle wrote:

Fellow Mcm2 Player/Track maker says hi.

You should check this site out for mcm2 stuff also Mcm2 Revival

Oh my. I might have to get back into this. Although I feel it might be "not as good as I remembered it"

So many laps on spodeboys tracks and twisted SX.

|

2/20/2018 5:01 PM

I think I remember your tracks. MCM2 and then MVA were good times.

|

2/20/2018 5:07 PM

metal_miracle wrote:

Fellow Mcm2 Player/Track maker says hi.

You should check this site out for mcm2 stuff also Mcm2 Revival

tobz wrote:

Oh my. I might have to get back into this. Although I feel it might be "not as good as I remembered it"

So many laps on spodeboys tracks and twisted SX.

I had never , and still haven't....played a game near as much as I did MCM2 back in the day. I know Scottie remember's some of my team mates back then , old Tomato , Tystyxx , Roger , and yes....Rich Cain. It's how I originally met Scottie btw. I went on about a 3-4 year streak of racing online , until the wee hours of the morning. Jumping into " the zone " on some glorious nights where there could be 200-500 guys wanting to race. Me and the guys I mentioned above started team VDR. Was a great time.

And welcome aboard Carl.

And yeah , I think we should get a couple Vital groups together to do some racing in MES. Sucks that we all can't do it together , as some are on Xbox , PS or PC ( I'm on PC myself ).

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

2/20/2018 5:14 PM

Brings back some memories........








|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

2/20/2018 5:16 PM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Sorry to hear about your accident man... I actually rode 60's then(I'm 27 now) and even though I've live in So-Cal my whole life, we raced every northern gfi series throughout 98 and 99. I spent a lot of time at Marysville, Hollister, Carnegie and Oatfield. I was excited to race La Grange for the first time at a GFI winter series until we got there and it was a mud hole. Unfortunately they canceled it and I never got another chance to ride or race there.

Thanks dude, at least it happened doing what I love. If I started walking tomorrow I'd be training for a comeback lol. I sure as hell would be on a 2 stroke though, I had my accident just before the 4 stroke was widely popular.

I still have my GFI member card somewhere lol. Marysville was like the hotbed for NorCal, both Riverfront & E Street tracks. I was riding a lot at Livermore (I think it was called Club Moto) recently before my accident and actually had a big race get cancelled just the week before from flooding. That KX85 was killer, the guys at PC tricked it all out top to bottom, only thing stock on that bike were the graphics. If I remember correctly, PC/Troy Lee was having some issues with the 85 graphics because it was the first year the bike had dual air shrouds.

Were you on a 65 at the time? I remember some of those kids.

|

PS4 Gamertag "Rocko24" - Add me for MES2

2/20/2018 5:19 PM

Dude those tracks were amazing! I would also sit for hours and hours with that little recording program thing (was it TXR???) that recorded everyone's lap times and posted to their site. Slingshot was like the most raced on track in MCM2 history lol.

|

PS4 Gamertag "Rocko24" - Add me for MES2

2/20/2018 5:23 PM

ProKawi24 wrote:

Dude those tracks were amazing! I would also sit for hours and hours with that little recording program thing (was it TXR???) that recorded everyone's lap times and posted to their site. Slingshot was like the most raced on track in MCM2 history lol.

Yeah it was an awesome time for sure! And Spode does post here from time to time , but so does Aus_Twisted and I thought I remember seeing Diz_no_rebase post here as well. Lots and lots of old mcm2 players around here.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

2/20/2018 5:42 PM

I have MCM2 installed in my laptop at home but haven't touched it in forever. It sort of lost the feeling when the zone closed down and the teams went away. I think there was another place someone created for us to race in but it wasn't the same anymore. Might have been Bluerider or the VET/VMX team but still everyone faded away.

|

PS4 Gamertag "Rocko24" - Add me for MES2

2/20/2018 5:55 PM

Yo, Carl!
Long time no see

|

Mike

2/21/2018 11:27 AM

What's up dude, just PM'd you

|

PS4 Gamertag "Rocko24" - Add me for MES2

2/21/2018 11:45 AM

Sounds like good times. Imagine getting something like you guys had on MCM2 going on MES.

|

2/21/2018 12:05 PM

I remember you bro. Welcome!

-=SPODE

|

spodestracks Instagram
spodestracks Website
spodestracks Youtube

2/21/2018 12:11 PM

ProKawi24 wrote:

Thanks. Back in 98 I was on a KX80 in the 7-11 class. Around that time I was racing at Sacramento Raceway a lot, they had Friday night SX and for a little bit had Sunday morning races.

I actually got a support ride from PC/Splitfire in 99 after racing Arenacross in the 7-11 & Supermini class. Went into home school, traveled to races, but had my accident soon after in 01. Actually this Sunday, 2/25 will make it 17 years to the day.

Were you a local back then? I haven't been to any of the local tracks since then, I've only gone to see SX in Oakland and San Fran.

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Sorry to hear about your accident man... I actually rode 60's then(I'm 27 now) and even though I've live in So-Cal my whole life, we raced every northern gfi series throughout 98 and 99. I spent a lot of time at Marysville, Hollister, Carnegie and Oatfield. I was excited to race La Grange for the first time at a GFI winter series until we got there and it was a mud hole. Unfortunately they canceled it and I never got another chance to ride or race there.

ProKawi24 wrote:

Thanks dude, at least it happened doing what I love. If I started walking tomorrow I'd be training for a comeback lol. I sure as hell would be on a 2 stroke though, I had my accident just before the 4 stroke was widely popular.

I still have my GFI member card somewhere lol. Marysville was like the hotbed for NorCal, both Riverfront & E Street tracks. I was riding a lot at Livermore (I think it was called Club Moto) recently before my accident and actually had a big race get cancelled just the week before from flooding. That KX85 was killer, the guys at PC tricked it all out top to bottom, only thing stock on that bike were the graphics. If I remember correctly, PC/Troy Lee was having some issues with the 85 graphics because it was the first year the bike had dual air shrouds.

Were you on a 65 at the time? I remember some of those kids.

Man, I would have loved to have ridden a kx85 done by pc! I can only imagine how good it was!

I actually never rode a 65, only a kx60. It was fast though!! There was a kid I use to race with and we would hang out and build tracks in between motos. Wish I could remember his name, but man we spent a lot of time up there and had so much fun! A lot of father son bonding time.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, O'Neal, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

2/21/2018 12:46 PM

RMR_Punkerjeffy here.. still haunted by the name I picked when I was 10 yrs old I was mostly just a track creator that created nats and FMX. I ended up installing MCM2 a couple years ago because I had the track making itch but found out Reflex tracks were possible so been making those for a little while now. Here are a few of mine:




|

2/21/2018 1:48 PM

I wish there was a way to play Mcm2 on Windows7, whiteout reducing the ram to 2gb.

|

2/21/2018 2:13 PM

Just was doing some laps on Slingshot. MCM2 never gets old for me. I just figured out how to use PowerCurve for the first time ever and it's hilarious setting the hp to the max.

|

2/21/2018 3:17 PM

Lot of good times racing in the zone... I still have the cd around here somewhere. I remember some of you. I was on tuff, PRO and XFR.

|

-MJ

2/21/2018 4:58 PM

What's really hilarious is how like now we scrutinize MES for graphics and realism, etc. but with MCM2 we turned off evvvvverything to get better FPS lol. Every graphics detail was turned off, terrain texture off, particles off, animations off, like we stripped it to the bone to avoid the dreaded lag for the slightest quicker lap times.

|

PS4 Gamertag "Rocko24" - Add me for MES2

2/21/2018 6:24 PM

ProKawi24 wrote:

What's really hilarious is how like now we scrutinize MES for graphics and realism, etc. but with MCM2 we turned off evvvvverything to get better FPS lol. Every graphics detail was turned off, terrain texture off, particles off, animations off, like we stripped it to the bone to avoid the dreaded lag for the slightest quicker lap times.

Funny you mention that, some might remember the tutorial i did for setting up the game, which was as you said, everything OFF. People thought i was fast just cuz i had a fast PC, use to piss me off, i worked my ass off to get good! our whole OCR team did.

Good seeing you around here bud.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

2/21/2018 6:36 PM

ocscottie wrote:

Funny you mention that, some might remember the tutorial i did for setting up the game, which was as you said, everything OFF. People thought i was fast just cuz i had a fast PC, use to piss me off, i worked my ass off to get good! our whole OCR team did.

Good seeing you around here bud.

Acid Puke...

|

2/21/2018 7:50 PM

ProKawi24 wrote:

What's really hilarious is how like now we scrutinize MES for graphics and realism, etc. but with MCM2 we turned off evvvvverything to get better FPS lol. Every graphics detail was turned off, terrain texture off, particles off, animations off, like we stripped it to the bone to avoid the dreaded lag for the slightest quicker lap times.

ocscottie wrote:

Funny you mention that, some might remember the tutorial i did for setting up the game, which was as you said, everything OFF. People thought i was fast just cuz i had a fast PC, use to piss me off, i worked my ass off to get good! our whole OCR team did.

Good seeing you around here bud.

Yes! I remember reading that and after adjusting all the settings it was almost like going from a 125 to a 500 lol. It was virtually impossible to win online without those settings. When you're trying to shave off 1/10 of a second to get the fast lap time with that recording program we all used to use, graphics were the least of our concerns lol.

|

PS4 Gamertag "Rocko24" - Add me for MES2

2/22/2018 3:31 AM

Yo,

AUS_ROCKET
tk_rocket
tk_ryann

from my mcm2 days, wish mcm2 community was still around.. MXVSATV All out is looking promising but!

|