MAVTV unites with Flo racing

orange_44
7/1/2022 9:17am
What an absolute joke this has become this summer. It started off like shit with the streaming and has gradually improved over the first 4 races. I was ok with the High Point and Lakewood broadcasts and figured it would continue to improve over time. But to switch streaming services IN THE MIDDLE of a fucking series is bullshit.

You would think with World SX on the horizon and seeing what they have to offer and what they’re trying to do, that MX Sports would make this as easy on the consumer as possible. Especially with a small sport like this. I love the nationals, always have but if this shit continues I hope they go belly up and if they do, it’ll be their own fault.

I wrote this on DC’s Instagram and he deleted it “What you’ve done with the streaming for Pro Motocross this year is an absolute joke and a gut punch to all of the hardcore viewers you have/had. With World SX on the horizon and what they’re trying to pull off, this isn’t the time to be screwing over the people who bend over backwards to support you and this sport. Plain and simple, do better.”

davis224
Fantasy
165th
7/1/2022 9:26am
I'm subscribed to MavTV and haven't gotten any email, checked my spam folder too
8tensolutions
7/1/2022 9:26am
No, if you already have Mav TV Plus , you received an email with a link to sign up for Flo for the same price of...
No, if you already have Mav TV Plus , you received an email with a link to sign up for Flo for the same price of $6.99 per month. If you are not a Mav TV Plus subscriber, it will be $150 annually for the Flo Racing package.....or you can still watch on Mav TV through your cable or satellite provider
johnk408 wrote:
Not true, follow the link I provided from Racer X
We are saying the same thing other than you can watch it on either platform through the end of July. They are likely doing that to avoid a bunch of refunds is my guess.
MotoRick
7/1/2022 9:32am
Followed the link and got the $6.99 deal for FloRacing , but then went and cancelled my MavPlus account and because its July 1st they informed me my cancellation will be effective as of Aug. 31st. Looks like I'm double paying for 2 months. Pisses me off that not only do I have to go through the hassle of changing providers, but also have to pay extra for it.

The Shop

Spudinki45
Fantasy
2985th
7/1/2022 9:36am
The huge concern I have is for those that get Flo we all are going to get screwed in 2 months when we try to cancel and get hit with the $150 fee as per the reviews.
smoothies862
Fantasy
676th
7/1/2022 9:38am
I’m going to pick up something to drink to mentally prepare for tomorrow’s coverage.. no bike sound and low def!! After I change subscriptions hook up the antenna for NBC and switch back to my other subscription and turn around and pull my head out of my ass and then get on vital and then run back down to basement drink some more and then go take a baseball bat and hit myself in the nuts. Happy 4th God bless America 🔥👍💪 🇺🇸
smoothies862
Fantasy
676th
7/1/2022 9:43am
I know these are first world problems not trying to be that dramatic but this is a huge shit show for dedicated fans. Why can’t they just put this on YouTube or their Facebook page live for free with scrolling banners at the bottoms with sponsors and ads and then do the fluff stuff in the middle between Motos? We will support those sponsors. And I’ve been saying it for years like Matthes was with the Nets. pit cams ,dozer cam that you pay for with your subscription service. More exposure and the dozer go pro by cat or whoever.
7/1/2022 9:44am Edited Date/Time 7/1/2022 9:51am
Looks like this was a no-win situation for DC. Keep things on MAV with constant fuck-ups, or switch to a better broadcasting service and piss everyone off with the mid-season subscription change.

So if you didn’t cancel MAV after the first few rounds, here’s what you do, based on my understanding.

1. Cancel your MAVTV service after Washougal on July 23rd, as that’s the last round before the switch.

2. Use the code to get FLO for $6.99/mo. You’ll only need it for two months, so the rest of the nationals will run you $14.

3. Cancel after the last round, and hope they don’t fuck us with a $30/mo. subscription next year.
wb173
7/1/2022 9:54am
Mav’s performance so far has just been straight up fraudulent. Can’t wait to hear what the “journalists” being paid by them have to say
DonM wrote:
WTF do the journalist have to do with this? they are just as much in the dark as all of us are but yet you expect...
WTF do the journalist have to do with this? they are just as much in the dark as all of us are but yet you expect them to have all the answers for you....just brilliant!
Journalist swap
SoCalMX70
7/1/2022 9:54am Edited Date/Time 7/1/2022 9:59am
Not sure I understand all of the "I'm surprised at DC" responses. I've never understood the love for him and never will. Years of whispers aside, this multiple stream platform with no real TV deal and having 2 Palas is evidence enough that he does not care about the long term health of the outdoor series. I'm not even suggesting Glen Helen should have worked out... There's tons of national worthy tracks out there to have 12 UNIQUE rounds. Mitch Payton and a couple other guys pleading to DC to do something about Pala should say enough about that.

The series overall has gotten worse in the last 10 years... Or at the very least not in any way better. Here's a few questions that always come up: Why do pros still have to pay an entry fee? Why are purses so low? Why has there been no change to cc limits (why does Matt Burkeen have to race the 450 class...)? Why does the race schedule criss-cross the country?

I don't know why I thought this sport would see an uplift at the professional level with all of the sold out dealers and crowded local tracks for the past couple years. Seems there's a massive disconnect between the consumers and the powers that be. Follow the money, I guess?

The outdoors are dying a slow death. Based on how it's been ran... It is well deserved.
Layton
7/1/2022 9:54am
davis224 wrote:
I'm subscribed to MavTV and haven't gotten any email, checked my spam folder too
Mavtv isn’t affected. Only Mavtv plus.
7/1/2022 9:58am
Spudinki45 wrote:
The huge concern I have is for those that get Flo we all are going to get screwed in 2 months when we try to cancel...
The huge concern I have is for those that get Flo we all are going to get screwed in 2 months when we try to cancel and get hit with the $150 fee as per the reviews.
This seems pretty cut-and-dry. Billed monthly, cancel anytime.

wb173
7/1/2022 9:59am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Didn't DC say MAVTV was the only or best option? If it was, then there's a good chance it'll be on MAVTV again next year, just...
Didn't DC say MAVTV was the only or best option? If it was, then there's a good chance it'll be on MAVTV again next year, just streamed on FloSports/FloRacing like they're doing for the remaining rounds this year.

Maybe they'll introduce a monthly plan to strictly access MX. Hopefully that's the case because at $30/month a lot of people won't pay that to watch MX racing.

IMO, they need to cater to each individual sport and offer a pass for each of them as well as a subscription for everything that airs on there if someone wants that package.
DonM wrote:
That's what he said at the time and getting FLO to do it for the same price as MAV in short order, in my opinion, is...
That's what he said at the time and getting FLO to do it for the same price as MAV in short order, in my opinion, is a great move as it will solve all the streaming issues that people had with the MAV app. It gives MAV the time to resolve all the issues and hopefully better service for next year....DC and company did not deserve all the hate they got in this thread because people were having a hard time comprehending what was actually being said...end of the day we are getting a better streaming service for the exact same price as what we all were paying for the MAV + app....next year is next year...
soresammy wrote:
You are very disliked here. I'm sure that echos in every day life.
So much swap hate
davis224
Fantasy
165th
7/1/2022 9:59am
davis224 wrote:
Layton wrote:
That's what I meant. Haven't "subscribed" to a cable/satellite service in 10 years.

How long til Vital MX max+ comes out?
Spudinki45
Fantasy
2985th
7/1/2022 10:10am
This seems pretty cut-and-dry. Billed monthly, cancel anytime. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/07/01/557446/s1200_4A667701_8E37_4AFA_A0FB_2887847B70DC.jpg[/img]
This seems pretty cut-and-dry. Billed monthly, cancel anytime.

Yeah thats what I thought too, but look at this link: https://www.bbb.org/us/tx/austin/profile/digital-media/flosports-inc-08…

It has reviews from only a couple days ago all of which indicate Flo is a huge scam that charges you even if you cancel. Here's a sample:

"I have to agree with everyone else so far and also wish I had looked into this further....I wanted to watch the **** *********** wrestling tournament as my husband is a high school coach - since March 25th all I've been doing is dealing with this company to get back a portion of the yearly fee - since I too, thought I was ordering a monthly subscription that I could cancel at the end of the month- nope...they charged the full year of $150."
mooch
Fantasy
501st
7/1/2022 10:11am
davis224 wrote:
Layton wrote:
I have mavtv+ ... did not receive an email. I'm thinking davis224 is referring to mavtv+
RCMXracing
Looks like this was a no-win situation for DC. Keep things on MAV with constant fuck-ups, or switch to a better broadcasting service and piss everyone...
Looks like this was a no-win situation for DC. Keep things on MAV with constant fuck-ups, or switch to a better broadcasting service and piss everyone off with the mid-season subscription change.

So if you didn’t cancel MAV after the first few rounds, here’s what you do, based on my understanding.

1. Cancel your MAVTV service after Washougal on July 23rd, as that’s the last round before the switch.

2. Use the code to get FLO for $6.99/mo. You’ll only need it for two months, so the rest of the nationals will run you $14.

3. Cancel after the last round, and hope they don’t fuck us with a $30/mo. subscription next year.
#3 there… yeah, that’s an issue for me personally. I don’t mind paying for content and believe you get what you pay for… $29.99 a month going forward and there’s only one thing I’m interested in - Moto. $360 a year I’m not ok with. No disrespect to dirt track racing, just not something I follow.

So cancelling subscription and then signing up again next year is clunky and not something I wish to do. All the other app subscriptions we’ve had in the past for Moto were reasonable, Flo is not.

The only reasonable solution is to have a 2 wheel option for Flo. Subscribers would pay for that portion only. Pretty standard stuff for streaming apps. Not sure why this is difficult.
Spudinki45
Fantasy
2985th
wb173 wrote:
So much swap hate
Yeah because the guy acts like a total dick in every one of his posts
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
7/1/2022 10:22am
DonM wrote:
That's what he said at the time and getting FLO to do it for the same price as MAV in short order, in my opinion, is...
That's what he said at the time and getting FLO to do it for the same price as MAV in short order, in my opinion, is a great move as it will solve all the streaming issues that people had with the MAV app. It gives MAV the time to resolve all the issues and hopefully better service for next year....DC and company did not deserve all the hate they got in this thread because people were having a hard time comprehending what was actually being said...end of the day we are getting a better streaming service for the exact same price as what we all were paying for the MAV + app....next year is next year...
soresammy wrote:
wb173 wrote:
So much swap hate
I don't know what your problem is with DonM who is not Donn Meada from SwapMotoLive, but you're being pretty childish.

You're butthurt because a thread was pinned at the top of the board for a kid that received a bunch of help from Vital members and I noticed you haven't let that go.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
7/1/2022 10:38am
SoCalMX70 wrote:
Not sure I understand all of the "I'm surprised at DC" responses. I've never understood the love for him and never will. Years of whispers aside...
Not sure I understand all of the "I'm surprised at DC" responses. I've never understood the love for him and never will. Years of whispers aside, this multiple stream platform with no real TV deal and having 2 Palas is evidence enough that he does not care about the long term health of the outdoor series. I'm not even suggesting Glen Helen should have worked out... There's tons of national worthy tracks out there to have 12 UNIQUE rounds. Mitch Payton and a couple other guys pleading to DC to do something about Pala should say enough about that.

The series overall has gotten worse in the last 10 years... Or at the very least not in any way better. Here's a few questions that always come up: Why do pros still have to pay an entry fee? Why are purses so low? Why has there been no change to cc limits (why does Matt Burkeen have to race the 450 class...)? Why does the race schedule criss-cross the country?

I don't know why I thought this sport would see an uplift at the professional level with all of the sold out dealers and crowded local tracks for the past couple years. Seems there's a massive disconnect between the consumers and the powers that be. Follow the money, I guess?

The outdoors are dying a slow death. Based on how it's been ran... It is well deserved.
Careful, DonM will be here shortly to tell you people like you are the reason DC won't come here to reply. Has nothing to do with the cluster F this has become
7/1/2022 10:48am
DonM post something, wb173 eyes light up.Silly

Robbirob25
7/1/2022 11:02am
DonM wrote:
soresammy wrote:
wb173 wrote:
So much swap hate
You know this "DonM" is not "Swap" right?
RandomUserName
Fantasy
2763rd
7/1/2022 11:07am
This is example #849484849 within the moto world of an opportunity for our "moto media" to act like..............journalists.

The TV production of our sport has literally jumped the rails and has caught on fire. DC is silent. No answers from anyone but stupid robo-emails from MAV that has us all going for 10 pages with confusion and anger.

Moto-media? Snooze.

DC isn't hard to find. This is a small industry so they all know one another. Hell, DC OWNS part of the moto media. Why can nobody call him up and say "Hey, let's talk about everything" and create a video segment with actual questions that require answers and publish for the community?

Yeah, I know they're all buddies and don't want to hurt one another's feelings....but I've said for years that if a particular media outlet would get some stones and ask actual questions and deliver real NEWS, they'd be the go-to source for information for the consumers (All of us).

Yes, oftentimes we are told "Well, if we piss off the riders, factories, owners....we'll get no further access" and I'm sure that might be true. HOWEVER, if Vital (for example) was the go-to source for the majority of the moto public, the industry itself would have to play ball with Vital to reach their consumers.

I just have never understood how we have major news in our industry and the one portion of our world that crawls under a rock and vanishes is the media itself.

Rant over.
7/1/2022 11:18am
I was one of the first people to break out the pitch fork regarding this when it seemed we would have to pay for a year of FloRacing to watch 4 races. Now that it seems they are honouring the price MavTV advertised I personally have no issues assuming the quality is at least the same.

I don’t really understand the outrage now that we’ve learned it will be the same price.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
7/1/2022 11:21am Edited Date/Time 7/1/2022 11:22am
This is example #849484849 within the moto world of an opportunity for our "moto media" to act like..............journalists. The TV production of our sport has literally...
This is example #849484849 within the moto world of an opportunity for our "moto media" to act like..............journalists.

The TV production of our sport has literally jumped the rails and has caught on fire. DC is silent. No answers from anyone but stupid robo-emails from MAV that has us all going for 10 pages with confusion and anger.

Moto-media? Snooze.

DC isn't hard to find. This is a small industry so they all know one another. Hell, DC OWNS part of the moto media. Why can nobody call him up and say "Hey, let's talk about everything" and create a video segment with actual questions that require answers and publish for the community?

Yeah, I know they're all buddies and don't want to hurt one another's feelings....but I've said for years that if a particular media outlet would get some stones and ask actual questions and deliver real NEWS, they'd be the go-to source for information for the consumers (All of us).

Yes, oftentimes we are told "Well, if we piss off the riders, factories, owners....we'll get no further access" and I'm sure that might be true. HOWEVER, if Vital (for example) was the go-to source for the majority of the moto public, the industry itself would have to play ball with Vital to reach their consumers.

I just have never understood how we have major news in our industry and the one portion of our world that crawls under a rock and vanishes is the media itself.

Rant over.
"DC is silent. No answers from anyone but stupid robo-emails from MAV that has us all going for 10 pages with confusion and anger."

“It’s been quite the journey thus far, but like with anything new you have to expect some growing pains,” said Davey Coombs, President, MX Sports Pro Racing. “Our audience has certainly shown a tremendous amount of patience as we’ve worked alongside MAVTV to address the issues and concerns involving live streaming. We cannot thank them enough for their commitment and their willingness to be honest with us. With the new partnership and establishment of ‘MAVTV on FloRacing,’ MAVTV has helped provide the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship with a new home for mobile viewing with a proven track record to showcase the rest of what has been a truly memorable 50th anniversary season. We sincerely hope our fans continue to lend their support, which is invaluable to the success of the championship, and understand this is the most effective solution for the series moving forward to ensure we’re servicing our viewers both here in the U.S. and around the world.”

orange_44
7/1/2022 11:23am
orange_44 wrote:
What an absolute joke this has become this summer. It started off like shit with the streaming and has gradually improved over the first 4 races...
What an absolute joke this has become this summer. It started off like shit with the streaming and has gradually improved over the first 4 races. I was ok with the High Point and Lakewood broadcasts and figured it would continue to improve over time. But to switch streaming services IN THE MIDDLE of a fucking series is bullshit.

You would think with World SX on the horizon and seeing what they have to offer and what they’re trying to do, that MX Sports would make this as easy on the consumer as possible. Especially with a small sport like this. I love the nationals, always have but if this shit continues I hope they go belly up and if they do, it’ll be their own fault.

I wrote this on DC’s Instagram and he deleted it “What you’ve done with the streaming for Pro Motocross this year is an absolute joke and a gut punch to all of the hardcore viewers you have/had. With World SX on the horizon and what they’re trying to pull off, this isn’t the time to be screwing over the people who bend over backwards to support you and this sport. Plain and simple, do better.”

Quoting my post to give an update. I commented on DC’s social media and then he replied so I figured I’d just DM him instead of talking in his comments. Long story short, he explained what’s going on and that hopefully it’s just a fix for the rest of the year and then back to the drawing board for next year. I was wrong to attack him in the comments and have his email for any future questions or comments regarding the series.

He is a nice guy that is probably more upset and frustrated than any of us can be. I hope this all works out for them because the outdoors are truly amazing.

Post a reply to: MAVTV unites with Flo racing

The Latest