MAVTV unites with Flo racing

Kenny Lingus
7/1/2022 6:55am
Is this a bad time to remind everyone that the second 450 moto from Red Bud is on network NBC?
fins227
7/1/2022 7:09am
Dc should have made it the fans idea to change platforms. Use some burners to come in here and seed the forums with ideas about moving to flo, then you come in and agree and make the change and at least some folks would think you’re a hero.

It does feel a little strange.
cityjack
7/1/2022 7:10am
They couldn't just leave it alone. They couldn't just keep it simple, in this day and age even. Between, this TV broadcast, to that TV broadcast mid motos, back to this app on your phone, to Youtube, to Peacock, and now to another platform because the chosen one decided it was too much for them mid-season.
Now its 12.50 a month/150 a year, yearly subscriptions only. Oh wait, I get circle track, outlaws, sno cross and whatever other BS they serve up. I don't care.

I'll watch highlights on youtube I guess.

Total shit show. I'll just watch my UCI world cup XC racing on RedBull TV

Congrats, you are slowly pushing me out of the sport.

Fuckers
johnk408
7/1/2022 7:17am
And don't forget, this week one moto is on Peacock/NBC, so let's add some fuel to the fireSmile

The Shop

JRCII
7/1/2022 7:24am
I know everyone here on Vital would love to see some comment from DC as to what is going on but I don’t think that is going to happen. I would have to think that anyone connected to “Pro Motocross” has been instructed by their legal team to not post or comment on the whole MavTV/Flo matter, that’s just the way it is. Maybe FTE could chime in on this.
bents
Fantasy
710th
7/1/2022 7:47am
I'm one of those suckers that jumped on board and ponied up for the MavTV annual subscription, happy to support the sport, drank the koolaid.....Over the years I have had to buy NordVPN so I can log on through a US IP address so I can watch SX and MX in Canada. I have jumped through so many fucking hoops and this is the final straw for me too. I'm hoping that I do get my refund for the remainder of my subscription back. As for moving over to ANOTHER streaming service-fuck that. I'll join the rest of you on the YouTube, which is too bad. I had no problem paying and supporting the sport in however that worked out. I can't believe it is this hard in this day and age to air this content. I mean, MXGP kills it from all over the world for fuck sake.
bigk218
Fantasy
3155th
7/1/2022 7:49am
Honestly. Just as a peace offering….If they just offered one free month, there would have been a 95% chance that I just gave them my credit card after.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
7/1/2022 7:52am
Is this a bad time to remind everyone that the second 450 moto from Red Bud is on network NBC?
At least they were smart enough to insist it be 2nd moto this time...
jeffro503
7/1/2022 7:59am
Quick question : Instead of paying $150.00/yr for Flo , why not just get something like Hulu or some other streaming service for $60.00/mo , and add MAV TV for $4.99 ? There are quite a few of these streaming services that are web based , as well as being able to be streamed from a phone.

Just throwing out an option that could save some people money.
wydopen
7/1/2022 8:06am
They would probably do better monetizing it on youtube..
lestat
7/1/2022 8:06am
Moto is such a cluster of a sport and been that way for years . We have one series (MXGP) that has incredible coverage , but had 14 guys on the line . We also have AMA nats with a full gate and tons of interest , but even diehard fans struggle to view . MX is a great sport that has been mismanaged for decades . It’s time to get rid of the ‘MX Czar’ model where a very small group of people control everything . It’s not working . Ya I’m looking at you Coombs and Luongo .

lestat
7/1/2022 8:10am
wydopen wrote:
They would probably do better monetizing it on youtube..
And going with a Patreon model . They may also pick up some new fans in the process if they did that … 30 bucks a month for an obscure streaming service will bring in exactly zero new people .
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
7/1/2022 8:10am
jeffro503 wrote:
Quick question : Instead of paying $150.00/yr for Flo , why not just get something like Hulu or some other streaming service for $60.00/mo , and...
Quick question : Instead of paying $150.00/yr for Flo , why not just get something like Hulu or some other streaming service for $60.00/mo , and add MAV TV for $4.99 ? There are quite a few of these streaming services that are web based , as well as being able to be streamed from a phone.

"For a limited time, FloSports will offer an exclusive monthly subscription rate for new Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship subscribers (those who do not already have a FloRacing account) for the price of $6.99 a month on FloRacing."

WDSRCR
7/1/2022 8:16am Edited Date/Time 7/1/2022 8:17am
OK, without going into frustrations and how incredibly bad this all has been, and without having to read all 9 pages, can someone tell me what I need to do today in order to watch this weekend? I have a big party going on all weekend and am going to be streaming it for everyone.

Lets pretend it is someone who has none of the previous streaming accounts and is starting from scratch. Anyone willing to help?
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
7/1/2022 8:22am Edited Date/Time 7/1/2022 8:24am
WDSRCR wrote:
OK, without going into frustrations and how incredibly bad this all has been, and without having to read all 9 pages, [B]can someone tell me what...
OK, without going into frustrations and how incredibly bad this all has been, and without having to read all 9 pages, can someone tell me what I need to do today in order to watch this weekend? I have a big party going on all weekend and am going to be streaming it for everyone.

Lets pretend it is someone who has none of the previous streaming accounts and is starting from scratch. Anyone willing to help?
-Starting today, June 30, all MAVTV Plus live programming will become available on FloRacing, while still also being streamed on MAVTV Plus.
-Your current MAVTV Plus account will remain active until midnight on Tuesday, July 26, unless it expires before that date. During this time, you will still have access to watch the RedBud National (July 2), Southwick National (July 9), Spring Creek National (July 16), and Washougal National (July 23) through the MAVTV Plus app.
-Starting on Wednesday, July 27, all live MAVTV Plus content will be streamed exclusively on FloRacing. In order to watch comprehensive live streaming coverage of the remaining rounds of Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship after that day - the Unadilla National (August 13), Budds Creek National (August 20), Ironman National (August 27), and Fox Raceway II National (September 3) - you will need to sign up for a subscription to FloRacing.
-For a limited time, FloSports will offer an exclusive monthly subscription rate for new Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship subscribers (those who do not already have a FloRacing account) for the price of $6.99 a month on FloRacing.

Falcon
Fantasy
798th
7/1/2022 8:33am
Screw it, I'm just watching on YouTube from here on out. Maybe I'll find a live stream, maybe I have to wait a few hours for a repost. Whatever. At least I'm not paying $5 here, $40 there, $19 somewhere else... all to "maybe" see the races. I can "maybe" see the races for free.
This year's televised races have been a complete and utter failure. If growing the sport is the goal, this is not how you do it. I'm not going to throw DC under the bus, because it sounds like the business partner (Lucas Oil and MavTV,) screwed the pooch. He's got to cover his ass for current and future title sponsors of the series. However, if this facet of the series doesn't get fixed for 2023, it's a big, big problem.
johnk408
7/1/2022 8:34am
GrapeApe wrote:
[i]-Starting today, June 30, all MAVTV Plus live programming will become available on FloRacing, [b]while still also being streamed on MAVTV Plus. [/b] -Your current MAVTV...
-Starting today, June 30, all MAVTV Plus live programming will become available on FloRacing, while still also being streamed on MAVTV Plus.
-Your current MAVTV Plus account will remain active until midnight on Tuesday, July 26, unless it expires before that date. During this time, you will still have access to watch the RedBud National (July 2), Southwick National (July 9), Spring Creek National (July 16), and Washougal National (July 23) through the MAVTV Plus app.
-Starting on Wednesday, July 27, all live MAVTV Plus content will be streamed exclusively on FloRacing. In order to watch comprehensive live streaming coverage of the remaining rounds of Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship after that day - the Unadilla National (August 13), Budds Creek National (August 20), Ironman National (August 27), and Fox Raceway II National (September 3) - you will need to sign up for a subscription to FloRacing.
-For a limited time, FloSports will offer an exclusive monthly subscription rate for new Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship subscribers (those who do not already have a FloRacing account) for the price of $6.99 a month on FloRacing.

So if we time it right and already have Mav until it ends (I do), we can just get one month of FLO to watch last 4 nationals
WDSRCR
7/1/2022 8:34am
WDSRCR wrote:
OK, without going into frustrations and how incredibly bad this all has been, and without having to read all 9 pages, [B]can someone tell me what...

GrapeApe wrote:
[i]-Starting today, June 30, all MAVTV Plus live programming will become available on FloRacing, [b]while still also being streamed on MAVTV Plus. [/b] -Your current MAVTV...

Thanks for the reply @GrapeApe. So if I am understanding correctly, a person can sign up for MAVTV Plus today, and they could stream this weekend's race without dealing with the FLO BS?
Jeffery_Cutty
7/1/2022 8:35am
The sports been on tv for years and some of you stupid fucks still think it’s gonna grow😂
Broseph
7/1/2022 8:39am
jeffro503 wrote:
Quick question : Instead of paying $150.00/yr for Flo , why not just get something like Hulu or some other streaming service for $60.00/mo , and...

GrapeApe wrote:
"[i]For a limited time, FloSports will offer an exclusive monthly subscription rate for new Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship subscribers (those who do not already have...
"For a limited time, FloSports will offer an exclusive monthly subscription rate for new Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship subscribers (those who do not already have a FloRacing account) for the price of $6.99 a month on FloRacing."

Has anyone figured out how to pay $6.99 to Flo? All I’m seeing is a one time payment of $150

GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
7/1/2022 8:41am Edited Date/Time 7/1/2022 8:54am
WDSRCR wrote:

GrapeApe wrote:

WDSRCR wrote:
Thanks for the reply @GrapeApe. So if I am understanding correctly, a person can sign up for MAVTV Plus today, and they could stream this weekend's...
Thanks for the reply @GrapeApe. So if I am understanding correctly, a person can sign up for MAVTV Plus today, and they could stream this weekend's race without dealing with the FLO BS?
"As of today, MAVTV Plus will not receive any new subscriptions. All current MAVTV Plus subscriptions will end on July 27, from then on out MAVTV Plus programming will be presented exclusively on FloRacing."

Looks like you're going to have to sign up for Flo if you don't have an existing MAVTV Plus subscription. The good news is it *should* be a better picture with more reliable service. The bad news is this weekend is their first attempt and you know how that can go. Good luck with the party, may the force be with you.

8tensolutions
7/1/2022 8:41am
cityjack wrote:
They couldn't just leave it alone. They couldn't just keep it simple, in this day and age even. Between, this TV broadcast, to that TV broadcast...
They couldn't just leave it alone. They couldn't just keep it simple, in this day and age even. Between, this TV broadcast, to that TV broadcast mid motos, back to this app on your phone, to Youtube, to Peacock, and now to another platform because the chosen one decided it was too much for them mid-season.
Now its 12.50 a month/150 a year, yearly subscriptions only. Oh wait, I get circle track, outlaws, sno cross and whatever other BS they serve up. I don't care.

I'll watch highlights on youtube I guess.

Total shit show. I'll just watch my UCI world cup XC racing on RedBull TV

Congrats, you are slowly pushing me out of the sport.

Fuckers
So much inaccuracy in this post.....and your beloved world cups (mine too) will not be on Red Bull after this year and you will be paying for that too.
Broseph
7/1/2022 8:42am
GrapeApe wrote:

WDSRCR wrote:
Thanks for the reply @GrapeApe. So if I am understanding correctly, a person can sign up for MAVTV Plus today, and they could stream this weekend's...
GrapeApe wrote:
"[i]As of today, MAVTV Plus will not receive any new subscriptions. All current MAVTV Plus subscriptions will end on July 27, from then on out MAVTV...
"As of today, MAVTV Plus will not receive any new subscriptions. All current MAVTV Plus subscriptions will end on July 27, from then on out MAVTV Plus programming will be presented exclusively on FloRacing."

Looks like you're going to have to sign up for Flo if you don't have an existing MAVTV Plus subscription. The good news is it *should* be a better picture with more reliable service. The bad news is this weekend is their first attempt and you know how that can go. Good luck with the party, may the force be with you.

$150 up front to get Flo. Where TF is this discounted rate everyone keeps referencing?
johnk408
7/1/2022 8:43am Edited Date/Time 7/1/2022 8:44am
Broseph wrote:
Has anyone figured out how to pay $6.99 to Flo? All I’m seeing is a one time payment of $150 [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/07/01/557432/s1200_E02F74F6_DF26_4322_AD5D_45C6C234004E.jpg[/img]
Has anyone figured out how to pay $6.99 to Flo? All I’m seeing is a one time payment of $150

8tensolutions
7/1/2022 8:47am
WDSRCR wrote:

GrapeApe wrote:

WDSRCR wrote:
No, if you already have Mav TV Plus , you received an email with a link to sign up for Flo for the same price of $6.99 per month. If you are not a Mav TV Plus subscriber, it will be $150 annually for the Flo Racing package.....or you can still watch on Mav TV through your cable or satellite provider
johnk408
7/1/2022 8:51am
No, if you already have Mav TV Plus , you received an email with a link to sign up for Flo for the same price of...
No, if you already have Mav TV Plus , you received an email with a link to sign up for Flo for the same price of $6.99 per month. If you are not a Mav TV Plus subscriber, it will be $150 annually for the Flo Racing package.....or you can still watch on Mav TV through your cable or satellite provider
Not true, follow the link I provided from Racer X
eeazye
7/1/2022 8:56am
GrapeApe wrote:

WDSRCR wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:
"[i]As of today, MAVTV Plus will not receive any new subscriptions. All current MAVTV Plus subscriptions will end on July 27, from then on out MAVTV...

And don’t forget he’ll have to click over to NBC for the second 450 moto.
Broseph
7/1/2022 9:01am
Broseph wrote:
Has anyone figured out how to pay $6.99 to Flo? All I’m seeing is a one time payment of $150 [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/07/01/557432/s1200_E02F74F6_DF26_4322_AD5D_45C6C234004E.jpg[/img]

johnk408 wrote:
That first link does it. Thank you sir!

Post a reply to: MAVTV unites with Flo racing

The Latest