MAVTV unites with Flo racing

motoman154__
Fantasy
3343rd
6/30/2022 11:47am
American pro motocross fans weren’t satisfied with MAVTV’s service, so MAVTV stopped offering the service. Good for them, good for us, right?
mx196
Fantasy
4100th
6/30/2022 11:48am
None of the mainstream moto media (Matthes, Weege, JT; arguably some of the largest in the sport) are going to say anything because they're all paid by DC in one way shape or form. They also can't be upset with the fans for speculating when they're also not being transparent at all. Just like how they tell the riders to be transparent and they won't speculate as to why they're riding like shit.

You mean to tell me DC came onto Pulp two months ago raving about MAV telling everyone to sign up not knowing this more expensive move was coming halfway through the series?

Literally seems like an intentional bait-and-switch to possibly the most loyal fan base of all time.

My ass they're getting $30 a month next year...
c0ncEpT
6/30/2022 11:52am
What a shit show. $30/mo is more than I pay for ANY content subscription.

If they stick with Flo for 2023 than I'm out. I'll watch the highlights on Youtube.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
6/30/2022 11:58am Edited Date/Time 6/30/2022 11:59am
From their site: "What about archived races and other MAVTV Plus programming? Will those be on FloRacing? At this time, only new, live MAVTV Plus programming...
From their site:

"What about archived races and other MAVTV Plus programming? Will those be on FloRacing?
At this time, only new, live MAVTV Plus programming will be available on FloRacing. FloSports will communicate if and when MAVTV Plus archived races and other VOD content will be available."

I guess that means no replays of the races thus far.
Thunder Valley is listed on FloRacing, but that's it.

The Shop

motomike137
6/30/2022 11:58am
Well my opinion has changed since it seems they will be honouring the $6.99 month to month subscription that Mav advertised. If they do that and...
Well my opinion has changed since it seems they will be honouring the $6.99 month to month subscription that Mav advertised. If they do that and I can cancel my subscription after the nationals I have no issues.
Yeah I agree. I know I previously said I'm out but for $7 a month and being able to cancel after the series I'm back in lol. I'm willing to take a chance on it for that price.
USA
Fantasy
507th
6/30/2022 12:01pm
From their site: "What about archived races and other MAVTV Plus programming? Will those be on FloRacing? At this time, only new, live MAVTV Plus programming...
From their site:

"What about archived races and other MAVTV Plus programming? Will those be on FloRacing?
At this time, only new, live MAVTV Plus programming will be available on FloRacing. FloSports will communicate if and when MAVTV Plus archived races and other VOD content will be available."

I guess that means no replays of the races thus far.
Wow. This was my next question and I thank you for doing the research and posting this.

It sounds like FloRacing won't even have replays available of the remaining races. I think that points towards having replays posted on YouTube at a later time, at least for this year.

What I really don't get is why RacerTV doesn't do the production and streaming instead, it has always worked fine for the amateur events they do.
johnk408
6/30/2022 12:01pm
I just cancelled my MAV, said I have the service until August 31st anyways, so we will see. Deleted my credit card information as well. Best racing we have had in years, 50th anniversary, what a mess. I actually had no issues with MAV other than taking a day to archive, the races I watched live worked flawlessly, unlike a lot of others. You would think they could have at least made it a couple more months until end of series. But I guess this is bigger picture as I think it says FLO will have ALL live racing from MAV, but maybe I read that wrong.
Broughton859
6/30/2022 12:02pm
I used the link in the MX Sports Important Letter email today and it worked fine. I now have the app on my phone and I know Flo is a million times better as an app than Mav so as of right now same price and a way better platform is a win for me.

Of course, asking fans to do this mid-season is a terrible experience but so is having weekly streaming issues so if this fixes that then it's the lesser of the two evils. $30 a month for next year will be tough though. We'll see how the app goes but that would be my most expensive streaming subscription and If I'm only using it 12 times a year it would be hard to justify it. I absolutely love this stuff and if I'm already second-guessing then that's not good at all.

I'll still be at my "local" nationals though so at least that part will probably never change haha
mx196
Fantasy
4100th
6/30/2022 12:04pm
Yeah I agree. I know I previously said I'm out but for $7 a month and being able to cancel after the series I'm back in...
Yeah I agree. I know I previously said I'm out but for $7 a month and being able to cancel after the series I'm back in lol. I'm willing to take a chance on it for that price.
I'm on the fence, I know they will and it will be probably be easy to cancel; but seeing how much of a shit show this has been the first go around with taking a chance on MAV I don't wanna get burned twice.

Personally I am over the drama and run around to watch our favorite sport.

Do you guys see SX following a similar road or sticking with Peacock for awhile? Hopefully the latter.
Tonynz
6/30/2022 12:06pm
Be interesting if overseas viewers will still be able to subscribe.
Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
6/30/2022 12:07pm
fins227 wrote:
Pro motocross on Facebook blocked me and reported my comment for commenting two words on their post regarding this. I typed “what patience” lol Davey is...
Pro motocross on Facebook blocked me and reported my comment for commenting two words on their post regarding this. I typed “what patience” lol

Davey is fucking clown shoes
What do you expect from Farcebook....the whole platform is about censorship.

All involved with this mess just make themselves look worse by the minute.

johnk408
6/30/2022 12:12pm
Tonynz wrote:
“We’re incredibly excited to welcome MAVTV viewers from across the globe to FloSports,” said Mark Floreani, CEO and Co-Founder, FloSports. “Our platform will give current MAVTV Plus users access to all of our live and on-demand events including motorsports and so much more. With the first live MAVTV on FloRacing events streaming this weekend, we aim to create a seamless viewing experience and ensure not a minute of a live event is missed.”

petef930
6/30/2022 12:14pm
davis224 wrote:
If replays are up quick, I can start a live event late from the beginning, and it's in HD I'll pay that. I don't have much...
If replays are up quick, I can start a live event late from the beginning, and it's in HD I'll pay that. I don't have much faith that will be reality though.
They usually are. They also will post highlights during the live event you are watching.
DonM
6/30/2022 12:24pm Edited Date/Time 6/30/2022 12:25pm
Mav’s performance so far has just been straight up fraudulent. Can’t wait to hear what the “journalists” being paid by them have to say
WTF do the journalist have to do with this? they are just as much in the dark as all of us are but yet you expect them to have all the answers for you....just brilliant!
MXMattii
6/30/2022 12:28pm
Flo Racing is a disgusting company. Asking such high amounts for one championship. They ripped people off with the Chilli Bowl asking about 170 dollars for all racing. Now 150 dollar for the AMA Motocross nationals? Wait What?

DC, I'm not happy about this!
SoCalMX70
6/30/2022 12:29pm
$30 next year? I'm out. I'll be watching via "other" methods. I contribute to this sport in many ways and probably over-spend on way too many products... This won't be one of them.
Logan_Ryall
6/30/2022 12:30pm
NotCore wrote:
What does this mean? New app? New subscription? When does this take effect? Article was vague. Looks like after July 26 MAVTV app will cease to...
What does this mean? New app? New subscription? When does this take effect? Article was vague.

Looks like after July 26 MAVTV app will cease to function for Moto. That means I need to :

1. Cancel MAVTV. (Not clear how to do this since the app does not provide that capability and the website refers back to the app.

2. Sign up for a year long flo TV service, but never heard of it and not sure how, where or what platforms it supports.

I may be out folks. This is mid season bullsh;t. Sure enjoyed watching Dungey come up to speed in the first few though.
petef930 wrote:
Any smart phone or tv has the flo sports app. I have it for dirt track racing. You can watch so much racing. All across the...
Any smart phone or tv has the flo sports app. I have it for dirt track racing. You can watch so much racing. All across the world. They have the arena cross on it. Last week they had mammoth. Any Friday or Saturday night you can watch 10+ races from all over of any type. It is well worth it. $40 a month or you pay yearly. Flo had the rights to the local and regional nascar series also.
$40/month is not worth it😂😂😂😂
Vonripper450
6/30/2022 12:31pm
Wow! They just officially put to rest American Pro Motocross.
mxbigd17
6/30/2022 12:32pm
Maybe this was planned all along….Mavtv see’s the numbers that Moto brings in, then sell‘s the product to Flo where in turn Flo is soooo much better and charges a lot more for their services. Sounds kinda shady if you ask me, but who am I 🤷‍♂️
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
6/30/2022 12:34pm Edited Date/Time 6/30/2022 12:35pm
I just did a quick read-through, but it sounds like the TV production realized they were not going to quickly iron out the bugs with the MAVTV streaming service so they partnered with another streaming service to play out the series at the same price. That doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. Would people prefer they continue trying to make the MAVTV platform work?

Admittedly I haven't been following these threads too closely, I have Spectrum cable and the TV package has been great.
Jeffery_Cutty
6/30/2022 12:35pm
MXMattii wrote:
Flo Racing is a disgusting company. Asking such high amounts for one championship. They ripped people off with the Chilli Bowl asking about 170 dollars for...
Flo Racing is a disgusting company. Asking such high amounts for one championship. They ripped people off with the Chilli Bowl asking about 170 dollars for all racing. Now 150 dollar for the AMA Motocross nationals? Wait What?

You have 0 clue what your talking about, FloSports is $150 for a yearly subscription
Tonynz
6/30/2022 12:39pm
Tonynz wrote:
johnk408 wrote:
“We’re incredibly excited to welcome MAVTV viewers from across the globe to FloSports,” said Mark Floreani, CEO and Co-Founder, FloSports. “Our platform will give current MAVTV...
“We’re incredibly excited to welcome MAVTV viewers from across the globe to FloSports,” said Mark Floreani, CEO and Co-Founder, FloSports. “Our platform will give current MAVTV Plus users access to all of our live and on-demand events including motorsports and so much more. With the first live MAVTV on FloRacing events streaming this weekend, we aim to create a seamless viewing experience and ensure not a minute of a live event is missed.”

Early morning here, just reread it. 😎🏁🏁
MX304
Fantasy
3763rd
6/30/2022 12:39pm
MXMattii wrote:
Flo Racing is a disgusting company. Asking such high amounts for one championship. They ripped people off with the Chilli Bowl asking about 170 dollars for...

Yeah that didn't even include the mains which were only on MAV. FLO has good coverage of a few events, the rest are garbage and their customer service is basically non-existant.
Johnny Ringo
6/30/2022 12:43pm
Mav’s performance so far has just been straight up fraudulent. Can’t wait to hear what the “journalists” being paid by them have to say
DonM wrote:
WTF do the journalist have to do with this? they are just as much in the dark as all of us are but yet you expect...
WTF do the journalist have to do with this? they are just as much in the dark as all of us are but yet you expect them to have all the answers for you....just brilliant!
Easy there Swap
johnk408
6/30/2022 12:44pm
MXMattii wrote:

You have 0 clue what your talking about, FloSports is $150 for a yearly subscription
That's what I saw too, but the press release on Racer X says it will be $29.99 a month starting January, 2023

-Please note that this special offer is only for a limited time. Starting in January 2023, your monthly subscription will auto-renew at the FloSports monthly rate currently set at $29.99.
moto9
6/30/2022 12:48pm
I didn't sign up for mav because of all the complaints and still watched the races for free on youtube.

There is no fucking way in hell I'm paying $40 a month for flow. If I only catch highlights here and there....whatever.
Whomever is in charge of this viewing shit show should be fired on the spot, they are driving hardcore mx fans like me away from the sport.
DonM
6/30/2022 12:50pm
DonM wrote:
WTF do the journalist have to do with this? they are just as much in the dark as all of us are but yet you expect...
Easy there Swap
"Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Lebowski". You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
Bob693
6/30/2022 12:52pm Edited Date/Time 6/30/2022 12:58pm
RedRider28 wrote:
I go to search Flo Racing on Google Play Store on AndroidTV and get no results for it but NOW that they are switching over to...
I go to search Flo Racing on Google Play Store on AndroidTV and get no results for it but NOW that they are switching over to Flo Racing I’m showing an app for MAVTV Plus that I asked about before the season started that they didn’t have 😂 Peacock was available on EVERY platform zero issues with it 👎🏻 I’m out, what a mess.
I searched "Flo" on the apple app store and got a bunch of apps for tracking your period. Make sure to type "Flosports".
soresammy
6/30/2022 12:53pm
Just got this email. Looks like we get a discounted rate but then it goes back up to $30/month. MAVTV Plus Subscribers, We are grateful for...
Just got this email.

Looks like we get a discounted rate but then it goes back up to $30/month.

MAVTV Plus Subscribers,
We are grateful for your patience with the MAVTV Plus streaming platform. Our goal has always been to bring you the best motorsports streaming coverage possible, which is why we are thrilled to announce a new partnership to do just that!
MAVTV has teamed up with FloSports for all LIVE event streaming of MAVTV Plus programming. FloSports is an innovator in sports streaming offering incredible programming and original content live and on demand across 25+ sport categories ranging from motorsports, combat sports, rugby, baseball, football and more. Their dedicated motorsports channel, FloRacing, is an industry leading streaming service that features 2,000+ live racing events annually combined with deep editorial coverage of the sport. We expect this partnership to deliver an elevated viewing experience of live motorsports programming for MAVTV Plus subscribers along with a robust customer support team.
MAVTV Plus content will be moving to a new home on a dedicated FloSports channel called "MAVTV on FloRacing" that can be accessed through various FloSports apps or at FloRacing.com. FloSports is available on iOS, Android, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire and Chromecast.
What does this mean for monthly subscribers?
• Starting Thursday, June 30th, all MAVTV Plus live programming will become available on FloRacing, while also being streamed on MAVTV Plus. After Tuesday, July 26 at midnight, all live MAVTV Plus content will only be streamed on FloRacing. In order to watch new race broadcasts on our schedule after that day, you will need a subscription to FloRacing.
• Your current MAVTV Plus account will remain active until midnight on July 26 unless it expires before that date.
• If your subscription expires before July 27, it will not auto-renew, and you will not see any future charges from MAVTV. Upon expiration, you will no longer have access to MAVTV Plus, but will be able to sign up at FloRacing to gain access to all of the future MAVTV Plus programming and lots lots more.
• If you already have a FloRacing subscription, you will have immediate access to new, live MAVTV Plus programming on FloRacing.
• FloSports is offering current monthly MAVTV Plus subscribers (who do not already have a FloRacing account) a special limited-time discounted rate of $6.99 a month to sign up with FloRacing. You can redeem this offer with the following link:
REDEEM NOW
• The special discounted rate is only available till midnight on September 3, 2022, so be sure to act on this offer right away to continue streaming new, live MAVTV Plus programming.
• Keep in mind this rate will provide access to over 2,000 races year-round at an incredible value of under 10 cents a race. A real bargain for motorsports fans that includes MAVTV Plus programming plus USAC, All Star Circuit of Champions, Eldora Speedway, IRA Outlaw Sprints, Short Track Super Series, NASCAR Roots, drag racing, moto, off-roading, and snocross events all year round… and so much more.
• Starting in January 2023, your monthly subscription will auto-renew at the FloSports monthly rate currently set at $29.99.
Thank you again for your patience and for your loyalty and support. We hope you enjoy the new streaming experience!
For any questions or concerns please email racehelp@mavtv.com.
Let's Go Racing!
Stuff happens I understand that. While he did thank us for being patient, not one apology for the missed races, wasted money, hours of hassles, canceled subscriptions ( without ever canceling, or worse not being able to cancle) , lost faith in MX Sports and Lucas Oil, and an overall black eye on our sport... Just acts like business as usual. As stated above, I highly recommend turning the comments off because it's going to get ugly.
MXMattii
6/30/2022 12:53pm
MXMattii wrote:

You have no clue. The chili bowl wasn't part of their yearly subscription. Pretty sure about that!! Also the fact that you can hardly see what is included and what is not is very annoying to say at least!!

Post a reply to: MAVTV unites with Flo racing

The Latest