MAG Files for Chapter 11

BobbyM
11/21/2017 7:52am
How can this happen with king Trump in charge?
Rhino
11/21/2017 10:06am
RPM68 wrote:
Side by sides are what the dealers make money on, sooner y’all realize that the better. Not very surprising, but still sucks to hear.
My neighbor has 40 grand into his and probably 25 or so into his old ladies.
It is pretty bad ass, but yeah. The amount of aftermarket hop ups are endless too.

Can't sell much shit to a dirt bike guy.
newmann
11/21/2017 10:49am
BobbyM wrote:
Funny how all those years of greed finally catch up.
Uncle Tony
11/21/2017 10:57am
RPM68 wrote:
Side by sides are what the dealers make money on, sooner y’all realize that the better. Not very surprising, but still sucks to hear.
Rhino wrote:
My neighbor has 40 grand into his and probably 25 or so into his old ladies. It is pretty bad ass, but yeah. The amount of...
It is pretty bad ass, but yeah. The amount of aftermarket hop ups are endless too.

They had a side by side race at Middleboro last weekend, never really seen them before, man those guys spend a crazy amount of money on them! They were suppose to have one race at intermission but everyone had so much fun watching them the promoter gave them a second moto

The Shop

11/21/2017 11:14am Edited Date/Time 11/21/2017 11:16am
Uncle Tony wrote:
They had a side by side race at Middleboro last weekend, never really seen them before, man those guys spend a crazy amount of money on...
They had a side by side race at Middleboro last weekend, never really seen them before, man those guys spend a crazy amount of money on them! They were suppose to have one race at intermission but everyone had so much fun watching them the promoter gave them a second moto
I saw a fairgrounds race this year in rural Northern California that had a couple of them on an oval track, racing simultaneously with traditional quads. I was scared shitless, and was not even anywhere near the track.
BobPA
11/21/2017 11:23am
BobbyM wrote:
King Obama set the wheels in motion....
kkawboy14
11/21/2017 12:38pm
BobbyM wrote:
BobPA wrote:
King Obama set the wheels in motion....
......whatever profits were made, the wives got it all Smile
11/22/2017 10:53am

And don't criticize
What you can't understand
Your sons and your daughters
Are beyond your command
Your old road is rapidly aging
Please get out of the new one if you can't lend your hand
Cause the times they are a-changing
twotwosix
11/22/2017 11:20am Edited Date/Time 11/22/2017 11:20am
kkawboy14 wrote:
How long until Amazon can get parts to people the same day?
Not long. We are providing parts for Amazon to stock and ship from their facilities. We send the part to Amazon and they handle everything else, even the post sale support. The cost to do it this way on certain products isn't that bad and it's very low risk, as opposed to fulfilling orders yourself. I see a lot of retailers going that way... We only do this on a few items, but it is going well.
kkawboy14
11/22/2017 12:27pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
How long until Amazon can get parts to people the same day?
twotwosix wrote:
Not long. We are providing parts for Amazon to stock and ship from their facilities. We send the part to Amazon and they handle everything else...
Not long. We are providing parts for Amazon to stock and ship from their facilities. We send the part to Amazon and they handle everything else, even the post sale support. The cost to do it this way on certain products isn't that bad and it's very low risk, as opposed to fulfilling orders yourself. I see a lot of retailers going that way... We only do this on a few items, but it is going well.
That’s what I thought. I just signed up last week for them to handle my product. Free shipping is gonna continue to hurt retailers.
The funny thing about the free shipping they offer....they will upsell sell the free shipping if you want it faster. Most people pay the extra and don’t even blink, they are just happy free shipping was offered
Micahdogg
11/22/2017 1:07pm
I find the comments really interesting in regard to greed, placing money over passion, and the wall street mentality. Then people tout some economic agenda for the country that exacerbates these very problems. We are doomed.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
11/22/2017 4:57pm
GuyB wrote:
We don’t do politics in here, or non-moto.
THANK YOU !! Politics and religion don't belong on a Moto forum, IMO !!
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
11/22/2017 5:01pm
Rhino wrote:
My neighbor has 40 grand into his and probably 25 or so into his old ladies. It is pretty bad ass, but yeah. The amount of...

I'm over $40K into mine too, but it's worth the good times I have driving it. 5% of the people that get in it with me, take a second ride. The other 95% will never get back in a RZR. lol

kkawboy14
11/22/2017 5:02pm
GuyB wrote:
We don’t do politics in here, or non-moto.
langhammx wrote:
THANK YOU !! Politics and religion don't belong on a Moto forum, IMO !!
Niether does rudeness and stupidity, but it lives here all the time!
stillwelding
11/22/2017 5:26pm
Rhino wrote:

langhammx wrote:
I'm over $40K into mine too, but it's worth the good times I have driving it. 5% of the people that get in it with me...
I'm over $40K into mine too, but it's worth the good times I have driving it. 5% of the people that get in it with me, take a second ride. The other 95% will never get back in a RZR. lol

I hate those things, can’t jump off when stuff starts going wrong.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
11/22/2017 6:04pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
That’s what I thought. I just signed up last week for them to handle my product. Free shipping is gonna continue to hurt retailers. The funny...
That’s what I thought. I just signed up last week for them to handle my product. Free shipping is gonna continue to hurt retailers.
The funny thing about the free shipping they offer....they will upsell sell the free shipping if you want it faster. Most people pay the extra and don’t even blink, they are just happy free shipping was offered
You know, back to your same day question, Amazon is able to do 2 hr deliveries in some places now. Albeit, selected big cities, but even faster than same day is coming at some point to larger portions.

Retail will be one of those things our kids, tell their kids about, “Back in my day, we used to go to the store......”
kkawboy14
11/24/2017 4:50am Edited Date/Time 11/24/2017 4:51am
kkawboy14 wrote:
That’s what I thought. I just signed up last week for them to handle my product. Free shipping is gonna continue to hurt retailers. The funny...
kzizok wrote:
You know, back to your same day question, Amazon is able to do 2 hr deliveries in some places now. Albeit, selected big cities, but even...
You know, back to your same day question, Amazon is able to do 2 hr deliveries in some places now. Albeit, selected big cities, but even faster than same day is coming at some point to larger portions.

Retail will be one of those things our kids, tell their kids about, “Back in my day, we used to go to the store......”
You know retail will survive if it changes! Blockbuster Video didn’t change so it disappeared fast.

Retail will have to become a destination instead of just a merchandise outlet. You can now have “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” and there sales in store have gone up.

A motorcycle shop may have to become half “Beer, Wings, with Football and Racing big screens” or add a Harbor Frieght or add a Victoria Secrets.....but for sure if they don’t change the individual stores will disappear.

The Outlet Mall concept seems to still be booming as well. It’s a destination that has everything.

Post a reply to: MAG Files for Chapter 11

The Latest