Luongo says all Monster Energy riders will have to race USGPs in 2011

Gio
7/8/2010 8:51am
HerculesMX wrote:
Hey doc, we have a company called the MIC in the USA. They put out numbers of sales and sold bikes. why dont you check out...
Hey doc, we have a company called the MIC in the USA. They put out numbers of sales and sold bikes.

why dont you check out their yearly numbers that they release? a simple google search will find you these things.

in the best years (like 2007), it was around 450K dirt bikes and nearly 1 million ATV's that were sold. europe on a good day is 1/4 of this, maybe - and I bet that estimate is even high.

That is where my thoughts stem from....facts. nothin but the facts!

DrSweden wrote:
Yes, I tried to find those figures you mentioned and I know you guys buy more bikes, I have seen the figures from previous years, and...
Yes, I tried to find those figures you mentioned and I know you guys buy more bikes, I have seen the figures from previous years, and the logistics and ordeal selling to one country prolly induce less margins with generates even higher sales in US (a CRF cost twice as much in Sweden). You have any figures from last year in comparison? I didn't' find any...

This main reason why Nat's is attracting people from Europe is these bike sales figures because it generates so much spin off money that generates even more money that in the end part of that pile of cash ends up in the riders pockets more likely than in Europe. Maybe these new big drink sponsors is changing that? The cash is no longer attached to bike sales only?

Finally we are talking again about motocross...well done, Shenzi & Dr. Sweden!!! Smile
motogrady
7/8/2010 9:28am

I thought the purpose if the FIM and the AMA was to better motorcycling,
decide Champions, protect our rights.

When did their job become all about selling units?
MXMattii
7/8/2010 9:35am
Luongo kills the motocross scene in Europe! Thanks for that! IDIOT!
HerculesMX
7/8/2010 9:43am
motogrady wrote:
I thought the purpose if the FIM and the AMA was to better motorcycling, decide Champions, protect our rights. When did their job become all about...

motogrady, where did anyone say anything about the FIM and AMA selling units? I was talking about the MIC, which has NOTHING to do with the FIM and the AMA.

The markets in each country, which are independent of the FIM and AMA, decide how many units are sold.

Supply and demand. Economics 101.

The AMA and FIM exist in spite of the markets. That said, the AMA does care what the market does and does promote motorcycling, as does the FIM.

More units sold means more bikes on the road (or trail) burning gas, means more jobs in the business and more funds available for investment. Marcro Economics 101....

but, as Gio says, lets get back to motocross - and my original thought: Very few people in the USA care about GP motocross.

I know that Guido guy wants to bring his races here, and that is cool. However, he is going to have a hell of a challenge to get anyone to show up, outside of 2000 or 3000 people. No one cares. To build his series in the US and make people come, i just dont see it happening. The market is too crowed and Americans dont really care about some kid from Germany, or Latvia or Italy whose name they cannot pronounce.

The Shop

alphado
7/8/2010 9:50am
He is going to ruin the MXDN by having it here every other year too. That race is special, should be here every 10-20 years.
jamma10
7/8/2010 10:04am Edited Date/Time 7/8/2010 10:11am
motogrady wrote:
I thought the purpose if the FIM and the AMA was to better motorcycling, decide Champions, protect our rights. When did their job become all about...

HerculesMX wrote:
motogrady, where did anyone say anything about the FIM and AMA selling units? I was talking about the MIC, which has NOTHING to do with the...
motogrady, where did anyone say anything about the FIM and AMA selling units? I was talking about the MIC, which has NOTHING to do with the FIM and the AMA.

The markets in each country, which are independent of the FIM and AMA, decide how many units are sold.

The AMA and FIM exist in spite of the markets. That said, the AMA does care what the market does and does promote motorcycling, as does the FIM.

More units sold means more bikes on the road (or trail) burning gas, means more jobs in the business and more funds available for investment. Marcro Economics 101....

but, as Gio says, lets get back to motocross - and my original thought: Very few people in the USA care about GP motocross.

I know that Guido guy wants to bring his races here, and that is cool. However, he is going to have a hell of a challenge to get anyone to show up, outside of 2000 or 3000 people. No one cares. To build his series in the US and make people come, i just dont see it happening. The market is too crowed and Americans dont really care about some kid from Germany, or Latvia or Italy whose name they cannot pronounce.
...until they come to america and start winning races - like Tortelli, Reed, Townley, Langston, Pourcel etc etc.

You know, you might beat your chest and bleat about how 'no one in America cares about the GP's', but I don't think you realise how badly that reflects on you and those of a similar mindset.

Real fans embrace their chosen sport with humility and respect, not nonchalance and contempt.
ocscottie
7/8/2010 10:22am Edited Date/Time 7/8/2010 11:45am
I got my answer to this question...
WORCSRacer
7/8/2010 10:23am
ocscottie wrote:
Let me answer that: because he's a jackass.
500guy
7/8/2010 10:24am
ocscottie wrote:
You know I think you guy's should start a section and out all these assholes who make multiple accounts.
DrSweden
7/8/2010 10:45am
jamma10 wrote:
...until they come to america and start winning races - like Tortelli, Reed, Townley, Langston, Pourcel etc etc.You know, you might beat your chest and bleat...
...until they come to america and start winning races - like Tortelli, Reed, Townley, Langston, Pourcel etc etc.

You know, you might beat your chest and bleat about how 'no one in America cares about the GP's', but I don't think you realise how badly that reflects on you and those of a similar mindset.

Real fans embrace their chosen sport with humility and respect, not nonchalance and contempt.
Again, you make valid points. A person that have a tendency to broaden his horizon I suggest have a higher ratio in success (personal, economical etc).

It's madness to ignore racing overseas since it really adds to the excitement. I don't get why some fight this truths so badly...
DrSweden
7/8/2010 10:46am
Gio wrote:

Finally we are talking again about motocross...well done, Shenzi & Dr. Sweden!!! Smile
Smile
500guy
7/8/2010 10:55am
jamma10 wrote:
...until they come to america and start winning races - like Tortelli, Reed, Townley, Langston, Pourcel etc etc.You know, you might beat your chest and bleat...

DrSweden wrote:
Again, you make valid points. A person that have a tendency to broaden his horizon I suggest have a higher ratio in success (personal, economical etc)...
Again, you make valid points. A person that have a tendency to broaden his horizon I suggest have a higher ratio in success (personal, economical etc).

It's madness to ignore racing overseas since it really adds to the excitement. I don't get why some fight this truths so badly...
I don't think racing overseas gets ignored, it just isn't real popular in the USA. Same goes for Soccer it just isn't a big deal here and probably never will be, doesn't make it bad or wrong or anyone stupid. it's just the way it goes.
DrSweden
7/8/2010 11:15am Edited Date/Time 7/8/2010 11:18am
500guy wrote:
I don't think racing overseas gets ignored, it just isn't real popular in the USA. Same goes for Soccer it just isn't a big deal here...
I don't think racing overseas gets ignored, it just isn't real popular in the USA. Same goes for Soccer it just isn't a big deal here and probably never will be, doesn't make it bad or wrong or anyone stupid. it's just the way it goes.
Popularity goes hand in hand with lack of ignorance I suggest. Still I agree GPs are NOT that popular which seems like a fact based on the attendance at the USGP (which actually came as a chock for me. I thought people where more interested), which is really sad. What's the problem with having twice the entertaining to choose from? I that that was the American way? Competition at any costs? So based on this I'm sure the reason the GPs don't win any ground is based on lack of knowledge than anything...

Soccer on the other hand is very popular, I hear you have more soccer players than baseball players? You should have seen the streets of Boston when US played Ghana, that was a clear indication that you are dead wrong.

At least Mitch Payton is paying the GPs some attention, but he knows shit. Wassat
motogrady
7/8/2010 11:39am
motogrady wrote:

HerculesMX wrote:
motogrady, where did anyone say anything about the FIM and AMA selling units? I was talking about the MIC, which has NOTHING to do with the...

jamma10 wrote:

It just seems the tail is wagging the dog when Monster tells Y/S, the AMA or
the FIM where their riders are to ride.

The USA buys most of the bikes. Great.

Who's gonna beat the path to those countries that don't?

Will the Far East ever see a GP?

Are they in it to grow the sport or just cherry pick where its like shootin' fish in a barrel?

c3011
7/8/2010 3:13pm
I just looked through this quick, but it all appears to be the same arguements as F1 and NASCAR. Unless there is a competitive American, people in the US will not be very interested. Also, one race which is just part of a series isn't enough for the US, if there isn't racing week in and week out we will loose interest. There is also the business end of this where companies want to market to more than one geographic area of the US. JMO.

Post a reply to: Luongo says all Monster Energy riders will have to race USGPs in 2011

The Latest