Luongo says 'F You' to the riders in France

6/7/2022 11:51am
Has mxgp become to corporate ? The paddock infrastructure seems to have a huge effect on where the racing is held making racing nearly second rate...
Has mxgp become to corporate ? The paddock infrastructure seems to have a huge effect on where the racing is held making racing nearly second rate and second in importance.
Take a look at the signage around the track it looks around 6ft high thus blocking the view of the spectators. Signs take precedence over viewing. MXGP is a blue collar sport with a white collar goal. Look at nascar its losing its core fans the blue collar worker at an alarming rate due to corporate white collar influence.

We’re the 70’s 80’s and 90’s promoted by the clubs or a promoter in GP’s
roninho wrote:
Not sure how you can be negative about the locations/ where the racing is held when the first 9 rounds include Ernee, Matterly, Maggiora, Argentina, Kegums...
Not sure how you can be negative about the locations/ where the racing is held when the first 9 rounds include Ernee, Matterly, Maggiora, Argentina, Kegums, Trentino, Mantova and Aguada.
And the next 5 include Teutschenthal, Loket, Uddevala and Lommel.
Any pop up track they visit is a kick to the plums for MXGP.
The pop up tracks are not about the racing they are all about getting a $ from the government.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
6/8/2022 3:38am
Joshracing wrote:
KNOW your facts guys.... direct from the man, he did not say 'fuck you' at all..... the riders are way out of line here, and did...
KNOW your facts guys.... direct from the man, he did not say 'fuck you' at all..... the riders are way out of line here, and did it only to gain unfair advantage. This is motocross, what's on the track, deal with it. It certainly was not dangerous. Too hard for you, get a soccer ball, cry to mommy.
Read the full story, you'll side with Luongo, without question. He's the man in MXGP.... if you take the time to understand how and why he does what he does.
https://www.mxlarge.com/news/giuseppe-luongo-interview-open-dialogue
Bearuno wrote:
Giuseppe's been spouting his self serving BS for decades now, while bleeding the sport dry. He's an expert in deception, misdirection and pushing his agendas. And...
Giuseppe's been spouting his self serving BS for decades now, while bleeding the sport dry. He's an expert in deception, misdirection and pushing his agendas.

And 'MXGeoff' has been his brown nosing propagandist for much of his reign.

Bugger both of them for the arseholes that they are.

20 /25 minutes of track prep with the equipment they had there, and the race would have gone ahead, Earlier than it ended up going off, and with the full compliment of riders. But no, Giuseppe's Boy and others, wouldn't do the better thing.

As for the "Know your facts guys" - the "F**k You" is part of the OPs heading of this thread.
Joshracing wrote:
Prep the track? When did this become a thing? I often wonder why they prep... it's freakin motocross! Luongo's right in what he said, the guys...
Prep the track? When did this become a thing? I often wonder why they prep... it's freakin motocross! Luongo's right in what he said, the guys wanted to fall back on the results of practice, chicken shit of going out and getting muddy.
You're there to perform, rain, hail or shine. They should not be grooming the track, maybe some mega ruts in jump faces, not the first corner... just ride it baby!
The first corner has been prepped consistently at almost every race I can remember, rarely have I seen jump faces maintained on race day (on the local level). It's mind boggling how it wasn't just done without asking, or even when it was brought up.
David934
6/8/2022 5:18am
Motofinne wrote:
I don't understand how Infront can have so much power. This should've been 100% a matter for the FIM and the stewards, not the promoter. Infront...
I don't understand how Infront can have so much power. This should've been 100% a matter for the FIM and the stewards, not the promoter. Infront should have nothing to say about if a race is being held or not because of safety concerns.

GPs are in a bad place at the moment.
Twenty years organizing World championships under Mr. Luongo leads to 25 riders on the gate and to very expensive racing. So they (FIM) are blind?
Richy
6/8/2022 5:37am Edited Date/Time 6/8/2022 5:38am
How anyone who likes motocross enough to kill their down time / afternoon breaks / shitter sesh on a motocross forum would stand up for either Luongo, let alone be completely unaware that they are a set of cunts, is baffling to me.

The Shop

6/8/2022 7:33am Edited Date/Time 6/8/2022 7:35am
USA wrote:
Based off the interview woth Luongo, I do not expect anything to change and I wouldn't be surprised to see some attempted penalties or punishments levied...
Based off the interview woth Luongo, I do not expect anything to change and I wouldn't be surprised to see some attempted penalties or punishments levied toward the riders like Seewer and Prado.

I can't believe they are trying to throw their own athletes under the bus. Trying to insinuate that the riders don't want to get muddy and that's the problem.

Luongo: isn’t it odd that the riders who acted strongly were the first 7 riders (plus another 1 or 2 extra) from the morning’s time-practise results and following the Regulations: if we don’t have a qualifying race the riders line up for the Sunday’s races with the results of the time-practise. Strange huh?  And quite frankly if I were to put myself in the position of one of these top riders, and if I could avoid having to race in the mud for about 25 minutes with the difficulties that in a muddy race brings and where many things can happen possibly creating not a good gate pick for Sunday’s racing when I already had a good result in the morning’s time-practise, in a selfish consideration I can understand them..."

Haha so you think Little Luongo is going to punish a rider from Claudio DeCarli's team? Sounds cute.

Did i hear the words 'Italian mob' somewhere? 😅
6/8/2022 2:31pm
Wasn't there a discussion a few years ago by the manufacturers about breaking away and promoting their own championship series?
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4358th
6/9/2022 10:59pm Edited Date/Time 6/10/2022 3:50am
There is interview on the non-favourable website with Luongo Jr. ... I have a question... How did Mr. McCready and Mr. McKinstry avoid the urge to punch that poohead in his face?.. He is acting like Gajser or Seewer a are some dumb average joes spoiling the party and is determined to not give up an inch anyone in the future.
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4358th
6/9/2022 11:01pm
Motofinne wrote:
I don't understand how Infront can have so much power. This should've been 100% a matter for the FIM and the stewards, not the promoter. Infront...
I don't understand how Infront can have so much power. This should've been 100% a matter for the FIM and the stewards, not the promoter. Infront should have nothing to say about if a race is being held or not because of safety concerns.

GPs are in a bad place at the moment.
David934 wrote:
Twenty years organizing World championships under Mr. Luongo leads to 25 riders on the gate and to very expensive racing. So they (FIM) are blind?
roninho
6/10/2022 2:42am
There is interview on the non-favourable website with Luongo Jr. ... I have a question... How did Mr. McCready and Mr. McKinstry avoid the urge to...
There is interview on the non-favourable website with Luongo Jr. ... I have a question... How did Mr. McCready and Mr. McKinstry avoid the urge to punch that poohead in his face?.. He is acting like Gajser or Seewer a are some dumb average joes spoiling the party and is determined to not give up an inch anyone in the future.
I like that gatedrop at least asked some tougher questions, but to be honest i wished Andy would have pushed a bit more on this quote by Luongo: "Our work is to supply the stage, and I think we do it very well, where the teams and riders can show themselves."

I mean you can ask about money for teams like gatedrop did, but when the ceo feels that they do a 'very well' job at supplying the stage for the teams to show themselves when we have record low entries then imo that is really a problem.

yak651
Fantasy
214th
6/10/2022 3:45am
There is interview on the non-favourable website with Luongo Jr. ... I have a question... How did Mr. McCready and Mr. McKinstry avoid the urge to...
roninho wrote:
I like that gatedrop at least asked some tougher questions, but to be honest i wished Andy would have pushed a bit more on this quote...
I like that gatedrop at least asked some tougher questions, but to be honest i wished Andy would have pushed a bit more on this quote by Luongo: "Our work is to supply the stage, and I think we do it very well, where the teams and riders can show themselves."

I mean you can ask about money for teams like gatedrop did, but when the ceo feels that they do a 'very well' job at supplying the stage for the teams to show themselves when we have record low entries then imo that is really a problem.

The stage he provided was rotted out and ready for an “actor” to fall through. He should be embarrassed with his and his son’s actions. Even a local track does everything possible to provide a decent track after rain the day of an event

Post a reply to: Luongo says 'F You' to the riders in France

The Latest