Luongo says 'F You' to the riders in France

USA
6/5/2022 5:17pm Edited Date/Time 6/10/2022 6:23am
This was talked about a little bit in the MXGP race thread, but I think it needs its own area for discussion.

On Saturday the promoters decided not to fix the start straight and first corner after the heavy rain. This led to a massive crash that involved championship contender Jago Geerts in MX2. Many top MXGP riders then protested after they were told that the start still would not have any prep for their qualifying race.

Lewis Phillips did a great podcast with Seewer and Luongo both right after this unfolded. First hand accounts from Seewer and Prado do not paint a nice picture of David Luongo, surprise there.

The riders felt major disrespect, with Seewer going as far as to say "They don't fucking care about us". Prado and Jonass both mentioned that they felt like they were "treated like dogs" in the post-race podcast.

https://listen.stitcher.com/yvap/?af_dp=stitcher://episode/203764776&af…
|
scott_nz
6/5/2022 5:23pm Edited Date/Time 6/5/2022 5:50pm
Lewis did a good job with those interviews,

I think the situation is a lot like the night the lights went out in Vegas in 95, with a lot of the riders not riding to protest, rather than just the lights, the riders never stood together then, and the same shit goes on today,

until all the riders stand up, Insport, Feld and the other promotors will just keep feeding crumbs,
Dirt_Dawg
6/5/2022 6:37pm
Looks like junior is a bigger asshole than his father. Go figure
scott_nz
6/5/2022 6:51pm Edited Date/Time 6/5/2022 7:06pm
The after race podcast from mxvice has more info , incl some push back from in front officals on Sunday
Bearuno
6/6/2022 12:21am Edited Date/Time 6/6/2022 12:52am
scott_nz wrote:
Lewis did a good job with those interviews, I think the situation is a lot like the night the lights went out in Vegas in 95...

I think the situation is a lot like the night the lights went out in Vegas in 95, with a lot of the riders not riding to protest, rather than just the lights, the riders never stood together then, and the same shit goes on today,

until all the riders stand up, Insport, Feld and the other promotors will just keep feeding crumbs,
I very much like Lewis' interviews and reportage, but I think he didn't raise with 'Daddy's Boy Davide' the issue that the riders were so pissed off with - the fact that No Maintenance was done on the start straight and first turn, especially after they had requested it.

That was the Key issue that the riders were concerned with, and it was an issue ignored / not dealt with, by the powers that be.

Maybe Lewis talked to Luongo before he knew of that primary issue?

Seewer was fantastic in that interview, and took Lewis' repeated descriptions of him being a ringleader etc ( I'm sure, well hope, that Lewis did it in good humor) well, but I think he could have backed off on that labeling.

I know that the Luongos have ruled with an Iron Fist for decades now, often intimidating / threatening members of the Motorcycle Press / Internet, so can understand Lewis being Very careful with his dealings with the Son Of The Devil, but he should have put forward in the interview, to Luongo, the riders main concern, if he knew of it at the time.

Getting the overall was a perfect "up yours" to Luongo / Infront, by Seewer.

I do hope the vindictive bastards don't find a way to go after Seewer and the other riders who took a stand.

The Shop

tek14
6/6/2022 12:34am
It would have taken 5-10mins to fix that first turn with tractors. They spend 20mins to argue about doing nothing.
6/6/2022 1:15am
Dirt_Dawg wrote:
Looks like junior is a bigger asshole than his father. Go figure
Didn’t think it was possible, but seems you’re right.

jemcee
6/6/2022 2:15am
Bit more here.. going off this, the officials didn't take too kindly to the protest.. Also going off what Seewer says they trotted out the old "Don't like it, go play golf" which is a fuckwit thing to say to professional mx riders appealing for safety
https://gatedrop.com/seewer-gajser-prado-coldenhoff-on-saturdays-protests-rider-respect-and-safety

Can't remember if Gatedrop is the site people here won't go.. Do or don't no skin off mine haha
Motofinne
6/6/2022 2:30am Edited Date/Time 6/6/2022 2:31am
I don't understand how Infront can have so much power. This should've been 100% a matter for the FIM and the stewards, not the promoter. Infront should have nothing to say about if a race is being held or not because of safety concerns.

GPs are in a bad place at the moment.
6/6/2022 2:50am
Cry me a river. Everyone races the same track. No wonder these guys are terrified of Supercross.
6/6/2022 3:00am
Motofinne wrote:
I don't understand how Infront can have so much power. This should've been 100% a matter for the FIM and the stewards, not the promoter. Infront...
I don't understand how Infront can have so much power. This should've been 100% a matter for the FIM and the stewards, not the promoter. Infront should have nothing to say about if a race is being held or not because of safety concerns.

Mafia corruption is a way of business in Italy.
Natester551v
6/6/2022 6:16am
scott_nz wrote:
Lewis did a good job with those interviews, I think the situation is a lot like the night the lights went out in Vegas in 95...

Bearuno wrote:
I [i]very much [/i] like Lewis' interviews and reportage, but I think he didn't raise with 'Daddy's Boy Davide' the issue that the riders were so...
I very much like Lewis' interviews and reportage, but I think he didn't raise with 'Daddy's Boy Davide' the issue that the riders were so pissed off with - the fact that No Maintenance was done on the start straight and first turn, especially after they had requested it.

That was the Key issue that the riders were concerned with, and it was an issue ignored / not dealt with, by the powers that be.

Maybe Lewis talked to Luongo before he knew of that primary issue?

Seewer was fantastic in that interview, and took Lewis' repeated descriptions of him being a ringleader etc ( I'm sure, well hope, that Lewis did it in good humor) well, but I think he could have backed off on that labeling.

I know that the Luongos have ruled with an Iron Fist for decades now, often intimidating / threatening members of the Motorcycle Press / Internet, so can understand Lewis being Very careful with his dealings with the Son Of The Devil, but he should have put forward in the interview, to Luongo, the riders main concern, if he knew of it at the time.

Getting the overall was a perfect "up yours" to Luongo / Infront, by Seewer.

I do hope the vindictive bastards don't find a way to go after Seewer and the other riders who took a stand.
Success is always the best revenge! Makes Seewer somewhat more insulated from the Luongo mob I guess....
Bearuno
6/6/2022 6:58am Edited Date/Time 6/6/2022 6:59am
Motofinne wrote:
I don't understand how Infront can have so much power. This should've been 100% a matter for the FIM and the stewards, not the promoter. Infront...

Mafia corruption is a way of business in Italy.
And Switzerland ( home of the FIMs main offices) is just across the border....... Swiss Banks 'launder' for so many organizations - legal or otherwise.

As to the FIM Officials having power ? Yes, they are supposed to have it, but they tend to be very much part of Youthstreams - Now InFront's, but really Luongos (until somewhere in the 2030s?) control base.

Something to consider - whenever people bitch about the AMA's supposed 'control' over Motocross eg: the lack of capacity equivalency, rider penalties etc etc : the AMA will generally answer the rules are down to DC and Co.

Now, I truly believe DC and Co are genuine, caring Stewards of our loved sport, but Zod help the US Outdoors if ever the France Companies (I've gone blank on the name) , who Own US Motocross and some other MC series, 'sell' the control to someone else, or, keep it for Themselves. Just look at what happened to US Road Racing under their control....... Dizzy Moto America (?) has improved things, but they've still a massive mountain to climb in getting past that whole debacle.
scott_nz
6/6/2022 11:32am
Lewis is now reporting that there will be a riders meeting Friday ,

Wonder if infront will listen and try to act on the riders complaints , Or the riders will get a speech from a luongo junior with the tone of the elementary school principle ,
Cortami79
6/6/2022 11:18pm
Truth is that riders capable of doing top 10 in mx2 have to pay to ride. That’s issue nr1. Then they have qualifying races that make no sense and only cause further injuries, tracks like Turkey, Materly with the sun so low you can’t even see the faces of the jumps. They really need to restructure some things to make sure that the mxgp paddock is still there in 15 years.

I think Seewer did a great job explaining how riders are affected and how they tried to make a statement. If everything goes on like this then we will have 15 riders in each class, especially if you consider a new global financial crisis.
6/6/2022 11:29pm
Cortami79 wrote:
Truth is that riders capable of doing top 10 in mx2 have to pay to ride. That’s issue nr1. Then they have qualifying races that make...
Truth is that riders capable of doing top 10 in mx2 have to pay to ride. That’s issue nr1. Then they have qualifying races that make no sense and only cause further injuries, tracks like Turkey, Materly with the sun so low you can’t even see the faces of the jumps. They really need to restructure some things to make sure that the mxgp paddock is still there in 15 years.

I think Seewer did a great job explaining how riders are affected and how they tried to make a statement. If everything goes on like this then we will have 15 riders in each class, especially if you consider a new global financial crisis.
Has mxgp become to corporate ? The paddock infrastructure seems to have a huge effect on where the racing is held making racing nearly second rate and second in importance.
Take a look at the signage around the track it looks around 6ft high thus blocking the view of the spectators. Signs take precedence over viewing. MXGP is a blue collar sport with a white collar goal. Look at nascar its losing its core fans the blue collar worker at an alarming rate due to corporate white collar influence.

We’re the 70’s 80’s and 90’s promoted by the clubs or a promoter in GP’s
Cortami79
6/6/2022 11:36pm
I think that they’re indeed trying too hard to make it an elite sport. F1 and motoGP are pretty elite but sponsors see a better ROI due to a much greater presence of global scale. So you’re spot on about being blue collar. There are teams spending millions on 2 riders, while some riders that are 1 second off are barely supported. For example Seewer, Coldenhoff make a few hundred thousand a year (which they obviously deserve!) and a guy that rides P15-25 can barely make a living from it. It makes no sense to me but it is how it is.

You will always have top riders that make way more, but at least try to make sure that the riders from P15 to P25 make a decent pay that cover their expenses and have some food on their table.

We are lucky in Europe to have great businessmen like Wilvo, Standing Construct, F&H kawasaki. They are dropping much money into the sport without too much of an ROI at all
roninho
6/6/2022 11:58pm
Has mxgp become to corporate ? The paddock infrastructure seems to have a huge effect on where the racing is held making racing nearly second rate...
Has mxgp become to corporate ? The paddock infrastructure seems to have a huge effect on where the racing is held making racing nearly second rate and second in importance.
Take a look at the signage around the track it looks around 6ft high thus blocking the view of the spectators. Signs take precedence over viewing. MXGP is a blue collar sport with a white collar goal. Look at nascar its losing its core fans the blue collar worker at an alarming rate due to corporate white collar influence.

We’re the 70’s 80’s and 90’s promoted by the clubs or a promoter in GP’s
Not sure how you can be negative about the locations/ where the racing is held when the first 9 rounds include Ernee, Matterly, Maggiora, Argentina, Kegums, Trentino, Mantova and Aguada.
And the next 5 include Teutschenthal, Loket, Uddevala and Lommel.
roninho
6/7/2022 12:07am Edited Date/Time 6/7/2022 12:08am
Cortami79 wrote:
Truth is that riders capable of doing top 10 in mx2 have to pay to ride. That’s issue nr1. Then they have qualifying races that make...

Tbh i dont think Seewer, Gajser, Coldenhoff etc not riding had anything to do with entry fees or costs. This was about safety.

As for the low entries, maybe we are also seeing the effects of corona on businesses & fuel price increases. I mean emx250 doesnt have the 1.000 euro entry fee and numbers are way down in that class.

Pit Row

6/7/2022 3:02am Edited Date/Time 6/7/2022 4:41am
KNOW your facts guys.... direct from the man, he did not say 'fuck you' at all..... the riders are way out of line here, and did it only to gain unfair advantage. This is motocross, what's on the track, deal with it. It certainly was not dangerous. Too hard for you, get a soccer ball, cry to mommy.
Read the full story, you'll side with Luongo, without question. He's the man in MXGP.... if you take the time to understand how and why he does what he does.
https://www.mxlarge.com/news/giuseppe-luongo-interview-open-dialogue
jaun
6/7/2022 3:21am
F
DonM
6/7/2022 5:44am
Joshracing wrote:
KNOW your facts guys.... direct from the man, he did not say 'fuck you' at all..... the riders are way out of line here, and did...
KNOW your facts guys.... direct from the man, he did not say 'fuck you' at all..... the riders are way out of line here, and did it only to gain unfair advantage. This is motocross, what's on the track, deal with it. It certainly was not dangerous. Too hard for you, get a soccer ball, cry to mommy.
Read the full story, you'll side with Luongo, without question. He's the man in MXGP.... if you take the time to understand how and why he does what he does.
LOL!! Everybody has known for years that MX Douche has always been the fat mans mouth piece he has zero credibility when it comes to anything...all this article shows is what an arrogant shit bag Luongo is...
Bearuno
6/7/2022 5:52am Edited Date/Time 6/7/2022 7:30am
Joshracing wrote:
KNOW your facts guys.... direct from the man, he did not say 'fuck you' at all..... the riders are way out of line here, and did...
Giuseppe's been spouting his self serving BS for decades now, while bleeding the sport dry. He's an expert in deception, misdirection and pushing his agendas.

And 'MXGeoff' has been his brown nosing propagandist for much of his reign.

Bugger both of them for the arseholes that they are.

20 /25 minutes of track prep with the equipment they had there, and the race would have gone ahead, Earlier than it ended up going off, and with the full compliment of riders. But no, Giuseppe's Boy and others, wouldn't do the better thing.

As for the "Know your facts guys" - the "F**k You" is part of the OPs heading of this thread.
6/7/2022 6:11am
Joshracing wrote:
Bearuno wrote:
Giuseppe's been spouting his self serving BS for decades now, while bleeding the sport dry. He's an expert in deception, misdirection and pushing his agendas. And...
Giuseppe's been spouting his self serving BS for decades now, while bleeding the sport dry. He's an expert in deception, misdirection and pushing his agendas.

20 /25 minutes of track prep with the equipment they had there, and the race would have gone ahead, Earlier than it ended up going off, and with the full compliment of riders. But no, Giuseppe's Boy and others, wouldn't do the better thing.

As for the "Know your facts guys" - the "F**k You" is part of the OPs heading of this thread.
Prep the track? When did this become a thing? I often wonder why they prep... it's freakin motocross! Luongo's right in what he said, the guys wanted to fall back on the results of practice, chicken shit of going out and getting muddy.
You're there to perform, rain, hail or shine. They should not be grooming the track, maybe some mega ruts in jump faces, not the first corner... just ride it baby!
ayearinmx
6/7/2022 6:12am
The riders spoke to the FIM and Infront BEFORE the start gate. They did nothing.
Then they spoke again in the start gate and still the people in charge didn't listen, and instead told them to go play golf. Listening to it happen live was embarrassing, how these people were looking down on the riders...
Vince_192
6/7/2022 6:55am Edited Date/Time 6/7/2022 7:46am
Joshracing wrote:
Have you read that article?

Old Luongo contradicted himself right at the first question.

Says the promoter has to stay neutral, and that dialogue is needed. Yet on the startgate, there was no dialogue. It was his "very smart" son who had a monologue on the line - "You are racing or DQ-ed", while the rulebook says otherwise (one lap in time practice is enough to be qualified). Not to mention the disrespectful tossing "go play golf", which along the lines is equal to a "fuck off".

Both Luongos are just pathetic ego-trippers, who could never climb down from their imaginary throne and say "we maybe fucked up also". Instead, the old dictator continued the "interview" (paid PR article) by bashing the riders, whilst uplifting the ass of his son and himself.
zookrider62!
6/7/2022 6:58am
Joshracing wrote:
Bearuno wrote:
Giuseppe's been spouting his self serving BS for decades now, while bleeding the sport dry. He's an expert in deception, misdirection and pushing his agendas. And...

Joshracing wrote:
Prep the track? When did this become a thing? I often wonder why they prep... it's freakin motocross! Luongo's right in what he said, the guys...
Prep the track? When did this become a thing? I often wonder why they prep... it's freakin motocross! Luongo's right in what he said, the guys wanted to fall back on the results of practice, chicken shit of going out and getting muddy.
You're there to perform, rain, hail or shine. They should not be grooming the track, maybe some mega ruts in jump faces, not the first corner... just ride it baby!
If no track prep is needed, and the organizer thinks it is safe, prove it. Get Luongo on the line and show everyone how safe it is
KONG
6/7/2022 9:06am
Joshracing wrote:
Nice piece of advice. That's like saying "To get all the truth about the special operation in Ukraine, watch RT"...
Laughing
scott_nz
6/7/2022 11:09am
Joshracing wrote:
Prep the track? When did this become a thing? I often wonder why they prep... it's freakin motocross! Luongo's right in what he said, the guys...
Mxgp usually prep the start straight before every start ,
USA
6/7/2022 11:12am
Based off the interview woth Luongo, I do not expect anything to change and I wouldn't be surprised to see some attempted penalties or punishments levied toward the riders like Seewer and Prado.

I can't believe they are trying to throw their own athletes under the bus. Trying to insinuate that the riders don't want to get muddy and that's the problem.

Luongo: isn’t it odd that the riders who acted strongly were the first 7 riders (plus another 1 or 2 extra) from the morning’s time-practise results and following the Regulations: if we don’t have a qualifying race the riders line up for the Sunday’s races with the results of the time-practise. Strange huh?  And quite frankly if I were to put myself in the position of one of these top riders, and if I could avoid having to race in the mud for about 25 minutes with the difficulties that in a muddy race brings and where many things can happen possibly creating not a good gate pick for Sunday’s racing when I already had a good result in the morning’s time-practise, in a selfish consideration I can understand them..."

Post a reply to: Luongo says 'F You' to the riders in France

The Latest

The Latest